Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 04:11 PM

My friend, A new start can be what you make it.You always have choices..You can meet new people any place, here, church,coffee cafes,Fitness clubs,the market, the list go's on.But making the choice of standards your looking for, to enrich your life as well as the ones you come in contact with.

How true...how true!:wink: A fresh start is really a fresh start when you bring a new attitude to the new city. Stretch yourself...yeah, it might feel different at first...it might not seem like you, at first...but, my man...take action..shake up life up a bit (without getting crazy!:wink:). You'll amaze yourself...not to mention family and friends who have known you forever! Go for it!happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 01:34 PM
Delta 1222 - a non-stop flight from Kansas City to Atlanta will touch down at Hartsfield International Airport tomorrow - Tuesday, Nov. 24 - at 3:57 P.M. A beautiful, intelligent woman who captured my heart the moment I first saw her in New Orleans shortly after Hurricane Katrina, will be among those on board. Apart for more than a year, we have overcome long odds and will once again be together. We are friends, lovers, companions, kindred spirits...and we will pursue life with something just shy of reckless abandon. Some of you know this love story if you've read some of my previous posts or profile...a few friends here know just how amazing our story is. I am happy beyond words. If we live long enough, we experience a wide range of emotions...we all know love, heartbreak, joy, incredible sadness, and more. Tomorrow, two people will embrace in Atlanta and start the rest of their lives together. For some reason, I feel compelled to share the the warm and good feelings that fill my heart and soul. I am fortunate beyond my wildest expectations...we are living our dreams. happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 12:06 PM
In a related topic about anger...the FBI today released statistics on hate crimes...up 2% in 2008 over 2007.sad2

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-23-hate-crimes_N.htm

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 11:59 AM

Almost always good dreams...rarely a bad dream or nightmare. Often funny juxtaposition of people, places, food, events. Craziest dream in the last year had a cameo appearance by Paula Abdul...and I don't even like her!laugh

maybe you watch American Idol..that week, and something triggered the thought.And is that cameo something you might wish you had, seen from an advertizement??? just playing with the idea of triggers.

Probably so...certainly never desired Paula Abdul...just to dingy for me!laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 11:56 AM

:heart: Is romantic love a figment of our imagination? :heart:

bigsmile Or is it just a biological urge?bigsmile

Neither option, thanks. But it is a dream...and for some it comes true! :wink: happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 11:49 AM
Almost always good dreams...rarely a bad dream or nightmare. Often funny juxtaposition of people, places, food, events. Craziest dream in the last year had a cameo appearance by Paula Abdul...and I don't even like her!laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 09:53 AM
How true...

BTW, is that guy still available...my windows really need cleaning!
laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 09:48 AM
Just an observation...even in the smaller MIngle world...there seems to be a lot (imprecise term, I know) of angry posts. People react with vehemence. Someone says something...and often in the same minute a strongly worded attack is added to the thread. Curiously...and somewhat ironically...there seems even to be anger within some of the posts on this topic...ABOUT anger! :wink: But other topics, still being posted now, on "abortion" and "Mingling at work" - among others - draw angry fire! Day to day it does seem people are willing to express anger more...and perhaps over issues and situations that once would have not raised tempers. We humans are forever interesting!:wink: laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 07:08 AM

the big girls around here usually want either black guys or old guys

what

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 09:51 PM

Well, a highly charged topic with a "for or against" vote...what could you expect? Certain topics are really difficult to cover in an environment like this. Add that there is a lot of intolerance for other's opinions today...mayne more than I've ever seen in my life. It's a powder keg. There are probably better topics to discuss...I mean the proof is here before our eyes. People get nasty...resort to "ad hominem abusive" arguments...what's the point? :smile:

Stated this earlier...and deserves to be said again!

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 09:42 PM
Well, if you're clinically depressed...it's not something you just snap out of! Seek a physician's help. It's one thing to say you're depressed by something....another to suffer from Depression. It's real and is woefully misunderstood. Check a website...like WebMD...and see if you see yourself under the symptoms for various forms of Depression. There's treatment...but it's not something you just say...I'm going to feel better today. Chemical imbalances, among other things, and treatments exist. More than 20 million people suffer from Clinical Depression in US alone.
Good luck...happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 07:44 PM

i never thought i would do anything like this being that i have always been on the conservative side but i am coming out of a 13 year relationship and things have changed in the dating world. I am too busy and never liked the bar scene so i might as well try something different so here goes nothing

Maybe that should be..."so here goes SOMETHING." :wink: Welcome...some good people here. Enjoy! happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 06:21 PM
I am so fortunate in so many ways...truly blessed...and I am thankful. But I could not possibly be happier or more thankful than reuniting with the love of my life on Tuesday in Atlanta. Sometime, love does conquer all! happy :heart:

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 05:10 PM

I like everyone likes to see a face with an email/post but sometimes a person's not in a position for career reasons to do so. I'm more than willing to share information but I'm not about to lose my career in doing so.

Pragmatically, seems like you're cutting your market considerably. It's easier for someone to deal with a profile and photo that doesn't have a lot of mystery to it. Some just don't want the potential drama. Don't know what career complications you might have from being on a legitimate dating site...but it seems like you'll certainly have fewer options. Good luck...

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 02:22 PM

Well he never called - o well, had a nice lunch with my kiddo flowerforyou

Obviously not someone you'll miss...do people who are no shows like this give cell phone numbers...I can't imagine why anyone would act this way. Sorry they preyed on you! flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 01:49 PM
It can take on so many manifestations...but it always starts simply as disregard for anyone other than yourself. :wink:

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 07:04 AM

what do you think about a sugar daddy arrangement...is it wrong? if you both are on the same page...

I think it can only be right or wrong for the people in that arrangement. Not for me to judge others.
If it works and both are happy...is their "happy" lesser than my "happy"? Tolerance is a good thing....but too many people will tell you how you must live today. Pity, really. ohwell flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/22/09 06:48 AM

I think we are more angry, mostly because we have fewer coping and people skills taught to us or promoted in our communities.

More like we are used to being raised with such, but the immigrants don't want to assimilate to our civilized society, and the crimes against us keep mounting, without any relief in sight, since our govt won't enforce the border laws. Those from other countries have different cultures and customs that fly right in the face of those held by the average American. And for the most part, they are considered ugly, backward, and many times just plain unsanitary. Being repeatedly told that I should accept the unacceptable and show tolerance and compassion to those who do not give it, is why push comes to shove, when enough is enough.

You opinion about "crimes against us keep mounting" is not supported by any evidence. Suggest you check your facts. Immigrant crime - illegal and otherwise - is no more than the general population statistics, and actually appears to be a little less. Indeed, there is more "hate " crime against immigrants now than in some years! You make sweeping generalizations with no supported facts to back them up...and show an incredible intolerance with comments like, "And for the most part, they are considered ugly, backward, and many times just plain unsanitary." Good luck...you appear to need it.

Gator76's photo
Sat 11/21/09 09:42 PM

If you were so busy with your career, or school, or something else that took up alot of your time, and then love comes walking in? Would you embrace it? Or deny it because it wasn't the right time?

No one on their death bed ever said, "Gee, I wish there had been one more meeting." I've had a
successful career, been fortunate enough to do and go and see things all over the world. Nothing comes closer than second to being in love. Embrace it...yeah, I guess you could say that! happy :wink:

Gator76's photo
Sat 11/21/09 09:03 PM
Bad pick-up line: "Hi, sweetheart, would you like to come back to my place and see my fly collection?"

laugh

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25