I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 01/30/20 12:05 PM

Either both sides call witnesses or neither. Dems only want a couple of their choosing!! I would like to know a lot more about Burisma and Hunter Biden! The whole Ukrainian story over the years is not very good!!

Trump's daughter works at the White House
Her husband works at the White House
Rudy's son works at the White House
Barr's daughter works at the Treasury
Barr's son-in-law works at the White House
Trump's sons do foreign business
His daughter is getting Chinese patents and Saudi grants

But, sure..let's talk about Biden....

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 01/27/20 05:37 PM

There are a lot of those men on Mingle. They are angry, bitter, seem to only see their side of the divorce and seem to have an anti-women attitude, despite being on a dating site. They are best left alone when discovered. Hopefully they'll just dry up and go away (or get some much-need counseling).

I have run across *many* apparent "anti-men" women in my age group, socially.
They don't want to date, or ever get married again, make with snide remarks ("all they want is a nurse or a purse")...
I refuse to be around negativity like that...

You (the genric "you) are free to feel however you choose, but I also have the right not to listen to or be around such people.

We don't like it when *men* make blanket statements about women, but apparently it is tolerated when women do it about men. sad2

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 01/24/20 03:20 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Fri 01/24/20 03:21 PM

We need to get our economy to where there is very little need for social programs to help most people. The best social program is a job for everyone!

Two things:

(1.) You best be thankful there IS Social Security and medicare as you get older..
Back before there wwere such programs...old people were relegated yo "homes", or shu ted between various family member..something that can;r readily happen these days, and can't be done if one was adopted and doesn;t have amny extended family....or was an onloychild and have no extended family of their owm

I have volunteered at nursing homes in the past...and many of those people DO have family within 50 miles..but they can't be bothered...
One shouldn;t have to live out their days with someone that can't stand having them around and resents them being there....
Social Security and low-income housing for seniors helps make sure they can live independantly.

(2.) Sure...a job for everyone..
You mean a minimum wage job at WalMart or any numer of other places, where many of the full-time workers still need food stamps to get by?
Oh..get a second (and third) job, you say?
Fine....but you'd better hope your various bosses will work with your schedules, allow travel time, and you have enough time off to care for your family, get enough sleep, and so forth.

Most jobs that have been created lately are low-paying service type jobs....
Not everyone has the intelligence to attaend college...so,that is not a panacea to fix the problem for all people, especially older workers..
We need good paying jobs, with benefits, so people can work *one* full time job, raise a family....put some aside for an emergency...
Also?
Nowadys, teachers have to buy classroom supplies out of their own pocket....something they didn't have to do in years past..

Many of the goods paying jobs that people used to have were sent overseas under Bush Sr....he should have put his foot down about that...

But, we're never going to agree...so, I'm done here..

Peace.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 01/24/20 10:22 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Fri 01/24/20 10:24 AM

But, sweetie...we are NOT talking about govenrment throwing you money away (do you include useless, long-running wars in that catagory?)...or "so someone else could have a better lifestyle without earning it", or "to support those who are unwilling to support themselves"....
We are talking about programs that people paid into all their working lives being cut...

The only programs I can think of that people or someone on their behalf paid into are workman's comp, unemployment insurance, medicare, and social security. I sincerely doubt any of those will be actually cut. I can see requiring more years of paying into SS and Medicare for the benefits. I can see an increase in my medicare premiums. I can see using a different COLA to reduce benefit growth. The problem is that there is not enough money coming into those programs to sustain them for the long term. This is an issue Congress should have addressed many years ago but they will not until the crisis is here. Most of the dems only want to raise taxes while most of the repubs want to reduce the benefits. The actual answers are somewhere in between but compromise in Congress is a dirty word seldom spoken. You can see this in the dems reaction to Trump's suggestion he is open to looking at changes. It is exactly the headline you used and is only to score political points!!!!!!

So..you are perfeclly OK with your tax dollars being thrown away on endless, useless wars...?
We've been in the Middle East for *how* many years now?
Have we settled anything?
Resolved anything?
Nope...that area is a tinderbox, and we should leave it alone..and focus on using the oil we now EXPORT from this country (to sell on the world market, while *importing* Middle East oil) for our OWN country, so we won't be dependant on the good will of the regimes in the Middle East.

Plus, you did not address how the corporate and wealthy taxes were *much* higher between 1950 anbd 1980...the period when me had the baby Boom, and huge growth in the middle class, and built the interstate system, etc....

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 01/24/20 08:43 AM

Back when I was working, all the overtime I wanted was available. My income level was in the upper 20%. I would look at my after tax income to decide if I wanted that overtime. If I could hire someone to do my at home work for less than my net pay, I would hire them and work the OT. When it got to where it was not financially to my advantage, I'd turn down the OT. Tax rates do make a difference in reality.

I think most upper income people would not have a problem with higher individual income tax rates if the government didn't throw all the money away. I would have a hard time paying more in taxes so someone else could have a better lifestyle without earning it. It is NOT the responsibility of society to support those who are unwilling to support themselves!!!

But, sweetie...we are NOT talking about govenrment throwing you money away (do you include useless, long-running wars in that catagory?)...or "so someone else could have a better lifestyle without earning it", or "to support those who are unwilling to support themselves"....
We are talking about programs that people paid into all their working lives being cut...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 01/23/20 01:48 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 01/23/20 01:49 PM

from that link:
President Trump suggested on Wednesday that he would be willing to consider cuts to social safety-net programs like Medicare to reduce the federal deficit if he wins a second term,

Asked in an interview with CNBC if cuts to entitlements would ever be on his plate, Mr. Trump answered yes.

“At some point they will be,” Mr. Trump said, before pointing to United States economic growth. “At the right time, we will take a look at that.”

So it is something Trump and his administration are willing to look at. Nothing planned, nothing proposed, only wanting to look at when the time is right. We all know the current safety net programs are not sustainable as they currently are. In most cases, additional revenue and reduced benefits will be required to provide long term stability to the programs. The sooner we start looking at these programs, the less painful the changes will need to be. Minor adjustments should have been made 20-30 years ago!!!!

If he would roll back the tax cuts to the wealthy and corporation to the levels they were when Reagan took office (from 1950 to 1980..when we ironically had largest period of middle-class growth), things would be better..

This explains it better than *I* can:

http://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/gop-tax-rate-cut-wealthy/

Also..funny how there is never money for programs which people paid into their whole working lives (Social Security and Medicare), but..oddly somehow, there's ~all kinds~ of money to fight useless wars... huh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 01/23/20 12:15 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 01/23/20 12:16 PM

You say he is "NOT representing the people". He is representing the hard working men and women who PAY the taxes. He is NOT representing the people who expect the government to support them. I also believe their are no cuts to Medicare but their are some proposed for Medicaid. Those Social Security "cuts" you speak of must be in the COLA used or in the SSI program. Would love to hear your interpretation of the Social Security and Medicare cuts you reference.

If you read the link, it explains that..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 01/23/20 10:27 AM

Best President of my lifetime. He's the real deal, draining the swamp and they are the ones that are against him. Would be nice to have a government that represents the people, not opportunists looking for their millions, Swamp creatures, get rid of them, term limits 4 years for every gov position. Kids can't be on boards of anything. Keep these cheaters honest, problem will go away in 6 months.

Dude...he is NOT "representing the people" (unless you areone of the very wealthy)..
He wants to cut Social Security and Medicare, which are NOT "entitlements", but things all US workers contribute towards all theor working lives.
And what all seniors depend on to get by...
You know what IS an "entitlement"?
Tax cuts and loopholes for corprorations...which is why we have such a huge defecit......howe about reining *those* instead, eh?

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/politics/medicare-trump.html

Also, you said "Kids can't be on boards of anything"..
HIS kids are in key posititon....I guess that is OK with you, but where *I* am from..that is called "nepotism,"..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 01/23/20 09:03 AM

Yes my double standards comes from liking to look at women,love and not liking to look at men. ill
Sorry you stubbly stinking knuckle dragging oafs, I don't care what you look like, just don't get in the way of a nice lady.grumble

Even if the oaf wears a skirt and makeup, not interested, except to laugh. laugh

I didn;t imply you like looking at men..and I don;t see where I impliefd anything about a guy wearing a skirt or makeup...you interjected that.

I just observed it was a double-standard..
I don't like large, body covering tattoos, or facial tattoos on *either* sex, nor do I feel one is worse than the other...

You are entitled to your preferences, of course, but saying it's cool for a man, but gross for a women *does* sound quite sexist..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 01/22/20 08:02 AM

On women small is nice, ankles with blue bird etc, small shoulder tat, but not big. Seems to me like crude graffiti on fine artwork, on a pretty girl. Same as a pretty young girl smoking, just a shame.
On guys, who cares; except some are hard to look at with a straight face.

I heard a drunk guy got a tat of something unknown that he liked, in asia. Later home again a friend interpreted its meaning: "I'm an ugly white guy". laugh

"On guys, who cares"..
Oh, so you wouldn't feel the same if you saw that word "Respect" on a guy?
That's a double standard, darlin'...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 01/21/20 06:45 AM
I draw the line at facial tattoos...

If everything else was great about the person..I wouldn't mind tattoos (as long as they weren't on the face, because that is just something I cannot understand...believe me, i have tried)

I'd *prefer* my partner didn't have any..
I don't like tattoos...wouldn't have one myself....but, I'm not going to tell someone else they can't have one..

No, i am not contradicting myself...I 'd rather they didn't have any, but, if I met someone who was great insofar as everything else..I'd try and overlook it..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 01/19/20 01:15 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sun 01/19/20 01:16 PM
I find image search VERY useful for catching scammers....
If I find their pictures on multiple sites, all with different names...well....laugh

P.S..there's a site called TinEye which is good with image searches...just an FYI...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 01/15/20 01:17 PM

most guys walk solidly from the heel first.
those had best be way more sturdy than what most of you ladies wherelaugh

Umm..*I* walk from heel first..and I am most assuredly female... :thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 01/12/20 09:08 AM

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 01/07/20 07:46 AM

The American government has long ignored International law by invading other countries or using drone strikes. Having been defeated in Syria, this is an act of petty revenge against the man who effectively defeated them (no matter what your opinion of this General is). The U.S. might easily come to regret starting a War of Assassin's.

Plus, he's up for re-election..Bush did a similar thing back in 2003.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 12/28/19 08:31 AM

My mistake ... I was being presumptuous, believing that this site was primarily a dating site, especially since everyone I have seen on here seem to be looking for some kind of a relationship.

No matter ... to each, his/her own.

It *is* a dating szite primarily (unfortunately, I run across very very few real, legit people)..
But, as I am in an older demographic...and many guys have an ED issue when they get older....I really don;t care if they are functional in *that* way (of we have a ton of other things in common)...there are TONS of other ways to be close and have "personal time" (only limited by one's imagination :smile:

I know 2 guys (not anyone I'd date for oter reasons which are not relevant here, but if you MUST know, PM me) who have given up on dating, because they think no woman will want them because of their condition..that's just sad.. :cry:
Yes, they know about the "pill"...just really don't care anymore..

So, in summation..one doesn't necesarily equate the other (date=sex), not for *everyone*...people are different, and want different things..

The only problem with that is when two people with vastly different expectations link up...which it is why it is so important to talk for a while before meeting...discuss certain issues/ deal breakers....:thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 12/26/19 08:32 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 12/26/19 08:33 AM

Really? Men who message inquiring about sex are just desperate ho's who don't have any self esteem and that's their way of picking the easy ones out of the herd . I mean who in there right mind is going to have sex with someone they don't even know? 90 hours is a good time to at least find enough out about that person, if they a psycho, a retard, or just wanting sex.

ibaceltic1..
I am, continually shocked at the number of over 50-55 year old people out there who apparently think nothing of hopping in bed with someone they just met..
I am not a prude, but, dam*.....while I came of age in the 70's when anything you caugh could be gotten rid of with a visit to the health dept...that is not the case now..

See also: when a guy asks "so, how many dates will we have to go on before we have sex"?
huh

Dude, I am not a machine you insert a certain amount of tokens (dates) into to get sex out of..
It'll happen when it happens..but in YOUR case, i can tell you it'll be longer than you want, like, never....not with THAT attitude right up front...

P.S. And before some dimwit asks "well, he's just checking up front to see if yuou are a prude/ hate sex.."
Maybe...but, if so..there are better, more tactful ways to go about it, like actyual chat which will eventually turn to that subject, eh?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 12/24/19 08:09 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 12/24/19 08:10 AM

Good points but you left out one thing.... when you mention woman who have no appeal for men, well that goes both ways Maybe just maybe a woman isn't interested in the man, so then we get slandered with being called prudes, frigid, B's, C's yada yada yada

Yep...all women are supposed to be interested in whatever guy deigns to message them..if they aren't, if they turn him down..then she is a bi**h, frigid, hates sex, crazy cat lady...whatever..

Maybe just MAYBE YOU have no appeal to HER..
That crap works both ways..

I am aware that now I am most attracted to guys between 40-50..but, as I am pushing 60..I don't message or chat up the guys in their 40's...I have better sense...they don't want some "old lady"...unless it is a fetish" (cougar)...and I am not down for that.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 12/23/19 02:14 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Mon 12/23/19 02:15 PM
I *personally* don't need to meet someone to see if we have that "chemistry" thing people talk about so much..
I never undestood it...either I like you, or I don't, and, I can tell that from some in-depth conversation...sharing thoughts..

I don;t know what your age range search is, but, I can tell you..in MY age range of 50+ year old men, I have *yet* to see a trangendered person, so..I can't see this as being a real problem on here...laugh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 12/21/19 10:03 AM

I actually don't 'celebrate' any holiday anymore (not even birthdays).
To me, its just another day.

I do realize others make a big deal of them.
I can wish someone a Happy Thanxgiving, Merry Christmas or Happy Independence Day but I no longer need that boost.

I do not own any decorations, at all.
I do not sit and stare at other's decorations (unless they have art value).

I do watch seasonal movies but I watch the same movies anytime of year, when I feel like it.

I post horror movie lists for others at Halloween.
I post Christmas movies and music for others at Christmas.
http://ghostown.freeforums.net/thread/4162/christmas-movies-random-entries-limited
I post national pride movies at Independence Day.
I do this because I know it means a lot to some people.

I too no longer feed my depression.
I still get the blues from time to time but everyone gets the blues.
http://ghostown.freeforums.net/thread/3903/

Your serenity is always your choice.
It may seem impossible to beat the blues but it is all a matter of how you look at things.
The holidays can give you a reason to feel sorry for yourself.
If you feed it.
The trick is, stop feeding your depression.
Stop allowing it to have power over you.
If you can't have Happy Holidays, settle for just holidays or just another day.

That's me..
Even as a kid I was not a big fan of holidyas...always seemed to me a big build up to a let down..
Now, mind you, as a kid we had great/ good Christmases (by societies standard), so..that isn't it..it is *exactly* what I said...all hoo-hah and festivity..then ..pfft....

When I was married/ partnered, it was OK....I could get enthused for my spouse/ partner.

Now, as a widow with no living family (was an only child, no siblings..parents been dead for years)..I really have come to dread the holidays..all the family stuff and togetherness and so forth is pushed in one's face..in commercials..movies (which I avoid)..etc..

Yes, I have done the volunteering thing..and got so sick (flu) *both* times, so..not doing that again.

I am not a Scrooge or Grinch, as people like to say I am (because, who doesn't just luuuuuuv the holidays).
I don't care if others celebrate...I wouldn't say they are wrong..both those didn't want others to have a good time..
*Me* not being interested myself does NOT affect *you* (the generic you)

*I* personally just would rather hibernate like a bear from Nov. 1st to January 7th (need to miss Epiphany as well):thumbsup:

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25