Community > Posts By > DrRob

DrRob's photo
Wed 04/28/10 08:31 AM

Well.. I'm not a guy but I have friends that are gay... both male and female... And I'm cool with it

well said...me too...drinker

ill third that motion :thumbsup:

DrRob's photo
Wed 04/28/10 08:24 AM
wow...how sad it is...

even a squirrel takes better care of its brethren than the new yorkers who let that poor man die.

thanks for sharing this Wolf.

DrRob's photo
Wed 04/28/10 08:09 AM

Is Lady GaGa really a man??

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=IljmjabjUP0&feature=related

this Barbara Walters interview should answer your question :wink:

DrRob's photo
Wed 04/28/10 05:58 AM

If more people would do this just ONCE A DAY, what a differance it could bring.

i do it all the time.
i was doing it since i was 23,and dont plan on stopping anytime soon.
and i agree,it would be great to see more people doing it.

the movie is truly inspirational as well.:thumbsup:

DrRob's photo
Wed 04/28/10 05:53 AM
actually,i didnt say anything.
i posted the article in hopes of getting more educated replies,so as i could learn a bit.

ty for your reply as well.

my question does still stand unanswered tho.

if GS is found guilty in civil court,will they then be brought to criminal court?

ps,Slowhand..while i agree with you,what are the odds of such a thing happening?

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:57 PM
i apologize if this has already been covered.
i did look thru the list,and did not see it.
just wondering what your opinions are of the wall street mess.

1. This is a weak case. Actually, no — its a very strong case. Based upon what is in the SEC complaint, parts of the case are a slam dunk. The claim Paulson & Co. were long $200 million dollars when they were actually short is a material misrepresentation — that’s Rule 10b-5, and its a no-brainer. The rest is gravy.

2. Robert Khuzami is a bad-***, no-nonsense, thorough, award-winning prosecutor. This guy is the real deal — he busted terrorist rings, broke up the mob, took down security frauds. He is now the director of SEC enforcement. He is fearless, and was awarded the Attorney General’s Exceptional Service Award (1996), for “extraordinary courage and voluntary risk of life in performing an act resulting in direct benefits to the Department of Justice or the nation.”

When you prosecute mass murderers who use guns and bombs and threaten your life, and you kick their ***** anyway, you ain’t afraid of a group of billionaire bankers and their spreadsheets. My advice to anyone on Wall Street in his crosshairs: If you are indicted in a case by Khuzami, do yourself a big favor, and settle.

3. Goldman lost $90 million, hence, they are innocent. This is a civil, not a criminal case. Hence, any mens read — guilty mind — does not matter. Did they or did they not violate the letter of the law? That is all that matters, regardless of what they were thinking — or their P&L.

4. ACA is a victim in this case. Not exactly; they were an active participant in ratings gaming. Look at the back and forth between Paulson’s selection and ACA's management. Fifty-five items in the synthetic CDO were added and removed. Why?

What ACA was doing was gaming the ratings agencies for their investment grade, Triple-A ratings approval. Their expertise (if you can call it that) was knowing exactly how much junk they could include in the CDO to raise yield, yet still get investment grade from Moody’s or S&P. They are hardly an innocent party in this.

5. This was only one incident. The market sure as hell doesn’t think so — it whacked 15 percent off Goldman’s market cap. The aggressive SEC posture, the huge reaction from Goldie, and the short-term market verdict all suggest there is more coming.

If it were only this one case, and there was nothing else worrisome behind it, Goldman would have written a check and quietly settled this. Their reaction (some say overreaction) belies that theory. I suspect this is a tip of the iceberg, with lots more problematic synthetics behind it.

And not just at Goldman Sachs. I suspect the kids over at Deutsche Bank, Merrill and Morgan are working furiously to review their various CDO deals.

6. The timing of this case is suspect. More coincidental, really. The Wells notice (notification from the SEC they intend to recommend enforcement) was over eight months ago. The White House is not involved in the timing of the suit itself, it is a lower-level staff decision.

7. This is a complex case. Again, no. Parts of it are a little more sophisticated than others, but this is a simple case of fraud/misrepresentation. The most difficult part of this case is likely to turn on what is a “material omission.” Paulson’s role in selecting mortgages may or may not be material — that is an issue of fact for a jury to determine. But complex? Not even close.

8. The case looks thin. What we see in the complaint is the bare minimum the prosecutor has to reveal to make their case. What you don’t see are all the e-mails, depositions, interrogations, phone taps, etc. that the prosecutors know about and Goldman Sachs does not. During the litigation discovery process, this material slowly gets turned over (some is held back if there are other pending investigations into Goldman Sachs).

Going back to who the prosecutor in this case is: His legal reputation is he is very thorough, very precise, meticulous litigator. If he decided to recommend bringing a case against the biggest, baddest investment house on Wall Street bank, he certainly has a major arsenal of additional evidence you don’t know about. Yet.

Typically, at a certain point the lawyers will tell their client that the evidence is overwhelming and advise settling. That is around six to 12 months after the suit has begun.

9. This case is political. I keep hearing that phrase, due to the SEC party vote. It is incorrect. What that means is the case is not political, it means it has been politicized as a defense tactic. There is a huge difference between the two.

10. I’m not a lawyer, but . . . Then you should not be ignorantly commenting on securities litigation.

I have $1,000 against any and all comers that GS does not win — they settle or lose in court. Any takers? My money is already in escrow — waiting for yours to join it. Winnings go to the charity of the winner's choice.

Barry Ritholtz is the author of "Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy." His blog is The Big Picture.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

okay..i do have one question
if they are found guilty in civil court,will the next step be criminal court?

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 09:56 PM
the movie was Awesome.
i watch it again every once in a while.
wish more people would Pay it Forwards.

do 1 thing for 3 people,with no rewards of any kind.
but it has to be something important..

then,the 3 people you helped out have to pay it forwards to 3 more people EACH.

it could get big pretty quick,if people tried.

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 08:58 PM
Edited by DrRob on Tue 04/27/10 09:43 PM

you need to rake it...
add some mag's....
and dont forget the streamer's !drinker

dunno bout the streamers,but heres the 3 speed chopper i built a few summers ago.
please ignore the rust,i know,i gotta clean it up..winter is brutal on these..

so i joined photobucket so i could load the pics..and,it doesnt work..wth....
ive edited this damm post so many times i lost count.
just copy and paste if you want to see the chopper,cause i cannot get it to work right here.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab309/robwashere/Robs%20pics/100_1120.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab309/robwashere/Robs%20pics/100_1118.jpg

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 12:49 PM
Excellent reply Sir.
inmates..again,excellent idea.

an id card would be a great start.
one that cannot be easily faked.

the arresting of the employers,is exactly what i meant.
then,like you said,it would only be a matter of time.

also,if the govt was serious,they would post soldiers/reserves on the border.

its Amazing how they are so careful about our borders with canada,and you cannot even get on a plane anymore without being scanned and searched-->yet the mexican border is wide open.
makes no logical sense,does it?

and last but not least.
some of you seem to think the illegals should have rights...WHY?
they came to this country Knowing they are illegals,that means they are Knowingly breaking the Laws and therefore why on earth should they receive the rights of americans?

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:43 AM

thank you rob, the feeling is mutual

as for the racial angle, I did slightly include that previously. I can admit (due to geography only) that the largest majority of illegal immigrants will be mexican (lets put it out there).

My objection, at least the image that hangs in my head, is the idea that because of this,, ALL americans which 'look' mexican will have to prove citizenship upon request,rather they are in commission of some legal violation or not. It quite reminds me of how freed blacks had to carry proof that noone owned them.

It, in my opinion, is a scary and unnecessary reality when what should be done is tackling all those who are benefitting MOST from illegal immigration(and its not the immigrants). rather the business and private citizens who continue to exploit their status for their own financial benefit. Crack down from the top and dont build the laws around ethnicity.

okay,i agree most especially about the Labor/companies who exploit these people.
if we took away their incentives to use these illegals,then things Might change.

unfortunately,and i say this very seriously,i really dont think you can have one without the other.

in other words,these companies will keep on doing business till they get caught AND punished.

so,in order to alleviate the problem,the illegals must be removed from the equation.

its a 2 edged sword,in other words.

and the illegals are most definitely not losing out here..they get paid,they have Our jobs..
many of them send money back home,where they can live comfortably.
they work seasonly,and return knowing that their jobs are secure,only because they will work for a lower wage.
some of them are receiving benefits!! which is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of.

meanwhile 10 % of americans are unemployed.
whos really getting hurt here?

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:25 AM

Dr Rob,, quite frankly , Mexico SUCKS. I would never want to live there because of so much corruption , poverty , and crime, but this thread was about immigration here in AMERICA.

I dont see why , as an American, I cant point out racism or unfair practice here at home without being compelled to aknowledge that it exists (and even worse) in other places...that is a given.

This country though, I hold to a certain standard of fairness. This country is and has been through its history, culturally(or quite bluntly racially) diverse compared to others. In Japan, an immigrant will probably stand out because they are so ethnically monolithic. In America, however, that is not the case. We have AMERICANS of all ethnicities and colors and shades. And to react to a rising problem that, I can admit, exists predominately of members in one group, by allowing police to be turned on ALL members of that group just because they look like members,, is akin to a racial manhunt.

like one poster stated , something about knowing what a deer 'looks like' before you go hunting

Instead of truly making a dent in the problem, it will only further divide the country along ethnic lines.....while big corporations , banks, and private citizens continue to exploit cheap labor and easy money. Immigration laws need to START from the top, not at the end. THe laws we have would work well enough if they were ENFORCED. If AZ truly wanted to make a difference they would make their primary objective shutting down those who are soliciting and enjoying the labor and money of illegal immigrants. Get rid of the motivation to commit the crime,, the criminals will decrease in number. Instead of making it some ETHNIC war against one group of people.

msHarmony,first off id like to say i respect you immensely,ive read your posts many times,and agreed with much of what you say.

i also dont like how some people feel the need to insult others to make a point,or while making their point.
i respect peoples rights to their own opinions.

having said that,i must also point out my previous post,where i covered the racial angle.

i wish you had replied to that one,instead.
cheers,Rob

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:15 AM

I burned my eyelashes once!! But, I can't even begin to describe how that happened!!blushing

which of course makes me ask you
what happened?
:banana:

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:12 AM
agrees with Melody definitely..
ive given up looking anymore,and we will see how that theory works out.

anybody taking bets?
lol..

G/L with your search OP.

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:07 AM

The sad part is lots of peeps here really wished for them to be happy with sincere posts.

Bah! Showmances.... I saw it coming

i know..i was one of those people,i did too..
and yes,i saw it too.
but i still wished them the best..and still do.
probably wont be with each other,but the worlds a mighty big place.

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 10:32 AM
i kinda wondered what happened too..lotta hoopla leading up to it,n then nada.

i will say this,and feel free to tell me off..but its my opinion.

there for awhile,she had a thing on her picture,that said scotts future.

that right there,is the kind of thing that makes me personally,very nervous.

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 10:07 AM
Edited by DrRob on Tue 04/27/10 10:08 AM
also,after reading Andys post,just above mine.

{ wowsa,i didnt even notice there was 9 pages of this till after i posted ! }

anyways,hes got a valid point.
aside from the Tourism-tourists spots,do you Really think mexico-people like having americans around in their country?

have you heard of the murders,robberies,beatings and etc of americans in mexico?

my point is,mexico,in no way,is as friendly to americans as americans have been friendly to them.

and if you want to cry racism,then please,use common sense,and Apply it to Both countries.

again,just my .02

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 09:59 AM

pick WHO up is the question,,,anyone who looks hispanic? in that case anyone who looks british or canadian? how do you SUSPECT someone of being illegal just by SEEING them? its a scary slope to start sliding down,,,,,,

If someone has broken a law and must show id,, that is one thing. But showing ID because you 'look' like an immigrant is totally infringing upon the right of every law abiding citizen who may happen to have enough immigrant blood to 'look' the part...

well,to be honest,lets think about this for a second.

as far as a Majority of the people coming from across the border goes,what nationality ARE they?

i think you have to admit the problem here,and its not Racial,its Common sense.

they are illegal immigrants..i could care less if they are hispanic,green,purple whatever..but!

the Truth is,they are mostly brown hispanic people.

so who do You Think the cops are gonna be on the lookout for?

and,i also like the comment about the various roadblacks and checkpoints too.

that singles out no-one but the drivers who happen to be there,right place,wrong time.

im sure this has already been said..i just wanted to say my piece.
or was it...peace...

DrRob's photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:43 AM
when i wash my clothes,where do all the socks go?

DrRob's photo
Sat 04/24/10 08:30 PM

Not naive..fool hearty, yes. I trust until I am given a reason not to,
I have been told maybe I am going about that the opposite way. I will give the benefit of the doubt, but when I am betrayed..I have no problem walking away. Every one get a shot with me...if they blow it they lose a very loyal and caring friend.

wish more people were like that :thumbsup:

DrRob's photo
Sat 04/24/10 08:25 PM
well,i worked this morning,then came home thought about doing some truck stuff n took a nap.
a reallllly long nap..
like a snow white n the 7 dwarfs type nap....yikes
slaphead
now im jammin my music and reading your post and wishing you and the rest of yall a Sunny sunday shades

the end bigsmile

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 19 20