Community > Posts By > knoxman

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 10:52 AM
I guess this qualifies as a "Current Event".

What are your opinions on the writer's strike that's going on now?

Personally, I'm not affected. The only TV I watch is news, football, and old TV shows.

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 10:45 AM
Are you talking about Vince Foster, Duffy, or someone else? If it's someome else, I'd like to hear about it myself.

If Hillary's elected, I don't think she'll be the source of out problems, Forge, but I definitely think she'll be the continuation of them. I agree, tho, I see no solutions from her, either.

Anyone who's ever complained about Bush having "pre-selected" questions in interviews, who DOESN'T find anything wrong with Hillary doing the same thing, is a hypocrite.

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:26 AM
Oh, and I also agree with Dean about dating someone from work. BAD IDEA! Of course, having casual sex with someone from work is just as bad, if not worse.

Remember the words of ole Knox:

Never, EVER, dip your pen into the company ink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:23 AM
Hi HollyReneeflowerforyou

I'll be blunt about this. Remember, I'm not judging here, just throwing my two cents into the mix:

He's most definitely using you as a "booty call". But the worst thing about it is--you seem to be letting him.

With a situation like that, there's no way in the world he's going to commit to you. And frankly, why should he? He's getting exactly what he's looking for.

Honestly? If I were you, I'd tell him to hit the bricks. You seem like a nice person, someone who deserves better, and CAN do better than this. This guy seems to be a lost cause as far as a relationship goes.

As I said before, just throwing my two cents into the mix.

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:07 AM
And a HUGE "THANK YOU" to ALL veterans, and those serving now.

This country owes all of you a debt of gratitude that we can probably never repay.

Best wishes for continued success for all of you. Thank you once again.

knoxman:smile:

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:05 AM
Hey, Combatdrinker ,

Just checked your profile.

You didn't delete. GOOD!

Hope you keep it up. And best wishes to you in Basic:smile: !

knoxman

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:02 AM
Hey, I'm 45! Count me in!drinker

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:01 AM
I know, Jtevans. I stated that in my earlier posts. However, like I also said, 6-6 is no guarantee that you're going. 7-5 sometimes isn't, either, but 99 times out of 100, 7-5 teams go. So that's why I use a 7 win/7 loss scale.

6-6? Usually depends on whether or not any bowl slots are left.

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 06:55 AM
Guilani?

I think I'll take the advice of posters here who lived in NY during his time as mayor.

In other words, NO, THANKSnoway .

That's why I'm against Fred Thompson. I live in the state that he "represented" as a Senator. Errr....when they actually could drag his lazy carcass to a Senate meeting.

Like I said before, I'll vote for Edwards. He's nothing special, merely the best of a bad lot.

no photo
Mon 11/12/07 06:38 AM
Bowl eligible teams, updated, minimum 7 wins:

Air Force
Arizona State
Auburn
Boise State
Boston College
Cincinatti
Clemson
Connecticut
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Kansas
LSU
Michigan
Missouri
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn State
Purdue
Southern California
Texas
Texas Tech
Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wisconsin
CENTRAL FLORIDA
FLORIDA
KENTUCKY
NEW MEXICO
SOUTH FLORIDA
TENNESSEE
BRIGHAM YOUNG

Eliminated from bowl consideration, updated(7 losses):

Alabama-Birmingham
Baylor
Colorado State
Duke
Eastern Michigan
Florida International
Idaho
Iowa State
Louisiana-Lafayette
Marshall
Minnesota
Mississippi
North Texas
Northern Illinois
Notre Dame
Rice
Southern Methodist
Syracuse
Tulane
UNLV
Utah State
ARMY
KENT STATE
NEW MEXICO STATE
NORTH CAROLINA
STANFORD
TEMPLE
WASHINGTON
WESTERN MICHIGAN

And now, here's the latest batch of teams with 6 wins, looking for that magical 7th this weekend:

WAKE FOREST
FLORIDA STATE
GEORGIA TECH
TEXAS A&M
RUTGERS
IOWA
NORTHWESTERN
INDIANA
MICHIGAN STATE
EAST CAROLINA
HOUSTON
BOWLING GREEN
CENTRAL MICHIGAN
OREGON STATE
CALIFORNIA
FRESNO STATE
NAVY
SOUTH CAROLINA
ALABAMA
MISSISSIPPI STATE
ARKANSAS

And here are the 6-loss teams, hoping to avoid loss #7:

COLORADO
NEBRASKA
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS@EL PASO(UTEP)
BUFFALO
OHIO UNIVERSITY
AKRON
WASHINGTON STATE
MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE
LOUISIANA-MONROE
ARKANSAS STATE
LOUISIANA TECH
SAN JOSE STATE

Next week, in addition to the update, I'm also adding an "in limbo" section, for teams that finish 6-6. The season starts to wind down this weekend, with a lot of teams playing their season-ending games. As I've said before, 6-6 is iffy as to whether or not a team goes bowling(really depends on who the team in question is), so that's why I'll put them in a special category.

Hope your favorite team wins and goes bowling!

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 06:52 PM
Hey, maybe we'll see:

AJ Styles and Tomko vs Motor City Machine Guns.

Glad to see these two teams get wins tonight.

Gotta agree about Dustin--he's on the tail end of his career.

I swear, Jay Lethal does a better Randy Savage than Savage ever did.

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:59 PM
DALLAS COWBOYS 31
NEW YORK/JERSEY GIANTS 20

Two weeks in a row ole Knox's come staggeringly close on the score.

Original prediction:
Dallas 31, Giants 17

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:58 PM
DALLAS COWBOYS 31
NEW YORK/JERSEY GIANTS 20

Two weeks in a row ole Knox's come staggeringly close on the score.

Original prediction:
Dallas 31, Giants 17

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:55 PM
My favorite episode was the one where Lamont was trying to join a weekly card game. He invited them to play at the Sanford house, and he forbade Fred to interfere. Unbeknowest to Lamont, the guys were planning to "cut him up", which meant cheat to take Lamont's money. After they broke Lamont, despite Fred trying to repeatedly warn him, Fred gave Lamont $20 and told him to go to the store to buy everyone some beer. As soon as Lamont left, Fred "innocently" asked the guys to teach him how to play cards. Needless to say, by the time Lamont returned, the guys were gone--cleaned out by Fred, who had not only won all their money, but their clothes and jewelry as well!

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:50 PM
Hey, if anyone thinks Redd Foxx was a "dirty comedian", they should have heard LaWanda Page(Aunt Esther). My uncle had some of her albums, and let me listen to them when I was a kid. She made Foxx seem like a saint by comparison. But, make no mistake--Both of them, and the TV show, were hilariously funny. Still one of the best shows ever!

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 01:16 PM
oops, all caps, I meant DALLAS COWBOWS 31embarassed

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 01:15 PM
CONGRATS ALREADY, FOLKS!

Looks like Philly gets a win!

And since it's against Washington, I'm happy about that!

But now, it's time for the MAIN EVENT!

DALLAS COWBOYS #!
NEW YORK/JERSEY GIANTS 14

Congrats again, Philly fans!flowerforyou drinker

But, as always:

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 07:27 AM
Roll out and keep looking. Anytime a woman tells you, "Let's just be friends, and see what happens down the line", that's a surefire guarantee that NOTHING is going to happen down the line.

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 07:24 AM
Maybe she was busy that day. Ask again, the worst that can happen is she says no. If she DOES say no again, make sure she's got your number, and tell her to call you when she can go out again. If she calls, great, if she doesn't......well, at least you'll know, and that way, you won't be wasting your time chasins someone who's not really interested.

Whatever happens, good luck to you.

no photo
Sun 11/11/07 07:01 AM
Carlito'll probably end up making more money as a guaranteed main-eventer in his father's WWC promotion in Puerto Rico than he would as a lower mid-carder in WWE. They've got him losing to developmental (training-school)guys at house shows now. A sure sign the end is near.

He's a unique talent, and I'm sorry to see him go.