Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 09:01 PM
And like a breath of stale air on an otherwise beautiful fall evening...laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 08:51 PM
Hmmmm.....It's never been an issue for me. There's a time and place for both it would seem. Any woman I've ever been with...I always relied completely on her unmistakably good judgment. I've NEVER been disappointed.:wink:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 08:31 PM

Are you here for friends only or are you seeking a partner?

I came here two and half months ago with an open mind. Last week, most unexpectedly, I found my soul mate - again - though not here. But, I have found a few new friends...friends I met in the Forums...and see here regularly. Also, I talk, email and text with them outside of Mingle now. Those friends know that my life is about to get even busier in December. So, I'm unsure how much longer I'll be coming here and posting. But, I must say it has far exceeded my expectations...happy

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 07:40 PM
Welcome, my friend...some good people here...jump in the forums and have fun. :smile:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 07:30 PM
Have a great Birthday!happy flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 05:48 PM
People who do this apparently see themselves as "entitled" somehow. Maybe we start maing citizen's arrests like Chickayoshi said...chase them down and taser their privates (first offense), water board them (second offense) and take their car (third offense)...well, maybe take their car and give them a self-propelled scooter. Seems fair... laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 05:16 PM
Welcome...find some great guy in South Florida who'll take you to the Addison or 32 East...plenty of romantic, great restaurants...no reason to be bored in Boca any more! Good luck! :wink:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 04:23 PM

Lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

Hmmmmm...Never able to make new ones? That sounds like seriously dead to me! I'm at the most exciting point in an already full and exciting life. What can I say, I'm a trouble maker?...I'll make new memories and keep my old ones, too. Thanks...I'm an excellent negotiator! :wink: laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 04:09 PM

I am just wondering if we really get hurt by others, or do we hurt ourselves.
Meaning do we allow people into our lives and expect things that they cannot or will not provide, and then are hurt by our own expectations.

What is your opinion?

No doubt, a saw that cuts both ways. :wink:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 03:00 PM
A lot of components to jealousy...self esteem, that self-assured and confident attitude - without being cocky - that allows you to trust someone. Deception, lying and cheating are just some of the behaviors that can undermine a relationship...and jealousy is just one of many ugly results. :smile:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 02:29 PM
I am drinking a Margarita out by the pool...marinading Mahi-Mahi for the grill later...fresh pasta with homemade pesto, sauteed carrots finished in Grand Marnier...and a green salad. It's Friday...and life is good! :smile:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:48 PM

see the good part bout it all is i'm being good cause i'm not mentioning names an well lets just say i'm being really :angel:

Move on and find someone worthy...obviously he wasn't...met him here? We could tar and feather him...first offense? laugh
oh i know it just think its fun gotta get my vent out some where lol

Ah...nothing like a good rant sometime...followed by an adult beverage of your choice! :wink:

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:46 PM

see the good part bout it all is i'm being good cause i'm not mentioning names an well lets just say i'm being really :angel:

Move on and find someone worthy...obviously he wasn't...met him here? We could tar and feather him...first offense? laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:43 PM

In Timothy Leary's the Politics of Self-Determination, he expounds that we attract things into our lives by our actions, for example, people lie to you because you let them and they know they can do it to you.

Of course, Dr. Tim fried just about every brain cell he ever had...laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:36 PM
As the inimitable Yogi Berra said, "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!":wink:
People lie...men and women. But showing up with lie detector equipment can be a turn off...On the other hand...what a great ice breaker! laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 11:55 AM

hats off to all the people that can mingle while they work drinks foe all of u drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker i hope that i got enough for everyone of u to have two drinks on me hehedevil

Did I hear someone say, "Margarita?" laugh Thanks, Matt...all is well!

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 10:10 AM

were did this thred run off to i just wanted to no who did and didnt holy sh:t

Yeah, sometimes you pull a thread...and stuff unravels!laugh

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 10:02 AM

thanks... so it is ok to still talk to other people?

Sure! But, if it's someone you have several dates with...and who might be a BF/GF...why not clarify? In the course of conversation...discuss your "relationship" as in, "Do we have one?" Can be done with humor. "Are we becoming a couple?" And the always direct, "How do you feel about dating no one
else?" Good luck...just be honest and expect - no - demand the same! happy

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 09:51 AM

Well, someone has struck a nerve! laugh A lot of questions come to mind: If you were an employer, should you reasonably expect an employee's energies and efforts to go 100% into your mission, objectives and goals? If you're an employee, how do you justify doing something completely personal - playing let's say an hour a day- rather than working when you're getting paid to do a job? What do these diverging views say about loyalty, a job versus a career, trust, ethics? If you are capable of multi-tasking...should you be multi-tasking about your job rather than personal pursuits? If you were the employer rather than employee, and your company was one of your passions, would you feel differently?

Interesting...:smile:
I think it depends on the job and the people involved-

If the bosses are happy and the employees productive-who cares if the employees are online for personal reasons at times during the workday?

Yes, I've been in corporate headquarters of companies like Google and GE...TOTALLY different cultures!

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/20/09 09:42 AM
Well, someone has struck a nerve! laugh A lot of questions come to mind: If you were an employer, should you reasonably expect an employee's energies and efforts to go 100% into your mission, objectives and goals? If you're an employee, how do you justify doing something completely personal - playing let's say an hour a day- rather than working when you're getting paid to do a job? What do these diverging views say about loyalty, a job versus a career, trust, ethics? If you are capable of multi-tasking...should you be multi-tasking about your job rather than personal pursuits? If you were the employer rather than employee, and your company was one of your passions, would you feel differently?

Interesting...:smile:

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25