Community > Posts By > Bestinshow

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 10/21/13 05:42 PM
Both sides of the aisle are owned by the elite. One side the republicans represents only the views of the elite and the other side represents the elite and pays lip service to the environment, labor, and the poor. I don't think many people know that the social programs put in place were really to stop the spread of communism at the time of the great depression. It was forced on the elite by the simple fact that many people feared a hungry mob and a second revolution.

America did not go broke feeding the poor and tending the elderly and delivering mail, we went broke by fighting wars and not taxing the wealthy to pay their fair share.

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 10/21/13 05:22 PM

I have been buying my own insurance way before all of this. My plan is being canceled. For a more expensive plan with higher deductible. Now in the past this cost is 100% tax deductible. I think it may still be.

I know people who don't have nothing how are they going to do it.
Why was your plan canceled? Did they give a reason?

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 10/21/13 05:13 PM

Thread-Title should actually read;"Goodbye Politicians,Welcome back Public Servants"!

Oh my Mr Conrad I think we may agree on something. Here in Uber Amerika though we need campaign finance reform to get things on the right track, until then big money will dictate.

Bestinshow's photo
Thu 10/17/13 12:42 PM

I do not think people will forget this one. The lesson learned is if you vote republican our grandkids will have to fight the battles our grandparents already won.

Today is a day for gloating at the train wreck the republican party has become.

I hope you're right. I know I'm going to remind people when the next elections come, but where I live in California, we don't elect Republicans, anyway. The best I can do is post to boards like this and send donations to Democrats challenging idiots like Senator Cruz in Texas.

So,how did you all get so broke?
By electing Republicans?
By republicans starting wars based on lies and cutting taxes for the most affluent. I am disappointed Obama never dragged Bush and Cheney off for a war crimes trial. That is about the only thing that would restore respectability for the morality of our country.

Bestinshow's photo
Thu 10/17/13 02:04 AM

I wish this situation really did mean the end of the Republican party, but Republicans have already gerrymandered their states so much, and people's memories are usually very short when it comes to politics, so most voters will have forgotten this all in a few years.

A more likely result is that we'll get more Independent Party candidates, who'll actually be what used to be Republicans, since "Republican" has become a dirty word, these past few years.
I do not think people will forget this one. The lesson learned is if you vote republican our grandkids will have to fight the battles our grandparents already won.

Today is a day for gloating at the train wreck the republican party has become.

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 03:41 PM

So much hate.
There are a lot of republicans, many of them women. To hate so many people for so little reason is....
Little reason? I beg to differ...........:wink: It is the policy of them I loath I cannot think of any individual I hate, some I pity but do not hate.

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 03:31 PM
Lets be clear and frank, when you raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans no one dies. When you cut social security and medicare people die. RIP to the morally bankrupt GOP

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 03:23 PM

I pay 167 and some change a month for my family plan, ten dollar co pay and everything else is paid 100%. My union negotiated our insurance and we have given up some pay increases to get good affordable insurance. The point I am making is this. I KNOW I have a great plan but I also know others pay so much its almost unaffordable for them. That is the trouble its not Obamacare its not dem or republican its a social issue on all levels. Why was insurance so affordable to our parents generation and now its rising ten percent a year until no one can afford it?

..............and you wonder why it is so expensive for others!
Unions are part of the Elite!

Why is it so many Union members go blind and deaf?....Must be all that unnecessary protection they're paying top dollar for....Unions Mobs!....
What type of insurance do you have? Who pays your healthcare if you have it.

I have BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.... I self insure and have since I retired in 2001 at age 52....In February I will be 65....Yesterday I received a packet from The Department of Health & Human Services letting me know that I am now automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A and B....Part A (hospital insurance) is free, part B (medical insurance) will cost me $104.90 if I decide to buy it....Medicare also offers Parts C and D.....Part C is called Medicare Advantage Plans and the cost is not determined until you select a plan...Part C is Prescription drug coverage and its cost is not determined until you choose a plan....:smile:
Were your born with a silver spoon? Did you earn your silver spoon or marry in to it? Self insure is very expensive.

Neither, I worked my azz off to secure my future....After I retired, rather than use the money in my IRA, I made a pretty decent living buying and selling real estate (flipping properties)....No silver spoon at birth, no rich husbands...Just hard work and plenty of it....Now can I ask you two questions?...Why do you assume the only way a woman can finance her own life is to be born with or marry money?.... Are you a male chauvinist pig?....
Silly I also asked you if you worked for it.......Did you find time to raise a family?

You still owe me an answer silly boy....And what you asked me was "did I earn my silver spoon"...According to my understanding of that expression, I don't have a silver spoon....Just a comfortable, middle class lifestyle which I did indeed earn...Now, are you a male chauvinist pig or not?
There in lies to trouble with your perceptions. To pay self insure one must have at least a grand a month disposable income..... at least, and at your age I would assume more. That would put you very close to the silver spoon area. Its no stretch on my part to assume this. I also asked you if you earned it so I so no reason at all for you to be so defensive or confrontational.

I also asked you if you raised a family. My point is we all make our choices we are all not born with the same IQ's or benefits of even being born in a middle class.

We are a society and as such we all need to take care of each other just as I help pay for your liberal program medicare a younger person will pay into mine when I get older.

I don't think the problem is perception...Your knowledge about health insurance is limited and rather than research before you open your mouth, you make foolish assumptions.....My current monthly health care insurance premium is below triple digits and has been for the past 12 years....Rather than continue making a fool of yourself, try thinking outside the box, then do a little research....You calling me confrontational is laughablelaugh ......Your "points" are common knowledge Best....Tell us something we don't know.....Now will you please answer my second question?....
I take it you have some type of 80/20 plan and you have no family. Family plans are far more expensive. I am going to assume your being honest.

I see no reason at all to answer your question as it was asked based on your missed perception of a comment you failed to understand. I would think a woman of your age would have a little grace....... my bad

Excuse me? Did you just insult the lady for being a senior.... AGAIN?

Once can be a mistake, but twice is sheer disrespect!

other issues aside,, where was there an INSULT Based in age there?

don't WOMEN have class? as opposed to girls?

isn't that something that usually comes as people gain experience,,ie,, age?

could it be insulting that presuming someone elses attachment of class to age

is somehow an INSULT to age?

I would think a woman of your age would have a little grace..

Tell me one time this lady has been anything but graceful, even after the 1st insult!

it was exactly that, a question of 'grace', not an insult about age,,

An insult to her grace or age, either one is still an insult, no matter what spin you try to put to it

no more than saying someone of your beauty would have grace
or someone of your intelligence would have grace

the first part (your beauty, your intelligence) is just an observation, not an insult

the second (implying an expected grace is absent) is not

we all do have an age , don't we?

I expect a woman by her thirties to have some grace,, would I Be implying some insult to 'senior' status if I Said so to her?

Speaking in generalities is much different than a direct attack on someones character as his comments were..... spin that one!

the debate wasn't really about whether there was an attack

my point was that nowhere did he insult her being a 'senior'
TYflowerforyou

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 03:19 PM
The GOP will risk your house your pension and your job to ensure poor people do not get health insurance.

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 02:12 PM
Your Christianity is a fraud and stops at economics. You lost again, You hated Obamacare more than you loved your country. Your plans for healthcare were to let it rise 10% a year forever. Your plans for wages were to bust down the middle class and Unions who speak for them. Your plans for taxes was to cut them again for the most affluent.

Rest in peace.

GOP Savaged: 'Humiliating Failure,' 'Disaster'

John Boehner and his House Republicans woke to a round of epically horrible press about their role in the ongoing shutdown and debt ceiling crisis.

Boehner's failure to corral his members reached a peak on Tuesday when he could not persuade them to go along with a plan to end the shutdown and avert default. The resulting reaction from the media would be enough to make any Republican weep, let alone the already tear-prone speaker.

Politico called Boehner's efforts a "disaster."

The Washington Post described it as a "humiliating failure," and said Boehner and his leadership colleagues had " lost all control of their majority."

An editorial from the arch-conservative Wall Street Journal board fumed about the GOP strategy, saying that the House caucus "might as well hand the Speaker's gavel to Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid" and urging Republicans to give up their fight.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/16/john-boehner-media-disaster_n_4107106.html

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 12:27 PM

I pay 167 and some change a month for my family plan, ten dollar co pay and everything else is paid 100%. My union negotiated our insurance and we have given up some pay increases to get good affordable insurance. The point I am making is this. I KNOW I have a great plan but I also know others pay so much its almost unaffordable for them. That is the trouble its not Obamacare its not dem or republican its a social issue on all levels. Why was insurance so affordable to our parents generation and now its rising ten percent a year until no one can afford it?

Why is it so many Union members go blind and deaf?....Must be all that unnecessary protection they're paying top dollar for....Unions Mobs!....

I have BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.... I self insure and have since I retired in 2001 at age 52....In February I will be 65....Yesterday I received a packet from The Department of Health & Human Services letting me know that I am now automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A and B....Part A (hospital insurance) is free, part B (medical insurance) will cost me $104.90 if I decide to buy it....Medicare also offers Parts C and D.....Part C is called Medicare Advantage Plans and the cost is not determined until you select a plan...Part C is Prescription drug coverage and its cost is not determined until you choose a plan....:smile:
Were your born with a silver spoon? Did you earn your silver spoon or marry in to it? Self insure is very expensive.

Neither, I worked my azz off to secure my future....After I retired, rather than use the money in my IRA, I made a pretty decent living buying and selling real estate (flipping properties)....No silver spoon at birth, no rich husbands...Just hard work and plenty of it....Now can I ask you two questions?...Why do you assume the only way a woman can finance her own life is to be born with or marry money?.... Are you a male chauvinist pig?....
Here is the three part question, did you marry a silver spoon? earn it or be born into it?

The EARNED part was ignored and I got some absurd comment about being a chauvinistic pig. Then when I pointed that out I was still tasked to answer that question. I see no insult directed except at myself but I wont cry about it.

The point of this thread really is to find out about others insurance and what forms the opinions on this topic.

I see no plan from the republicans except to let the price go up 10% a year forever.........

and you still try tell me that the Unions aren't getting preferential Treatment?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/deal-unions-win-republicans-get-almost-nothing/#axzz2guP6fQd2

Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) and Mitch McConnell (R-KY) reportedly reached a budget deal on Wednesday that will reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling. The increase of the debt ceiling will last until February 7th, when congress will again revisit the issue. The budget will fund the government until January 15th. It would also require income verification to be eligible to receive Obamacare subsidies.

The budget deal is expected to win swift approval from Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH). Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) railed against the deal, but stated he would not use procedural moves to delay a vote. Cruz was upset because there were no real substantive changes to the Affordable Care Act.

“Unfortunately once again it appears the Washington establishment is refusing to listen to the American people,” Cruz said. “The deal that has been cut provides no relief to millions of Americans who are hurting because of Obamacare. The deal that has been cut provides no relief to the young people coming out of school who cannot find a job because of Obamacare. It provides no relief to all the single parents who have been forced into part-time work struggling to feed their kids of 29 hours per week. It provides no relief to all the hard-working families who are facing skyrocketing health insurance premiums and it provides no relief to all the seni while those with disabilities who are right now getting in the mail notifications from the health insurance companies that they are losing their health insurance because of Obamacare.”

Lawmakers are speeding up the budget process today in order to beat the deadline to raise the debt ceiling. Financial market analysts were said to be holding their breath over the gamesmanship and waiting for news that the deal is done. Some experts believed that the markets would seize up if the government ran dry of cash.

House Republicans will get almost nothing they asked for. Labor unions will reportedly receive a delay on their reinsurance fees.

Downright sickening!

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/unions-might-win-big-obamacare-budget-deal/

The Hill is reporting that labor unions may be the big winners in the budget deal emerging in the US Senate.

The compromise would reportedly make only small adjustments to the Affordable Care Act and delay the law’s reinsurance fee for a year. The tax is universal to all the plans, but it was a major topic of discussion at a recent AFL-CIO convention where union members voted to demand changes to the law. The fee was supposed to generate revenue for three years for the purpose of stabilizing premiums as sick patients begin entering the risk pool.

New news is that the budget deal would raise the debt ceiling until mid-February. It would also reopen the government, with enough funding to last until January 15th. House Republicans are not likely to react positively to a bill that gives them little concessions, while unions would get a major one.

The push to repeal the medical device tax has been taken off the table. Supporters claim that the $30 billion in revenue it will generate is needed to implement Obamacare successfully.
Are you happy with the health care in Switzerland? How is it funded?

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 11:36 AM

Here is the three part question, did you marry a silver spoon? earn it or be born into it?

The EARNED part was ignored and I got some absurd comment about being a chauvinistic pig. Then when I pointed that out I was still tasked to answer that question. I see no insult directed except at myself but I wont cry about it.

The point of this thread really is to find out about others insurance and what forms the opinions on this topic.

I see no plan from the republicans except to let the price go up 10% a year forever.........

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 10:53 AM

Silly I also asked you if you worked for it.......Did you find time to raise a family?

You still owe me an answer silly boy....And what you asked me was "did I earn my silver spoon"...According to my understanding of that expression, I don't have a silver spoon....Just a comfortable, middle class lifestyle which I did indeed earn...Now, are you a male chauvinist pig or not?
There in lies to trouble with your perceptions. To pay self insure one must have at least a grand a month disposable income..... at least, and at your age I would assume more. That would put you very close to the silver spoon area. Its no stretch on my part to assume this. I also asked you if you earned it so I so no reason at all for you to be so defensive or confrontational.

I also asked you if you raised a family. My point is we all make our choices we are all not born with the same IQ's or benefits of even being born in a middle class.

We are a society and as such we all need to take care of each other just as I help pay for your liberal program medicare a younger person will pay into mine when I get older.

I don't think the problem is perception...Your knowledge about health insurance is limited and rather than research before you open your mouth, you make foolish assumptions.....My current monthly health care insurance premium is below triple digits and has been for the past 12 years....Rather than continue making a fool of yourself, try thinking outside the box, then do a little research....You calling me confrontational is laughablelaugh ......Your "points" are common knowledge Best....Tell us something we don't know.....Now will you please answer my second question?....
I take it you have some type of 80/20 plan and you have no family. Family plans are far more expensive. I am going to assume your being honest.

I see no reason at all to answer your question as it was asked based on your missed perception of a comment you failed to understand. I would think a woman of your age would have a little grace....... my bad

Excuse me? Did you just insult the lady for being a senior.... AGAIN?
Not at all........ please stay on topic

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 10:44 AM

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 10:19 AM

What I see in this statement is assumptions not based on any fact.... period!

And I also see you saying you approve of a gov't spending the wealth of future generations not yet born..... and you think this is logical? slaphead
I have no trouble paying into medicare or social security or to pave roads or pay teachers and police etc etc.

We are not borrowing money from China to do all the above, we are borrowing it to fund two wars that are privatized with people like Cheney and haliburtons raping our treasury. We are borrowing money to build a huge internal domestic spy program that is also in the hands of private profiteers. What have these wars cost how many trillions?

We are also borrowing it so huge corporations pay no taxes on record profits.

These are strange times indeed when rich people pay rich people to tell middle class people its the poor's fault

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 10:07 AM
Edited by Bestinshow on Wed 10/16/13 10:13 AM

There in lies the trouble with your perceptions. To pay self insure one must have at least a grand a month disposable income..... at least, and at your age I would assume more. That would put you very close to the silver spoon area. Its no stretch on my part to assume this. I also asked you if you earned it so I so no reason at all for you to be so defensive or confrontational.

I also asked you if you raised a family. My point is we all make our choices we are all not born with the same IQ's or benefits or even being born in a middle class.

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 09:42 AM

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 09:18 AM

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 09:15 AM

I have a hard time understanding that logic. My insurance is only cheaper for me because I work under a union contract, it is no less expensive for my employer. We have given up work rules, pay increases and other benefits to maintain affordable insurance. By work rules I will give an example, in the bad old days if you were a CNC lather operator you ran one lathe and that is all you did.

In my world I run four robotic fed lathes, give a lunch break to the inspector maintain and adjust my lathes trouble shoot the robot when it hickups, maintain fluid levels in all remove finished stock and do whatever it takes to maintain production. This maintains my life style and that of my employer, so sorry if you think hard work should not be rewarded but is that not the american dream?
Of course you are not able to see the Forest for the Trees!
Ever heard a Fishmonger say that his Fish stink?laugh
Huh? would it make you happy Mr conrad if I paid more for insurance and worked for less? I am after all here to make the man from Zurich happy :)

Nope,just for what you are worth on the Market,instead of what the Mobster-Union-Boss is able to extort from the Employer!
Ah yes the mysterious invisible force we call the market.

I am sure the people in Switzerland would never tolerate what the non union workers in Uber Amerika endure.

I know many men my age who were "let go" by companies they worked many years for the simple reason that they make to much are to old or have to much vacation time many of these men now work with me since our business is thriving and hiring.

The facts are that the top 1% have doubled their income over the last ten years and income for the average family is about the same as it was in 1989. Food and fuel and insurance have all increased yet wages are frozen. The Ceo's even in failing companies give themselves annual raises and bonuses yet if a worker wishes a wage increase they are scorned or if they join a union to demand to keep up with inflation we are called extortionists.

The world you wish us americans to live in is far removed from the world you live in in Swittzerland so whats your obsession with all your extreme right wings opinions? If I am not mistaken your country is one of the most progressive in Europe.

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/16/13 05:51 AM

I have a hard time understanding that logic. My insurance is only cheaper for me because I work under a union contract, it is no less expensive for my employer. We have given up work rules, pay increases and other benefits to maintain affordable insurance. By work rules I will give an example, in the bad old days if you were a CNC lather operator you ran one lathe and that is all you did.

In my world I run four robotic fed lathes, give a lunch break to the inspector maintain and adjust my lathes trouble shoot the robot when it hickups, maintain fluid levels in all remove finished stock and do whatever it takes to maintain production. This maintains my life style and that of my employer, so sorry if you think hard work should not be rewarded but is that not the american dream?
Of course you are not able to see the Forest for the Trees!
Ever heard a Fishmonger say that his Fish stink?laugh
Huh? would it make you happy Mr conrad if I paid more for insurance and worked for less? I am after all here to make the man from Zurich happy :)

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25