Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/18/09 07:59 AM

i quit smoking 2 weeks ago and it seems like all i think about is smoking a cigarette! lol will this urge ever go away?!

Congratulations and good luck. I quit April 29, 1972...still one of the smartest things I ever did! Get through this time and your chances are good...only you determine whether its "good bye" or "see you next time." flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/18/09 07:51 AM

I've got one left Gator, it's all yours. Funny enough the ones I have to eat next are Cinnamon raisin!

Ok...now if I can just pirate one of the Q-Man's turntables and mic...karaoke party! laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/18/09 07:45 AM

A toasted blueberry bagel with cream cheese. ohwell

Hmmm...loving sounds good...but so does that blueberry bagel...can I have a serving of each?laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/18/09 07:38 AM
First impressions can be lasting...but they can be misleading, too. What do you think when you meet someone that's otherwise all right, but you notice bad dandruff? Or halitosis that would kill small animals? But have circumstances beyond your control ever put you in a situation that you hoped people wouldn't make a first impression judgment? Long ago, as a reporter, I flew just for the day from D.C. to Miami to interview the CEO of Eastern Airlines...a kid on the plane threw mustard all over my suit, shirt and tie (the little monster). There wasn't a single person when I arrived at Eastern's offices that didn't raise an eyebrow when I walked in with my mustard stains. You can't explain fast enough...but I tried! laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/18/09 07:20 AM

When all else fails...go with the FACTS. This, verbatim, from the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta: See www.cdc.gov/flu for much more.

Can a flu shot give you the flu?
No, a flu shot cannot cause flu illness. The influenza viruses contained in a flu shot are inactivated (killed), which means they cannot cause infection. Flu vaccine manufacturers kill the viruses used in the vaccine during the process of making vaccine, and batches of flu vaccine are tested to make sure they are safe. In randomized, blinded studies, where some people get flu shots and others get salt-water shots, the only differences in symptoms was increased soreness in the arm and redness at the injection site among people who got the flu shot. There were no differences in terms of body aches, fever, cough, runny nose or sore throat.

Can a nasal spray flu vaccine give you the flu?
Unlike the flu shot, the nasal spray flu vaccine does contain live viruses. However, the viruses are attenuated (weakened) and cannot cause flu illness. The weakened viruses are cold-adapted, which means they are designed to only cause infection at the cooler temperatures found within the nose. The viruses cannot infect the lungs or other areas where warmer temperatures exist. Some children and young adults 2-17 years of age have reported experiencing mild reactions after receiving nasal spray flu vaccine, including runny nose, nasal congestion or cough, chills, tiredness/weakness, sore throat and headache. Some adults 18-49 years of age have reported runny nose or nasal congestion, cough, chills, tiredness/weakness, sore throat and headache. These side effects are mild and short-lasting, especially when compared to symptoms of seasonal influenza infection.
:smile:

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 08:55 PM
Thanks so much for your heartfelt and supportive comments for us. I have talked at some length with a couple people here...new friends! Sometimes we are blessed beyond our wildest expectations! Right now, I feel like I'm in a movie...I'm trying to contain myself...but it isn't easy! :wink: Only 160 hours
until we are together again...but who's counting? Thanks, Mingle friends! :heart:

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 06:47 PM

It's not always the ones we love, that love us back

It's not always the ones we trust, that trusts us

And it's not always the ones that we communicate with, the communicate back with us.

If I practice these things in the ALL relationships, I believe I stand a better chance in the long run of having this come back around from a special someone.

I can't think of a better plan! :wink:

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 06:42 PM

I too really don't believe that love is real...I mean I know we love our kids and parents heck even our animals....but I think we just settle for a life partner or wife husband and program ourselves to follow through

I am so sorry you feel this way...and that's not a criticism...I just find it sad. Love is real. I'm sorry you haven't found it or don't have it right now. Truly! But you are a beautiful woman...you are unique...there is only one of you...NEVER settle and stumble through life. Embrace every day...and I wish you the love of your life. :heart: flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 06:37 PM

"As this last breath leaves me
I am trying to be
What you're dying to see..."

This is really just out of curiosity. Apparently my idea that love doesn't exist is not widely popular, not that I wonder why...seems for the most part a lot of people fit the pen to the story and just write it before it happens. But this question isn't about that, or anything related to the opinions on my views.

I am apparently not savvy to the masses, more or less a lot of people probably can't invision dating me or being with me for more than maybe a week. Minus the few (I call them proud, but that makes me sound like the "Proud Parent" that I will never be), and taking into account majority opinion...should I change my views? And if so, why should I change them? If not, explain what about my views appeals to you.

My wish for you is for your happiness. You determine that...more than anyone. Your views and opinions are yours...and I respect them. Just try an keep an open mind...embrace yourself first..then others. flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 04:14 PM
:heart: Yes, and I could hear her smile over the phone!:heart: happy

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 02:21 PM
Washington, D.C.
"A Capital Offense"
&
Florida
"Hanging Chads...and Electrocuting the Rest"
&
Kansas
"First of the Rectangle States"

laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 11:30 AM

if there are 6 billion people

and half are women

that leaves three billion

and half are too young that leaves 1.5 billion

if half of them are married that leaves 750 million

and if half of them are ugly that leaves 375 million

and if half of them are mean old angry women that leaves 135 million

and if half of them are lezzybeans that leaves 67 or so million women

...still pretty good odds I would think

He's getting it, now plug the 67 or so million into your country...then you have to go off locale or where you will be living, severly limiting the 67 million. Besides, by basic math it would probably take you somewhere around 200 years to date 67 million people and that is if you take a date a day for four days out of the week for the rest of the 200 years.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Yeah, ain't it a drag when you start to apply science to matters of the heart. Seek and ye shall find!:wink:

Not seeking, don't care. Just leveling the playing field a bit. It is math by the way, not science.

So, you're the one with the grader! Life goes on...flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 11:20 AM

and half are women

He's getting it, now plug the 67 or so million into your country...then you have to go off locale or where you will be living, severly limiting the 67 million. Besides, by basic math it would probably take you somewhere around 200 years to date 67 million people and that is if you take a date a day for four days out of the week for the rest of the 200 years.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Yeah, ain't it a drag when you start to apply science to matters of the heart. Seek and ye shall find!:wink:

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 11:18 AM

and half are women

Are you kidding...with your obvious charm, wit and style...you're on the radar screens of at least
36,500...even at one a day...you got a long time and a lot to sort through...get busy! laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:58 AM

Is that saying true...There is someone for everyone?
Or do some miss out out the opportunity?

Two questions deserve two answers. Short answers are Yes, and Yes! With 6 billion people on the planet, you've got to be a pretty die-hard pessimist (and perhaps worse :wink: ) to think there isn't someone out there for you. I'm no psychic...but if you think there is...seems like that positive thought guides your actions. We all have choices. We all know bitter people - mean and women - whose misery knows no bounds. It starts with them...the Laws of Attraction. Pity. Some never move beyond the heartaches and terrible things that turned them bitter. We are complex, we humans! :wink: So some miss the opportunity. I hope for those who now see the darkest...light. Meanwhile, life goes on...and it is good! happy

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:37 AM
Thanks...flowerforyou
Kindness - whether a smile, a pat on the back, a hug, a wink...any caring acknowledgment of another - costs so little...and can make a difference in whether it's a good day or not. Maybe, just maybe, that person will pass it on! happy

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 08:33 AM
Attended University of Florida in 1968-69, then Air Force, returned in 1973 and was graduated in March 1976. Good times...:smile:

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 08:13 AM

Current homes:
D.C. = The Nation's Capital
Florida = The Sunshine State
(Those scamps in New Mexico stole Florida's)

Once lived in Delaware..."Small Wonder" People made so much fun of that...they changed it to "The First State"; And thankfully, Indiana changed from "Wander Indiana" when it brought mental images of people aimlessly walking in fields in the Midwest...laugh

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 07:49 AM

(((PKH)))flowerforyou Hope ya get to feelin better.

thank you,my sister passed but I know she's in a better place

My sincere condolences...cherish the good times! flowers

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/17/09 07:40 AM

:heart: Can you love without respect or do they go hand in hand?:heart:

Until recently I would have said absolutely not, I would have to respect someone to love them. One of my own children convinced me I was wrong.

I still love someone without respecting them go figure.

We can never live another's life. I guess yours is that unconditional love of a mother for a child...whose disappointment cannot be denied either.

Not as easy a question as we might have thought. For most...the two go hand in hand. And perhaps with you the respect and love were one. But do you quit loving someone you brought into the world...even if you don't respect their actions? I understand...and I am sorry for your disappointment. Like many things in life...not all things are true in all cases. Good luck...flowerforyou

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25