Community > Posts By > rivergirl301

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 12/19/07 08:55 AM
Thanks, all!

I like the idea of doing their laundry but holding it hostage for extra chores around the house. Sweep the dining room, get a pair of jeans or 2 Ts, lol. Power wash the siding for undewear, since they would be most desperate for that. I don't mind doing laundry; I just resent doing theirs!

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 12/19/07 08:38 AM
I have been single for going on 3 years. My kid's dad remarried over a year ago. I have never introduced my dates to my kids; have been keeping my social life separate from my family life.

I have plans on new year's eve with my family. It is the highlight of the year for my 18-year-old daughter (she is a sr in h.s.) She really enjoys getting together with my extended family on NYE; it has sort of become a tradition.

Problem is, I have been dating someone I think could become quite serious with. I would like to invite him to the family NYE party. I know my daughter is going to be upset and feel like he is intruding on our family tradition.

I feel like I can't win. If I invite him, daughter is going to be po'd. If I don't, I am going to feel cheated. Thanks, MJ

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 12/19/07 08:33 AM
My kids, 18 and 14, are supposed to do their own laundry. I quit doing it for them because they wouldn't put it away after I sorted it, washed it, dried it, and folded it. Now I have mountains of laundry; they just refuse to wash it. Any ideas?

rivergirl301's photo
Fri 09/07/07 09:23 PM
thank you, gypsy. my thoughts exactly! I went on craig's list for st louis, and guys refused to meet me because I lived an hour away from them! it's not like the old days, where a LDR meant $$$ in phone bills, etc. I LOVE to drive. Having an LDR where I had the chance to drive 6 hours to see my guy, that would be heaven, lol. I'm weird, I know.

rivergirl301's photo
Fri 09/07/07 06:25 PM
Yeah, all the dopers are at 7-11 buying munchies!!! In the end, it made me paranoid, like the cops were gonna break down my door with a battering ram. No fun!

rivergirl301's photo
Fri 09/07/07 06:23 PM
Yeah, I don't know how that song got going in my head. One of those you can't get rid of! BayAreaGirl, I bet on you to make it across in that boat!!! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

rivergirl301's photo
Fri 09/07/07 06:11 AM
Wow! This is going over like a lead balloon!!! LOL.

rivergirl301's photo
Thu 09/06/07 09:46 PM
Take a chance on me

(how this relates to relationship advice is I am advising guys to contact me. lol.) MJ

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 09/05/07 12:25 PM
I got an e-mail from one guy (not this site) asking where we should meet. I was like, I think I need a little more info first!

rivergirl301's photo
Tue 09/04/07 08:25 PM
I think she is onto something here. I wish my ex never would have introduced me to his family!!!

rivergirl301's photo
Mon 09/03/07 08:06 PM
You don't need to give up; just toughen up. Get some new boundaries for when you talk to guys online. I am setting new boundaries. I think you have spent too much emotional and psychological energy without getting anything back, and that's why you are so fed up. So. . .

How many e-mails do you give them to loosen up before you decide they are boring? How long in between e-mails are you willing to go (do they have to write you daily, weekly, etc.?) How long are you willing to e-mail someone before you talk to them on the phone? And how long are those e-mails? Do you write really long e-mails and they don't return in kind?

I used to talk to guys for hours on the phone after we e-mailed long enough to know we wanted to talk. No more! It's a big waste of time! Now they are on a time limit of 15 minutes, and a few 15 minute phone calls before we decide to meet.

If they break the first date, even if they give me notice, that's the end of them.

Woman up, and you'll be fine.

rivergirl301's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:33 PM
I don't think it is anyone's business until you are considering a LTR w/the person. Everyone has problems (not necessarily drama!) that they are dealing with. We can't all go around with these problems spelled out on banners across our torsos, like beauty pageant contestants that say what state they are from. Let him get the full picture and decide if he wants to deal with everything--the good and the bad--instead of putting the "bad" out there in front of everything. I hope you feel better, sweetie! flowerforyou

rivergirl301's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:29 PM
I clicked on dozens and dozens and dozens to say yes (don't want to sound like I am eazy--I said No to many more than that) and never got one match. What, do they people you click on yes or maybe to have to have said yes or maybe to you? I feel jinxed! sad sad sad

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 08/22/07 07:20 PM
Yeah, with that to look forward to, makes you not want to bother taking any more vacations!

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 08/22/07 07:19 PM
I thought you meant the woman you love was in love with someone else, and his user name was milo's sweet tea.

Sometimes I wonder how I get through the day w/my brain in 1 piece.

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 08/22/07 08:51 AM
sweetnsexy--you are right about the classic funk, etc. Also, has there ever been a group better than the temptations? I like oldies, except when it is nothing but the beach boys, the rolling stones, the beatles, rod stewart, and diana ross. There *were* other groups back then, you know.

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 08/22/07 08:28 AM
Classic rock (Guess Who, Chicago, Allman Bros.) Because it is CLASSIC. If I had to listen to country all day, like if they played it at work, I would shoot myself. Seriously. I would quite my job, or hurt somebody.

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 08/22/07 05:35 AM

rebound means you "boing" from you ex into the arms of someone new, before you have really had a chance to get over your former relationship. At least, that is my definition.

My ex husband married his rebound relationship 3 months after we were divorced (no, he was not seeing her while we were married). I think he is nuts.

rivergirl301's photo
Wed 08/22/07 05:33 AM
I am hot for bald guys and a creative goatee. Too much hair below the waistline should be trimmed.

rivergirl301's photo
Sat 08/18/07 08:51 PM
I don't think you should say feelings are right or wrong. You can't help that. If feeling one-sided is wrong, I am wrong a lot, LOL laugh

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25