I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/01/19 04:35 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 08/01/19 04:36 PM
Why would you want to add a picture to a message?

You are allowed to post a bunch of pictures of you on your profile...that should be sufficient.
Unless you are wanting to send non G-rated pictures...noway

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/01/19 01:01 PM

If the lady is much younger, has a photo that looks like it was taken in a motel room, says she's from Algonac, Allenton, Almont or Armada in the Michigan Thumb (but looks nothing like a farmer's daughter), never fills in any details and never gives a direct answer then it's a safe bet she's going to try and run a scam.

And, make a mental note of the lady's name, her photo and any details. If you see the same photo with a different name, town and age within a day or two that's Red Flag City right there.

Good luck!

Google image search is your friend...
I have run across the same picture posted in numerous places that way...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/01/19 12:01 PM

Almost everyone who has sent me a message has had their account de-activated the next day when I try to contact them. Am I attracting only scammers? That seems to be what is happening...

Yes.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 07/30/19 07:47 AM

Well, man and woman, both must be righteous. The man the leader and the woman the follower. With the Lord their is no such thing as equality. They must approve themselves and then the woman must follow in righteousness and she will be rewarded with righteous deeds. The world has become wicked hence we think that we must find out what a woman wants or needs. It was the woman who "sinned" and therefore we all die.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 07/29/19 11:57 AM

Seems like for a free dating site, they sure want my money just to see who is interested in me. Is there any sites that are truly free?

You can find pleanty of people on here for free....

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 07/28/19 09:56 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sun 07/28/19 09:57 AM

Ever give a scammer or telemarketer another scammer or telemarketer's number out??? it's friggin awesome! sometimes they call you back all mad n stuff.

Yes, I posted I do that *months* ago..
I keep a list of the scammer phone numbers and e-mails they send me, and send them to other ones....let those morons talk to each other...LOL

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 07/27/19 05:34 PM

What I don't like is that it has become a must to be bald there.
I don't like it when others define what I can or cannot do. I prefer to decide for myself.
It was more fun when you could trim to be neat, bikini line, or bald, or nothing at all.

As before, i will qoute Minne pearl

"no one should mind going through a little brush to get to a picnic.."blushing

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 07/25/19 08:27 AM

hi guys do ye trim shave or leave alone no one talks about this

If you are asking about trimming/ shaving one's nether parts..I'd rather a guy NOT do that.

A. It just looks weird...like raw turkey parts....*not* a turn on/ appealing to me.

B. I don't fancy the look of a pre-pubescent boy.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 07/22/19 06:20 PM
What the heck is/ where is "Unlock All Photos"???

I don't see anything that says that, I just looked...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 07/22/19 12:21 PM

No relationship is always 50/50 . But I am 99.9 percent sure that the men who say oh yeah I'm totally ok with the little ( or not so little lol) lady staying home while I work my azzzzzz off and to come home and find her still in her PJs lying on the couch eating bon bons and watching reality TV all day. Yeah right

If you do your due dilligence, and screen a partner carefully...ask questions before you start to date..then watch their behavior *while* you are dating before you get to the pooint of living together...this type thing wouldn't happen.

If they are lazy or some such...you would certainly see *some* sign of it befofe things got that far..

Indeed. I wouldn't even get involved with someone who has nothing going for themselves in life. You don't even have to meet someone to find out. Just chatting gives it away.

The guy who was my mechanic (where I was before I moved)..he was married to one of those at one time..
Said he was young, and really didn't give much thought to anything other than the sex..
(we were actually friends, we talked while he worked on my car)

Anyway...he divorced her, and got a good one..
She's a few years older than him, but...they are very happy...been married for over 10 years now..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 07/22/19 11:59 AM

No relationship is always 50/50 . But I am 99.9 percent sure that the men who say oh yeah I'm totally ok with the little ( or not so little lol) lady staying home while I work my azzzzzz off and to come home and find her still in her PJs lying on the couch eating bon bons and watching reality TV all day. Yeah right

If you do your due dilligence, and screen a partner carefully...ask questions before you start to date..then watch their behavior *while* you are dating before you get to the pooint of living together...this type thing wouldn't happen.

If they are lazy or some such...you would certainly see *some* sign of it befofe things got that far..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 07/22/19 11:55 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Mon 07/22/19 11:56 AM

Yes. So is it real? What I was sent was a hoax (read= advertisement for CBD oil)

Someone with more knowledge than I needs to expound on this, but, in TN at least...CBD oil is legal...
It doesn't contain THC or whatever the "illegal" stuff is...
It is made from hemp..

I know there are stores in Knboxville and Cookeville that sell it...I am sure in other cities as well..

I bought some...haven't tried it yet.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 07/22/19 11:16 AM
Are you referring to this?

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2018/12/21/trump-signs-farm-bill-making-cbd-and-hemp-federally-legal/2385540002/

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 07/21/19 11:59 AM

I am aware some here don't feel distance is a limitation (or one should have ANY limitations)..but, let's be practical/ realistic.

If one of the people doesn't fly/ drive long distances...then it is always going to be the other person doing the traveling.
And, I can't find anyone within a reasonable distance that can actually carry on a conversation...(repeat 2-3 word/ on line replies are NOT conucive to getting to know someone)....I sure as heck am not going to travel half a day for the privilege to sit with someone whose conversational skills are no better in person..noway

I *have* given a few guys the benefit of the doubt, and set up a meeting against my better judgement because they claimed that didn't like typing..did better at in person conversaion...Nope, they were just as lazy/bad at it in person...
But, i didn't drive more than 75 miles to find that out...ohwell

I am aware there are people who HAVE started a chat with someone several states away, and gotten to know each other, and are now married...
I know ONE couple..he lived in TN...and she was in WA..
Don't know them well enough to pry and ask specifics..they are a good deal younger than me...it is a casual friend of mine's son..

But, for myself.....even when I message guys who I appear to share a lot in common with (and vice versa)...I either get no reply...or a perfunctory "You're too far away"..

So.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 07/21/19 11:08 AM
Watch out...someone will suggest "the real people are in the Fourums"..
That is true, but...that's providing you run across someone in the Forums that is within a reasonable distance..
And, it's not the place to ask someone out.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 07/21/19 11:04 AM

Ok, I am an older person, I find that when I text/email I use the old 'letter' writing etiquette - I open with a salutation, even just "Hi" then say what I am texting/emailing about - then end with a closing. So how many here find themselves still using 'old school' letter writing techniques in a time of "lol" "TTYL" and all the shorthand, most of which I am not familiar with?

And is it a bad thing to use some old school 'politeness'? Or am I a dinosaur? Do we all have to buy into QUICK in every text and email? (mostly texting)

I fully admit to being a dinosaur!
I know exactly what you mean and it's frustrating and sometimes takes me a while to figure out what some are even saying in extreme cases. In my case as a man it's usually the younger the more they won't or don't know how to even form complete sentences. Sadly it seems many are borderline illiterates or just too lazy! Also I think as time passes more and more most social graces fall by the wayside.
My best advice is to be proud of who you are, your experiences and embrace your inner dinosaur.
After all what's the alternative? Dumb yourself down to their level? Not me!

So true! Even with older folks , sometimes I will write a person maybe commenting on their profile ( never anything rude I try to say something uplifting ) and wtf? No answer not even a " thank you" if you read my profile I'm not interested in a relationship, so they don't need to be afraid I'll show up at their doorstep makes me think sometimes WOW! I can see why you can't find someone......but you right on on your observation...

ibaceltic1...

I am SO DA*M tired of people saying "no reply is a reply"..
That's bulls**t.

If someone came up to you at an event or party and tried to start a conversation...would you just walk away without replying?
Just sit there and ignore them?
No?

Then what makes people think it is OK to do that online?
(dating sites)

It costs me nothing but a fw seconds of my time to write them (if i am not intetrested) and politely say that.
I feel that is the courteous and decent thing to do..
But then..I am older, and was raised with manners...winking

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 07/20/19 08:37 PM

Ok, I am an older person, I find that when I text/email I use the old 'letter' writing etiquette - I open with a salutation, even just "Hi" then say what I am texting/emailing about - then end with a closing. So how many here find themselves still using 'old school' letter writing techniques in a time of "lol" "TTYL" and all the shorthand, most of which I am not familiar with?

And is it a bad thing to use some old school 'politeness'? Or am I a dinosaur? Do we all have to buy into QUICK in every text and email? (mostly texting)

I fully admit to being a dinosaur!
I know exactly what you mean and it's frustrating and sometimes takes me a while to figure out what some are even saying in extreme cases. In my case as a man it's usually the younger the more they won't or don't know how to even form complete sentences. Sadly it seems many are borderline illiterates or just too lazy! Also I think as time passes more and more most social graces fall by the wayside.
My best advice is to be proud of who you are, your experiences and embrace your inner dinosaur.
After all what's the alternative? Dumb yourself down to their level? Not me!

Your last line....:thumbsup:

I do not text.

But, on e-mails and whatnot (messages on the various dating sites), I use complete words, punctuation...
Sadly, most of the guys on those sites dont seem capable of that...which is sad.

I could understand the younger people with their lame cre8tive ways of (non) spelling...
But, dang, darlin'....you are almost 60...don't try and write like a 13 year old...it isn't cute....just makes you look lazy. whoa

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 07/20/19 11:31 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 07/20/19 11:31 AM

I get that all the time: give me your email and I'll send you pictures. I appear to be irresistible to an unlikely number of young, attractive women laugh

Yep..
In my case it is guys 300+ miles away (some on the other side of the country)..
But, no one within a reasonable distance of me..noway

Strange...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 07/20/19 11:03 AM

In case you already have the image (host) here is the code used:
[*img]http addy here[*/img]

Without the asterisks ;-)

Does that ^ work if it is an picture i took and saved on my computer?
Because i don't think so...I have tried that before...frown

No, you need a 'host' and/or an internet address.

OK, I misunderstood..
I thought you meant when someone (host) had the image (on their computer)..

My bad.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 07/20/19 10:27 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 07/20/19 10:28 AM

In case you already have the image (host) here is the code used:
[*img]http addy here[*/img]

Without the asterisks ;-)

Does that ^ work if it is an picture i took and saved on my computer?
Because i don't think so...I have tried that before...frown