Community > Posts By > LewisW123

LewisW123's photo
Tue 02/23/10 11:55 AM

A lot of the people on dating sites are socially challenged. They just don't know how to go out and chat someone up. So, they try this. I'm sure all of us know at least one person that has a VERY hard time talking to the opposite sex. On a site like things usually happen slower and you have a bit more time to put your thought together.

The truth is that online dating is really much harder (at least for me it has been) than going out and meeting women the old fashioned way, in bars.

I second that, although bars don't necessarily have to be the place to meet people. It can be any public place, club, social group, etc., where you are more apt to have things in common with other people (of the opposite sex).

Bars could be the easiest for some, because in general, people come from all walks of life and are there to have a good time. A couple of drinks make people relax and lose their inhibitions a little, and many of the people you meet there are also looking to meet someone.

Of course bars have their pit-falls, as well.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 02/23/10 11:41 AM

'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'

true or false....and why

True, but who wants a bunch of flies?

Yeah, and then the honey is ruined.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 02/23/10 10:09 AM

don't listen too them its totally normal.. my boyfriend and i we do that we are on phone on web cam and watching s movie together.. ha-ha its fun when we cant be together we do that...

Yeah, but you two actually know each other.

Lo, make the date and wear some really obnoxious clothes. Skip the make-up, put a baseball cap on.

Fart, chew with you mouth open, cut your toenails, etc.

I dare you.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 02/23/10 09:17 AM

31 single tring to get in the dating scene, really hard,and have no clue, wish it was easy

I would suggest going to dating website, make a profile without a picture, make one post in the forums and leave, never to be heard from again.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 02/22/10 11:51 AM

I hv NO credit cards. Also i make less money than my bills- no extravagent spending and still in the crap hole.

what is extravegent?

I was having 2 cups of starbucks a day...didn't think anything of it.

but considering it is about 5.00 a drink equals 10/day
that equals 300/mo...that's a car payment I was spending in Starbucks....

Same with fast food, that $3 breakfast bagel 3x30= 90/mo...there was my insurance payment.

Those are great examples.

I am a receipt-saver. I keep receipts for everything, throw them in a basket and add them up at the end of every month. I categorize them, ( gas/auto expenses, groceries, dining/entertainment, house maintenance and clothes) and keep track of my monthly spending. It helps to know exactly where your money is going.

It takes me about 15-20 minutes every month. Well worth the time.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 02/22/10 11:44 AM

do you know how to catch a unique rabbit????

Mutual Match with it?

LewisW123's photo
Mon 02/22/10 11:07 AM

yes you are..and I can see how that would work.

How ya doing sweetums?

Very involved.:wink:

Once the warmer weather gets here, you will start seeing even less of me.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 02/22/10 11:05 AM

Well, both of the movies have been listed on here but not in the same answer....

Lewis, you told us about "Oliver!" in 1968, but XenomorphEyez gave us the other answer for 1969 "Midnight Cowboy".

lol So nobody actually got this right..laugh

Haha. You're right.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/21/10 05:44 PM
Graham cracker
Spread Peanut Butter
Top with chocolate chips.

bigsmile

I'm a genius.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/21/10 08:36 AM

Run, Forest, run!

Dating with kids is tough, if not damn near impossible when you have a psychotic ex. It'll take some serious looking to find someone willing to put up with the inevitable 'baby mama drama', as you so eloquently put it. Better keep that punting foot in practice.:thumbsup:

It will be tough.

If they have never experienced it themselves, it will be very hard for them to understand what you are going thru.

If they have gone thru it themselves, they will probably be past it in their divorce and not want to experience it again, even laterally.

I don't envy your position. I can only tell you, with time, your relationship with your ex, MAY be able to improve, and then dating will get easier.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/21/10 08:05 AM

So i met someone i really like finally....Talked about a week and a half every chance we got. went out on wednesday for drinks near her place. I met some of her friends and after drinks went to a nice dinner. Everything perfect so far..... we scheduled another date for saturday, was gonna spend the day together. I was excited, really liked her. Then my ex did not show up to pick up my daughter for weekend..."lives with me"....So i called and canceled. She asked why..."with an attitude"...and i explained. She was cool with it, but when i mentioned my ex trippen she said later i'm not dealing with that "baby mama drama"... So i say later don't let the door hit u in the azz on the way out. now she is back tracking and trying to call me to apoligize...so the question....Is it wrong for me to expect a woman to support me in my life? I mean i can't control my ex, so y hold it against me??? I told her early i had an ex that was a problem. Who the hell in this world is without some form of baggage at 41? I don't get it!

I've gone thru the same kinda stuff myself. I can only give you my best piece of advice.

No matter what ANY woman says, as far as them supporting you being a Dad first, NONE of them want to deal with crap from your "other life."

The best you can do, is try to find a woman who will understand that you will do your best to keep the drama out of her and your time. It helps if you are upfront, talk about the problem and can give her examples of how you do this. (I had to stop taking phone calls from my ex, as EVERY one turned from a discussion about the kids into blaming me for all her problems. Less phone conversations = less drama. If it is something important, she will leave a message.)

Some women are just more understanding than others. It's a personality trait that you have to look for, just like you would look for kindness, generosity, etc.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:06 PM

Small gals are............bendier. Bigger girls tend to pull hamstrings when they got their ankles pinned behind their ears.

The "well endowed" part is gonna limit the field.......seriously. I seen a lot of naked people in my time. The ones that pack heat are about 1 in 50. Hate to say it but the killer is gonna be finding the guy to take in the pack. Let's face it....the guy who gets that honor will never have a dollar of his own for many many many years.

How does one get to see so many dudes naked that he can come up with the 1 in 50 stat? I mean, does that mean you have seen 50 guys naked and one of them was packin' heat. Or have you really seen like, several hundred, or maybe thousands in order to come up with a legitimate ratio?

Just curious. It was kinda funny.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 02/19/10 04:47 PM
I have always said, celebrities and performers should just stay out of politics.

It alienates half their audience.

Even that brain-dead Ozzy is smart enough to know that.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 02/19/10 11:55 AM

Hey

your suppose to have a protein shake within 30minutes of your workout because of what u lose from the workout that your body needs back

I read somewhere, recently, that a good recovery drink is 8 oz. of chocolate milk. It has a good balance of protein, calories and carbs along with the Vit. A and D and calcium, and is much cheaper than a protein drink.

Drink it and eat a bannana and that should hold you over until you can make it to your next meal.

Other than that, just eat healthy. (Lean protein, fresh fruits and vegetables, lo fat, whole wheat breads and pasta, avoid junk food and drink, etc.)

LewisW123's photo
Fri 02/19/10 11:43 AM
I believe you are correct.

I had a girlfriend that was pretty thin, and she was constantly cold, shivering, etc.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 02/19/10 04:30 AM

Mens and womens are generally truthfull. Only circumstances make them lie.

If you want a date with happy potter fan, easiest way is telling her that, ' my friends relative is this films executive producer. And i've met miss rouling twice.

Well, its a lie. Also You have chances to avoid his/her wish to meet mis rouling. Because its your friend relative. Finally you paralled with his/her value.

I'm starting to like her.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Wed 02/17/10 09:59 AM

ye, I am, and I carry a sign that says so pitchfork

laugh We need more women like you.

Or have it tatooed on your forehead.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Wed 02/17/10 09:55 AM
Pary like a rock star!

LewisW123's photo
Wed 02/17/10 09:54 AM
Wemens are just plain evil.pitchfork

LewisW123's photo
Wed 02/17/10 09:49 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Wed 02/17/10 09:50 AM

Lie lie and more lie, if you want a date. No doubt, I mean it. . You are not at court room or confession. You are trying for a date. So don't worry in telling lie. But make sure, not get caught
Some of us has just forgot that, everything is genuine in love and war,
Lie is after all just a lie.

See ladies.

She is giving me ammunition to start another "Why are all women liars?" thread.laugh

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25