LewisW123's photo
Mon 11/21/16 02:45 PM
Point.

Click.

Date.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 05:12 PM
Edited by LewisW123 on Sun 11/20/16 05:14 PM

On a first date, don't talk about either of your exes.

Yeah, and as little as possible AFTER the first date.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 02:45 PM
Normal? No.

Wise? Probably.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 02:43 PM
The person who cheats is unhappy. Either with themselves, or the person they are with. Then they find someone that makes them feel happy. Whether it is real or not, they believe it at the time.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 02:39 PM

what if I revise the scenario with the detail that the person always uses 'safe sex' in their films?

lol

"Don't worry honey, it's not cheating if he used a condom."

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 02:34 PM

Is it just me or are there a ton of fake profiles on here? What's your experience been? How many are scammers?

If it looks and/or sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 02:29 PM

I am here to start a friendship with a single christians .Hope its not difficult to find them here :)

People can be whatever, or whoever, they want to be, on the internet.

Or they can be who you want them to be.

All I'm saying is: be careful.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 11:29 AM

Dating etiquette..
Shower and shave.. put on cologne or aftershave are perfume.
Dress nice.
Be on time..
If you're drinking keep it to a minimal of 2..
Be polite..
Catch up on world affairs..ie Read a newspaper the day before..
Don't try to be too clever or too smart..
Nobody likes a know-it-all..
Let the other person carry some of the conversation..
Look them in the eyes when talking with each other..
Show interest in what they're saying even if you're not...
If you really like them a small touch on their hand is appropriate..
Make sure they get to their vehicle safely...
. If you enjoyed the date let them know.. a hug or appropriate kiss would suffice.
If you did not enjoy the date don't be ignorant.. thank them for their time..
And just let them know it's not a match..

Well said. I like all of them.

Also, it's o.k. to catch up on world affairs, but maybe avoid politics on the first date.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 11:20 AM

looking for a decent lady for permanent relationship

Why have I never thought of doing it this way?!!!

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 11:15 AM

Yes, once you have sex with them it's hard to go back to being friends, especially for guys.

FOR THE GALS ALSO......

It is always more difficult for the one that got broken up with. Personally, at my age, if someone were to break up with me, I can be friendly and polite, but I wouldn't hang out with them any longer.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 11/20/16 11:03 AM
The Far Side

Parachute pants

Techmo bowl

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 04:53 PM
Interesting topic. Given this past election and the two great candidates we all had to choose from, I wouldn't necessarily eliminate someone based on voting differently than I did.laugh

And when it comes to choosing friends, I think we all sort of lean towards people that we have most in common with. It's almost like human nature. That being said, I think we all have some friends that we differ with politically, but still appreciate something about them, to the point of calling them "friend."

But looking for a relationship? My guess is, political views play a part in compatibility. I'm one that looks for someone that I'm compatible with, someone that I have a lot in common with. And if you are on different ends of the spectrum politically, that would probably make it difficult to really form a connection.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 04:32 PM
Damn! If a guy on stage with a harmonica can't get a date, I'm in trouble.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 04:30 PM
Personally, I would take your last name out of your profile information.

Also, I would take out the part about being separated. It's important to be honest, but it is listed down in the "Lifestyle" section already. Some women will by-pass your profile, because of it, but that's okay. The ones that don't will ask you about it. That is when you should give them any details. Honesty is one thing, giving up too much information up-front is another.

Take out the negative. If you actually get a date, just use your parents car. Again, it's not dishonest. You're in the process of getting a car. Nobody needs to know that much about your business up-front.

Good luck to you.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 02:02 PM

If a man was married for 6 years to a woman he claims he loved but then after divorce he just cuts her out of his life completely not even staying friends...would you be skeptical of this mans' maturity level and able to be responsible with his feelings and yours?

I guess, I want to know when is it a red flag when a man wants nothing to do with his ex even though they had a very serious long term loving relationship...

more information is needed

there are many situations when the mature thing IS to completely cut ties

the red flag for me would not be in whether there is still a relationship but in how he speaks about her and how often

um maybe its just a preference thing...
but for me i can't be with a man who allows himself to be intimate in such away as marriage with a woman for 6 years then he can just cut her out of his life with no contact and not even remain friends..it speaks to me a lot about the value he places on marriage and the respect he has for his own and his partners feelings.
but that maybe just me.i was raised that marriages are sacred commmitments and if divorce happens it should be civil.

Your rationale would be a red flag for me.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 01:55 PM

that's just it but boys are more than men here

I like her profile. It's well thought out.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 01:49 PM
If only.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 11/19/16 10:23 AM

Counseling only works if the object is wanting help. Otherwise it is a waste of time and money

Agree with this.

If he just spends time in his room, you will have to agree to a time to actually sit down and talk about where he would like his life to go, and how he would like to get there. Thus, introducing the idea of a counselor or therapist(preferably a psychologist) to help him with that, if he is unsure of either (which he obviously is).

Typically, I would tell you, don't solicit advice from people not qualified to give it (defeating the purpose of many of these forums, haha). Everyone here has an opinion (me too, lol), but our qualifications all come from life experiences, which are as varied as the number of us on here. A GOOD psychologist should be trained to specifically help with some of your son's problems.

Good luck.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 11/17/16 04:25 PM
Oops.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25