2C warm milk
1C water
6T veg shortening
2T sugar
1t sea salt or table
6C sifted flour
1Tbaking soda
coarse salt for sprinkling

Disolve yeast in milk and water and then add shortening sugar and salt. Mix flour to form dough. Cover for 20 minutes till it rises. Cut peices of dough to size of an egg. roll and shape into pretzels lay on cutting board so it rises. Now, Preheat oven onto 400
Disolve baking soda in 2 quarts og hot water. Dip each pretzel ub baking soda mix. Place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the coarse salt and bake until brown. dip in mustard or cream cheese. Or Nacho Sauce.

I was curious if you had to put them in a boiling water solution before baking..
I guess the dip in the alkaline solution eliminates the need for that?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/16/20 07:45 AM

Can you really meet someone with out paying money?

Yes, but I find they're much less willing to do what you want. :-P JK

Well, unless you hire someone, it's not their responsibility to "do what you want"..
That's why one hires people for things..get them to do what you want...the way you want it done..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 04/14/20 07:29 AM
I must be weird..
I can't be sold something I do not want, don't "impulse buy"...
I have always compared things (larger purchases) before I spend any money, and usually have bought the cheapest alternative..
As an example, there is NO way I'd buy one of those goofy high dollar washing machines that claims it can clean a load of clothes with one gallon of water (or WTF-ever)...
That they sell washing machine cleaner for...whoa
Think about that,...washing machine cleaner.....my gosh, HOW did we with those top loaders ever manage without washing machine cleaner????????????

No thanks...I bought a top loader, that was 1/3 the price, and works just fine.

Or, cars..
Hatchbacks...imminently useful, practical, and generally cheap on gas....
They seem to be put forth as "starter" cars, or low-end..
So what?
If it is good, reliable., practical transportation without all the use;less bells and whistles I'll never use (much less being bigger and using more gas)..WHY would I buiy something more expensive?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/12/20 04:23 PM

A gold digger will marry for money alone ohwell

Well, we're talking about *real* people, good people..not trash.... huh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/12/20 02:13 PM

Here is another that will guarantee marriage
Money

Not in none of those other things are there...along with common interests and goals..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/12/20 12:34 PM

There four little tricks Wich I find helpful in improving one chance of getting married which are
1) Honestly
2) Compassion
3) Love
4) Trust

:thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/10/20 12:10 PM

So I am an American male who joined this site looking for a long-term relationship with an attractive, intelligent woman, but I've noticed a few things about this site that I'd like to share and see if others feel the same, or made the same observations.

PROFILES: My observation is, particularly with women that they are completed with scant or minimal information at best which vexes me. If this is a dating site (regardless or of which type you're looking for) wouldn't you want to put as much information in your profile to ensure you attract the right kind of person? Subsequently, a great deal of time is wasting browsing profiles and makes for extremely superficial interactions, if any.

SITE FEATURES: The site is far to restrictive compared to other dating sites, particularly the "MATCH" feature. I find that restricting the match's photo is redundant based on a few factors such as; he/she may not be attractive to the pursuee, and also he/she may not share the same values or goals that you a have. ie... I am a Black American who's attracted to White, Latin and Asian women, so to require a member to upgrade and pay money to discover this is painfully obvious to generate profits and revenues, but also in a way dishonest, notwithstanding too restrictive.

Should you share my thought, ideas or sentiment(s), please respond and let your voice be heard.

Otherwise, feel free to reach out and make a friend or two.

I too HATE those profiles that are blank or say "ask me"..
No baby, that is NOT how this works...you need to put something there, so someone can read it and determine if there's anything about you they'd be interested in...

But, that's common on ALL the sites.
As is the number of people who made a profile once, and haven't been back on since..
Be nice if after 3-4 months of inactivity they'd get deleted, so those of us looking to meet someone wouldn't have to sift through countless profiles that have not been online since LAST year.

Also?
I hate when someone says "oh, the real people are in the Forums..great place to meet people and make a friend.."
Well, that isn't helpful, as the odds of randomly running across someone within a reasonable distance of me, and who I share anything in common with on the Forums are almost nil...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/10/20 10:13 AM
I wish there was...
Everyone within 100 miles of me..maybe 3-4 have been online within the last 2 weeks..
The rest, as you say, haven't been on in more than a month.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 04/07/20 09:52 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 04/07/20 09:54 AM

I'd appreciate some responses from women on this forum.

Men seems to be flattering me an awful lot and I am wondering if this is pretty typical for this type of site. I do have nice photos on line and I look younger than my age. I suppose I am wondering if it can be sincere.

It seems to me this type of thing doesn't happen as much when you are meeting in person.

The only times *I* get messages claiming I am "beautiful", "gorgeous", "stunning", or have a beautiful smile (I am not smiling in my picture), or beautiful eyes (I am wearing sunglasses)...it is *always* from a fake person..

And, even if it wasn't..if THAT is all you can say in your initial message (as opposed to, say, commenting on something in my profile we share in common..), then I doubt I'd be interested anyway..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/05/20 05:13 PM

I dated one for a year.
She thought that when I turned 50 yo I would stop suggesting we have sex.
Only when I'm cold and dead will sex not interest me.

Then you are not Asexual.

Perhaps this will help those who are confused:

http://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-asexual#no-sexual-attraction

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/05/20 03:05 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sun 04/05/20 03:05 PM

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/05/20 03:01 PM
Absolutely.

There are all sorts of variations on it..demisexual as well.

Just because someone doesn't believe it doesn't mean it doesn;t exist..
Unless you have experienced it, you can;t possibly understand it.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/02/20 09:07 AM
Those churches that choose to continue (or *encourage) in-person services because God will protect them/ they have faith need to heed Jesus's teachings:

Luke 4:12

And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Matthew 4:7

Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 04/01/20 03:05 PM

I am a widow with no family (I was an only child), so...even if I wrote things out..there's no one to see to it.

If you really have no one not even a friend,if you have worthwhile assets you could leave it to a charity who provide funerals for homeless or poor old people with a clause that they provide yours

My assets, such as they are I am not worried about..bank can have the house back..can't imagine who'd want my car.
I AM worried that there's no one to identify the body (I had to drive to Georgia to identify my dad...his secretary of 30+ years wasn't allowed to), or see to my burial..

One does *not* need to be judgey here....that's neither kind, nor helpful :thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 04/01/20 01:41 PM
I am a widow with no family (I was an only child), so...even if I wrote things out..there's no one to see to it.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 03/28/20 03:04 PM

In concept, they can overlap. Your girlfriend might be a prostitute. And a prostitute can be someone's girlfriend. I think the difference is one is 'strictly' a business transaction of money for service, with no emotional commitments, promises, or expectations. The other is based in a commitment of certain emotions, promises, and expectations.

THIS ^ :thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 03/27/20 05:45 PM

What about all the weak dad jokes, stupid pranks people will get up to when bored.
Household home made Jackass movies.
Pets forced to demean themselves.
Kids forced to clean their rooms out of boredom.
Mums forced to stop everyone from making a mess, all day.
Dads forced to listen to everyone.
So many sharp and blunt instruments, and household poisons, and bad cooking.
Home waxing accidents, home hair dyeing incidents, novice cooks with knives and hot stuff.

The ambulances will be kept busy.

Plus, I imagine many homes are like THIS about now....laugh

http://www.facebook.com/ComedianDarrenKnight/videos/528263634500398/

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 03/26/20 05:34 PM
OP deactivated himself....wonder why?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 03/26/20 10:17 AM

Sure, I would've done that too. Still not the same as having a child you're responsible for and love.
I doubt it can be explained what that is like. Doesn't mean you won't have any depth without children or cannot love. But it's different. Childless you likely develop other qualities in life and of yourself.
Your argument actually underwrites what I am questioning... The lack of understanding what it's like to have kids, to have that responsibility, that unconditional love for your offspring etc.

Aaaand..the lack of understanding of how child free people CAN love someone unconditionally...CAN feel responsible for someone...WOULD step in front of a bullet for their partner.

I feel sad for those who don't feel this way for their spouse/ partner...

I find many people abdicate their love and care for their partner once they have kids...like their spouse was only a means to an end...
"My kids are the most important thing to me"
What is your spouse now...chopped liver?

Understand, I am not being disrepectful to those who are childed...
Just that THEY need to understand THEY CAN'T possibly understand...just like you claim we childless people can't understand YOUR POV....
And, that's OK... :thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 03/26/20 09:41 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 03/26/20 09:42 AM

And yes, I think there's a risk of such a person being rather self-absorbed as they simply never had to share, love, be responsible etc. in the way you have to when you have a child/children.
I assume you will have that too as you too have been a parent. Even being pregnant changing you. Well, at least it did me, even early on, as I was suddenly responsible for that little new life too.

Au contraire...

When my late husband was run over intentionally by someone while out walking and had a shattered femur and broken shoulder (no, that's not what he died from..that was years earlier)....and was laid up for *months*...believe me...I never once hesitated or even ever questioned caring for him..I loved him, and would do whatever it took to help him...handling the urinals...bathing him...etc...
He was embarrassed by that, obviously, but I told him I didn't care, didn't bother me...because I loved him.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25