Community > Posts By > Arcamedees

no photo
Sat 10/30/10 05:44 AM

atheists don`t have to fear eternal damnation for ending their life when they see fit,,,,,might be a factor

And if you follow Christian dogma that a soul is created at conception, 10% of the future inhabitants of heaven will be unborn embryoes. Because that's how many pregnancies Mother Nature herself spontaneously aborts.

-Kerry O.

I thought it was closer to 75% of fertilized eggs...

I think it's 75% of fertilized eggs, but 10% of of pregnancies where the person/people actually knew they were pregnant at the time. Abortions are fairly common within the first month due to genetic malformations, but many women don't know they are pregnant till they missed a full month or two.

I went with the conservative estimate, but either way, it begs the question: How will all those blastocysts stroll around the streets of gold and how with they interact? And since they are not self-aware, how can they have made choices such as to take Jesus Christ as their Personal Saviour? Since they have yet to develop a brain with which to think?

It's a thorny problem for Chistian dogma, to be sure and as you can see, it pretty much goes ignored everytime it's brought up.

-Kerry O.

No, because there is an age of accountability. Yes that particular term isn't in the bible. But it breifs up alot of the teachings. We are not responsible for our actions till we know right from wrong. And once you pass the age of say 13ish you know right from wrong. Weather you avoid doing wrong is another story, but you still know it's wrong. This age isn't an exact age, for we all develop differently and learn at different paces. And that is why it's called a JUDGEMENT, it's not a SENTENCING. It will be a fair judgement including weather someone had the chance to accept Jesus or not. If they've never heard of Jesus yes they may not have accepted Jesus as lord and saviour but they did not REJECT him. And the lord says "But whoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:33

Which leads me to a point I made a while ago. Think of how many people would get a free ticket to Heaven if every christian everywhere stopped talking about Jesus and God entirely. If christianity was wiped off the face of the Earth, everyone would get in.
It's just too bad all christians aren't honorable enough to take that hit for the rest of humanity's sake.whoa

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 12:41 PM

atheists don`t have to fear eternal damnation for ending their life when they see fit,,,,,might be a factor

And if you follow Christian dogma that a soul is created at conception, 10% of the future inhabitants of heaven will be unborn embryoes. Because that's how many pregnancies Mother Nature herself spontaneously aborts.

-Kerry O.

I thought it was closer to 75% of fertilized eggs...

I think it's 75% of fertilized eggs, but 10% of of pregnancies where the person/people actually knew they were pregnant at the time. Abortions are fairly common within the first month due to genetic malformations, but many women don't know they are pregnant till they missed a full month or two.

Either way, it seems God, or nature, is responsible for more abortions than humans.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 11:38 AM

If you subscribe to the wrong religion, do u still get points?

Not according to most religions...

Excuse me Arcamedees, could I have a word with you for a moment?

Exactly what are you referring to when you say "most" religions"? spock

Are you looking at Judaism, Islam, Catholicism, and the many diverging denominations of Protestantism as "Most Regions"?

If so, I think you have fallen into the Abrahamic trap yourself in sense.

All these Abrahamic religions are ONE in the SAME religion. Sure, they are all convoluted, diverging, and utterly confused babble of the Abrahamic mythology, but none-the-less, they are all based on precisely the same egotistical jealous Godhead who lusts to be the ultimate authority over his creation which is temporarily out of control. whoa

They all worship the same jealous God, and they therefore all carry with them the same hateful bigotry of putting down everyone who doesn't worship their jealous God(s). They created multiple "Gods" simple because they have become so confused and convoluted.

But the source of their religious bigotry ultimately stems from their shared belief in a jealous God who hates heathens.

But does this single, highly diverged, and utterly confused religion truly represent "most" religions?

I personally don't think so. Once the Abrahamic religions are recognized as being merely ONE big confused mess based on a single male-chauvinistic jealous Zeus-like Godhead, then looking around at all the other world religions we simply don't see this kind of religious bigotry.

Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Wicca, Shamanism, the religion of the North American Indians, and even "Faery Lore" if you want to count that as a "religion" or spirituality, are all fundamentally free of religious bigotry.

Sure, there may be some bigoted sects even in some of these, but the main point is that this is not the "basis" of these spirituality. They are not based on a jealous Godhead who hates heathens.

The Abrahamic religions that are based on the folklore of the God of Abraham have no choice but to be bigoted religions because the first four of their Ten Commandments of Moses demands religious bigotry.

But do they truly represent "most" religions?

I guess that all depends on how you view religion on a world-wide scale. I do acknowledge that the Abrahamic religious sects have contaminated most of human religious thought, unfortunately.

It's quite unfortunate because it takes something that could be beautiful (spirituality) and makes it filthy with religious bigotry and hatred. It takes spirituality and turns it into something that's truly sick. ill

Really? So name one religion that gives points for worshiping the wrong religion. Is there an exchange rate? Say, if the wiccans are right, but one says 3 hail mary's for a sin, how many points does that convert to?

While some religions might be relatively free of bigotry, they don't, on the whole, give points for doing things according to some other religion.
This is just silly.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 07:13 AM

i often wonder, how can an atheist be so sure that there is no god, that they are willing to jeopardize eternity for a mere 70-100 years of life. its kinda funny because you can be certain that there is a God if you truly know him, but you can never really be certain that there is not if you dont know him.

I see no reason to believe that a person's belief is going to have anything at all to do with their eternal fate. That kind of rhetoric only stems from the Abrahamic Religions with their supposed jealous egotistical God who hates anyone who refuses to love him. whoa

Who would want to worship such an ignorant selfish God for eternity anyway? Even if that mythology were true your best bet would be to tell that God to go jump in his lake of fire because he's clearly not worthy of worship.

Unless, of course, you'd be willing to worship a demon just to save your butt from death. Personally I would gladly choose death over becoming the mindless slave to an evil demon like the biblical God.

Our father hates no one. He only loves. That is why he offers eternal life. If he didn't love you or someone else, would he still offer the eternal life? I think no, but he does. Heaven is merely a gift. Gifts are generally earned in one way or other. Not "bought" but earned through love.

umm...If one has to earn a "gift", it's not a gift. It's payment for services rendered.

a gift is given in love and not earned. this is very true but in order to recieve that gift one has to reach out and accept it. we who believe reach out with our faith and accept the gift of eternal life that is in Christ Jesus.

Then it's not really a gift. Gifts are given, not grabbed. If you have a hammer and I grab it from you, you may say I'm welcome to keep it, but that doesn't make it a gift.

So you're saying if someone gives you a gift, you don't reach out and grab it?

umm..nope. Either it's put in my hand by the giver OR I pick it up after they've put it down.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 07:10 AM

Cowboy wrote:

And I have no idea what you are referring to as the man made construct called a god. I follow no such thing, but i do follow the guidelines our father has given us to follow.

The Bible.

The bible is the man-made construct of a God.

That is indeed what you FOLLOW.

In fact, you don't "follow" it, but instead you decide what you believe it should be about by deciding how you will personally interpret it.

You keep saying things like "OUR FATHER" expect this that or the other thing. When what you really mean to say is that the various men who wrote the large collections of stories that we have come to call the "Holy Bible" appear to be suggesting that God might potentially want certain things from us, but then again they contradict themselves in these stories so often that it's truly hard to say what this God wants from anyone.

That's all you can TRULY SAY. Anything else is a major leap of FAITH on your part. Not only faith that these stories might have had some divine inspiration, but that the versions and conclusions that you personally draw from them might also have some sort of validity.

The bottom line is that, even if these stories in the bible were inspired by some supernatural being, that doesn't mean that you interpretations of views of them would represent this "God's" views.

So for you to even remotely speak of what "OUR FATHER" wants is basically blaspheme.

You need to start every one of your sentences with:

"In my personal opinion here's what I think this biblical God seems to want,... blah, blah, blah"

Anything less than this is blaspheme.

let me clear this up for all of you who lack understanding and try to disapprove God by saying that it is man made. many people who want an autobioraphy published, dont write it themselves, they tell the writers what they want readers to know about them. there are still people who listen and obey God. yes man wrote the bible, but it is Gods words. paper and ink mean nothing, it is the message that is of value and that messege is from God given to man. God does speak to his people, just because you choose not to listen doesnt mean he is not speaking.

Right...
So, did God approve of all the translation errors too?

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 07:08 AM

i often wonder, how can an atheist be so sure that there is no god, that they are willing to jeopardize eternity for a mere 70-100 years of life. its kinda funny because you can be certain that there is a God if you truly know him, but you can never really be certain that there is not if you dont know him.

Getting back to the original question of the thread.

Why reduce everything to such simplistic terms?

Why assume that either a particular specific mythology is true, OR there is no God at all? spock

This kind of simple-minded view never ceases to amaze me. There are so many other possibilities.

It's like saying, "Well, either Zeus was God, or there is no God".

I mean why think like that?

Why not recognize that the truth of reality might be something far beyond what mankind has previously imagined in his superstitious fairy tales?

Why reduce yourself to some particular ancient mythology? Especially a male-chauvinistic mythology that's based on a self-confessed jealous God. A mythology that it riddled with self-contradictions, not to mention blatant errors associated with the status of physical reality.

Why focus in on that as a basis for a belief in something supernatural?

thank you for getting back to the original question. i started this post because i wonder that the question of God being real has to burn in the back of your mind because you really dont know. just because you are not sure of something doesnt mean it is not so. i am so strong in my faith because i am certain that my God is real and that he is the only God. i am 100% sure and i can say that with confidence, boldness and authority. i am willing to put not just my life on it, but also my soul. can you say with 100% certainty that there is no God? think about that, can you really say with 100% certainty that there is no God. you dont have to answer that because i already know. i just want you to think about that. if you think about it, we are the ones who arent real. God created us, we did not create God. your eyes and heart are shut to him so how can you possibly know if you dont desire to. i truly believe that if you sincerely set your heart to know him and seek him, then you will find him. in order to understand or obtain any knowlege you have to first have a desire to learn it.

Does schitzophenia(sp?) run in your family?
You don't know squat about God. You believe a lot, but you don't know. If you did know, you'd be able to prove the existance of God, which you can't. That's the difference between knowledge and belief.

As for what you feel, lots of people feel all kinds of different things. This isn't proof of anything, except their feelings.
What you are is self-deluded. If that makes you happy and you don't hurt others because of it, good for you. But you seriously sound like a crazy person when you tell us that God is real because you FEEL Him. Especially when in the next breath, you state we aren't real.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:58 AM

peter the pan...

it appears you may had some close contact with the notorious religious dogmatic germ, or RDG, more common in primitive days, but still lingering in some areas of the country...

perhaps some sort of "false god radiation syndrome", or FGRS, has settled upon the region of the brain closely associated with logical deducting abilities...

hum...

i would be on high "red alert".

"rolf" could as well mean devil gamma demon rays, or DGDR, have infiltrated the neurological pathways of the brain, and caused synaptic mis-firing mechanism disorder, or SMMD...

these are very complex disorder's that many a local "faith healer" could be the cause of.

i would have these issues properly treated ASAP.

good luck in your search for a cure.

laugh laugh laugh drinker

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:54 AM

Getting back to the original question of the thread.

Why reduce everything to such simplistic terms?

Why assume that either a particular specific mythology is true, OR there is no God at all? spock

This kind of simple-minded view never ceases to amaze me. There are so many other possibilities.

It's like saying, "Well, either Zeus was God, or there is no God".

I mean why think like that?

Why not recognize that the truth of reality might be something far beyond what mankind has previously imagined in his superstitious fairy tales?

Why reduce yourself to some particular ancient mythology? Especially a male-chauvinistic mythology that's based on a self-confessed jealous God. A mythology that it riddled with self-contradictions, not to mention blatant errors associated with the status of physical reality.

Why focus in on that as a basis for a belief in something supernatural?

woot!
:banana: :banana: drinker flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:51 AM

Cowboy wrote:

Is not blaspheme till shown to be as such. And again you with the contradictions. There are NO contradictions in the bible. The contradictions you see are merely things you do not understand. And again if I say something incorrect and or in a way it's not ment to be, i plea for others to tell me as such. We then will talk one on one and discuss the particular matter to reach an understanding.

It already has been shown to be such.

The Christian myth can only be supported via a concept of FAITH.

Any attempt to try to support it by claiming that it is error-free and without contradiction is not only laughable, but it's DISHONEST.

I've shown countless contradictions and outright blatant errors.

Also you say,

We then will talk one on one and discuss the particular matter to reach an understanding.

But that can never happen between you and I because you flatly refuse to accept the truth. You simply remain in denial. And that's precisely where we always end up. Me having made legitimate points backed up by more than sufficient evidence, and you in completely and utter denial.

You call that "understanding".

I don't. I call that denial on your part. You just reject that facts is all.

But that's all true believers can do. You should know that by now.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:48 AM

If you subscribe to the wrong religion, do u still get points?

Not according to most religions...

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:44 AM

NO WONDER ALL GENOCIDE IN HUMANITY WAS PERPED BY RELIGIOUS "SELF SEEKER'S"...

Except in the Ukraine and Rowanda and in Cambodia...

And don't forget that Democide by atheist governments far outnumber all deaths in all recorded wars combined. But hey, that's only what historians say...

Yeah, except "democide" isn't really a word...
If you mean genocide, you're just wrong. I believe Hitler and The Crusades show that, at the very least.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:39 AM

I see no reason to believe that a person's belief is going to have anything at all to do with their eternal fate. That kind of rhetoric only stems from the Abrahamic Religions with their supposed jealous egotistical God who hates anyone who refuses to love him. whoa

Who would want to worship such an ignorant selfish God for eternity anyway? Even if that mythology were true your best bet would be to tell that God to go jump in his lake of fire because he's clearly not worthy of worship.

Unless, of course, you'd be willing to worship a demon just to save your butt from death. Personally I would gladly choose death over becoming the mindless slave to an evil demon like the biblical God.

Our father hates no one. He only loves. That is why he offers eternal life. If he didn't love you or someone else, would he still offer the eternal life? I think no, but he does. Heaven is merely a gift. Gifts are generally earned in one way or other. Not "bought" but earned through love.

umm...If one has to earn a "gift", it's not a gift. It's payment for services rendered.

a gift is given in love and not earned. this is very true but in order to recieve that gift one has to reach out and accept it. we who believe reach out with our faith and accept the gift of eternal life that is in Christ Jesus.

Then it's not really a gift. Gifts are given, not grabbed. If you have a hammer and I grab it from you, you may say I'm welcome to keep it, but that doesn't make it a gift.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:32 AM

How can you be sure that the God you know is the same God that others also claim to know?

How do know that the eternity your God offers is not one of servitude and oppression?

What does your God say is the price of a ticket to eternity? (like requirements or pre-requisites)

Do you know God on an interactive level - or is the communication just one way (him to you)?

Just wondering because Abraham seemed to have a good repore with his God - heck, Abraham even questioned God's judgement conserning Sodom and even persuaded him to lower his expectations.

Is that the kind of relationship you have with your God? Is that how well you know him?

thank you for your concern and your questions. to answer your first ?, i can only tell you that the God i serve is the only God because his word tells me so. i know this because i dont just claim to know him, i have actually felt his overwhelming presence and i have experienced many of the miracles that are in the bible. you have to understand that God is the same God now as he was then. for your 2nd ?, i know that the eternity that he offers in not one of oppression because fist, he gives us choice to serve him, and 2nd, if you truly have felt his love and presence like i have then there would be no doubt about the peace and joy in heaven. i love to worship him, i cant explain the feeling i get to cry out to him and praise him, all my worries and cares cease in his presence. your 3rd ?, all you need to be saved is faith. your faith will cause you to seek him and understand you need to be born again. your 4th ?, my relationship with God is interactive but mostly on his part. i am a man who struggles with giving up the things of this world just like many others. i dont claim to have it all together but i understand how much he loves me and this causes me to always come back to him and stive to obey and do that which is upright. he mostly speaks to me in dreams, i guess thats the best way he can get my attention is when i am still. he speaks to us all the time but we arent always receptive. i thank you again for your questions and if theres anything else you would like to know please dont hesitate to write me here or send me an email to my profile.

You do realize, don't you, that you've pretty much stated a definition for insanity?
Replace all instances of the word "God" with "flying purple monkey" in your speech and see how it sounds.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:27 AM

its funny but also sad that when i read the remarks that the athiests post, i can feel a sense of anger behind their words. why so angry guys? im trying not to laugh here but i cant help picturing you guys with a scrunched up face while you are typing. listen up close, i dont hate or dislike any of you because you dont believe. believe it or not but i have more compasion for people like you because you are truly blinded. who doesnt have compasion on a blind man? im not trying to convert anyone. i simply state the truth as the holy ghost has taught me and i dont speak on things that i dont fully understand. its your choice to believe or not. if you dont believe, i dont love you any less and neither does God. he loves you just as much as he loves me. this is what is so amazing about him.

My, but how condecending.
And you wonder why we get angry...
Look kid, I'm sure you're a real nice guy and I'm glad you found something that makes you happy but I'm guessing you don't actually debate anything because you can't. If you want to preach unto the masses, I believe there's a place for that. I suggest you go find it.
Staying here will only cause you pain.
Ask Cowboy how happy he is with his rate of conversions so far...
And I've got a lot of respect for him. He at least swings back, so to speak.

i can debate with whoever wants to because i am confident in the knowlege that the Lord has given me. i chose not to because i dont believe in arguing over Gods word. i only like to share with those who want to listen. anyone who i feel doesnt care about sincerely knowing God, i dont waist time with.

ah..how convenient for you...

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:26 AM

this message is for arcamedees. there is no deed or series of deeds, only belief/obedience and unbelief/disobedience

first off, the QUOTE button is your friend...whoa

Secondly, I know this is hard for you to understand, but try to follow me here...
Believing in something or obeying someone is a DEED. Look it up.
You have a finite life in which you will do DEEDS, like believing in things and obeying God and such.
And somehow, whatever one does in a finite life merits an infinite reward or punishment?

Yeah, that seems fair.
slaphead

You are still missing the point man. we are not saved by our ACTIONS. only by grace through faith. i really dont expect you to understand. you are one of the blind men that i have compasion for. oh yeah, thanks for the quote tip.

So...having "faith" isn't an action? whoa
And that's rich, being called blind by someone who believes in a bronze age mythos.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 06:01 AM
Look, I understand what alot of you have been writing. That I shouldn't let this incident change me. However, it already has.
Over the years, I've helped a whole lot of people. It's one of the reasons I have no money. Sometimes I get paid back. Most often I don't. One of my little jokes among my friends is that if every one who owed me money paid me back all at once, I could buy a really nice house and a really nice car with cash, paid in full.
Did I let any time I got burned keep me from helping the next person out? No. But I did get a little darker inside. Every time.

An employee once remarked that no boss does what I do. He stated that if someone comes to work with a sad story, most bosses would say "That's tragic. Now get to work.". Instead, I helped people. I know the world is a tough place. I also have a theory that if everyone helped where ever they could, it would be a lot less tough.

However, I think I'm pretty much done. I now know exactly why most bosses are a-holes. They have to be.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:34 AM

What did I hope to gain by helping her?
Was this friendship driven...or was it merely "fiendship"?
Nobody...with all due respect "helps" anyone unless they feel some greater reward in doing so.....
What was yours?

Um...what? In a sense you are right about the 'feel some greater reward', but I think your first question is totally off base and presumptive. What did he hope to gain implies he's seeking after a future, possible payoff of some kind. We don't need to hope to gain, we can immediately gain by being true to ourselves, doing what feels right to us. It may be cliche, but for some of us: when people are being honest with us, the act of giving is its own reward. If they are lying to us, that can easily undermine that immediate and authentic satisfaction - because we weren't honestly giving to an honest person, we were being manipulated and scammed.

indeed.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:33 AM

Why I, on the whole, hate people

where do i start the list is endless

you are "people"....huh

I hate that chit...I don't wanna be people...people suck...sad

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:32 AM

Totally agree.

Welcome to life my dear. Everyone in some way or form has experienced the negative you had to some or the same extent, in one form or another. So...what did you get out of the experience, hopefully not permanent damage that will eventually make you more and more bitter and cynical in life? PLEASE. We certainly don't need any more of that anywhere.
You got alot of great replies on here, and one thing I noticed in a few of your replies to these people was cyinicism, maybe a little unwarranted harshness and a attitude of who asked you?
Mind you, am in a peaceful, objective state myself at this time. Perhaps...you are already receiving a little karma by this persons deed? You say you helped her, there has to be more. Were you expecting a little more out of her work,
were expecting something..only you know IF you examine your behavior. What we are thinking/feeling does indeed come out in our lanquage, body, facial and vocal (slips or not) even if we think it's been hidden.
Look at life as some sort of test. To give in to disgust, hatred, bitterness over a few hundred dollars is failure. To get the message behind it, (for it is a lesson) and avoid changing your persona into something more angry, justified, righteous, etc is the ultimate win.
You certainly don't think life is just simplicity and you float through it without incident?
Acceptance is the key. People are going to do the unexpected and you may just get run over by that runaway truck once in awhile. Accept that you cannot change others- expect some turbulance at times and in the end work on forgiving her, it's just not all that bad considering what ALOT of people are going through and losing these days. BTW, 1 1/2 wks ago had my 1200$ lap stolen from work from a room that is supposed to stay locked and only certain people should be allowed in there. The week before I gave a man who had been laid off a hundred dollars to get me something for my truck that it needed. He never came back with the money. I set them both up to happen unintenionally, so. Does this make me angry? No. Empathy that these are hard times and desperate times bring out desperate measures. And the reality that they must need it much more than I at that time to take those things..
Do some spiritual reading from some of our great teachers who have come, to get your head twisted right again.
Good Luck.

umm..right...
And it's up to a few thousand dollars now...if you count the money she still owes from the original debt.
Yes it does make me angry. I think anger is a perfectly reasonable response to such a complete betrayal. I gave her a job. Shortly after I hired her, her life goes into the toilet and I risk my life and lend her over 2 grand to help her and her daughter. Because that's what you do when you see someone in trouble that you can help. AND THEN SHE STEALS FROM ME!
Yeah, being pissed off works for me. Screw empathy. Empathy got me in this situation in the first place.

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 05:13 AM

good to hear you got your bases covered. people go to court for some pretty lame stuff, and there are plenty of lawyers out there willing to take on those cases. flipping the bird, shooting a goosey, i guess that must be one of those "in these hear parts" way of saying things. once this blows over you can go back to your old self, only a little bit wiser. you can still help people, it's in your heart.

Yeah, people do go to court for some pretty lame stuff. One way to fix that would be to make the loser pay all court costs.

Shooting a goosey must be a local coloquialism. It's interesting how different areas have come up w/ their own names for the F you gesture.

I dunno if I'll go back to the way I was. It's not exactly the first time I've been burned for helping someone. Although, this is definatly turning out to be one of the most expensive. Inventory counts so far indicate at least $1500 in merchandise missing. Computer records show she had a whole lot of ZERO dollar sales in the last month or so. If you don't know what that means, it indicates she was selling a lot of merchandise under the counter and pocketing the money. Oh dopey me for trusting her... I have since institued new security procedures and protocols.
On the count goes on...

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25