I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 03/17/20 09:21 AM
I am trying to find out when my dad, who was stationed in Frankfurt, married my mom, a German citizen.
It was most likely a civil ceremony, performed on base by a chaplin.
(trust me, my mom's people were irreligious, and most likely didn't approve anyway)
This was sometime between 1955-1959

I have access to numerous ancestry/ genealogy sites via the library..and don't believe military records are on those..at least I wasn;t able to find such yesterday.
And, I have been told even if I requested his records from the military, it may or may not have the marriage in there.

If you have any suggestion on how to find this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 03/17/20 07:42 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 03/17/20 07:42 AM

Eat an apple, drink a glass of water and walk for 20 minutes non-stop in the sunlight. It will allow your body to extra the vitamins from the apple, get your body to generate vitamin D and have your blood pump to remove the settiment (toxins) so you can evacuate them.

Sadly, sunshine has been in short supply here in TN, what with the days and days of rain and drizzle....sad2

We had already had a foot of rain by the midddle of February...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 03/16/20 03:33 PM
"Mandatory requires forfeiting choice.
People wouldn't go for that."

Well, by god...you ain't gettin' the goodies if me requiring you to get tested is a problem for you....
The door is that way~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
See yourself out, if that is the case.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 03/15/20 11:52 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sun 03/15/20 11:57 AM

You're worried that in her sixties she's still giving it up to everyone? That doesn't make sense. Or are you worried you're passing her some unwanted crabs?

Darlin'..there are (so I hear) a LOT of older women who are quite fee and easy WRT sex these days...
So, it is always better to be safe than sorry.... :thumbsup:

Edited to add: If this has not been *your* experience, maybe it is a *you* problem, not a *her* problem..maybe the various women you have approached just didn't find you attractive in that way..
If guys can be picky as h*ll regarding looks,..women get to be also...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 02/24/20 06:13 AM

Why is it so hard to find a honest woman on here? They ALL want money phone cards gift cards they are never from where there profile says they are!

They ALL want money (No, I have my own thank-you) phone cards (No, I have the latest mobile thank-you) gift cards (No, I prefer flowers, chocolates or better yet a surprise date thank you) they are never from where there profile says they are (yeah I am and its a real place - type it into Google smile2)

Yep..these guys generalize all women, but get pissed and uppity when we women *dare* to generalize men...laugh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 02/23/20 09:34 AM

Nose picking
Eating it
Buying excessive amounts of handbags
Failing to recognise who is boss

Failing to recognize who is boss, lol.
What is up with men who need to control? Is it leadership inborn?

There are a LOT of guys out there who ascribe to that, have issues with wanting to control/ rule a woman, want her to be "submissive" to him.
Even if they joke about it..that makes me wonder if it is a latent belief they have...why else even mention it?
(it's like saying you don;t want a liar/ drunk/ drug user/ cheater...
NO ONE wants those...no point in saying that...whoa)

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 02/23/20 08:57 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sun 02/23/20 08:58 AM

Nose picking
Eating it
Buying excessive amounts of handbags
Failing to recognise who is boss

"Failing to recognise who is boss"
huh
Darlin', can you clarify that?

Because I am grown, earn my own living, pay my own bills, therefore, NO ONE is my "boss", except the one signing my paycheck.

My father, when I was a CHILD and lived in his house and was dependent on him for everything, yes, *he* got to tell me what to do./ be the boss of me..

Why wouldn't you want a relationship where you are equal partners, not one the "boss" over the other one?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 02/22/20 01:09 PM

Well dear lady. Imagine you go to a bookstore and sees a book with the title
"Holy Bible on the cover of the book". You take the book from the shelf, turn the pages rapidly reading short sections at random. Your goal is to find out what the theme of the book is.

Maybe you didn't go to the bookstore but your parents were Catholic, like my parents were, and they educated you in Christianity, or you were sent to a Catholic school to learn about God, Christ and the beautiful half naked angels, and even the Apostles and how Judas betrayed Christ, and the Crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. Beautiful stories mixing good and bad in one pottage, under one umbrella, for your learning and praying.

In this 2nd case you didn't turn the pages of the Holy Book to discover it's theme or what it is about, because the contents were brought to you by Holy men and Women much greater than you, whom you looked up to.

Having learned that much as a young girl, and becoming an adult and even a mother.
Would you today be brave enough to question what you have learned as a teenager?
Most certainly NOT and why should you!

There is only ONE prayer in the Holy Bible from Christ himself, given to him by the Father, as is always the case. [Matthew 6:9] This ONE prayer was meant to make sure, that the purpose of God (not praying in general) would be established FOREVER meaning until Christ returns; namely the Authority of the Heavenly Father and their purpose on the earth and what to look for.

Now, if your soul really, really needs a challenge, then ask yourself this question: Was I taught the true Gospel? Then if you dare, research what the bible is about, it's theme, and compare it with the Gospel.

That's really heavy, because your world (belief system) could crumble and be turned upside down. Sometimes we must play save and stick to what we know. It's for you to decide, what the truth can do for you.

[Hebrews 4:12] For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Simply put ..the Holy Book can and will cut the unprepared into pieces, and leave their souls and thoughts, wounded FOREVER.

Shame on you...what a condescending thing for you to assume that I've never read the Bible huh
I HAVE read the Bible, cover to cover..several versions (NIV, NAS, King James)
Own three.
I don;t need someone to TEACH me the Bible/ Gospel..I am capable of reading it on my own.

So, using your logic...ANY church that puts Bible verses in their program (the thing you get every Sunday at many churches), or in their sermon is suspect, then?
Because THEY could twist various verse to suit their particular theology..be it Baptist, Methodist, Presbytarian, Four Square Gospel, Pentacostal (all of which I have attended at various times)...whatever.

You need to check your judgeyness...Matthew 7 comes to mind...

I didn't assume that you never read the bible. Millions say they have and many have been in the churches their life long. Actually, I truly believe you read the bible many times.

What I was assuming is that you accept my challenge, and compare your readings with the Gospel that you were taught. But 1st you would have to cover the theme of the holy bible. If you go to a movie and I say, tell me what the movie was about. Your explanation would be proof that you understood the narrative of the movie.
This is just a challenge for your heart and not a test or a judgement. So, pls don't feel offended!

The reason why Christ gave only ONE prayer is, that this IS THE ONLY PRAYER we EVER need to pray, and ALL OTHER PRAYERS ARE BOGUS AND MEN MADE. Can we still pray other prayers? Of course we can! Will they be of benefit to us? Of course NOT! What happens when one man prays for rain and the other for Sunshine? The father is not looking for prayers, but for them who seek him in TRUTH. Christ went to church on Sabbath, which was the last day of the week, as was the will of his Father, and not on the 1st day of the week.
[John 5:20] .... I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me, said Christ.

Would I teach you the Holy Bible? Of course not! You have already been taught!
Can you be re-taught? Of course, but would you put aside your pride and the many years of miseducation? You are NOT alone. We have all been miseducated.
Many will judge me for saying THAT, but NONE can come forth and proof me WRONG.

[Proverbs 29:23] A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

[John 8:32] And ye shall know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH shall make you free.

Whatever bro...
You seem to think that Catholics teach false theology....

And, you didn't comment about the fact that as an adult over the years, I have attended all those denominations?

You are apparently an Ascended Master who knows FAR more than any other person, and speaks for the Holy Spirit whoa

I'm done trying to reason with you.

Peace, and good luck on your quest.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 02/22/20 10:08 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 02/22/20 10:08 AM

Socially, things get slightly trickier, because one of the prime components of being a "true and real gentleman," is that one is not pushy and demanding. But in US society at least, many people only get noticed in a crowd, if they ARE pushy and demanding. That alone, tends to make those of us trained by "osmosis," opt for discarding the whole "gentleman" thing, fairly early on. those of us who stick with it anyway, often spend a fair amount of time quietly observing the females who complain about the dearth of "real gentleman," as they go about their lives repeatedly choosing the non-gentleman, because those guys are the ones doing the bulk of the overt chasing.

Basically, it's math. Just as the guys who complain that most women are duplicitous, think that's true because they habitually chase duplicitous women, so too most women who complain they can't find any "true gentlemen," are only looking at the loud and pushy non-gentlemen for attention.

Not me...I have never gone in for the loud, pushy, cocky, aggressive alpha-type guys (no, not interested in debating the definition here, you like them, good on you...that's great)..

I like the more laid back, quiet type...they are usually way more interesting and intelligent/ intellectual...:thumbsup:

None of my long-terms wee with loud, pushy, outspoken, "works the crowd" type guys..they were all quiet, artsy, bookish (the exception being my ex in the 80's, he was not "bookish") types.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 02/22/20 10:00 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 02/22/20 10:02 AM

There are many real gentleman out there but there are several problems: most of you won't recognize one when he comes into your life and if you do, you won't respect him as the gentleman he is. As River said, look for ways their behaviors are those of a gentleman and appreciate them for it. If a gentleman holds your coat for you or opens the door for you, a "thank you" is much appreciated; if you take it for granted, it will soon not be happening for you.

Good point oldkid... I've actually heard men say they won't open doors for certain ladies anymore because they never say thank you. Showing appreciation goes a long way for any kind act.

I agree to a point River. I may feel sometimes that it would be nice to hear a thank you if I don't get one but I would not let that feeling change how I act. That's just how I am, I will always hold the door and pull out chairs, all the kind acts a lady would like them to do regardless if I get a thank you or not.

True dat, I read somewhere maybe Miss Manners or Dear Abby that when someone gives a gift or act of kindness they shouldn't expect a thank you, though I agree a thank you would be nice. Is that the purpose of being kind? To demand gratitude? It should be from your heart

I do not expect a guy (random stranger) to hold/ open a door for me.
I walk kinda slow (when I am not hurrying), and I have had more than a few look at me like "hurry up, ya fat bi**ch I ain't got all day.."...like I am supposed to now HURRY just because they decided to be "nice"..
If you were being nice..you wouldn't have that snarky look on your face..
Second, I didn't *ask you*...whoa
But, even then, I mumble a half-assed "thanks"...yawn

If it is someone I know, we;re out together, I *always* say thanks..that's just courteous.

I agree with ibaceltic1 though on one thing...
IF you do it solely because you expect a thanks...that's wrong...true niceness does things just to be kind and courteous, nothing expected...

If you have to advertise/ tell people/ brag about what a gentleman you are....maybe you are NOT.
Because it should be evident in your daily behavior....and people would already see/ know that...no need to "advertise"..
Like my late husband used to say "quality sells itself"...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 02/22/20 08:25 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 02/22/20 08:28 AM

Well dear lady. Imagine you go to a bookstore and sees a book with the title
"Holy Bible on the cover of the book". You take the book from the shelf, turn the pages rapidly reading short sections at random. Your goal is to find out what the theme of the book is.

Maybe you didn't go to the bookstore but your parents were Catholic, like my parents were, and they educated you in Christianity, or you were sent to a Catholic school to learn about God, Christ and the beautiful half naked angels, and even the Apostles and how Judas betrayed Christ, and the Crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. Beautiful stories mixing good and bad in one pottage, under one umbrella, for your learning and praying.

In this 2nd case you didn't turn the pages of the Holy Book to discover it's theme or what it is about, because the contents were brought to you by Holy men and Women much greater than you, whom you looked up to.

Having learned that much as a young girl, and becoming an adult and even a mother.
Would you today be brave enough to question what you have learned as a teenager?
Most certainly NOT and why should you!

There is only ONE prayer in the Holy Bible from Christ himself, given to him by the Father, as is always the case. [Matthew 6:9] This ONE prayer was meant to make sure, that the purpose of God (not praying in general) would be established FOREVER meaning until Christ returns; namely the Authority of the Heavenly Father and their purpose on the earth and what to look for.

Now, if your soul really, really needs a challenge, then ask yourself this question: Was I taught the true Gospel? Then if you dare, research what the bible is about, it's theme, and compare it with the Gospel.

That's really heavy, because your world (belief system) could crumble and be turned upside down. Sometimes we must play save and stick to what we know. It's for you to decide, what the truth can do for you.

[Hebrews 4:12] For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Simply put ..the Holy Book can and will cut the unprepared into pieces, and leave their souls and thoughts, wounded FOREVER.

Shame on you...what a condescending thing for you to assume that I've never read the Bible huh
I HAVE read the Bible, cover to cover..several versions (NIV, NAS, King James)
Own three.
I don;t need someone to TEACH me the Bible/ Gospel..I am capable of reading it on my own.

So, using your logic...ANY church that puts Bible verses in their program (the thing you get every Sunday at many churches), or in their sermon is suspect, then?
Because THEY could twist various verse to suit their particular theology..be it Baptist, Methodist, Presbytarian, Four Square Gospel, Pentacostal (all of which I have attended at various times)...whatever.

You need to check your judgeyness...Matthew 7 comes to mind...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 08:07 PM

Hello sister, the Roman Catholic don't teach the Bible but the Catechism of Rome They can't teach you how to pray because the Bible was not given to them. Christ never taught us to follow any religion but to be obedient to the heavenly father. Faith without work is death, says the Bible. Your faith must be in doing the works first, and then your prayers.

Darlin', I grew up Catholic and we most CERTAINLY were taught the Old and New Testament...and they were part of every Sunday's worship service.
I don't know where you got your information from.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure one of the reasons they did away with prayer in school (WE never had that...maybe it was a southern thing?) is because they wouldn't respect/ allow prayers from religions other that white Christianity..
No Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Native American.....none of those were allowed, even thought there were students who followed those religions in the class...
It wasn't fair to have ONE religions prayer...and not others..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 12:44 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 02/20/20 12:45 PM

I did an experiment on another site with fewer nannys, inspired by this very topic, and from my experience women are indeed attracted to very improper profiles and unsavory comments. Titillation is not a dirty word.

Of the 6 things I did, the two most blatantly sexual and gross consistently outperformed all the others hands down.
The meek and mild versions were dismal; the raunchy ones did a bit better; and the filth got more hits, more likes and thumbs up and more messages than all the others put together.
I still didn't meet anyone, but had more good interactions from tyre kickers and time wasters.

So you dirty ******* really do like the filth, while you tut tut, and act all prim and proper with your chastity vows, and make out to be daddy's good little girl.

Good for you.

Myself, I am not interested in a guy who has a raunchy or crude or filthy profile...it shows lack of class and maturity (especially if the guy is over 40).

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 12:41 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 02/20/20 12:41 PM
I saw a guy this week on another site with the user name
"9inchtongue"...

Needless to say, I passed him by...
Some guys seem permanently stuck in adolescence... whoa

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 12:21 PM

People that are in a rush to meet scare me.

:thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 11:05 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 02/20/20 11:12 AM

If I allowed my past experiences to jade all potential experiences I might as well have stopped looking.
I took a chance - this time it worked.
I took a chance because I realize even if 9 out of 10 are unworthy, that 10th one is worth it.

I respect your different experience, however, as I am neither Jesus nor Buddha, and...after the first 265 (metaphorically speaking) that are like that...no reasonable person would think the 266th guy who acts exactly the same as the first 265 would be different..as we thought that about the 65th, 110th, and 265th one..laugh

There's nothing wrong with requiring and wanting someone to show some interest and effort...
You message me, have a blank profile, and can't tell me one thing about *my* profile that you like, and feel we share in common...that you found interesting enough to message me?
Pass...

P.S..I was not looking for "advice", thank you..
I expected the same with my late husband initially, as well as the guy before him, and...it served me well and led to 2 wonderful long terms with intelligent and articulate guys. :thumbsup:

As opposed to my ex in the 80's who lied about sharing any of my interests/ ideology (because he stated years later I was cute and the sex was good), and had absolutely no interest in any of the things *I* did, and was far from a good conversationalist.

P.P.S..If someone is so lazy they have ~ask me~ where I live..if they are too lazy to have read even *that* much....it's not my job to tell them that..
I say "It's on my profile...right above my picture"..
I ALWAYS check where someone lives BEFORE I message them..to see if it is too far away...I would assume any intelligent person would do the same..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 10:14 AM

Messaging (chats) are scripted. You have time to think about and prepare a response.
In person is often unscripted, natural and revealing.

Choose Wisely...

If they can't do better than repeated 2-3 words/ one line when they DO have "time to think about and prepare a response", I don;t think they will be any better in person..
At least not the times I have gone against my better judgement because some guy whined about not liking typing, or he "does better in person"...not been my experience.
On the phone..it was just a bunch of "uh huh...yeah....", no real contribution to the conversation...I kept having to ask things about him to keep it going (just like on line)....and, the few that pushed to meet right away, for the same reason don;t like to type, do better in person), same thing..just as dull and boring as on line..

If someone's experiences have been different, I am happy for you.
But if you can't hold up your end of the conversation online...I'm not going to shower, dress, and drive to somewhere on the odd chance that you *might* be better in person, because the several times I have done that it wasn't the case..

If they can't put forth some effort (NOT just "uh huh...yeah" and 2-3 word replies, asking nothing about me at all, making me keep the conversation going) , and be just as interested in learning about and getting to know *me* as I am *them*...sorry..nope..not gonna waste my time and moeny.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 09:24 AM
I love ALL breeds of dogs, without exception...:thumbsup: love

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 02/20/20 08:50 AM

It's a shame that every woman says their phones don't work for making phone calls. They have no idea how to use phones anyway. There's something seriously wrong with lying about it. They are probably guys posing as women as a scam.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25