I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/18/19 01:22 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 04/18/19 01:23 PM
Actionlynx, you said:
"My experience is that the vast majority of women expect the man to pay for everything on the first date."

I don't know what type/ age women you are going after that are this way, but.....then again, maybe that's why i never have had any female friends...most are real b***hes.
No disrespect to the good women here..what I mean are the type of women who, when the next day at work they ask me where the date took me, and I tell them Picadiily Cafeteria...they tell me "well, you need to dump his cheap ***..."

*I* happened to have picked the cafeteria...and, no I don't need to "dump his cheap ***"...I *need* to stop letting you opinionate on my life...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/18/19 08:07 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 04/18/19 08:08 AM

it is very seldom that a woman will pay her share of the cost of some outing. There still seems to be the expectation that the man will pay most or all of the expenses.

I have to disagree with you. I've met 10 guys over a couple of years and only one had refused my offer to pay for coffees. True!

I have had guys get an attitude when I say i will pay for my part (dinner, movies, whatever)on our first meet..
Like it is some insult to their manhood or something..(or most likely, they can't demand "services for money spent" later)

I do it because *I* won't feel bad if the date/ meet goes bad...it's just a personal thing for me.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/18/19 07:28 AM

Well that's about, oh, 95% of women in this day and age. Meah, Go do something else.

And about, oh...95% of the men in this day and age are pigs, and just looking to get laid...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/18/19 07:24 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 04/18/19 08:04 AM

They want what is in his pants..........................................his money. laugh

WRONG!

I haven't met one that didn't want money.

Looking for love in all the wrong places! I guess the men don’t realize it’s who they are attracted to that’s the problem.

I have never dated a man based on income, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself.

Me too..
I wonder what kind of women these guys are going after that over and over again they meet the ones that just want money..or won't chip in and pay for part of the outimng..
I'm guessing they are going mainly for looks, instead of looking deeper and making sure she is a decent person, with character, who doesn't operate that way.

(And, judging by what i see on various dating sites..all the guys 50+ with children under age 10...I'm guessing they're going for much younger women...)

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 04/17/19 07:22 PM
If so...how do you send a text to a Northwestel phone?

Like, Verizon is (example) 8005551212@vtext.com

I have looked online, and can't find any info on that.

Thanks!

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 04/17/19 08:42 AM
Well, women shouldn't marry MEN like that either....whoa

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 04/16/19 06:52 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 04/16/19 06:57 PM

I've reached the point where I see the whole mate-search almost mathematically. I visualize it as a combination of arcs of peoples lives (their lessons and remaining or newfound hopes), with the circumstances of existence itself.

As I experienced various things with mates in the past, I learned about my own limits, and about how to watch for limits in others. Things I knew that I needed a mate to enjoy or believe in, things that I knew I liked, that limited who could enjoy me.

Exactly..
I know what I need to be whole, happy, at peace, and $^#@& on those who tell me I am "too picky" because I want "a mate to enjoy or believe in, things that I knew I liked"...
If we don't like and enjoy a lot of similar things...we will spend less time together/ have less in common, and, for ME..this is more inportant the older I get..

As we go through it, some avenues and opportunities close forever behind us, and fewer and fewer possibilities are available ahead. We can easily end up in a place where there is no option to go where we want, we can only go where the maze is still open.

Right.
I am certainly not where I want to be, in many ways..but, like your lines said:
"We can easily end up in a place where there is no option to go where we want, we can only go where the maze is still open."

In the world of mating, that means that although I may be fine and dandy as a match for lots of women, unless one of them chances to be in a part of the maze that I can still reach, it doesn't matter.

If they don't happen to be on the same site at the same time, or at the event you are at at the same time, or wherever...doesn't matter how right you two are for each other...it doesn't happen

In the end, being a "great guy" is less than half the game won. We have to be THE "great guy" that the "great gal" we have come to recognize we must demand (due to our own limitations) wants, AND we have to be close enough to make things work.

Exactly.
Just because I may see a guy that looks interesting, he may not think *I* am cute, he may not like my looks at all...and may discount me without even talking to me..
*HE* has to be interested in me..not just *me* in *him*...it does take two..

And each and every quirk we have, or that our lives has delivered us into, slices off that many more possible mates.

We all grow, and change, and (one hopes) become more sure of ourselves, out worth, what we need and want and can and can't live with...and the mere fact we ARE more selective does narrow down the pool...

It's not a good thing or a bad thing or a tragic thing, it's just a REAL thing.

It just is what it is...and the best we can do is try and work wothin the limitations..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 04/16/19 08:34 AM

I want to talk to a complete stranger and just talk about whatever. The fun things in life talk to another real individual! That so much to ask haha. Insomnia and late nights

Good luck with that....

Out of the, say...1000 non-conversations I have had on various dating sites over the past few years...if I expected something more than "hey"...~hey~..."how u"...~good, and how are you~..."good"...., tried to get them to,you know, actually converse?
I was disappointed....that's apparently all they were capable of..noway

I never have been any good at that goofy small talk....I like to chat about real things...their interests and hobbies...their life....favorite places to see or eat or whatever locally...any number of endless subjects..ohwell

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 04/14/19 01:29 PM
noway rofl rofl rofl

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 03:00 PM

What is everybody's opinion about open marriages and the poly lifestyle?

If that's your (someone's) thing...fine...
Just don't push/ pressure someone who *isn't* into it to do it...or shame them because they won't..telling them they need to "free their mind" and all that nonsense...

Also?
If that is your thing...make sure whoever you get involved with knows it upfront...not months after they get with you then you spring it on them....that's dishonest.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 08:52 AM

That is a hard one and very individual. I'd say I feel special when random things are done for me that I'm not anticipating. Thoughtful things, caring things.

Yep..this ^

What may one person feel special/ valued may not make another person feel that way....

The fact that someone takes the time to learn wehat makes *you* feel special and valued...that speaks volumes...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 08:48 AM

Many dating sites are geared for Dating. You just have to discover them.

I find very few are actually geared to dating but are instead geared to forming a monogamous relationship. An actual dating site would provide an opportunity for a Friday evening dinner partner or someone to attend a Saturday event. I have yet to find a suitable dating site. I think this is because most women are looking for relationships not dating.

People have suggested "Meetup" to me..

Great...except there are no groups that have anything of interest to me within 75 miles...
"Start your own then"...
Pfft...some of us are NOT organizers...I am good at helping/ facilitating existing things..but not intial organizing..

We all have strengths in different areas...the thing is to know where they lie, and where they don't...:thumbsup: waving

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 08:23 AM

Oh, so i guess POF, Match, eHarmony, OurTime, Zoosk....those aren't "dating sites geared for dating"?

Ok, sorry...my bad..what *was* I thinking...

Humm she did not say that those sites you listed were not geared for dating she said you have to find the ones that are!

Many so called Dating sites like POF and DH and even Mingle are not just Dating sites they are Dating/Social sites and it's why many have forums in order to pass the time and get to know other members while you search for those that are there for actually Dating~~~ But the fact is you will find many Dating/Social sites that some just join to interact within the forums to pass the time..

Well, the question remains then..which ARE actual dating sites?
All the ones I listed promote their site *as* a dating site, so one would reasonably think that is what they are....not a "social" site for idle chit chat to pass the time...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 07:42 AM

Oh, so i guess POF, Match, eHarmony, OurTime, Zoosk....those aren't "dating sites geared for dating"?

Ok, sorry...my bad..what *was* I thinking...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 07:37 AM

My wife has any many medical problems, we have not had intimacy, specifically sex of any form, for YEARS. I may go to hell for seeking sex outside my marriage but this waiting is unbearable for me.

I am curious...
If you had been in an accident that caused you not to be able to get it up (spinal nerve damage), or perform sex in any form, or whatever..would YOU be undestanding and OK with your wife going out and looking for it elsewhere?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 04/12/19 07:32 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Fri 04/12/19 07:33 AM

The thing is when the settlers or Invaders initiated this county it was established upon an idea that freedom was a good given right and even though they in essence were Christian with a conversion mission, that everyone should be allowed.to worship as they wish. That everyone should be free to speak or not to speak as they wish. They never made a national.language even though many signs are in English, but would.you tell the blind to see so they could read English and we don't have to.print Braille for them. Freedom for speech means any language. This a.melting pot of ethnicity when we don't even speak English in itself.but many languages and phrases from many ethnicities.

The funny thing is..I don't hear anyone complaining about the people in Chinatown in San Francisco need to learn to "speak English"..or the Hasidic Jews, or any other group that has their little enclave ("Little Italy, or any of the other area in NY wehere you can go and not hear English, abnd the signs are in whatever ethnicioty that aprticuar area is)..
A *lot* of the older people never learned English, and yet were quite productive, and brough intetreting things culturally to this country..

I'm reminded of those whote people that took Native children away from their hancestral homes, cut their hair, made them wear white people clothes, follow white people's customs, and beat them for speaking their own language instead of English...all under the guise of "helping" them..

EVERY other first world country (Germnany, Switzerland, Sweden, to name a few that I know people from), the people speak 2 languages...whatever the main language is, and English.
American is the only one where the majotrity of the population doesn't.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/11/19 11:47 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 04/11/19 11:47 AM

Personally speaking, I just do not understand why so many people choose to play games on these sites. Just makes it harder for those of us, having to weed through all the nonsense, when we are truly in search for a meaningful relationship. Go figure...

I have come to the conclusion that most on here and other dating sites (DATING sites, listed as such...not general social sites) are apparently only on there because they are bored, looking to kill time, or just like to **** with people..

I don't want to be your chat buddy...don't need more "friends" (got those, thanks..they spend the weekends and holidays with their spouse/ partner, as they should, but that doesn't do ME any good).

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 04/11/19 11:42 AM
Fluttering eyelashes???
How old are these girls...12??

Hell, I never fluttered my eylashes, or did that playing with my hair thing...I have always hated artifice/ contrived stuff..

I would say when she *makes time* for you...isn't too busy/ has so much else going on she can't find time to be with or talk to you..(someone who *makes* the effort to be with you)

Maybe writes you goofy notes (I used to write goofy notes to my late husband when we went out to eat sometimes, on napkins when he got up to go to the bathroom..he'd find it on his chair when he gpot back...:wink:

Asks about your day.....

As far as knowing if it is sincere, or putting on an act....I can't help you there..
I have good spidey-sense, and can *usually* tell when someone is being fake...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 04/09/19 05:37 PM

Nothing is impossible , if you can think it , believe it , then you can be it...

Hmmmm...so, if I think, feel, and believe I can jump off a roof while flapping my arms that I will fly...that'll relly happpen...???

Cool....

Oh, and let me tell my blind friend that all he needs to do is think feel, and believe he can see/ has normal sight and he will.....gosh, he'll be SO glad to know that....

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 04/09/19 01:43 PM

Jaish

That is a lot of information, however, point is. Poschers should NOT kill Rhinos for ANY Reason. NOTHING. Really Justifies Killing them.

THIS ^

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next