Community > Posts By > Arcamedees

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 06:37 AM

Boyz who wear baggy jeans UNDER thier azz Especially when they try to run ohwell

Boys who wear baggy pants anywhere. Didn't we used to make fun of people like that?

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 06:34 AM

How do you figure? Sure it creates jobs but adds to debt. Where's the money? Might I point out also that our freaking infrastructure is crumbling? Tell you what, fix the roads and bridges and then you can go to the moon.

LMAO Wasn't the stimulas supposed to fix our infrastructure?
Oh yea to many pork projects in it to fix the roads.
Obama himself even addmited that there weren't "shovel ready jobs"

Here in WI our lame a$$ GOV Doyle (D) got 800 million for a train from Milwaukee to Madison a distance of 75 miles.

Now in order for the train to run it will need to be subsidized by WI tax payers at an estimate of $200.00 per rider.

I think 800 million would go a long way fixing WI roads and bridges instead of a train no one is going to use and need tax payer money to run it.

I'm willing to bet everyother state in the US could use the money from for infrastructure instead of the BS pork prodjects it's allocated for.

obama has no clue as to what he is doing... he feeds the rich, and says he's working for the poor... people are seeing through his liberal crap, he won't be a 2 termer...did you see where he gave the city of LA 111 million dollars to create jobs and help save some? 56 jobs were created or saved....

lol..I've heard of that before. It would've been cheaper, and more effective, if they just gave a million dollars to 100 people at random.

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 06:32 AM

How do you figure? Sure it creates jobs but adds to debt. Where's the money? Might I point out also that our freaking infrastructure is crumbling? Tell you what, fix the roads and bridges and then you can go to the moon.

LMAO Wasn't the stimulas supposed to fix our infrastructure?
Oh yea to many pork projects in it to fix the roads.
Obama himself even addmited that there weren't "shovel ready jobs"

Here in WI our lame a$$ GOV Doyle (D) got 800 million for a train from Milwaukee to Madison a distance of 75 miles.

Now in order for the train to run it will need to be subsidized by WI tax payers at an estimate of $200.00 per rider.

I think 800 million would go a long way fixing WI roads and bridges instead of a train no one is going to use and need tax payer money to run it.

I'm willing to bet everyother state in the US could use the money from for infrastructure instead of the BS pork prodjects it's allocated for.

Well that much is certainly true.

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 06:27 AM

i love people.............

we are all soo.......different............
m:heart: akes the world such a great place to be!!!

What drugs are you on?
And where can I get some?

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 06:24 AM

Race isn't an issue with me.

Me neither. For physical attraction, I'm more into shapes than coloring. And everybody is the same color in the dark.

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 06:12 AM

Humanity has doomed itself to extinction. Largely due to religious influences on human societies.

Why is that? Because you have arbitrarily stated that as a fact?

You really are quite limited in your thinking, aren't you

Let me guess...because I don't agree with you, my thinking is quite limited? Okay dude. You are the one who makes up facts and insists you know something that science is nowhere near to determining.

No. Because it is a fact. I'd explain exactly why it is a fact but it would involve science, logic and math and quite frankly, I just don't think you'd understand it.

And no, I don't think you're quite limited because you disagree w/ me. MsHarmony disagrees w/ me quite frequently and I've never expressed the thought that she's quite limited. I think you're quite limited in your thinking because of your posts. Like I said, you're just not a big picture kinda guy.

no photo
Mon 10/25/10 05:47 AM

I think it is probably a very stupid idea to start insulting people like Jesus Christ.What comes around goes around and if you don't think bad karma comes to those who deserve it I would say your wrong.

Somehow I have this funny feeling I will be having the last laugh.

Hey Thomas, you ever pull that stick out of your ***?

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 10:20 PM
Are we telling Jesus jokes now??

I got one.
Jesus walks into a hotel, throws 3 nails on the counter and says,
"Hey, can you put me up for the night?"

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 12:43 PM
Edited by Arcamedees on Sun 10/24/10 12:43 PM

what's the worst thing a so called friend or significant other has ever done to you?

Ex-wife
Stole over $28000
Screwed up her birthcontrol, got pregnant, stole money from me to get an abortion. Told me about it afterward. Twice.
Would sleep naked next to me but only allowed sex once a month. If I lasted longer than 5 minutes, she'd say something romantic like "Are you done yet?"
Would yell at me for masturbating in the bathroom.
Constantly accused me of cheating on her. Point of fact, I've never cheated on anyone in my life. So not my style.
After the divorce, I was bankrupted, 10 grand in debt and she sued for $3500 more or half my business, whichever I could come up w/ first.
She then killed my cat and my ferret, before I could get settled enough to get them back.

1o years later, she emailed me and wanted to be friends and did I know what really happened between us.
I said I already knew. She's a psychob*** from hell.

geeze. i can say that she is and will always be the wicked east of the west, south north.. no matter where she goes or who she ends up with she has no heart she proved that
and having her kill animal thats way heartless you should had pressed charges for animal crulity

funny you should write that. My pet name for her became The Wicked Biotch of the West.

She actually asked me why do I hate her so much. I replied with something like, "Let me get my list. Do you want that in chronological order or in magnitude of cruelty?"
I can honestly say she's the only woman I've ever had my penis in that I hate. And will hate forever.

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 12:22 PM

I think I can sum up where this thread is heading...

Most Christians are misguided by self deluded fools who likewise bought into the BS for many reasons. The church has become what Jesus hated. You cannot sell salvation. You cannot speak for god. GOD speaks for God.

There are Christians who live by the Word of Jesus and those who live by Jesus being their savior. The ones living by the word get it. The pray to God only. They do not pray to Jesus. the rest are not smart enough to see the lies they are being blinded by.

People think they have heaven to gain if they beat the drum of Church loud enough. People think that by staunchly and blindly following a belief and not asking questions of it that they will get some pass into heaven. It is sad to see so many people who give up their souls to an idea that there is a loving God waiting for them on the other side of death.

No one knows what lies on the other side. People are too fuqued up on heaven and you get Islamics out of the deal becasue people want to have order in their lives that the hypocrisy of Organized Christianity robs them of.

There is a lot more to life than a book written from a collection of other writings and twisted to fit the dogma of a pseudo-pagan belief system. People that cannot see past their own noses are cursed to remain short sighted all their lives. Likewise wearing cross embellished blinders does not help anyone.

All Jesus wanted was for people to actually live good lives above the bestial and instinctual natures of our species. Humans are innately evil becasue we have instincts that drive us harder than our intellectual side can over come. Starve a good man long enough and abuse him and he either will lay down and die or lash out and fight. The story of job is the ultimate tale of a puzzywhipped man if I ever seen one! God handed that man to Lucifer and he got totally punished all to placate God's vanity. So I take it God is above sin too?

Frankly why worry about heaven until the time goes to get there?

Life is too hard to be blinded to the fact we either chose to live good lives or bad. There is no buying forgiveness. There is no being absolved of our guilt! Do the crime, do the time! Killing the son of God is a crime! I am of the Heritage of the ones who nailed his azz to the tree! Hell, I don't want any part of Jesus's murder!

The more I read some of these replies the more it reminds me of watching a couple of 10 year olds.I have to keep believing I am actually talking to adults here and not some immature 5th grader.Yet from what I have been reading I feel like I am at the wrong web site and have been redirected to some elementry school webpage for mentally challenged children.

Is this is how you debate I can see why Cowboy is usually the only person who is dealing with you.The rest of us are out there on other sites having logical,thoughtful,productive debates with mature,intellegent,respectful people who don't need to insult us with every other word they speak.

As far as us foolish Christians?About the only people who use that term are the Atheist.Christians schools and colleges are constantly outperforming everyone else.Home schooled Christians are also far superior in their knowledge compared to your average high school student.You famous foolish Christians would include nearly all the founding fathers,nearly all of our Presidents,the founders of some of the worlds greatest inventions,and the CEO's and founders of some of Americas most important companies.

Famous and intelligent Atheist???You might get 50 then again you might not.

You say going to church is what Jesus hated?Wow!!!!Reading about his life,praising his works,and worshiping and singing songs devoted to him is hatred towards Jesus???I would say that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard debating religion.Oh and Andy church is free.You don't have to pay a dime.

I do speak for God and I do speak for Jesus because I am telling you exactly what they said,and why they said it.I am a Christian disciple and when I quote bible verses I am speaking the words of God.

Every Christian I have ever met believes Jesus is their God and savior.You will not find half and half.It makes no difference if you pray to God or if you pray to Jesus because they are all one in three entities.The father,the son,and the Holy ghost.

I can see your lack of biblical knowledge is not only wrong it's embarrassing wrong.Job wasn't a push over he was quite the opposite.Job was a very Holy and faithful man.Satan told God if he killed all of his animals,killed all of his offspring,and left Job broke and homeless Job would deny God and curse God.God allowed Satan to have his way with Job and Satan killed all of his animals,all of his family,and everything else he could do except kill him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Job

All of Job's possessions are destroyed and a 'ruach' (wind/spirit) causes the house of the firstborn to collapse killing all of Job's offspring who were gathered for a feast.[note 1] Job does not curse God after this but instead shaves his head, tears his clothes and says, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return: Lord has given, and Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of Lord" (Simplified).[4]

As Job endures these calamities without reproaching Divine Providence, Satan solicits permission to afflict his person as well, and God says, "Behold, he is in your hand, but don't touch his life." Satan, therefore, smites him with dreadful boils, and Job, seated in ashes, scrapes his skin with broken pottery. His wife prompts him to "curse God, and die" but Job answers, "You speak as one of the foolish speaks. Moreover, shall we receive good from God and shall not receive evil?"

Despite everything that happened to Job he never denied or cursed God not once.Satan was dead wrong about Job.Job never did anything Satan claimed he would do.God was so pleased with Job he gave his sons back to him,healed him of his boils,restored his house,and multiplied his animals many times over.It was said Job was so rich and powerful that he was in control of the entire Middle east.

There is much.much more to this story which is too long to post here.Job is is my most favorite books of the bible and is loaded with wisdom.I posted some bible verse here...

http://www.jesus-passion.com/JOB.htm#Chapter%2030

The Book of Job, Chapter 30
1 But now the younger in time scorn me, whose fathers I
would not have set with the dogs of my flock:
2 The strength of whose hands was to me as nothing, and they
were thought unworthy of life itself.
3 Barren with want and hunger, who gnawed in the wilderness,
disfigured with calamity and misery.
4 And they ate grass, and barks of trees, and the root of
junipers was their food.
5 Who snatched up these things out of the valleys, and when
they had found any of them, they ran to them with a cry.
6 They dwelt in the desert places of torrents, and in caves
of earth, or upon the gravel.
7 They pleased themselves among these kind of things, and
counted it delightful to be under the briers.
8 The children of foolish and base men, and not appearing at
all upon the earth.
9 Now I am turned into their song, and am become their
byword.
10 They abhor me, and flee far from me, and are not afraid to
spit in my face.
11 For he hath opened his quiver, and hath afflicted me, and
hath put a bridle into my mouth.
12 At the right hand of my rising, my calamities forthwith
arose: they have overthrown my feet, and have overwhelmed
me with their paths as with waves.
13 They have destroyed my ways, they have lain in wait
against me, and they have prevailed, and there was none to
help.
14 They have rushed in upon me, as when a wall is broken, and
a gate opened, and have rolled themselves down to my
miseries.
15 I am brought to nothing: as a wind thou hast taken away my
desire: and my prosperity hath passed away like a cloud.
16 And now my soul fadeth within myself, and the days of
affliction possess me.
17 In the night my bone is pierced with sorrows: and they
that feed upon me, do not sleep.
18 With the multitude of them my garment is consumed, and
they have girded me about, as with the collar of my coat.
19 I am compared to dirt, and am likened to embers and ashes.
20 I cry to thee, and thou hearest me not: I stand up, and
thou dost not regard me.
21 Thou art changed to be cruel toward me, and in the
hardness of thy hand thou art against me.
22 Thou hast lifted me up, and set me as it were upon the
wind, and thou hast mightily dashed me.
23 I know that thou wilt deliver me to death, where a house
is appointed for every one that liveth.
24 But yet thou stretchest not forth thy hand to their
consumption: and if they shall fall down thou wilt save.
25 I wept heretofore for him that was afflicted, and my soul
had compassion on the poor.
26 I expected good things, and evils are come upon me: I
waited for light, and darkness broke out.
27 My inner parts have boiled without any rest, the days of
affliction have prevented me.
28 I went mourning without indignation; I rose up, and cried
in the crowd.
29 I was the brother of dragons, and companion of ostriches.
30 My skin is become black upon me, and my bones are dried up
with heat.
31 My harp is turned to mourning, and my organ into the voice
of those that weep.

You say so much but say so little. on top of that you seem to forget Jesus in his day trashed the temple. He flat out threw a fit and in his violence drove the money changers out of the temple. Jesus viewed the church as a gathering of like minded people anywhere they happened to be. What is the church now? The EXACT same thing Jesus reviled. Money Changers and sellers of salvation.

You DARE point a finger and accuse me of being a five year old? nice Ad Hominum attack. REAL MATURE of you. I lost my childhood to the Church thank you! (Not by a molesting priest either!) If there are any children here it is those that resort to such attempts at debasing those of us who make very calculated observations of a topic.

Now since I am past your cheap shot show me where Jesus says I MUST be a member of a church to find salvation. And also if I am living a good life what have I got to be saved from? The possibility I may turn evil? OH TOO LATE! I have embraced my dark side as well as my light side. Oh but does accepting something that I may not like as part of me automatic grounds to condemn me to hell? If so who made you my judge? I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DIP DARE YOU to show me in words I am condemned becasue that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt people like you will do things against the very scriptures you pound why? instead of leaving the Judgment to God you are trying to find ways of Justifying YOUR opinion about how God will see the matter.

So who is immature here now???

tongue2

On top of that all the paraphrasing you threw at me is utterly meaningless to the matter at hand. Not to come off condescending but there is no message, just a bunch of nifty quotes tossed like salad.

Why do you even bother?

Because I am A: Tired of false prophets,

B: I am sick of perpetuating a lie and false truths,

C: Someone has to stand up to this BS and scripture bending,

D: I am sick and tired of all these "Expert" Christians twisting the real message of Jesus into a recruitment drive,

And lastly...

E: I am sick and tired of all these Shepherds! It is getting to be more like Sheep pretending to be Shepherds rather than than being sheep! Judas Goats come to mind!

Like I said, someone has to stand up to this BS and maybe others who have been blinded by the years of lies and deception will finally look to themselves rather than to some uncaring unseen absentee God in the hope of some kind of eternal reward.

God cannot nor will not solve the problems of the world. Mankind has to do it for ourselves. God just aggravates the problems more!

Fair 'nuff.
But don't you get tired of beating your head against some mad buggers wall, to paraphraze Pink Floyd?

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 12:09 PM

what's the worst thing a so called friend or significant other has ever done to you?

Ex-wife
Stole over $28000
Screwed up her birthcontrol, got pregnant, stole money from me to get an abortion. Told me about it afterward. Twice.
Would sleep naked next to me but only allowed sex once a month. If I lasted longer than 5 minutes, she'd say something romantic like "Are you done yet?"
Would yell at me for masturbating in the bathroom.
Constantly accused me of cheating on her. Point of fact, I've never cheated on anyone in my life. So not my style.
After the divorce, I was bankrupted, 10 grand in debt and she sued for $3500 more or half my business, whichever I could come up w/ first.
She then killed my cat and my ferret, before I could get settled enough to get them back.

1o years later, she emailed me and wanted to be friends and did I know what really happened between us.
I said I already knew. She's a psychob*** from hell.

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:53 AM

I wonder how many lives religion saves? probably not a popular topic though,,,

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 - "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."

one of the thousands of scriptures of the Bible which stands out for ME and I wonder how many others,,,,,

I've always wondered of those that believe that particular passage, how do they justify ear/body piercings and tatoos?

good question, perhaps they see it more as decorating or painting the temple than destroying it,,,

I have never done either though, because I am hesitant of doing those things to my temple, and I find them unattractive,,lol

We definatly agree on that.
I do have one ear pierced. A girl I was dating thought it would look cute. I keep it to remind me not to do stupid chit for girls.
Like that would work....laugh

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:46 AM

my brother always answers,
and starts speaking french.
they usually don't know what to say.

laugh :banana:

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:45 AM

Got a call one day. It was a recorded sales pitch.
Said, if I'm interested to just stay on the line.
I hung up.

Got the same call one day later.
I could see a pattern so, this time I let it go on through.

What would you have told them to do about calling you with sales calls on a daily basis?

Get rid of my home phone. W/ a cell phone, why does anyone still have a land line anyway?

This is what I do w/ junk faxes. Maybe it'll inspire you.
I've set up my computer at work to catch all faxes. Every junk fax that comes in that has a toll free number, I tell my computer to try to fax it back to them. 99 times. It's most effective when the toll free number is a voice line. But even if they don't, any time an 800 number, or any variation thereof, is answered it costs them 50 cents.
If everyone did this w/ all junk faxes, it would soon not be cost effective to junk fax anyone.

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:26 AM

Yes anyone who true heartedly seeks him shall find him. And in response to your response to this, actions speak louder then words.

Again,

Are you claiming to have more than just "faith" in a religious doctrine?

Are you claiming to have encountered "God"? huh

Yes, I feel God, I see God, and I talk to God everyday.

If He talks back, they have medicine for that now.

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:25 AM

In any case, since you did not find God he doesn't exist? So when kids go on an Easter egg hunt, and if one doesn't find any eggs then the eggs didn't exist in the first place?

Foul comparison.

Besides, have you found God? huh

I know that you'll claim that you have, but let's face it, all you've done is convince yourself to have FAITH in an ancient fable about God. You accept that as having "found" God.

Other people expect to actually FIND something and not merely brainwash themselves into believing that having FAITH equates to actually FINDING something.

Have you actually MET God and conversed with him directly? huh

If not, then you're claims to have "found" God are bogus.

If so, then I'm sure everyone would love to hear your experiences with God. Where they visions in dreams? Did you meet up with a taking burning bush? What exactly are you referring to when you claim that you 'found' God?

If all you've done is find something to believe in that gives you overwhelming peace of mind, then join the club. Lot's of people have found that in many different religions. In fact, many atheists actually attribute their total acceptance of atheism as constituting a great release, freedom, and peace of mind.

So what are you claiming here Cowboy?

To merely have FAITH, in which case you haven't found anything.

Or are you claiming to have actually met God? In which case you'll be treading some pretty thin ice on these forums.

====================================================
I know that you'll claim that you have, but let's face it, all you've done is convince yourself to have FAITH in an ancient fable about God. You accept that as having "found" God.
=====================================================

Yes i have found God. You can see him everywhere you look and you can feel him if you truly reach out for our father.

People can delude themselves into thinking all kinds of things.
I don't particularly like reality. But I do live there.

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:24 AM

rofl

Look at how silly this fable truly is!

John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

No one can get to the Father but by Jesus, but no one can get to Jesus buy by the Father. whoa

So clearly humans have no choice in the matter. You can't get to Jesus by choice like the Christians have claimed. Their very own fable rejects this notion. The only thing you can do is wait to be drawn in by the Father.

Jesus taught this in other verses as well when he spoke about lost sheep. He said that he would go out looking for his lost sheep, he never suggested that he expects them to come looking for him.

Of course, we can't truly say that Jesus taught any of this because we have nothing from Jesus. All we have to go by is these convoluted rumors written by other men. Men who often disagree with each other, and even contradict their very own claims.

The mere fact that Jesus did not agree with the teachings of the Torah is really all the evidence that we truly need to conclude that Jesus could not possibly have been the son of the God of Abraham.

So we can reject those rumors right off the bat. If we can connect the teachings of Jesus with anything, the closest philosophy that was popular in those day would have been Mahayana Buddhism.

Just compare the moral teachings that were attributed to Jesus in the gospels with the moral teachings of Mahayana Buddhism including their concept of a Bodhisattva and it's clear that Jesus was far more likely a Buddhist than he was the demigod of the God of Abraham.

It's really that simple.

==========================================================
John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
===========================================================

This example isn't an exact example, but it's roughly the same thing. Same I work at Wall Mart. You're looking for a job, thus i suggest wall mart... *the father drawing you in.* So you apply to the job with the manager of wall mart *Jesus Christ*. The owner hires you for the job. If you do your job well you get promoted *heaven*.

This is how it works. The father will draw EVERYONE that seeks him first. I tell you of God, that little feeling/thought "well maybe he's right". That is the father speaking to you trying to draw you to him. Right then and there you have the choice to follow the path which leads to our father. So you get on the path... now where do you go? It's ok, you won't get lost Jesus is there to direct you to the way to our father.

So...following God and Jesus is like working for Evil Inc...I mean Walmart.
Good to know.

And...
I've sought God. Never found Him. Jesus, on the other hand, was hiding behind the couch the whole time. Crazy long haired hippie...he should stop walkin' on water and start showing with it....I'm just saying...nobody wants to smell your humanity..divinity...whatever...

In any case, I'm not thinking "well maybe he's right". sorry dude...

Have you really sought God? Have you really truly sought our father? Having no doubt, having no fears, having no second thoughts? Have you really true heartedly sought our father? You don't have to answer these if you do not wish, just asked mainly for you personally to think about.

Yes. Yes. No and No and No. Yes.
Ok..thx...and wtf?
If I had no doubt, fear, or second thoughts, I wouldn't have had to "sought God", as you say. Or I wouldn't have bothered. One of those.

To save time, 'cause I know you're gonna ask...
I did the whole walk out into the night, stare up into the heavens and pray to God to give me some kind of way to believe in Him thing. Not to mention, going to all kinds of churches, talking to all kinds of people of all kinds of religious faiths. Read the bible, the tora, and various other religious texts from ancient cultures to the modern versions of christianity.
So yeah, I'm pretty sure you can safely say I sought God. I have as yet to see any reason to believe there is any such thing as God, gods or goddesses.
And pretty much most people who have a "deep and abiding faith" in anything, are lying 2 faced scumbags who have no problem hurting anyone who won't see things their way. And animals. Since animals have no soul and anyone who doesn't agree with their way of thinking are in league w/ the devil anyway, it's just fine to hurt them as much as you want. God is cool like that. So most of "them" think.

There are, of course, people of deep and abiding faiths who aren't cruel to animals and mean to anyone different than themselves. But I've found that a vast majority are.

In any case, I've sought God and have found Him not. Sorry dude.

But did you seek him with an open mind? Or did you have prejudice thoughts in your journey?

umm...oi...yes...with tears in my eyes.

========================================
In any case, I've sought God and have found Him not. Sorry dude.
========================================

In any case, since you did not find God he doesn't exist? So when kids go on an Easter egg hunt, and if one doesn't find any eggs then the eggs didn't exist in the first place?

No....he doesn't exist because it makes no sense that he would, not just because I didn't find him.
In any case that's not the point. You said anyone who sought Him would find Him. I've just shown that to be untrue.

Yes anyone who true heartedly seeks him shall find him. And in response to your response to this, actions speak louder then words.

You just can't accept that I truly sought and did not find can you?

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 11:01 AM

Ok Obama says it no big deal because, in his words I heard on the news, "we've been there before..." But have we really? That much water in one crater seems pretty hard to miss. And is this not a fantastic find? And even if we have, the technology we have now far surpasses that of the 1960's.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/water-moon-nasa-impact-probe/story?id=11939079

obama is to busy tossing money up in the air to worry about important things that will help us....

Someday we'll go but for now I think we can't afford it? Ya think?

Maybe if it were oil....but then we'd have to attack it first. Shoot the moon...

funny thing, every dollar spent on space exploration yields 14 more here on Earth.
Computers and digital watches are but 2 inventions that came out of the space program. It's quite stupid to think we're saving money by not funding NASA.

But we should eventually get off this planet before we completely destroy it...maybe we can send the cons to live on the moon. That'd help...

Oh, I found a map of the dark side..and actually it's not always dark...we just never see this. May already be bases on it...lol. Who knows eh?

How do I figure? Are you serious? frustrated
Ok sparky, think about computers. Think really hard. Are you thinking about it really hard? Good. Now think of all the things that computers have something to with. It's a lot isn't it? Now think of how many jobs are dependant in any way on computers. It's alot too, isn't it? Now think about the world now if there were no computers. Pretty scary, huh.
Now, do you know where computers that use chips came from? That's right! The space program. So, what do you think would've happened to computers if we never had the space program? That's right! Computers would only be owned by governments. They'd be as big as houses and use tubes. And nothing that uses chips would exist, at least not in the way it does now.

So now that you know all this, can you imagine that future space programs will yield future technologies? Technologies that may also change the world. That just might solve a few problems here on Earth.
Isn't that exciting?

Now go eat a cookie and take a nap. Afterward, you can go out and play.
slaphead

Don't be a DW, computers were first used for data calculations for military purposes. The company I worked for was one of the first, the Eniac....but the transisters were originally used in RADIOS...then integrated...then modern computers were born out of that.

Where are you going to get funding for a space project when our roads to get to these jobs are crumbling away?

It will take time but now is not the time.

"ENIAC, short for Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer,[1][2] was the first general-purpose, electronic computer. It was a Turing-complete, digital computer capable of being reprogrammed to solve a full range of computing problems.[3]

"ENIAC was designed to calculate artillery firing tables for the United States Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory, but its first use was in calculations for the hydrogen bomb.[4][5] When ENIAC was announced in 1946 it was heralded in the press as a "Giant Brain". It boasted speeds one thousand times faster than electro-mechanical machines, a leap in computing power that no single machine has since matched. This mathematical power, coupled with general-purpose programmability, excited scientists and industrialists. The inventors promoted the spread of these new ideas by teaching a series of lectures on computer architecture.

The ENIAC's design and construction was financed by the United States Army during World War II."

Don't argue with a 17 year Univac employee dude...LOL.

If you want to talk about first computers, we can go back alot furthur than that.
My point was the modern versions of computers that use chips came out of the space program. Directly out of the space program. If we never had the space program, our computers of today would be a lot closer to the Eniac design than a laptop.
Exploration of space has yielded more new technologies than virtually any other human endevour, except perhaps war. Well, it did, once upon a time when it was funded adequately, I should say.

It is incredibly short-sighted to think that monies spent on space exploration would be better employed fixing roads on Earth. But being short-sighted is one of the things humans do best...

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 10:49 AM

Close call between two. One was cleaning commercial chemical spills in 100 degree weather while wearing a taped up plastic suit and 'fireman' type boots. Even more fun the time a 50,000 gallon tank of tar decided to puke it's guts out. Imagine walking through a volcano filled with molten bubble gum while carrying 150 pounds of crap. Then there was the job where I was tearing down houses. REAL fun doing it with nothing more than hammers, prybars and a chainsaw in the middle of summer while sweating your a$$ off and getting fiberglass insulation all over you.

I've done the second one you mentioned before. But I was 12 or 14 or so and wrecking a house seemed like great fun at that age.

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 10:46 AM

I wonder how many lives religion saves? probably not a popular topic though,,,

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 - "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."

one of the thousands of scriptures of the Bible which stands out for ME and I wonder how many others,,,,,

I've always wondered of those that believe that particular passage, how do they justify ear/body piercings and tatoos?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25