Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:45 PM
Well, good people, it is time to say goodbye! I have met some nice folks here...you know who you are...and I've enjoyed the brief stay. But it is time to move on. I have two new writing projects...another book and a screenplay. Susan and I are excited about our new life together. We are soul mates...and we are so fortunate. Thanks, again, to those who have been so kind and have shared in our joy. We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a New Year that brings health, happiness and prosperity!

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:29 PM

A guy I know -- someone I've known for a very long time -- has taken it upon himself to introduce me to some new women.

While I would normally encourage this sort of thing, it's really pointless in this instance because:

a.) He has absolutely no clue what kind of person I'd be interested in, and does not really listen well enough to get the idea when I try to explain it to him, and

b.) It's clear he has absolutely no contacts who would fall into the category of "Someone I Might Be Interested In."

So, he has been introducing me to women who are generally slightly worse candidates than a statue of former Cubs first baseman Leon Durham.

After an introduction, he will wait a day or two and then ask, "So what did you think of Stacie?"*

And I will tell him, "She's really not my type."

And he says, "She could be your next girlfriend," after which he immediately introduces me to some other non-starter.

Well-meaning is appreciated, but well-meaning and well-connected would be a lot better....!

shades

* Name changed because I like to use footnotes.

Wow...no friends...no one you've matched up with...you're making me sad, man!laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:28 PM

A guy I know -- someone I've known for a very long time -- has taken it upon himself to introduce me to some new women.

While I would normally encourage this sort of thing, it's really pointless in this instance because:

a.) He has absolutely no clue what kind of person I'd be interested in, and does not really listen well enough to get the idea when I try to explain it to him, and

b.) It's clear he has absolutely no contacts who would fall into the category of "Someone I Might Be Interested In."

So, he has been introducing me to women who are generally slightly worse candidates than a statue of former Cubs first baseman Leon Durham.

After an introduction, he will wait a day or two and then ask, "So what did you think of Stacie?"*

And I will tell him, "She's really not my type."

And he says, "She could be your next girlfriend," after which he immediately introduces me to some other non-starter.

Well-meaning is appreciated, but well-meaning and well-connected would be a lot better....!

shades

* Name changed because I like to use footnotes.

Wow...no friends...no one you've

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 12:17 PM

it's all Obama's fault

It always is
:tongue: laugh :tongue: laugh

Actually, I read today that the blame for most everything has just shifted to Tiger! laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 11:28 AM
I see things every day that make me glad I am me! laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 11:09 AM

Honestly what makes me hate it is seeing all the stupid f'ing commercials of people in "love" and all the movies of happy families. I am an outcast in my family so yay for not having any kind of family traditions that even involve me. That mixed with being single for 25 years now with the exception of maybe 5 months total through out my life. So what possible reason would I have to enjoy a time of year that celebrates people being close with their friends, family, and loved ones?

Well, I'm sorry you feel the way you do...truly. But I would think that there might be a correlation between your bitterness and the five months you've had relationships in your entire life. I mean, if people are picking up the negative vibes here online...I can only imagine what it might be like in your presence. Seek help. Don't know what you've gone through...but it obviously was bad. Again, sorry...but life is what you make it...and given a choice between being around bitterness and happiness...well, it's not even a choice.

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:32 AM
Well, we make our own happiness or misery to a large extent. You look pretty young to be a curmudgeon...but I'm sure you can find a match that feels as you do. Good luck!

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:53 AM

So this past weekend I thought went ok.

I was expecting the worst...but in my mind it went ok. apparently in his mind...it was the opposite.

It is somewhat irrelevant exactly why we broke up this morning...other than his view of this weekend was horrible...and mine was not. I say it's irrelevant because he did not want to discuss things and work out why things happened they way they did. He just wanted to argue. He was not in any way shape or form wanting to work out the differences....so....I stopped him in mid sentence after about 30 min of the verbal diarrhea....and I said "look, I know what you want, you don't want to resolve this you just want me out....so there is no point in continuing this argument....let me get my stuff I'll get out."

So I got my stuff...and I left.

Right before I left I told him I am sorry I came back....I knew this would not work but I tried going against my best judgement....I tried...it didn't work...

....I'm not cryin about it....

Merry Christmas......I'm back on the Market!!! LMFAO!!!

Your positive, good attitude in this post says it all! Congratulations on making a move that works for you...seems like you should have lots of boyfriends! :wink: flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:40 AM

Well, cities that have good ratios of women to men...and also have the most fit, best educated men and women...are San Francisco, Minneapolis, San Jose, CA, Arlington, TX, and Raleigh, NC. Also, traditionally, Washington, D.C. and Chicago, IL have good odds for men. This, all according to MSNBC and Men's Health Magazine. Finally, and a generality, more single women live in the East, more single guys in the West. But, it only takes one:wink: !

Oh, and on the flip side...if you're in Charleston, WV, Toledo, OH or Buffalo, NY...and a guy...you might want to move! laugh

Sooo...you are saying that chicks in these three cities are uneducated, overweight and are most likely gay?tongue2 tongue2 :laughing: :laughing:

I'm saying that MSNBC reports that...laugh There were 101 US cities in the study! Ever been to TOLEDO...I spent a week there one night! laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:26 AM

Well, cities that have good ratios of women to men...and also have the most fit, best educated men and women...are San Francisco, Minneapolis, San Jose, CA, Arlington, TX, and Raleigh, NC. Also, traditionally, Washington, D.C. and Chicago, IL have good odds for men. This, all according to MSNBC and Men's Health Magazine. Finally, and a generality, more single women live in the East, more single guys in the West. But, it only takes one:wink: !

Oh, and on the flip side...if you're in Charleston, WV, Toledo, OH or Buffalo, NY...and a guy...you might want to move! laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:22 AM

Gator76's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:03 AM

It's amazing that such a small gesture of kindness can have such a huge impact. After all, it not only made the OP feel warm and fuzzy, it made all of us she shared it with feel hopeful and happy as well. Like skipping a stone off water, it creates little ripples spreading everywhere! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

How true...how true! Anything you do for this person will be seen by him as an act of kind graciousness...I'm sure of that. Simply show him that you care. Thanks for sharing..."Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus."happy flowerforyou (and that spirit lives in most of us)!

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 11:02 PM

Why do we do this to ourselves? Why must we always want? I had, but I wanted more. Then I gave up what I had and still want more. It’s frustrating wanting to be loved but not loving anybody.

The Rolling Stones said it well...

No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

:wink:

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 10:49 PM

Thank you

Ok, I really feel like a newbie how do you put img graphics on this site?ohwell

You can go to a site like photobucket.com ...upload photos there and then click on IMG link.

Welcome...and good luck...some good people here!happy flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 09:19 PM

I had cinnamon toast.

Wow, I haven't had cinnamon toast in years...remember loving it as a kid!

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 07:43 PM

Do you ever go out of your comfort zone; to help someone? (or) Just saying Hi, to a stranger? You may just, .....make their day.waving

I have a pretty wide comfort zone...try to help people in need whenever I can...and saying hello to a stranger is pretty easy! happy flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 07:29 PM

Wow, thats great!!!

But your post pic says joined 2/25/08...That was less than a year ago???

Actually, Updawg, that was nearly 22 months ago...or almost two years!happy

Congrats Brokenwing22! ENJOY AND HAVE A HAPPY LIFE.flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 04:54 PM

Well, once again, broad generalizations appear here more often than a Bernie Madoff promise of excellent returns!laugh Sorry you had a bad experience...but one or even a dozen anecdotal incidents don't make your statement about reporting crimes true. In fact, the vast majority of crimes reported are treated properly. There are good cops and bad...but most are good and, indeed, protect and serve well. In the future, so you don't call the cops...that would be your loss But hey, it's your right. I know you're angry...but painting every law enforcement officer worldwide as a bad buy...seems a bit rash, doesn't it? :wink:

No, what he says is very true. Cops simply don't care about you if you live in the bad part of a certain area, and yes, most cops are bad. Though there are a few that are still rather good, they are few and far between.

Trust me, I've dealt with law enforcement everywhere for various reasons...and they will always respond to the rich or middle-class before they put priority on the poor. Afterall, we don't pay as much as the other people do.
Fear! drinker :tongue:

Just not worth my time to argue with you..,so don't call the cops ever. Both of you are making broad generalizations, and I learned a long time ago you can't reason with someone that's inflexible. I said there are good and bad cops. Think how ridiculous it is to say that ALL cops are bad...preposterous!
Think whatever you like. Funny though, you guys are among the same who are always negative about most anything! Good luck!

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 03:52 PM
Well, once again, broad generalizations appear here more often than a Bernie Madoff promise of excellent returns!laugh Sorry you had a bad experience...but one or even a dozen anecdotal incidents don't make your statement about reporting crimes true. In fact, the vast majority of crimes reported are treated properly. There are good cops and bad...but most are good and, indeed, protect and serve well. In the future, so you don't call the cops...that would be your loss But hey, it's your right. I know you're angry...but painting every law enforcement officer worldwide as a bad buy...seems a bit rash, doesn't it? :wink:

Gator76's photo
Mon 12/07/09 02:05 PM

You can't be too picky. It's good to know what you want and not settle for less. That way you're open for a time when the right one does come along. It always seems to be when you least expect it too.

How good of a friend would he be if you find him boring?

probably not! I was fine chatting with him online, but in real life, nope!

Well, I'm not saying don't be nice...but if you don't have or want even a friend connection with him...tell him. Do you really want to see and talk with him from time to time if you find him boring? No chemistry? Hey, there are 168 hours in a week...you get to choose how you spend 'em. Don't have to be cruel. But, yeah, be picky. You'll find your guy...stay positive. You can sense confidence and a positive attitude in guys, right? So, that works when someone meets you...STAY POSITIVE...you have a lot to offer!happy flowerforyou

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25