Community > Posts By > Bestinshow

Bestinshow's photo
Thu 10/03/13 05:58 PM
The republicans have painted themselves into a corner and cannot find a way out that is less than humiliating. I hope this is the final nail in the coffin of the republican party as it is and something good rises from the ashes. Something that is good for all people and not just the top 1%.

Bestinshow's photo
Thu 10/03/13 05:55 PM

If the ACA is so great, then why are labor unions complaining about it?
If the ACA is so great, then why not have congressional staffers and all federal employees be a part of it?

I agree! If the ACA is forced upon the people then everybody and I mean everybody should be forced to have it.

Myself, I do not want ACA. I like having the ability to choose what I want, what doctor I want to see and not being fined yearly if I don't agree to accept ACA.

You can't tell me there is nothing wrong with ACA when the government is allowed to fine you into submission. It really is not affordable if they force you.

there is still free market, choose the insurance you want, just have insurance,,,,or pay a (small) fine,,,
What "FREE" Market?laugh
What type of healthcare do you have in Switzerland Mr Conrad?
Never mind I googled it laugh

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/02/13 01:59 PM

How totally absurd for the republican swine to take a stand on the healthcare issue lets remind ourselves on what they did not take a stand on.

The Wall st bailouts.
Abortion.
Iraq war
Drone strikes
NSA mass domestic spying
did I miss anything?

I forgot we no longer have habeas corpus a basic fundamental right we had..........

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/02/13 12:46 PM
How totally absurd for the republican swine to take a stand on the healthcare issue lets remind ourselves on what they did not take a stand on.

The Wall st bailouts.
Abortion.
Iraq war
Drone strikes
NSA mass domestic spying
did I miss anything?

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 10/02/13 12:37 PM

If the ACA is so great, then why not have congressional staffers and all federal employees be a part of it?

I agree! If the ACA is forced upon the people then everybody and I mean everybody should be forced to have it.

Myself, I do not want ACA. I like having the ability to choose what I want, what doctor I want to see and not being fined yearly if I don't agree to accept ACA.

You can't tell me there is nothing wrong with ACA when the government is allowed to fine you into submission. It really is not affordable if they force you.

there is still free market, choose the insurance you want, just have insurance,,,,or pay a (small) fine,,,
What "FREE" Market?laugh
What type of healthcare do you have in Switzerland Mr Conrad?

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 10/01/13 06:24 PM

as to labor unions, isn't a big part of their job negotiating benefits? kind of answers itself why there would be some opposition to someone else doing it without 'dues',,,,,,lining their own coffers anymore,,,

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/05/congress-and-an-exemption-from-obamacare/
L Unions have given up pay increases to maintain a better medical plan. The trouble the unions have is that we may be taxed for our Cadillac plans we gave some things up for, at least that is my understanding I will wait and see how it all plays out. From what I have heard though the tax penalty will not kick in for several years.

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 10/01/13 05:50 PM
Its just absurd that of all the things those criminals should have taken a stand on, the wars the domestic spying the drone strikes, they choose this.......... how totally insane.

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 10/01/13 05:38 PM
Its a start to get some regulation into this god awful for profit scam industry that we call insurance. Most expensive in the world here in Uber Umerika and ranked like 27th in terms of care, what a rip off.

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 10/01/13 03:54 PM
It is almost as if people are not able to think for themselves. Nothing can be more telling of the lies we live in than this "stand" the republicans the party of "freedom" is taking. Really? every phone text and email is recorded and thats ok but give poor people a little help and they will shut down the government? Its time for some good old fashioned tar and feathers!

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 10/01/13 03:48 PM
Edited by Bestinshow on Tue 10/01/13 03:49 PM

I think everyone loves 'freedom'

its not a political party issue

however, political tantrums,,,well,,,,,,I just believe whenever these 'shutdowns' happen, they should come with a stop to the congressmans paychecks,,,

bet that would encourage them to pass the budgets instead of using them as political bartering tools,,,
I think people love the illusion of freedom. ya know I can buy a coke or a pepsi or a whopper or a big mac, but what we live in these days cant really be called free.

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 10/01/13 03:28 PM
Well they did it again they took a stand against affordable health care.

I would be so impressed had they shut down the government to stop the funding for the NSA and its mega domestic spying program.

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 09/30/13 01:57 PM
Lets be honest here, the economic elite run both parties, stop blaming one or the other, neither of them cares for vast majority of us in the lower 98%.

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 09/30/13 01:55 PM

So now we need to be honest and fair and just and demand Israel also destroy its chemical and nuclear weapons or appear to be foolish and biased as to who can have them and who cant.
So what are we a country of integrity or a country full of rubes who do not practice what we preach?

Bestinshow's photo
Sun 09/29/13 12:38 PM
So now we need to be honest and fair and just and demand Israel also destroy its chemical and nuclear weapons or appear to be foolish and biased as to who can have them and who cant.

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 09/28/13 02:00 PM
ll of a sudden, peace has broken out, and the neocons couldn’t be more upset.

Charles Krauthammer of The Washington Post is practically apoplectic.

William Kristol of the Weekly Standard compares President Obama to Neville Chamberlain.

You know when they wheel out their hackneyed Hitler analogies, they’re getting desperate.

And what, exactly, is the problem?

It’s far preferable that the United States and the United Nations have prevailed on Syria to destroy its chemical weapons than for the U.S. to have launched missiles into Syria, which would have widened the civil war there in dangerous directions and strengthened Al Qaeda’s hand.

And it’s far preferable that the United States is talking with Iran about ending any nuclear weapons program instead of scheming with Israel to bomb Iran. A U.S. or Israeli attack would have only delayed such a program by a year or two and would have provoked retaliation by Iran and Hezbollah against Israel and threatened the flow of oil through the Persian Gulf, rattling the world economy.

For too long, the United States has relied on war-making and coup-making to get its way in the world, and under the regime of Bush and Cheney, war was the most overused tool in the shed, while diplomacy rusted.

Obama has now brought diplomacy back, and it’s about time.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/09/28-6

Only Issue I have with this article is that our whored out media and Obama and Kerry all pulled to go into Syria, it was the universal disgust by just about every American to keep us out of another crappy no win war.

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 09/28/13 01:51 PM

What is missing from the debate is what a racket healthcare has become.

Our for profit healthcare system is a scam and those who have created this disaster are stuffing their obscene pockets with cash. Lets face it if health care was affordable as it was for my parents generation we would not even be discussing this.

I have a Cadillac plan myself so I have no horse in the race except for the type of future I leave for my kids or future grand kids. The future looks grim for all and SOMETHING needs to be done!

I have to admit, yes, the for-profit system we have developed is a scam. Yes, there are too many people lining their pockets on a system that seems to bleed from average person.

I agree that health insurance, in general, was a terrible idea economically. It adds too much red tape, and now there are hundreds of thousands of workers that are providing no actual benefit, but are now collecting money from the average person.

In fact, there are a few doctors offices, and clinics who refuse government insurance, and many of them refuse all insurance unless the bill is catastrophic. The resulting bill paid for these clinics is about $40 for a doctor visit (you can often make the visit on the day of scheduling).

So yes, I agree, something needs to be done...

That being said; I have a few issues with the new healthcare plan...

First of which is forcing doctors offices and clinics to accept payment via insurance. This, by itself, would either severely jack up the prices at all the cheaper, more efficient clinics/offices mentioned above, or shut them down.

Second of which are the taxes that are being placed on medical equipment/supplies/etc. This would also have an affect of increasing cost of care, forcing people to use insurance more often.

Third, which may or may not be the case, is the potential for increasing that infamous "red tape" that gums up our system and further increases costs, while at the same time, lowers quality of care as physicians spend several hours a work day filling paperwork instead of treating patients.
Great points for sure

Bestinshow's photo
Thu 09/26/13 05:19 PM
What is missing from the debate is what a racket healthcare has become.

Our for profit healthcare system is a scam and those who have created this disaster are stuffing their obscene pockets with cash. Lets face it if health care was affordable as it was for my parents generation we would not even be discussing this.

I have a Cadillac plan myself so I have no horse in the race except for the type of future I leave for my kids or future grand kids. The future looks grim for all and SOMETHING needs to be done!

Bestinshow's photo
Wed 09/25/13 05:20 PM
Edited by Bestinshow on Wed 09/25/13 05:21 PM

oBumbler is very transparent.

Everyone, that is, every free thinking patriotic American, sees he still lacks management skills.

Too bad, after he's gone, he won't be able to do more liar, er, lawyering.
No one seriously thinks the country will ever trust a republican again as president....... Its going to be hard to vote for a dem as well, our Mantra will be......... he didn't screw up as bad as Bush did.........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Personally I think it will be hard to get elected as dog catcher if your a republican these days....the trouble is the dems are just slightly better. The Republicans have obstructed just about everything Obama has tried to do then blame him for the mess.

But that is the republican logic in a nutshell, They are against background checks for buying a gun but for drug testing for people who get food stamps, against abortions but will not support the living..... Against big government but for a huge domestic spy program and endless wars.... the list is endless.

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 09/24/13 05:06 PM

oBumbler is very transparent.

Everyone, that is, every free thinking patriotic American, sees he still lacks management skills.

Too bad, after he's gone, he won't be able to do more liar, er, lawyering.
No one seriously thinks the country will ever trust a republican again as president....... Its going to be hard to vote for a dem as well, our Mantra will be......... he didn't screw up as bad as Bush did.........

Bestinshow's photo
Tue 09/24/13 05:04 PM

The government may shut down, just remember it will not be Your
president Obama's fault. Blame it on the Republicans.

Blame it on another Obama screw up the Republicans are trying to fix...
laugh that is funny, this entire mess this country is is due to republicans, slash taxes for the rich, start wars on lies, gut the middle class and make them powerless......... did we live in the same country under Bush?

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25