Community > Posts By > nanafry

nanafry's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:34 AM
Yes, and it can be heaven for short periods of time. If you have too much silence in your life, you are not living life.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 12:58 PM
Edited by nanafry on Fri 05/30/08 01:00 PM
my ex would come home drunk, trash the house then pass out, when I told him about he called me a liar, so I didn't clean up the messes anymore then he finally got it,when he started hitting me instead of throwing or messing things up, I left him, he just didn't care which is why he is my ex.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 10:02 AM
gross

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:55 AM
Been 5 yrs since my husband passed and it is getting easier to just live life, but dating sucks.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:20 AM
WE AT HEAD START ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE FOR OUR PARENTS TO HAVE BETTER LIVES FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR CHILDREN. WE ARE REWARDED BUT HAVING PARENTS TRY TO GET US FIRED IF THEY DON'T LIKE US AND BY THEIR CHILDREN USING US AS THEIR PERSONAL WHIPPING POSTS. BESIDE THE FACT THAT MOST OF US WORK FOR A WHOLE LOT LESS THAN WE DESERVE.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:16 AM
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. HEAD START IS FREE AND WE OFFER TONS OF HELP, CLASSES, TRAINING, INTERVENTION AND ANYTHING THAT WOULD HELP THESE PARENTS AND THE ABUSE OF TEACHERS BY 3 TO 5 YR OLDS STILL CONTINUES.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:12 AM
Edited by nanafry on Fri 05/30/08 08:14 AM
Hey everone out there, I do not and did not like spanking my children, I JUST KNOW THAT IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING WITH THE BEHAVIORS OF THESE YOUNG CHILDREN MANY OF THEM WILL GROW UP TO BE THUGS AND CRIMINALS AS NO ONE IS TELLING THEM WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE IS TELLING THEM BECAUSE THEY MIGHT GET THE POLICE CALLED ON THEM FOR "ABUSING THEIR KIDS" WHY BECAUSE WE HAVE TOLD THEM THEY ARE BEING ABUSED IF THEY DON'T GET THEIR WAY!!!

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:08 AM
SO, tell me how to get parents to read and understand.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:55 AM
Edited by nanafry on Fri 05/30/08 07:57 AM
books are great, have my credentials in child care and in the books it tells you start them young with positive discipline. Problem is parents don't read the books, and children are now programmed to report anything they think is abuse. No one wants to hit their children, at least I didn't.

Time outs they have found can have a bad psychological impact on children as well besause time outs are a kind of segregation and labeling the child as bad, so the other children can see.

I also believe they see WAY too much violence on tv, but have you ever watched the news.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:43 AM
I don't judge u, I just know that ppl who don't have children get defensive cause they have never been in the situation.

have been in child raising for a lot of years and what is happening with our young children nowadays SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME

As I said before these out of control little ones will one day be deciding what your life will be like.

Kinda scary when you look at it that wayfrown frown frown

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:38 AM
Try being in a room full of children who have been led to believe it's okay to hit whoever they want.

And do you spend 24/7 with this child, probably not.

Do you have any of your own children???????
Probably not!

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:33 AM

" by spanking I mean a swat on the heiny, not a beating. Children should never be beaten no matter what they have done. There is a VERY THIN LINE between discipline and abuse and most of us know the difference."

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:31 AM
" by spanking I mean a swat on the heiny, not a beating. Children should never be beaten no matter what they have done. There is a VERY THIN LINE between discipline and abuse and most of us know the difference."

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:29 AM

Just what do u take away as punishment these days? I see my daughter struggle with ways to discipline her children. Almost every child in the US has tv or some other electronics in their bedroom, and how do you take away activities they are involved in that are supposed to teach them how to get along or play by the rules????

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:27 AM
Just what do u take away as punishment these days? I see my daughter struggle with ways to discipline her children. Almost every child in the US has tv or some other electronics in their bedroom, and how do you take away activities they are involved in that are supposed to teach them how to get along or play by the rules.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:20 AM
As a Head Start teacher I am dealing with children on a daily basis, some of them are tyrants who think they are entitled to do whatever they like to anyone. I see parents abused by their children on a daily basis and find very disheartening to know that NO ONE has any control over these children. I once talked to a parent about their child who hit me regularly and was appalled when the parent laughed about it. It really makes me wonder what is going on in these children's homes, and when did it become OK to hit your parents and teachers???

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:13 AM
I spanked my children, I DID not abuse them, spanking was a last resort and only used after I had talked myself to death trying to get their attention. All of them have grown into wonderful and caring parents who like me only spank as a last resort.

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:07 AM
It is sad, but what would be worse: lettting the child run amuck or getting the child to behave and learn what is acceptable and what is not acceptable????????????????

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:58 AM
Way 2 go, Lex. Drop me a line and let me know how u r doin.

nana

nanafry's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:24 AM
Who wouldn'tbigsmile

Previous 1 3 4