Community > Posts By > LewisW123

LewisW123's photo
Sat 10/29/16 11:54 AM

.* I know... I know... about mine. But, I am not here looking * laugh

Well, you WOULD make a pretty good empress.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 10/29/16 10:28 AM

In America the average person is married three times so you can have three forevers now rather than one...

frustrated rofl

LewisW123's photo
Sat 10/29/16 10:27 AM

We need love..be each one enought to other..then we can feel the sex..

Only after you plunk down $50, buddy.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 10/29/16 10:23 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Sat 10/29/16 10:23 AM

I hope so...

WOW, that was a quick turn-around! A few days ago you were troubled with trusting men: lying players, and now you're ready for a relationship? Already? Are you sure you have adequately surmounted your trust issues and general fear of the masculine?

Im searching so that can help me to move on but not found yet.... Its really not easy to trust... I can see all man are same...

You don't sound ready at all.
When a man says "all women are the same" it means he's a misogynist and/or projecting past relationships on future ones.
What is the same thing called when a woman is doing/feeling it?
Feminists' answer: she's being selective and assertive. laugh

U dont knw what i been through... So dont act like u knw everything... U dont knw nothing about me... I dont need to explain my life to u... I dont even impress to u... U are so judgemental person...

All men ARE similar to each other in certain ways. (you could say the same about women) But not all men are cheaters, or untrustworthy.

It takes spending time with that person to build trust. Does he do what he says he's going to do? Does he show up when he says he will? Etc. That's how you learn if that other person is true to their word - time, and consistent behavior. There's really no other way.

Unfortunately, that's difficult to do over the internet.

LewisW123's photo
Sat 10/29/16 08:22 AM

Lewis, I think that is the popular opinion for men and women.

You hear it from both sides. :wink:

I think men want a hot version of June Cleaver, that turns into a dirty whore in the bedroom.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 10/28/16 07:26 PM
A lot of great opinions here, so I'm throwing mine in.

Just based on my own personal experience and observations. Women don't want a "nice guy." They want a "bad-boy," that they can turn into a nice guy.

Nice guys are boring. Anyone can get one of those.

Of course, it is just a generalization and does not apply to EVERY woman.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 10/28/16 06:59 PM

Hi im arlyn im 37 singlemom

I don't get it.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 10/28/16 05:49 PM

chasing youth

fear of their own demise

tendency towards wanting to control someone

I think there is a lot of truth to that, and it can go either way. Typically, when you see an older woman with a younger man, the age difference isn't as broad, but any one or all of those could be in play.

Then again, those are generalizations. I've seen some couples with what I thought were significant age differences that seemed fairly "normal," and happy. And together for many, many, years.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 10/28/16 05:26 PM
I think too often, people equate "romance," with grandiose gestures of love.

Real romance comes from wanting to spend time with the other person. Talking, listening, touching, kissing. Sharing thoughts, ideas, fears, and dreams. Getting to know the other person inside and out, to the point of predicting how they will react, or feel about something. Even if you are doing something fun, without them, you miss them and look forward to being together again. When you are with that person, it feels like two have become one.

So romance becomes doing little things that let the person know you love them. Make coffee for them in the morning. Give them the bigger donut. Tell them they look great when they really look like death warmed over in the morning. Give them words of encouragement, and let them know you believe in them. Texting or calling randomly just to say, "you were on my mind and I wanted to let you know."

I'd take those things over flowers any day.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 10/27/16 06:51 PM

Apparently it's not about a girl, but conflict with a male friend.Even more interesting than that, though, is that this song is one of All American Rejects' biggest hits and might not have been written if the band's manager hadn't pushed them to keep writing even when they thought they had enough songs for an album. Goes to show you.. sometimes the things created under pressure and deadlines can be your best work!

Ha! That's funny. I was listening to an interview with Blink 182 a few weeks ago, and that's sort of how they ended up writing "The Rock Show."

When the guy wrote it, it was almost in defiance. He thought he would write a pop song and tick off their manager, but it ended up being a hit and making them a lot of money.

And yes, I think we all make up our own meanings and interpretations. Kinda have to sometimes.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 10/27/16 06:36 PM

Yay! I think we got a match happy

:smile: :smile: :smile:

LewisW123's photo
Thu 10/27/16 06:29 PM

i noticed that old men between 40 -49 are hiding, so where they are?

Busy rubbing liniment on their joints.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 10/27/16 06:21 PM
Songs I like, but to this day, not sure what all the lyrics mean.

Manfred Mann's Blinded by the Light. I think it was originally a Bruce Springsteen song, but Manfred Mann's version is much better.

I believe it is about finding his way in the music business and little stories along the way, but I have no idea what he's referencing through most of the song.

Another one I've always liked, "Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie," by Don McLean.

I've always believed it was about the death of Buddy Holly, "the day the music died," but I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me on this one, anyone.

Either way, both are great classic rock and roll songs that tell a story.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 10/27/16 04:09 PM

I can cook a lasagna from scratch. I cook and bake a lot of things.

I would open an oven door for a homemade lasagna!

LewisW123's photo
Thu 10/27/16 03:11 PM
I can't speak for every man, but I put my work ethic up right up there along with integrity and character. It's something my parents taught me, and it's helped me through my whole adult life. It definitely helped in the military - being an early riser was no problem for me.

That being said, work can't be your everything. An older friend gave me some great advice, early on in my career: "sometimes you have to put family first."

I think some me struggle with being lazy, and some men struggle with putting too much of themselves into their work. It can be difficult to find a happy medium.

I get up and go to work every day, but I really enjoy my time off, too.

Great question, BTW.

LewisW123's photo
Wed 10/26/16 05:36 PM
I'm wracking my brain but the only one I can think of is "never launch a boat on a Friday."

My dad taught me that one.

LewisW123's photo
Wed 10/26/16 05:26 PM
Now I have this picture in my head of you, in your home, surrounded by boxes and boxes of pictures that you can't throw away.

Thank God pictures are mostly digital these days.

LewisW123's photo
Wed 10/26/16 05:13 PM
Depends on how "blind," a date it is.

Set-ups by friends or family are typically the worst: he's single, she's single, therefore, they're perfect for each other. NOT

Websites? I would recommend getting to know them a little through emails and then actual conversations on the phone before meeting. Even then, I met a really nice woman that way once, along with several weirdos.

LewisW123's photo
Wed 10/26/16 04:56 PM
You have a lot of nice pictures. Not much in your profile, other than you prefer Caucasians and you don't have time for players. Maybe add a little more about yourself and your interests.

Hope that helps.

LewisW123's photo
Wed 10/26/16 03:14 AM

I am always short. I don't know how to be tall.

Just stand on a step stool and pretend.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25