Community > Posts By > SupremeMe1

no photo
Fri 05/04/18 12:38 AM
Besides your own comments, where do you see the word tragedy in this thread?

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 11:28 PM
God is both male and female. I think we call it transgender these days. He is male at most times but during certain holidays, he approaches us more closely by descending lower and takes on a female nurturing form to be closer to us.

Eve came from Adam's side, not his rib.

"If the appropriate translation is that God removed Adam’s side, how much of his side did God remove? It is possible that Eve was constructed literally from half of Adam. This would bring added meaning to Adam’s declaration that Eve was 'bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh' (Genesis 2:23)."

God used Adam’s rib to form Eve to show that they were actually the same created being, two halves of a whole. The female was not created as a separate being, second to the male. She was formed as part of the initial man, in order to be a “helper suitable” for the male (Genesis 2:18).

Woman, therefore, was created as a complement to man, as an integral part of man, and as a powerful and influential companion for man.

Furthermore, the Hebrew word translated “suitable,” kenegdow, carries much more meaning than simply “fit” or “appropriate.” This word also means “opposite or contrasting.” This implies that the two beings were designed to work and fit together perfectly, not just physically but in all ways. The strengths of each compensated for the weaknesses of the other. It was “not good” for the man to be alone (Genesis 2:18), but, together, Adam and Eve were something far stronger and more magnificent than either of them could have been alone. Adam had to lose a rib, but he gained so much more.

Whether God created Eve from Adam’s rib or from his whole side, He accomplished the act in such a way that showed the woman was to complement and complete man in the integral union of marriage. Woman was created to be “beside” man, not beneath or above him. In salvation, man is no more “worthy” and woman is no less a citizen of God’s kingdom.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Adams-rib.html

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 10:47 PM

I wasnt gonna say it, but I thought the same about the description of 'tragedy', being the average life span for american women is around 80.

Many First Ladies lived into their 90s, so the average age for them is 90. It is always sad to see someone pass away, even if they have advanced to a great age or an age that is beyond the average.

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 10:30 PM

The article showed the Carter pictures separately. Misleading.

You're right.

"The only other living former president who did not attend the service was Jimmy Carter. A spokesman for the 93-year-old former president said Carter was on a trip abroad, while his wife, Rosalynn, was recovering from recent surgery."

Yeah, Carter has no respect for the office he once held.

Was Trump there?

Sitting Presidents traditionally send their wives to the funerals of former First Ladies. Melania Trump attended Barbara Bush's funeral.

oh, so we are talking disrespect of a symbolic tradition, more than we are saying simply not attending is the same as disrespecting. Okay. I can get with that. Not quite the same, imho, as disrespecting the dead though. That would be showing up, speaking ill of them, or doing some other overt or foul action.

It's not meant to be disrespectful. There is a tradition that sitting Presidents do not attend the funerals of former First Ladies.

This is an excerpt from the following article (see link below), which explains the reason behind the tradition:

"The White House told the BBC Trump wouldn't attend 'to avoid disruptions due to added security, and out of respect for the Bush Family.'

Trump's absence isn't unusual for a sitting president. The last president to attend a first lady's funeral was John F. Kennedy, who went to Eleanor Roosevelt's service in 1962.

Former president Barack Obama did not attend Nancy Reagan's funeral in 2016 or Betty Ford's in 2011, and Bill Clinton did not attend the funeral of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Clinton did speak at a graveside service for her at Arlington National Cemetery in 1994."

http://usat.ly/2qOAxOr

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 12:26 PM
Camille Cosby is now trying to start a desperate case against her husband's prosecutors, accusing them of corruption and collusion to ruin Bill Cosby. Wow, Bill Cosby did an excellent job with her. He treats her like a mushroom (like many cheating men do to their wives), keeps her in the dark and feeds her bullshiat. And she keeps eating up his lies and crap.

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 12:11 PM
I cannot believe that more than 60 women conspired to ruin Cosby with their allegations against him. You are just like Cosby's wife, in shock and denial.

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 12:04 PM
Happy Birthday!!! :tada: :balloon: :gift: :birthday: Have an amazing day!

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 11:55 AM

The article showed the Carter pictures separately. Misleading.

You're right.

"The only other living former president who did not attend the service was Jimmy Carter. A spokesman for the 93-year-old former president said Carter was on a trip abroad, while his wife, Rosalynn, was recovering from recent surgery."

Yeah, Carter has no respect for the office he once held.

Was Trump there?

Sitting Presidents traditionally send their wives to the funerals of former First Ladies. Melania Trump attended Barbara Bush's funeral.

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 11:46 AM
Excellent points but I want to point out what Notbeold mentioned about displacing marine life. We have overrun this planet as humans, using the land of the native animals for farming and our own habitation, eating and consuming everything in sight. Many animals and sea life have become extinct as a result. We need to make these advances and innovations without usurping the space of marine life and animals, showing respect for their space and valuing them.

Richard Branson is on the pulse with his space programs and travel programs. Currently he is working on launching the hyperloop. The idea of the transport system — conceived in 2013 by Musk, the head of both electric automaker Tesla and SpaceX — works by propelling pods through tubes using magnets reaching speeds akin to those of airplanes.

Who else is on par with Branson and Musk today and what are their contributions?

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 02:28 AM
Great suggestions, everyone. I hope to hear from more of you. Maybe more intellectual giants will post here and surprise me. I know this topic is challenging.

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 01:40 AM
Prince Henry and Meghan

no photo
Thu 05/03/18 01:31 AM
Here's a beautiful photo of Prince Henry (Harry) and Meghan. His official name is Henry, undoubtedly named after his long line of famous ancestors, the kings of England. Harry is his nickname.

Prince Henry and Meghan

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 11:21 PM
Let us all pray

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 11:10 PM
Cough hypocrisy cough

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 11:00 PM
So quick to criticize me but silent when it comes to criticising a man for the same thing. No gender bias there. Yeah

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 10:55 PM

So you agree with your buddy that it's the women who create the misery?
[/quote
Let's just leave the gender bias aside. Thank you.
I don't agree I know! I have bee on this planet for 50 years and I seen a lot. 50 / 50 roughly

Then it's only fair to give your buddy the same lecture you gave me or you are adding to the bias.

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 10:25 PM
So you agree with your buddy that it's the women who create the misery?

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 10:04 PM
Edited by SupremeMe1 on Wed 05/02/18 10:07 PM

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 10:04 PM
Edited by SupremeMe1 on Wed 05/02/18 10:08 PM
As for your song choice link, this is a far superior song by Nazareth, Stu.

Telegram - Nazareth

no photo
Wed 05/02/18 09:48 PM
Urmmm, what is the reason why the women are compelled to kick the men to the curb? Women don't create the misery, it's the cheating men who invite the boot who do.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9