I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/15/19 11:18 AM

Unfortunately there is no socially acceptable way to meet women.

Actually, there is. I meet women all of the time.
I'm all eyes to see where this may happen. Doesn't seem to happen much in my life. On rare occasions at a convenience or grocery store and they are often very young or very old.

Dude...I see lots men in my age range in grocery stores (and various other stores), at the gas pumps, at restaurants (eating alone), at various social things I go to all the time..

Now, whether they are single, and would in any way be interested in me...I have no idea...
But, I am not believing you don't see women in your age range out & about.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/15/19 11:14 AM

So to set the ball rolling I believe the three golden rules are:
1 Be yourself.
2 Be honest.
3 Be truthful.

Congrats on your noble attempt overall.

However, to be more specific, the three "golden" rules for MEN are:

1) Be 6 feet tall.

2) Be a male model, or look like one.

3) Own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari (only 500 manufactured)

I suspect that men who fit this category seldom, if ever, lack for female companionship.

Or would have much of a problem on a dating site, either.

Well then....by YOUR logic women need to be thin, young, and pretty, and don't ever question a guy/ have an opinion...
If this were not true, then countless middle-aged women wouldn't still be lonely.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/15/19 10:14 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 08/15/19 10:14 AM

It would take a series of books to say what women want.......and a new book would need to be written daily because it's a constantly evolving and changing subject. tongue2

The same thing could be said about men, if you are making sweeping generalizations.

I haven't changed my mind about what i want and like in the past long while...
I'm sure there are many other women the same way.

Just like there are many guys who DO change their mind often/ are wiffly-waffly about what they want..
(from the half-as**d conversations I have had with them on the various dating sites)

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/15/19 10:10 AM

Unfortunately there is no socially acceptable way to meet women.

Actually, there is. I meet women all of the time.

:thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/15/19 08:32 AM

Been finding out I can "Put Up With" more now than I could when I was younger as long as I remember that I and my expectations are not important to her being her and who she is.

So far, she has not demonstrated ANYTHING that is not within my tolerances.
Perhaps I am weak.
Maybe I have lost my morality.
Perhaps, just maybe, her being her is not an assault on me but merely just her being her?

Frankly, she accepts me being weird, why shouldn't I accept her being weird?
All in all, we seem to get along JUST FINE.

Well, not sure how that is relevant to anyone else's prefernces or life experiences..but, I *am* happy for you...:thumbsup:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 08/14/19 05:03 PM

We're wiser, more resilient and more understanding.

With age comes wisdom, courage, humility, compassion, patience

Is that the reason that the divorce rate among 2nd marriages is higher than 1st marriages, and the divorce rate among 3rd marriages is even higher?

All that wisdom and understanding and patience?

Well, yes.
Because you are more sure of yourself, and there are some things you just won;t put up with/ overlook..like you would when you were much younger (meaning, you won't put up with stupid s**t)..

BUT...*I* would think if someone had had a lot of life experience and knew what they can and can't live with...they'd be a bit more careful in who they pick to be with in the first place.....:shrug:

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 08/14/19 12:01 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Wed 08/14/19 12:32 PM

When it comes to dating or meeting potential dates, the ability to judge whether someone is decent or a creep is very important for their own personal safety!

Yes, it is.
And based on the number of disaster stories and disappointments related by people on dating site forums such as these, a lot of people are sorely lacking in that judgment ability.

And, oddly, when I express my boundaries and concerns...I am told I need to "lighten up"/ "don't have such an attitude"/ "you must be a angry bitter person"..

No dude..I just don't anything about you..you are at this point just some random stranger, your profile doesn't say anything, and hey...a woman has to be careful...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 08/12/19 08:32 PM

Yeah I do I feel sad for people like you old kid. You don't know what kind of day that person you plop your big hennie down next to has had, so for you to feel so entitled and put out when they don't want to have a conversation is rude and ignorant on YOUR part. Maybe they just got laid off from work or had bad news , had a death in the family etc etc but according to you Mr Entitlement they should not be out in public . They should be home and let the social butterflies like you flit around the room. Some people are perfectly happy to have conversations when THEY feel like it, not because someone demands it.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 08/12/19 05:24 PM

To add some insight: I tend to be a friendly, sociable person.

I am probably very poor at reading body language .

I expect both men and women, to be socially receptive to appropriate greetings from others. If I say "good morning" to you, I expect a similar response. If we are setting side by side at a sports bar and a game is on, I may make a comment to you about a play that just happened - I expect a response from you. Yes, I do expect some level of social chatter from you in a public social setting. Why would you be in a public social setting if you are unwilling to engage in some level of interaction with others? Just too many rude people in today's world that never learned any manners!! They should just stay home and let the rest of us enjoy life.

When in public areas, your personal space is controlled by the environment around you that you chose to be in. If you are in a place with lots of people, your personal space is going to get very small while if you are in a park with only a few people around, it can be large. If you are uncomfortable with the amount of personal space you have, change the environment you are in.

La di da, if someone says hello to me I'll greet them back, but there are times when I don't feel like having a conversation with someone, maybe I've had a bad day at work or whatever and just want to chill by myself without someone getting all up in their face and being all offended by it, it's my right if I want to be alone and out in public at my favorite restaurant or pub.just shake it off find someone else you can engage with, simple right?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/08/19 06:36 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 08/08/19 06:37 PM
More lame stereotypical crap... whoa huh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 08/08/19 07:06 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Thu 08/08/19 07:09 AM

My hypothesis is they are lazy and seeking instant gratification. They are not interested in getting to know that person, they just want a quick hook up without putting in any effort so they only look at the pics like a toddler lol.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 08/07/19 03:35 PM

this movie is not that high budget movie, but it was good I say. You can see it!

Was it the original...the one made in the 1970's?
I thought I heard they had heard they remade it.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 08/06/19 07:21 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 08/06/19 07:56 PM

Here you go, this pretty much covers the state of country music these days which in my opinion is 95% just soul less garbage!

Shooter Jennings - Outlaw You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lU8q2COs8w

He should know...his dad was one of the original guys back when you could come to Nashville with a suitcase full of handwritten songs and a guitar and *make it*...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 08/06/19 10:29 AM

don't be so judgement there all kinds of reasons people have affairs till you know the facts don't judge have seen it many times in my work where a partner that's dieing or very ill they give the other the choice to have an affair it one of the most loving thing someone can do there are many reasons people have affairs yes some are just scum bags I was the other women he was married but separate he was the best person I know loving, kind and of course French pitchfork the only person I have love

Well, if it is due to their partner's health or some such..and their partner has truly given them "permission"..then here should be no problem with me speaking to her to verify this, right?
Just to make sure everything is on the level/ above board..

Otherwise, you are clearly hiding something, and THAT is dishonest.
these are people who did talk to the other partner or was ask a friend to have sex with their spouse sometimes sex is just sex a phy. need nothing else

I said..*if* they have their partner's supposed permission to fool around..then it should be OK for someone who is going to engage in sex with them to verify that fact with said partner....and, if they don't allow you to do that, then the other partner has no clue and there is something shady going on..
Sorry you misunderstood....
indifferent

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 08/05/19 08:18 AM

don't be so judgement there all kinds of reasons people have affairs till you know the facts don't judge have seen it many times in my work where a partner that's dieing or very ill they give the other the choice to have an affair it one of the most loving thing someone can do there are many reasons people have affairs yes some are just scum bags I was the other women married but separate he was the best person I know loving, kind and of course French pitchfork

Well, if it is due to their partner's health or some such..and their partner has truly given them "permission"..then here should be no problem with me speaking to her to verify this, right?
Just to make sure everything is on the level/ above board..

Otherwise, you are clearly hiding something, and THAT is dishonest.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 08/04/19 04:10 PM

Hi Jack... Welcome to Mingle2 waving

Steve's right, just hang out in the forums and you'll meet plenty of genuine people.

But, the Forums are not the place to meet someone locally to date...which is what most of us joined this site for noway

That's why we use the "Search" parameters..to find someone in our age range and within a reasonable distance (for those of us who do not flay and aren't itnerested in driving 4 hours to meet up)..

Sure, the Forums are good for killing time, some idle chitchat.....but not for meeting a prospective partner...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 08/03/19 09:00 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sat 08/03/19 09:02 AM

I presume you're referring to this:

GRAMMAR GAFFES
There’s 3 things (ARE)
It looks like he’s leaving (AS IF)
People that (WHO)
weaved (WOVEN)
he was bit by a dog (BITTEN)
bored of (WITH)
laying around (LYING)
korter (QUARTER
the guy was headed (... MAN WAS HEADING)
like I say AS I SAID)
There’s lots of people (THERE ARE
Nucilar (NUCLEAR)
you guys (...MEN, WOMEN, PEOPLE)
fed up of (.... WITH)
they collapsed it (it COLLAPSED)
the ship sunk (SANK)
I felt like no-one would (I felt THAT……)
it seems as if (it seems THAT)
not that big of a problem (not SUCH A BIG ….)
you better (you HAD better)
the pants match the jacket (the TROUSERS match ……)
she could of (….. HAVE)
your a friend (YOU’RE ...)
grand kids (GRAND CHILDREN)
based around (... ON)
he’s headed for (HEADING)
to lay around (LIE ….)
The exact same thing (EXACTLY THE SAME ……)
With regards to… (….REGARD ...)
for free (FREE)
Where he was sat (...SITTING
placed into (..IN)
He bought it along (BROUGHT)
There’s two guys to see you (THERE ARE ... PEOPLE .. … …)
It’s real nice (REALLY)
He brought it to the man next door (..TOOK ... )
I’m sorry for your problem ( … ABOUT ….)
To progress ….. (ADVANCE, MOVE ON, MAKE HEADWAY, etc)
Some guy… (A MAN)
Déjà vous (Déjà VU
In a meeting (AT . …….)
gonna (GOING TO)
accommodationS (ACCOMMODATION)
on such short notice (AT… ….. ……)
could care less (COULDN’T …. ….)
bring it to their house (TAKE .. .. ….. ……)
the man that (... … WHO)
vicious cycle (.......CIRCLE)
growing the business (EXPANDING, etc)
snuck into the room (SNEAKED …. … ….)
should of went (SHOULD HAVE GONE)
too big of a job (TOO BIG A …)
irregardless (REGARDLESS)
‘erbs (HERBS)
They disappeared them (....MADE them DISAPPEAR etc)
A Nother (ANOTHER)
The rout to (...ROUTE..)
went missing. (WERE missing/HAD VANISHED etc)
“I’m good thank you.” (...WELL ….. ...)
Last several years. (.... FEW …..)
You didn’t drink it yet. (... HAVEN’T DRUNK .. ...)
in the meanwhile (...... MEANTIME)
These kind of (.....KINDS ..)
were beat up (....BEATEN..)
less people (FEWER ……)
real happy (REALLY…..)
"you know" (!no comment!)
"sort-of" (!no comment!)
multiple eggs (MANY ….)
"like" (!no comment!)
innocent victim (VICTIM)
her and her husband (SHE……………)
“What is it?” (“CAN I HELP YOU?” [etc])
The reason why (THE REASON)
It seems like (It seems THAT)
There’s 3 things (ARE)
It looks like he’s leaving (AS IF)
People that (WHO)
weaved (WOVEN)
he was bit by a dog (BITTEN)
bored of (WITH)
laying around (LYING)
korter (QUARTER
the guy was headed (... MAN WAS HEADING)
like I say (AS I SAID)
There’s lots of people (THERE ARE
Nucilar (NUCLEAR)
you guys (...MEN, WOMEN, PEOPLE)
fed up of (.... WITH)
they collapsed it (it COLLAPSED)
the ship sunk (SANK)
I felt like no-one would (I felt THAT……)
it seems as if (it seems THAT)
not that big of a problem (not SUCH A BIG ….)
you better (you HAD better)
the pants match the jacket (the TROUSERS match ……)
she could of (….. HAVE)
your a friend (YOU’RE ...)
grand kids (GRAND CHILDREN)
based around (... ON)
he’s headed for (HEADING)
to lay around (LIE ….)
The exact same thing (EXACTLY THE SAME ……)
With regards to… (REGARD ...)
for free (FREE)
Where he was sat (...SITTING
placed into (..IN)
He bought it along (BROUGHT)
There’s two guys to see you (THERE ARE ... PEOPLE .. … …)
It’s real nice (REALLY)
He brought it to the man next door (..TOOK ... )
I’m sorry for your problem ( … ABOUT ….)
To progress it….. (ADVANCE IT, MOVE IT ON, etc)
Some guy… (A MAN)
Déjà vous (Déjà VU
In a meeting (AT . …….)
gonna (GOING TO)
accommodationS…..(ACCOMMODATION)
on such short notice (AT… ….. ……)
could care less (COULDN’T …. ….)
bring it to their house (TAKE .. .. ….. ……)
the man that (... … WHO)
vicious cycle (.......CIRCLE)
growing the business (EXPANDING, etc)
snuck into the room (SNEAKED …. … ….)
should of went (SHOULD HAVE GONE)
too big of a job (TOO BIG A …)
irregardless (REGARDLESS)
‘erbs (HERBS)
They disappeared them (....MADE them DISAPPEAR etc)
A Nother (ANOTHER)
The rout to (...ROUTE..)
went missing. (WERE missing/HAD VANISHED etc)
“I’m good thank you.” (...WELL ….. ...)
Last several years. (.... FEW …..)
You didn’t drink it yet. (... HAVEN’T DRUNK .. ...)
in the meanwhile (...... MEANTIME)
These kind of (.....KINDS ..)
were beat up (....BEATEN..)
less people (FEWER ……)
real happy (REALLY…..)
"you know" (!no comment!)
"sort-of" (!no comment!)
multiple eggs (MANY ….)
"like" (!no comment!)
innocent victim (VICTIM)
her and her husband (SHE……………)
“What is it?” (“CAN I HELP YOU?” [etc])
The reason why (THE REASON)
It seems like (It seems THAT)

You forgot one I have seen quite often..
"bomb fire" (bonfire)

When I see that, I want to write them and ask why they like to set things on fire and blow them up, but....nah...laugh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 08/03/19 08:25 AM

i hope me gray cells have not sprung a leak - I remember a forum thread where it was stated that a member could include pictures that were identified/tagged as private in messages to another member...and that those pictures were visible only to the recipient of the message...i hope admin can shed some light here...

But, the question mzrosie and I have is, why make any pictures "private"?
Is it a ploy to get people to message you?
Or, *does* this site allow nude/ nekkid pics..as long as they are marked "private"?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 08/02/19 05:54 PM

dat, thank you for the info.... but why send a picture of yourself when it is already in your profile. Do they ask for autographed pics?

it works when the pic is market private

But...why have pictutres marked "private"?
If ths site doesn't allow nasty/ nekkid pictures...why would they be allowed even as "private"?

And, if they are PG pictures, why the heck have them "marked private"???
huh what

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 08/02/19 05:52 PM

dat, thank you for the info.... but why send a picture of yourself when it is already in your profile. Do they ask for autographed pics?