I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 06/30/19 03:17 PM

I find that women generally want to get into our gears and tell us how things should be done, we're men with real life experiences and I've never felt the need to drift into her lane to show her how driving should be done.

I fear being micro managed by her, as if she knows better whoa noway

I find that *men* generally want to get into our gears and tell us how things should be done, we're women with real life experiences and I've never felt the need to drift into HIS lane to show him how driving should be done.

I fear being micro managed by him, as if *he* knows better.

Works both ways, darlin'......

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 06/29/19 02:14 PM

As I'm sure you know, a 'closed group' on fb can be seen by others but they can't join unless invited. A 'secret group' is just that, only members know about it and can see it. These groups are totally invisible to everyone else.

Of course fb collects a vast amount of data from all its members. We would all be amazed if we could see everything they know about us. I can tell that's true in my case because the 'people you might know' feature regularly suggests people I have not seen or had any connection with for many years, people who I never knew were on fb! fb is a scary place, but sadly necessary these days.

The group I made is a "Closed" group, as it is a "niche" group..directed at a specific group (not important here in this conversation).
Any prospective joiners *would* appreciate that..having a safe place to meet others of their ilk..

They message me to join, have to answer 3 questions...which is normal procedure for "Closed" groups. :thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 06/29/19 12:21 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 06/29/19 12:22 PM

What you can do on facebook is ask all your friends to 'like' your group. Their friends will see what they have liked and some of them might also 'like' your group. The more likes you get the more the group gets noticed.

As far as I know, it is also possible to take out an advert for the group and target the advertising to people who live near you, are in your age range, or whatever criteria you request. If that isn't possible, it should be!

My 25 friends on FB are all in other states.(CO, NY, WA, etc...)
They are people I have known for almost 20 years (since the internet thingy realy got going).
We met in a chat room/ bulletin board thing of a common thing we all shared, and have stayed in touch through various groups over the years..
Then when FB came along..it was free..so we all went there in a closed/ private group.

I am not interested in casually adding strangers..

I did try to set up a Meetup group last week...unfortunately..it isn't free (I didn't not know that)..and I am not interested in shelling out money for something that may not yield any results.
But, back to FB..
I *thought* if people did a search for a topic they are interested in...a bunch of groups come up...that'smhow *I* have found other group/pages I frequent.

So, seems to me if someone searchs for "Over 50 dating" on FB..they'd stumble across mine.
Nope, no one here needs to know the name...because if there were any likely men in my area (Middle TN)...I would have run across them on here by now (via the search by zip code).

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/28/19 08:49 PM

seriously...NO one wants to see that unless they ask, especially if it looks like a yam with tumors, gross!

A guy sent me his some time back..I felt sory for him..it looked like a hairless baby gerbil.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/28/19 08:46 PM

I must be one of the lucky ones. I have never looked at a relationship as "losing anything" To me I have always "GAINED". Like anything else in life, if it is worth having, it is worth working for. If it is the right relationship you gain satisfaction and pleasure in making your partner feel like they are the 'only one' in the world for you, that 'special gift'. You reap what you sow. I have gained so much, the effort was always returned ten fold. Maybe it is a mind set.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/28/19 01:20 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Fri 06/28/19 01:21 PM
After the travesty that was my first marriage (in the 80's)...I learned to be more selective/ screen carefuly..
It got me two wonderful guys (am a widow now, sadly)..

I gave up nothing with either of them, as we were each other's best friend, the one we most wanted to do things with...we liked most of the same things, and the very few we didn't were not that big a deal..
I can only think of two things..my late husband watched college football (npt pro)...I hate football, but it wasn't a problem as I either read, or piddled on the computer while he was watching...
The guy before him liked to go to downtown Nashville and hang out and "people watch" (tourists)...I never got into that..
But, in all honesty..those are the only things we didn't share in common.

I hope to find one more like either of those.

I'm sad that so many *have* had to give up things..
And, funny dat...*those* same people who complain they had to give up this or that are the SAME people that tell me I am too picky, or differences are good, or I'll never find someone who I have everything in common with (hello? had 2).

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 06/27/19 07:07 PM
Maybe it is as simple as the women you are "approaching" don't date men of color.
That's their perogative,they are allowed to have prefernces...just like so many men won't date overwweight women.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 06/26/19 10:13 AM
"old slappers"?????

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 06/23/19 01:18 PM

No groups at all? Where do you live? I mean I see where you are from in your profile, but are you in a very rural area? Just curious because I've had a lot of fun doing activities with Meetup like listening to live, music, going out to dinner, going to movies & dancing.

Nope.
As I said..most are an hour away (Knoxville).
The 2 that *were* local-ish disbanded.
As I *said*..I am not interested in being told "start your own"...
I am not an organizer...but will glady help someone else insofar as support/ help..
We all have different talemnts/ capabilities, and, that's OK.:thumbsup:

Heck, i made a group on Facebook last year (Sept.) for like-minded single people in my area..
So far, no one has asked to join...I can't promote it...have no idea how....

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 06/22/19 10:56 PM

No, I'm an A-hole.

Yer theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvIpdAlTLw

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/21/19 08:30 PM

I totally agree~! I have been hit with that "age doesn't matter" pick up line so many times that I stopped counting!
Wow that's a pick up line. I didn't know

It's a "pickup line" when it is directed at someone whose stated preferences are NOT the particular person saying that crap..
Meaning..if someone states they want someone under 30...or over 45 (or whatever)..and that's not *you*...and you throw that "age is just a number" at them, it's because you don't resepct their preferences and boundaries, and,think you are exception they'll make...whoa

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 06/19/19 08:51 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Wed 06/19/19 08:54 PM

A man who isn't overweight will look fine without any makeup on.
The fat men need to wear makeup.
The bald men need to get hair transplants too.
Fat and bald, they need makeup and hair transplants.
6 pack abs handsome with lots of money they can do what they want.

Hows that work for you?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 06/19/19 08:06 PM

A woman who isn't overweight will look fine without any make-up on.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 06/19/19 03:40 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Wed 06/19/19 03:42 PM

COMING SOON from your federal government...... FREE MANDATORY VASECTOMIES !!!!

That’s right ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for us women to get into office and see that men are finally forced to own the responsibility they have in causing pregnancy. We women can’t control when our eggs release or make our uterus ready for pregnancy. We need medical intervention for that.

But men don’t have that problem. They can control the one thing needed for pregnancy all on their own. Our sexual pleasure doesn’t cause pregnancy, it doesn’t release an egg or prep the uterus. It’s ONLY the males pleasure that causes pregnancy.

And they have the ability to keep it to themselves until they want children.

The way the narrative is now, everything falls onto the woman’s shoulders. ALL of it.

THEY have the one missing ingredient but it is us women who supposedly has “something special to be only shared during marriage”. That is classic projection. It’s not us with something special, it’s them.

Women are told their sex drive is a maternal instinct to mother but men are told their drive is an animalistic desire for pleasure. We aren’t supposed to have sex unless we want children but men are supposed to get all they can before they supposedly are forced to be with one woman the rest of their life.

It’s NATURAL for him to want to dump his stuff anywhere and everywhere he can and how do they justify this? By making you responsible for his actions. It’s up to you to regulate him and if you fail at any point you are the problem.

Want to take the pregnancy to term? Then you are a leach, you are trapping a man, you are getting taxpayers money you are after the mans money. All because you couldn’t control yourself.

Know that you can’t afford to feed yourself half the time and can’t feed another mouth, let alone child care and missed work and doctor appointments and feeling sick and health issues and bottles and furniture and on and on, and decide to abort the pregnancy because you don’t want handouts and your an evil murder who didn’t give the father a chance.

It doesn’t matter what we do because we will always be wrong.

It’s time that we quit being a scapegoat for men and their bodies. They have the ability to release or NOT release their own fluids.

It’s time they dealt with that and the responsibility that comes with it. No more using women to justify your lack of ownership in what you possess.

It’s time males took their bodies seriously and it’s time we taught them to only give out that special ingredient to the woman who he wants to mother his children. That’s what that special sauce is for after all, the missing ingredient to make that unique and special little life at conception.

Within hours of it leaving your body you could have created a life by your standards at conception.

You need to control that stuff!! And you can!!! It’s your body! Own it!

~ twitter

I'm all for that!
No woman EVER got pregnant by herself.
They want to regulate us?
Let them do the same for the guys...because without his "donation", no pregnancy would ever occur.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 06/17/19 10:38 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Mon 06/17/19 10:41 PM
I believe that happened last year.

Edited to add (since we can't delete posts)
This was the one *I* was thinking abotu:

"Another Kentucky bourbon barrel warehouse collapsed last year. Half of a warehouse collapsed at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown on June 22, 2018, and the other half came down two weeks later."

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 06/15/19 02:10 PM

Once again i am bringing up the FACT that the profile locations are false. The users are not the ones to blame. I have asked all of them and not one entered the locations that are being shown to me. This is not a once in awhile thing. It is 75 percent of the time.

I personally have only encountered this with scammers.

I really doubt there's any reason why the system would arbitrarily change someone's location that *they* had entrered.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/14/19 06:43 PM

I do remember about 30 years ago at one point I had some facial hair that was short enough to be scratchy and getting complaints that it was too rough on that so soft inner thigh skin, can't have that tears

I have had some real dips**ts claim that I must love facial hair for "sexual" reasons (what you alluded to)..
Funny thing was..until some idiot on one of the dating sites said that..I had never thought of that..
I just love the *look* of a beard on a man..to *me*, it's an asthetic thing.
Nothimg else.
Period.

Like some guys like skinny women over chunky women.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/14/19 01:58 PM
WHY IS THIS STILL UP?

Apparently a few people have reported it ias spam/ advertisment...with is a prohibited posting.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 06/14/19 08:20 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Fri 06/14/19 08:23 AM
LOVE a good beard on a man...
Think Eric Clapton back in the day..and Barry Gibb..
Then there's Richard Branson, and Sam Bush...Sean Connery..:heart: smooched
Amd many older menin acedemia (professors).

WHY so many people equate facial hair with being dirty, I have no idea.
I don';t think any of the people I named above were/ are dirty.

Everybody is different, and that's fine, but...a baby-smooth clean shaven guy is as much a turn off for *me* as facial hair is for many women..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 06/13/19 08:35 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 06/13/19 08:35 AM

Something wrong?

Nope, jusat wanted to say I loved your profile and feel we are on the same page with our sgta dards and what we are looking for..
No, not weird or anything, just wanted to give you a virtual high five..