Community > Posts By > Arcamedees

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 06:06 AM

We are talking about Atheist and the murder they commit because Atheist dictators and their followers are a direct threat to our way of life more than any other form of belief.We don't need to go back 3,000 years.We can go back just in the last 50 and see the millions of people killed.In the future it will either be Islamic or Atheist countries that are going to be a threat to our future.It will not be Christian.
If you can prove that this war was started because of Christianity.That this on going War is being fought for Christianity,and that our government is using the bible to justify the War go ahead.When you present your case to the court your evidence will be ZERO!

Yeah. 'Cause places like Greenland are such a threat...laugh

And if you're talking about the war in Iraq, quite alot of evidence has come out about how Bush2 believed God, his christian God, told him to invade Iraq.

You're so uninformed, so divorced from reality, I have difficulty taking you seriously. If you are for real, what trauma did you suffer as a child? Were you abused? Did you suffer from a severe brain injury? I'm thinking something really bad must've happened to you to make you this way. Have you ever sought help?

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:51 AM

It is a well established fact that Atheist dictators who started these Wars banned religion from their country and killed anyone who was practicing their religion.Many of these Atheist dictators banned religion specifically because the people who practiced religion held God as the supreme ruler of their country and their life.Not the dictator who was in power.This is the main reason Hitler hated and despised the Jews so much.They refused to accept him as the supreme ruler of Germany.

Well, I guess it was a good thing for Hitler that the christians didn't feel as the Jews did. Gosh, going by what you're saying, if the christians didn't back Hitler, he wouldn't have been able to rise to power at all.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
laugh whoa

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:42 AM

The Real Murderers: Atheism or Christianity?

Is it legitimate to condemn religion for historical atrocities?

http://www.str.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5527

I think you mean to ask "Nationalism or Religiosity?", not "Atheism or Christianity?".

And both Nationalism and Religiosity are guilty of severe 'historical atrocities'.

All this shows us is: if we throw off the evil influences of religion, we have to be careful not to replace it with another evil influence - like extreme nationalism. Atheism is no guarantee of ethical, humane conduct.

True that.
However, I would contend that atheists have a better shot at not being evil. At least less hypocritical.

Of course, I also think basing any decision on some antiquated superstition is an evil act, in and of itself.

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:32 AM

bigotry kills,,,whatever umbrella it hides under and it hides under many ( politics, religion, nationality, patriotism, etc,,)

True that. Unfortunatly.

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:29 AM

And statistics can be made to show nearly anything. For instance, I bet most males who commited suicide wore pants. I'm thinking pants may be a casual factor in males commiting suicide. Of course, this is absurd, but I hope my point is clear.

I'm getting a kilt, just to be sure....

rofl

Don't get the bagpipes though! I heard that a lot of bagpipers have died whilst playing those things! Maybe they were just snatched up early in rapture. Who knows?

I kinda like bagpipes...

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:26 AM

i often wonder, how can an atheist be so sure that there is no god, that they are willing to jeopardize eternity for a mere 70-100 years of life. its kinda funny because you can be certain that there is a God if you truly know him, but you can never really be certain that there is not if you dont know him.

Please consider a sanity check. rofl

Which game system? Some require a d20 and others a percentage roll.

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:22 AM

Our father hates no one. He only loves. That is why he offers eternal life. If he didn't love you or someone else, would he still offer the eternal life? I think no, but he does. Heaven is merely a gift. Gifts are generally earned in one way or other. Not "bought" but earned through love.

But it's impossible to earn this supposed gift through "love".

According to the Christians the only way to achieve this gift is to convert to Christianity. First, confess that Jesus is the "The Christ", then acknowledge that he was the Only Begotten Son of the God of the Old Testament, and THEN confess that the entire Old Testament must necessarily be the "Word of God" and thus represent the LAWS of God.

What does any of that CRAP have to do with "LOVE"?

I can tell you right now, that it has absolutely nothing at all to do with Love.

All that crap has to do with is Christian bigotry. Trying to hold the ignorant ways of a sick demented male-chauvinistic and homophoic society over the heads of modern people.

That has absolutely nothing at all to do with "Love".

Christians use Jesus to spread hatred and religious bigotry, and the mere fact that they pretend to speak of things like "Love" only shows just how horribly blinded they truly are.

Christianity is only a title given to us because of atheists and other beliefs. There's no "conversion" necessary. The only things necessary are accepting Jesus Christ as your sacrifice for your sins. You do this by the way you live. For if you believe in him "accepting his sacrifice" you would follow the teachings that he gave. That is the ONLY thing necessary to gaining salvation. Jesus is the light that leads our way to the father. And it has everything to do with love. The greatest display of the greatest love is laying your life down for someone else. Weather that's literal or symbolic. Jesus LITERALLY laid his life down for us so that we can share in the glory of God. All you have to do is sybolically lay your life down for our father in return. Live your life for others including our father and not for just you. Of course you'll have to live for yourself eg., going to work, meeting a woman, building a family, ect. But through your actions of how you live your life is how you'd be laying your life down for the father.

===================================
Christians use Jesus to spread hatred and religious bigotry, and the mere fact that they pretend to speak of things like "Love" only shows just how horribly blinded they truly are.
====================================

Christians spread no hatred or religious bigotry. Christianity spreads equality, love, compassion, and so much more. And here's a simple form of how it spreads as such.

Equality = We ALL fall short in the glory of God. Thus no one is better then another, we are all equal in this boat of life.

Love = Offering eternal life. Everything you would ever want or need at just a whim of asking for it.

Compassion = Offering forgiveness of sins and trespasses you may have done. There is but only one unforgivable sin, and that is denying the lord thy God. ALL other sins are forgiveable if you seek the forgiveness.

Kudos for thinking that. Your naivete is rather cute. Kudos for being that way yourself.
However, that is certainly not how most christians present their religion.

That's their failures. Our father teaches us to be as previously mentioned.

Evidence of the opposite not withstanding.
You're interpretation is laudible, however, I really don't think most christians share that.

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:18 AM

i often wonder, how can an atheist be so sure that there is no god, that they are willing to jeopardize eternity for a mere 70-100 years of life. its kinda funny because you can be certain that there is a God if you truly know him, but you can never really be certain that there is not if you dont know him.

I see no reason to believe that a person's belief is going to have anything at all to do with their eternal fate. That kind of rhetoric only stems from the Abrahamic Religions with their supposed jealous egotistical God who hates anyone who refuses to love him. whoa

Who would want to worship such an ignorant selfish God for eternity anyway? Even if that mythology were true your best bet would be to tell that God to go jump in his lake of fire because he's clearly not worthy of worship.

Unless, of course, you'd be willing to worship a demon just to save your butt from death. Personally I would gladly choose death over becoming the mindless slave to an evil demon like the biblical God.

Our father hates no one. He only loves. That is why he offers eternal life. If he didn't love you or someone else, would he still offer the eternal life? I think no, but he does. Heaven is merely a gift. Gifts are generally earned in one way or other. Not "bought" but earned through love.

umm...If one has to earn a "gift", it's not a gift. It's payment for services rendered.

Yes if the reasoning of doing the services is in working towards getting the gift. Those things you did that were suppose to be nice and loving have then turned to selfishness. But if the obedience is done not in working towards the gift but just lovingly done, then that loving thing of which you did was done in a great dead.

Do you do sweet things to your spouse in hopes of getting rewarded? Or do you do those sweet loving things just to show your love for her and make her feel special?

It's all about where your heart is in the given action.

I think this is one of those things we're going have to agree to disagree.
If you do something with the expectation of a reward, that's a job.
A gift is not something that is earned, but something that is freely given, with out the expectation of anything.

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:53 PM

Personally, I have absolutely no wish to survive when society collapses permanantly.

Society will not collapse. It will simply change state. Civilization as we know it will alter drastically.

Some people will become useless dross. (especially those that expect others to provide for them).

Others will simply keep on living.

Life is.

keep a good thought...laugh

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:48 PM

In this article and your use of it (and others like it) are the the makings of many public scares against "Christians" or "Religious people. It's disgusting how determined some are to pin so much violence on present-day Christianity.

I, among others, will be very much relieved to see all your evil efforts thwarted. And they will be. You should beware of your own backfire.

Yeah, it would be disgusting...if so much hate and violence couldn't be, in fact, pinned on religions, including christianity. Present day and the past.

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:41 PM

By Bishop Gene Robinson

"Posted: October 15, 2010 02:49 PM

How Religion Is Killing Our Most Vulnerable Youth

An increasingly popular bumper sticker reads, "Guns Don't Kill People -- RELIGION Kills People!" In light of recent events I would add religion kills young people: gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender young people.

Perhaps not directly, though. And religion is certainly not the only source of anti-gay sentiment in the culture. But it's hard to deny that religious voices denouncing LGBT people contribute to the atmosphere in which violence against LGBT people and bullying of LGBT youth can flourish.

The news is filled with the tragedies of teenaged boys who were gay and decided to end their living hell by committing suicide. Maybe they weren't even gay, but merely perceived to be by their peers, who harassed, taunted, and threatened them unmercifully.

These were real kids with real names. Asher Brown, an eighth grader in Texas, shot himself in the head after endless bullying by classmates and despite attempts by his parents to get school authorities to take his harassment seriously. Seth Walsh hung himself from a tree in his California backyard after relentless bullying by classmates. Asher and Seth were 13-years-old.

Billy Lucas, a 15-year-old high school freshman from Indiana, was only perceived to be gay. But the unrelenting bullying ended with him taking his own life. Seven students in one Minnesota school district have taken their own lives, including three teens.

With the exception of Brown in Texas these suicides are not happening in Bible Belt regions of the country, where we might predict a greater-than-usual regard for religious thought. Instead, they are occurring in states perceived to be more liberal on LGBT issues: California, Minnesota, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.

The case of Tyler Clementi is especially instructive about how far we have to go in accepting our gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender children. Clementi was an 18-year-old freshman at Rutgers University whose roommate secretly filmed a sexual encounter he had with another male student and then posted it on the internet.

Think about it. If Tyler had been heterosexual and instead filmed having sex with his girlfriend, it would still be an inappropriate invasion of his privacy and tasteless to post the video online. And it certainly would have been embarrassing for Tyler and the girl. But chances are he would have been the recipient of some congratulatory remarks from friends about what a stud he was. And if he was straight he likely wouldn't have contemplated -- not to mention successfully accomplished -- his own suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

No, Tyler was a victim -- not of an inner disturbance of depression or mental illness--but of an external and in part religiously inspired disdain and hatred of gay people.

Despite the progress we're making on achieving equality under the law and acceptance in society for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people, why this rash of bullying, paired with self-loathing, ending in suicide? With humility and heartfelt repentance I assert that religion -- and its general rejection of homosexuality -- plays a crucial role in this crisis.

Religious Right hatemongers and crazies are spewing all sorts of venom and condemnation, all in the name of a loving God. The second-highest-ranking Mormon leader, Boyd K. Packer, recently called same-sex attraction "impure and unnatural" in an act of unspeakable insensitivity at the height of this rash of teen suicides. He declared that it can be cured, and that same-sex unions are morally repugnant and "against God's law and nature."

More....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bishop-gene-robinson/how-religion-is-killing-o_b_764568.html

Read what the American College of Pediatricians has to say about the mental health of our youth.

http://www.acpeds.org/Search.html?ordering=&searchphrase=all&searchword=homosexuality

Article posted in the Mingle2 "Sports, Health and Fitness" ...forum.

youth today are in a whole other CULTURAL climate matched with a changing family dynamic where its mostly an everyone for themself community AND household,,,,,,,what do we expect?

bullying has always occurred, because children look or act differently, but now media has kind of made it cool to be cruel and the adults have been brainwashed to put cruelty under the umbrella of 'truth',,,,,,

this too will pass though, culture is always changing

that much is certainly true.

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:39 PM

I love the responses here. The OP is like a Rorschach test.

There's another slang use of "piece", applied to women.

lol..indeed.

Ahhhh, is masagetrade refering to when Jesus "rode that azz"???

laugh Possibly...

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:33 PM

There are studies which indicate that atheism is a causal factor for suicides.

spock

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mental_and_Physical_Health#Atheism_and_Suicide

What did they do to arrive at this conclusion...

I know...

The got a telepath to talk to the dead and so asked them if they believed before they cashed in...

How can anyone know what the true 'causal' factor is in such cases...

Somebody left a note that said 'I did this cause I don't believe in god'?

Porpy-boogers.

Indeed. There's probably a thousand factors for why someone would take their own life. Not the least of which, for atheists, would be how good christians treated them. I know this for a fact.

And statistics can be made to show nearly anything. For instance, I bet most males who commited suicide wore pants. I'm thinking pants may be a casual factor in males commiting suicide. Of course, this is absurd, but I hope my point is clear.

I'm getting a kilt, just to be sure....

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:24 PM

its funny but also sad that when i read the remarks that the athiests post, i can feel a sense of anger behind their words. why so angry guys? im trying not to laugh here but i cant help picturing you guys with a scrunched up face while you are typing. listen up close, i dont hate or dislike any of you because you dont believe. believe it or not but i have more compasion for people like you because you are truly blinded. who doesnt have compasion on a blind man? im not trying to convert anyone. i simply state the truth as the holy ghost has taught me and i dont speak on things that i dont fully understand. its your choice to believe or not. if you dont believe, i dont love you any less and neither does God. he loves you just as much as he loves me. this is what is so amazing about him.

My, but how condecending.
And you wonder why we get angry...
Look kid, I'm sure you're a real nice guy and I'm glad you found something that makes you happy but I'm guessing you don't actually debate anything because you can't. If you want to preach unto the masses, I believe there's a place for that. I suggest you go find it.
Staying here will only cause you pain.
Ask Cowboy how happy he is with his rate of conversions so far...
And I've got a lot of respect for him. He at least swings back, so to speak.

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:14 PM

The LORD, the King of Israel

That says it all right there. It's a cultural myth.

In fact, John has a revelation of Jerusalem being made up like a bride for God in the end days. whoa

This mythology is so culturally dependent that it can't possibly be related to anything truly cosmic. The people who wrote these stories had the mentality of pre-school children and couldn't think beyond their own backyard.

And that's different from most people now??

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:11 PM

But it's impossible to earn this supposed gift through "love".

According to the Christians the only way to achieve this gift is to convert to Christianity. First, confess that Jesus is the "The Christ", then acknowledge that he was the Only Begotten Son of the God of the Old Testament, and THEN confess that the entire Old Testament must necessarily be the "Word of God" and thus represent the LAWS of God.

What does any of that CRAP have to do with "LOVE"?

I can tell you right now, that it has absolutely nothing at all to do with Love.

All that crap has to do with is Christian bigotry. Trying to hold the ignorant ways of a sick demented male-chauvinistic and homophoic society over the heads of modern people.

That has absolutely nothing at all to do with "Love".

Christianity is only a title given to us because of atheists and other beliefs. There's no "conversion" necessary. The only things necessary are accepting Jesus Christ as your sacrifice for your sins. You do this by the way you live. For if you believe in him "accepting his sacrifice" you would follow the teachings that he gave. That is the ONLY thing necessary to gaining salvation. Jesus is the light that leads our way to the father. And it has everything to do with love. The greatest display of the greatest love is laying your life down for someone else. Weather that's literal or symbolic. Jesus LITERALLY laid his life down for us so that we can share in the glory of God. All you have to do is sybolically lay your life down for our father in return. Live your life for others including our father and not for just you. Of course you'll have to live for yourself eg., going to work, meeting a woman, building a family, ect. But through your actions of how you live your life is how you'd be laying your life down for the father.

===================================
====================================

Christians spread no hatred or religious bigotry. Christianity spreads equality, love, compassion, and so much more. And here's a simple form of how it spreads as such.

Equality = We ALL fall short in the glory of God. Thus no one is better then another, we are all equal in this boat of life.

Love = Offering eternal life. Everything you would ever want or need at just a whim of asking for it.

Compassion = Offering forgiveness of sins and trespasses you may have done. There is but only one unforgivable sin, and that is denying the lord thy God. ALL other sins are forgiveable if you seek the forgiveness.

Kudos for thinking that. Your naivete is rather cute. Kudos for being that way yourself.
However, that is certainly not how most christians present their religion.

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 08:01 PM

I see no reason to believe that a person's belief is going to have anything at all to do with their eternal fate. That kind of rhetoric only stems from the Abrahamic Religions with their supposed jealous egotistical God who hates anyone who refuses to love him. whoa

Who would want to worship such an ignorant selfish God for eternity anyway? Even if that mythology were true your best bet would be to tell that God to go jump in his lake of fire because he's clearly not worthy of worship.

Unless, of course, you'd be willing to worship a demon just to save your butt from death. Personally I would gladly choose death over becoming the mindless slave to an evil demon like the biblical God.

umm...If one has to earn a "gift", it's not a gift. It's payment for services rendered.

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 07:59 PM

What's interesting is that today's atheists aren't atheists in the traditional sense. Friedrich Nietzsche understood what atheism meant, but today's atheists comfort themselves with false ideas and spend their time thinking about how terrible religion.

By this reasoning 'modern' atheists are then just like the religious...

Comfort from man made ideas and falsness created by man.:tongue:

not uh!

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 07:58 PM

im not living in fear, just reverence. im not asking you why neither. im making the statement that it is impossible for an atheist to ever be sure that there isnt a God. this is something you want to be sure about because by the time you realize that there is, it may be too late.

why, that's just silly...
Kinda reminds me of the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory....lol

no photo
Wed 10/27/10 07:53 PM

this message is for arcamedees. there is no deed or series of deeds, only belief/obedience and unbelief/disobedience

first off, the QUOTE button is your friend...whoa

Secondly, I know this is hard for you to understand, but try to follow me here...
Believing in something or obeying someone is a DEED. Look it up.
You have a finite life in which you will do DEEDS, like believing in things and obeying God and such.
And somehow, whatever one does in a finite life merits an infinite reward or punishment?

Yeah, that seems fair.
slaphead

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25