Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Thu 12/03/09 09:24 AM

Does love come twice in life? I mean does anyone else feel like once you have loved and lost you become incapable of love again? Even if you find that special someone it just kinda is never the same again? Is it me or does a long term relatioship that doesn't work out leave you not willing to take any crap anymore? I have met wonderful people and I have no explanation why i can not commit to them????? I say I want commitment, I think I want commitment until it's time to commit then I find resons to run for the hills????? Does anyone else have this fear of the routine bullcrap life to nowhere????? Do you get bored with someone quickly????

Let's see...lot of questions or statements!

Yes; No; No; Well, it's not me...must be you; I cannot explain it either; In that case, Good to live near hills; No fear; No...but occasionally I'm tested! laugh

Seriously, I was married for 35 years...and until the last five years it was a loving relationship. I met Susan after my divorce and fell so deeply in love...It is sweeter, better the second time for me...but maybe that's because I know me better. We're all different...and everything that we experience shapes us. Good luck in your relationships!

Gator76's photo
Thu 12/03/09 08:54 AM
My friend, we are all complicated...some a little more so than others.laugh Certainly, we are complex! We know about as much about the human brain as we do outer space...so a lot more exploring to do.:wink: And yes, sometimes, some of us take "complicated" to an art form! laugh

Gator76's photo
Thu 12/03/09 07:51 AM
Abuse is a complex issue. Statistics on the American Bar Association's Commission on Domestic Violence provide some insights...but law enforcement officials believe that much abuse - physical, verbal, sexual - goes unreported to law enforcement authorities, and thus, escapes these statistics. While abuse goes both ways, clearly women are far more likely to be victims than men. In either case, it is wrong...and against the law. Here's a sampling of statistics.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, between 1998 and 2002:
Of the almost 3.5 million violent crimes committed against family members, 49% of these were crimes against spouses.
84% of spouse abuse victims were females, and 86% of victims of dating partner abuse at were female.
Males were 83% of spouse murderers and 75% of dating partner murderers
50% of offenders in state prison for spousal abuse had killed their victims. Wives were more likely than husbands to be killed by their spouses: wives were about half of all spouses in the population in 2002, but 81% of all persons killed by their spouse.
Of females killed with a firearm, almost two-thirds were killed by their intimate partners. The number of females shot and killed by their husband or intimate partner was more than three times higher than the total number murdered by male strangers using all weapons combined in single victim/single offender incidents in 2002.

And when children see adults hitting each other...what lesson is learned? sad2 slaphead

Gator76's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:51 AM

Dec. 9th is International Day of Duct Tape!

Ironically, duct tape can - and does - serve tens of thousands of purposes, but when the Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory in California tested duct tape against dozens of other tapes and sealants on HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING DUCTS...it was the first one to fail! frustrated
Go figure! Meanwhile, it's used everywhere and is so indispensable in some industries it has its own separate name...on movie and TV production sets...it's called Gaffer's Tape. Alas, for anyone who has tried, it won't hold together a relationship either. And yes, I know of a divorce where the former happy couple split a case of duct tape during property settlement...it was listed in an official court document!laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:48 PM
Well, at least he didn't do his caddy, Steve...Oh, Tiger, say it ain't so!laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:31 PM
Well, for me, it's her...I can honestly say in a life-or-death situation...I'd even choose her over me.
<---------------:heart:

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:12 PM
When I was 12 years old, my parents gave me a first edition of "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, which I still have. After reading it, I told them that I wanted to be a writer. For nearly 40 years I have made my living writing. So, it was by far the most memorable gift I was ever given.:heart: happy

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 05:24 PM

what irks me is how some people have this tendency of allowing another person to dictate their actions??? If people treated one another the way they would like to be treated, with respect and trust, there'd be no damned need of boundaries nor these silly requests... sorry jumping off soap box... now back to our regularly schedule show tongue2

would you also stop talking to your butcher because your significant other was jealous?

would you stop smiling and saying hello to complete strangers (people you pass on the streets) because your significant other told you to/asked you to?

wtf!!!

rofl rofl rofl I like what you say!!!

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 05:02 PM

Has anyone been in this situation, where the other person doesn't want you but won't let go completely because he/she doesn't want you to move on? If so, how did you handle it.grumble

Hmmm...I have a friend...well, an acquaintance, in Philly...Tony "Louisville Slugger" Califano...AKA
"Tony the Whacker"...AKA "Tony Bada Bing Bada Boom"...AKA "Tony the Persuader." He gets out again in 6 months...email me...I'll give you his cell number...well, make that his mobile number! :wink:

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 04:53 PM

But someone put a bow on him for me?????? PuhlEEEZEEE!!!!laugh

Damn, Holly...this is my son! Puhleeezee take him...he's in his 8th year of college!laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 04:48 PM

As I sit back and read all of your messages. It really tells me how bad this world of ours has become. That is why I write what I write just to see. Alot of you have not grown up. You might look like it on the outside, on the inside you are still little kids with your childish games. Now some of you are acting your age and that is good. It shows by the positive things that you say. Anyway I will be back, have to check my other blogs. THANK YOU.

First impressions can be lasting...and from your previous few posts to this one...I have to ask, Ever hear of Dale Carnegie? Good luck...I think you are going to need it! :wink:

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 04:40 PM
Welcome...some of the usual suspects are here and have welcomed you with open arms (except Goof...who's a torso only so don't expect too much from him...but I digress)!laugh flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 04:28 PM
I don't really need or want much...the greatest gift in all my Christmases is having Susan in my life.
But, I will probably gift myself with a slightly self-indulgent dining experience...that I will prepare because I love being in the kitchen. There will be what I call, "The Cook's Wine," which is an incredibly great bottle(s) of something rare and yummy! I will have the love of my life...and a few precious friends nearby.

Otherwise, in addition to my work with Heifer International, about five years ago I started giving money...nothing huge - sometimes $20...sometimes more...to complete and total strangers I see when I am out and about before Christmas. There's no rhyme or reason...it can be someone smiling or laughing...someone that I observed being "nice"...someone that looks sad or in need of a friendly gesture. Some are perhaps financially in need...some are not. I put no conditions on my gifts. I simply
say, Happy Holidays. The looks are priceless...it is one of the reasons I so love Christmas! happy

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 04:05 PM
Ok, maybe...just maybe...HE'S STANDING TOO CLOSE! Yeah, that's it...it's a perspective thing!happy

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 04:03 PM

Happy Chrismukkhakwanikadan

I knew I wasn't the only one!laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 03:22 PM

Every year for my kiddos birthday I always donate to the org that raises money for her disease. Giving is awesome!!

Thanks Gator - as my kiddo was ill as a child and I almost lost her, I'm partial Texas Childrens Hospital and St Judes. I wish I could do so much more!! flowerforyou

You know, maybe instead of buying my son a ton of gifts, I'll go light and send a donation to the Lowe Syndrome Association this year. That is the syndrome he was born with! Any money they get towards research is a huge blessing!
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

It's a chain reaction!!!! happy flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 02:59 PM

Thanks Gator - as my kiddo was ill as a child and I almost lost her, I'm partial Texas Childrens Hospital and St Judes. I wish I could do so much more!! flowerforyou

You're welcome...if everyone does a little...a lot of good happens! happy flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 02:46 PM
'Tis the season, indeed...Way to go! There are many worthy charities, but one I have been involved with for 30 years is Heifer International...www.heifer.org. They do amazing things the world over and bring the true spirit of the season to millions of people. Please check it out if you are looking to do more good this year!flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 02:39 PM

Yes I would, if both was on same page, and was a progressive relationship.BUT!! I would expect the same from my partner.The point being which move is in the best intrest for both.You have to weigh out both sides.This is not just a one sided desision.One does have to look for a job that moves..so a lot of research has to be one who's more flexable?Who rent who owns...there is so much that has to be done,before you make that move.

I totally agree with this..

Ditto!happy

Gator76's photo
Wed 12/02/09 02:03 PM
Yes....one time is too many. And quite frankly...it's never going to be just one time!

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25