Community > Posts By > feelyoungagain

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 11:05 PM

He has it going on.... The looks, the attitude, the "devil may care" attitude...
But, why are you attracted to that?
Or not?
Is it because he is hard to get?
It would be nice if non posting Minglers would share... :smiley:

I like bad boys because I'm stupid. LOL For me it's the allure and knowing that I will always be protected. They'll go to any length to keep their lady safe. I know it's not going to work; hence the reason I'm stupid. LOL That's not to say I've only dated bad boys, but that's my explanation for the times that I have.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 11:02 PM

maybe he just decided he did not want to deal with someone who was not yet actually divorced

That would do it, especially if he didn't know right away!

Deception never works.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 11:02 PM

maybe he just decided he did not want to deal with someone who was not yet actually divorced

LOL That's no excuse; especially since the interaction was obviously still going on. Besides, whatever the reason, there is no excuse for not communicating. Now, if the person died or somehow ended up in a coma, well then there's that.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 11:00 PM

I just got stood up today why do men do this . I’m a 54 yr old women . It’s just sad no matter the age . I’m hurt not the first time adI’m sure not the last ! :frowning2:

Perhaps cold feet or simply being a coward. Don't worry about the why; just look at it as a blessing in disguise.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 11:00 PM

Sorry to hear that. However, it's not just men that stand people up. Women are just as bad. I remember one in 2007 (I know this because I was listening to a CD that had just been released while while waiting) that called me to say she was running a little late because she'd gotten hung up at work.

I sat in my car in the diner parking lot listening to music. Finished the CD and gave her a call. No answer. Went to voicemail. Tried once more about 15 minutes later and got voicemail again. This time I left a message thanking her for wasting my time.

Not only was I stood up, she had the opportunity to tell me she wasn't going to make it. laugh

You finished a CD? Wow! You have more patience than I do. Sorry to hear it happened, and yes, it's not only men who stand up dates.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:58 PM

I just got stood up today why do men do this . I’m a 54 yr old women . It’s just sad no matter the age . I’m hurt not the first time adI’m sure not the last ! :frowning2:

Don't take it personally. It has NOTHING to do with you. He's a jerk and that is on him, not you. Women do it too. It is hurtful and frustrating, but revel in the fact that this jerk did not come into your life and hurt you in other ways. He is clearly not the caliber of a man you want. Moving on Haha It's happened to me too and who knows why.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:55 PM

If Love Is Blind,
Why then do we fall in Love?

Because... love is blind! LOL Jokes aside, if you've ever been in love, there are many reasons we fall in love. It could be how the other person makes you feel, what you love and cherish about the other person, etc.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:53 PM

Why do you say this? If you are in a relationship with the right person, I bet you will enjoy it

My parents have been married over 50 years. Do you think they were happily married all of those years? Hell no they weren't.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:52 PM

My goal is to not be in one.

I'm with you on that one. Maybe one day, but definitely not now.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:51 PM

Why do you say this? If you are in a relationship with the right person, I bet you will enjoy it

Not necessarily. There is no guarantee.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:50 PM
Make a list and place them in order of priority. Make sure it is specific and decide what is negotiable and what is not. Adjust as needed. Good luck!

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:45 PM
It does for some

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:45 PM

I wouldn't know because I have never had a "relationship" with any woman in my life - I don't even know what it is or what it means and no woman has ever been able to explain it to me. I have no concept of it at all. I can tell you I was going to get married to a woman in Florida in the mid 80s and my mother called her the night before our wedding and confessed that she was an intravenous drug addict with Hep C. So my marriage never happened and I never got over it. I lost my job and home and everything. I couldn't even function at work. I've not had a single girlfriend ever since then. I don't think the damage will ever go away because my mom won't apologize and make amends. She is in complete denial about it. This is part of the reason I hate drug addict American women so much. My mother is one of them!

But you have had a relationship-- with the woman you were going to marry.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:43 PM

Had all that but those solutions dont work for my heart. Broke up after 18 years. Cant shake the limbo feeling unless i stay busy. Suggest you stay busy till you pass out ;)

Grief is different for everyone and not everyone heals or moves forward. There is no answer or solution, you just have to live every day the best you can. You can still have a meaningful life. You can still have companionship w/o getting into a serious relationship. Lots of men are looking for that as well.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:43 PM

Had all that but those solutions dont work for my heart. Broke up after 18 years. Cant shake the limbo feeling unless i stay busy. Suggest you stay busy till you pass out ;)

Grief is different for everyone and not everyone heals or moves forward. There is no answer or solution, you just have to live every day the best you can. You can still have a meaningful life. You can still have companionship w/o getting into a serious relationship. Lots of men are looking for that as well.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:41 PM

Grab yourself a younger upgrade and go to town. Your pain will pass on no time. You'll be ok, don't stress

Been there done that. Can't say it didn't work. LOL

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:40 PM
Therapy, positive support system, spirituality, and definitely not putting any expectations or pressure on yourself. Also, do not compare yourself to others. The healing process is different for everyone and some people never fully recover. I hope you recover and find that happiness again. Don't rush it. It's a process.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:35 PM

Yeah. Just keep track of the names so you don't get them confused and run them off, and don't talk about your other candidates. It's tacky and a turn-off. That's a conversation you have with your buddies. What I do is simple and it works. Whenever I meet someone on a site or in person, I tell them upfront that I play the field. I make it clear that I am not willing to commit to one person. One is to make sure they are okay with that before deciding to continue to get to know me and it also shows that I am honest and respectful of the other person's feelings. Second is to avoid any surprises should I be spotted in public with another man. Good luck!

Then again, I'm single, so...

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:34 PM

Ladies /Guys

Is it possible for someone finding Love/Friend while chatting / being in contact with dozens of canndidates?

I wouldn't recommend dozens. Maybe a few until you decide which woman is the best fit for you. Just make sure you tell them upfront that you are dating other women. Do not string anyone along and certainly not under false pretenses.

feelyoungagain's photo
Fri 07/31/20 10:32 PM
Yeah. Just keep track of the names so you don't get them confused and run them off, and don't talk about your other candidates. It's tacky and a turn-off. That's a conversation you have with your buddies. What I do is simple and it works. Whenever I meet someone on a site or in person, I tell them upfront that I play the field. I make it clear that I am not willing to commit to one person. One is to make sure they are okay with that before deciding to continue to get to know me and it also shows that I am honest and respectful of the other person's feelings. Second is to avoid any surprises should I be spotted in public with another man. Good luck!