Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 01:52 PM
I don't see why not? We are soul mates...and I very much believe in the concept of soul mates.
<------ happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 01:41 PM
Sorry it wasn't what you hoped for...but hey, what HAS happened has nothing to do with what could and likely will happen. Don't know why anyone would say Prince Charming doesn't exist with such definitiveness...maybe for them. But their experience probably isn't the WORLD's experience. Maybe he does for you...maybe he doesn't...given the choice of negative or positive thought...why not be positive?
As always, I wish you happiness...and a Prince Charming, too.:smile: flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 11:29 AM

So it is a derogatory term then?

The reason I asked is I heard that old song, "She's a lady" today and it said, "She knows her place"

Which I found offensive and I just wondered how men felt about it being applied to them.

Paul Anka wrote the lyrics to "She's a Lady" in 1971 for Tom Jones, who had a big hit with it. Just goes to show context, I guess. Some 38 years ago, words and concepts that seem somewhat ridiculous were acceptable...times change...and for the most part for the better! happy A woman's place today...is pretty much wherever she chooses to make it...and that shouldn't bother any man. If it does, he's probably living in the past...and won;t be in your future! laugh

I love Tom Jones and I love that song. A queen knows her place too,, it doesnt have to be derogatory if you listen to the whole song and everything he says about what a lady is.

Oh, I like the song, too. And I'm not saying it's inherently derogatory...simply accepting the OP position that in context now...she finds it anachronistic...passe...and apparently derogatory. That's fine...I can see where she's coming from.

you dont mean me as the OP do you...i hope not flowerforyou

No...I think it was Dragoness who said she found it offensive (derogatory)...again, not making a judgment on anyone...simply accepting a point of view. flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 11:23 AM

The reason I asked is I heard that old song, "She's a lady" today and it said, "She knows her place"

Which I found offensive and I just wondered how men felt about it being applied to them.

Paul Anka wrote the lyrics to "She's a Lady" in 1971 for Tom Jones, who had a big hit with it. Just goes to show context, I guess. Some 38 years ago, words and concepts that seem somewhat ridiculous were acceptable...times change...and for the most part for the better! happy A woman's place today...is pretty much wherever she chooses to make it...and that shouldn't bother any man. If it does, he's probably living in the past...and won;t be in your future! laugh

I love Tom Jones and I love that song. A queen knows her place too,, it doesnt have to be derogatory if you listen to the whole song and everything he says about what a lady is.

Oh, I like the song, too. And I'm not saying it's inherently derogatory...simply accepting the OP position that in context now...she finds it anachronistic...passe...and apparently derogatory. That's fine...I can see where she's coming from.

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 11:10 AM
Well, it doesn't have to be a "hobby"...lots of other interesting pursuits....and other than a friend of mine who is a brewmaster in Germany, can;t think of too many who have or should make it a "career," Like most things, it can be used or abused. I enjoy wine mostly. happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 10:35 AM
And then, of course, there's Goof's perspective...laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 10:34 AM

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 09:41 PM

Ya seen two ya seen em all.

No, actually...more like snowflakes...no two alike. :wink:
Natural is nice!

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:52 PM
Hmmmm...welcome, of course, and I hope you find what you're looking for here. It is curious that you have only one photo...and not a great one...and just three sentences in your profile. Perhaps if you're here in the Forums for awhile...you'll get a better feel for the site. happy Good luck...

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:39 PM
No snow in Atlanta...and we'll be back in Florida Tuesday. We'll be in Kansas next week for the rest of the year...and hope to see some snow. Always seems more like Christmas with snow...:smile:

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:28 PM
65 years ago, the Mills Brothers had a #1 hit, "You Always Hurt the One You Love." Perhaps there is a bit of truth as some point in a relationship...something is said or done. We almost all do it!:wink:

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:20 PM

They actually have stats for this??laugh

Hmmm...I'm with you Goof...and why are we concerned about this? laugh

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:08 PM
:heart: We're finally together...and will never again be apart!:heart:
<--------------

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 03:47 PM
I think it was some Russian gal! laugh

Seriously, someone sent me an email to my personal address...can't remember who. I know I've made some friends here...:smile:

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 02:39 PM

Showing 'em some love...All these folks are wonderful and I've come to enjoy in the past three months...

Biglife
ladylid2012
Goofball
Mirror Mirror
Q-man
lilbug
Vivian2981
Greeneyedlady42
Smiles2you
Sneaksintoyourheart
Moonlight_ride62
TxsGal3333
Laughsandgiggles
Mssilverfox
jill298
dellilady
iam4u
heathersaysgobucks
aladytoo

I know I'll think of others, too...

Sure enough, I did think of others...no slight intended just a bad memory...some more faves here:

franshade
Yellowrose10
cherie091279
IndnPrncs
TxsSun
shasta1
hopefloating

Gator76's photo
Sun 12/06/09 10:24 AM

Obviously a male..other than that what does it take to be a man?
I hear the term "man up", he's not a "real man"....
I watch my sons turning into men, for now physically.
What does manning up and being a real man require?

Well, there's not a single definition for being a man, certainly, but here are some traits, beliefs and behaviors I try to live by...

I have a clear sense of morality;
I possess a never-ending quest for excellence;
I am confident...not cocky;
I have a clear view of reality;
I am decisive;
I look you in the eye;
I am comfortable expressing my feelings;
I express anger without violence;
I admit when I'm wrong;
I engage other people....because I always gain knowledge and wisdom;
I have not and will not ever physically harm a woman or a child;
I am resilient.
I push through my fears...surviving them makes me stronger;
I know the sun rises again everyday;
I make stupid mistakes...but try not to repeat them;
I take responsibility for my actions and behavior;
I stand up for what I know is "right" and believe in...even in the face of overwhelming odds;
I know how to treat a woman...and make her feel like a woman...without ever making her feel less than an person;
I know who I am...and I'm comfortable in my own skin;
I'm not afraid to cry or hold any real emotion inside;
I live a Carpe Diem philosophy;
I am passionate and compassionate;
I try to improve in some way...every day of my life.

Gator76's photo
Sat 12/05/09 07:30 PM
Showing 'em some love...All these folks are wonderful and I've come to enjoy in the past three months...

Biglife
ladylid2012
Goofball
Mirror Mirror
Q-man
lilbug
Vivian2981
Greeneyedlady42
Smiles2you
Sneaksintoyourheart
Moonlight_ride62
TxsGal3333
Laughsandgiggles
Mssilverfox
jill298
dellilady
iam4u
heathersaysgobucks
aladytoo

I know I'll think of others, too...

Gator76's photo
Fri 12/04/09 09:25 PM
Our sincere condolences. It is difficult to lose a friend...whether that friend has been with you throughout the years...or just recently...whether it has been months or even years since they were in your day-to-day life or whether you saw them yesterday. While you will miss them...You will remember those good times. :smile: flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Fri 12/04/09 07:15 PM

Have you ever been??? Isn't it great??

<-----Oh, yeah! :heart: I'll see your smitten and raise you an infatuated, besotted with, obsessed with, head over heels; enamored of, attracted to, taken with; captivated by, enchanted by, under someone's spell, moonstruck by; bowled over by, swept off my feet by, crazy about, mad about, keen on, hot on/for, gone on, sweet on, gaga for...

I think it's love! :wink: :heart:

Mozel Tov and that's fabulous and all but what the heck you doing on here all the time if you are so (insert all the above things)??? I mean if you found someone that's all that and a bag of chips that you can tolerate and vice versa, get off the computer and go be with them!

Anyway, good luck.

Some folks just like to let all their lonely single friends know what a wonderful, happy time they are having.

Actually, we're together right now...and we've met some nice people here on Mingle...Some even coming to our wedding. But, no we would never share our happiness to hurt anyone...single friends here or anywhere. I hope everyone here finds happiness! flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Fri 12/04/09 06:01 PM

Yes!! run run run... he's couldn't give more then, it's not going to change...he's in a dry spell..and knows you had feelings... he's playing on that....Run run run...

Wow your probably right...I was hoping he missed me...

Probably? As in the sun will probably come up tomorrow? :wink: laugh Focus on finding someone whose feelings above his waist exceed those below his waist. Good luck...and remember the L'Oreal cosmetics commercial...."I'm worth it!" flowerforyou

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25