I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 06/12/19 04:23 PM

Yes exactly that's how it should be anonymous.
For those who are concern about their privacy no one ask about names, numbers or private information's.
It's just general talk about your day or anything.
If you have concern about your privacy why you are here on dating site.
Some people like the old fashion way of making friends like writing a letter and this is a way of doing it.

But, sweetie...one could do an image search of a person's pics and find their name, address, etc....so, it isn't "anonymous"..

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 06/12/19 09:46 AM

Your profile is completely blank, you have no pic.
Why would anyone want to tell you anything?
I'm not being mean, I'm curious as to your thought process...

THIS ^

How do we know what we talk about won't be spread around/ sent to someone else.?

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 06/11/19 11:06 PM

What's so scary about having a conversation with everyone that does it and asking them personally.

Does anyone have that kind of time?

Why not?
You can have the most filled out and honest profile in the world.
Doesn't mean anything if no one says "hi" to you, or answer your "hi."

The more filled out it is, the better chances are you won't look like one of the many bot/scammer accounts. If you state something about revealing things due to privacy issues, most people, I would image, would consider that perfectly fine, but when there's nothing, there's no ability to tell if they're a real person or not.

It's neither good nor bad.
It really just doesn't matter.

It really kinda does. No one looks at a blank profile and go "Oh, this is interesting!" No one.

I can see the benefits of just saying "hi."
IMO it seems kind of like seeing someone in public and starting off with "pardon me," as opposed to immediately going into a routine trying to force their attention, or screaming at them "this is me! this is everything about me! validate it! commit it to memory! Now!"

The problem is that with that 'hi' in the profile because it's the default, you end up looking like the many scammers out there, who do not bother to fill out a profile. The people who talk about safety and so on sites like this warn specifically against profiles with little to no information. They're the first sign of a potential predator, scammer, or worse.

Jewels...I tried to message you, but can't....frown

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 06/09/19 06:24 PM
We can "pull the plug" on brain dead people who have a beating heart..because they are deemed dead...
So..why are people in an uproar over something that has no functioning brain, but has a few cells that act like a beating heart?

"Rather, at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said."

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 06/09/19 04:39 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Sun 06/09/19 04:40 PM

Not a single soul has shown any interest, except for those out of state. One that did respond turned out to be a scam artist.
I question how effective this site is, and wonder if I'm wasting my time.

Come siit by me....I've had the same results..
*One* guy local to me messaged me a couple weeks ago, with a disgusting request.
I reported him..his profile is still up. noway

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 05/30/19 08:10 AM

When a woman looks significantly older than she
claims to be, longterm drug and alcohol abuse, are
generally the culprits.

Same for guys too.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Thu 05/30/19 07:56 AM
I see no point in lying about one's age, because if you start to hang out with, devlope a relationship with the person...you'll know their real age anyway..so, why start out on a lie?

Also, the guys who put fake ages on their profile, they claim so older women can "find them"..
Bulls**t.
If and older woman WANTED to date a guy 20-30 years younger, she can jolly well do a search for guys in that age range herself...whoa

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 05/28/19 07:38 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 05/28/19 07:40 AM

Wanna bet? I'm not one to go running after women. I freely admit that I'm no mindreader. Show me some disinterest, I'll walk away. I happen to be one that does not hear voice inflections. Those subtle hints, I do not see. Play hard to get, means you don't want me around.

AMEN.
I don't understand those who think acting uninterested will make someone chase you more..
"Play hard to get"
Sweetie, we're not in Jr High anymore..we are (presumedly) mature adults...lets quit with the juvenile games.

Like you said, if "act" like you're not interested...fine....bye....not gonna beg..

I tried the chasing bit online. Two years of no replies made me give up. I used to try to post good photos, come up with clever profiles, write thoughtful messages that included me reading profiles over several times, and focusing on what they wrote. It never worked. I was wasting my time.

Come sit by me.
Numerous profiles, short, long..
Different pics, or no pic...

Same results...zip, zero, nada..

The one constant seems to be no one is capable of conversation...
And, the 2 people I gave the benefit of the doubt, that said they are no good at online chat/ typing...OK, lets try phone or meeting in person..
Thay both were just as lazy/ incapable of any worthwhile conversation....
I can't learn anything about YOU if YOU won't contribute to the conversation.
I ask things about you as a way of getting to know you...and getting 1-2 word answers....it's a waste of my time.

I have had 2 excellent long terms (am a widow now)...so i know how good, quality men act...
Sadly, i have yet to run across any.
There may be some, I would have no way to know, as they've either ignored my initial message, or just aren't interested enough to make their *own* initial message.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Mon 05/27/19 06:54 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Mon 05/27/19 07:05 PM

There is a significant difference between being needy and being interested. Coming across as looking for someone, anyone, is much different than letting someone know you are interested in them. In today's environment, many decent men are going to need some level of encouragement to make an initial move toward you.

I agree...
I am 57, and can only remember a handful of guys who ever approached *me*..
And, this goes back to when I was younger and ~all that and a bag of chips~ (as they used to say)...not older and chunky and not much to look at anymore...LOL

I usually had to start off the conversation.
In all 3 of my long terms, that what I had to do..

So, SparklingCrystal...we are supposed to just sit there, hands in our laps, waitning for some guy to get the nerve to approach us/ message us?

"There are plenty of great guys out there, but a woman won't attract those when they're going after the guy themselves. Again, if a guy really wants to meet you he'll suggest it or ask you. He will take action."

"If he's really interested he will ask you. It may be 2019, men in general do not like to be chased, they want to chase themselves."

They sure as heck don't come up to me when i am dressed nice and look nice at the numerous festuvals, music things, and cultural things I have attended.
I'm sure you'll say something about what i am "putting out"....which is baloney...
When you are in a pleasant state of mind and enjoying some activity where there are *other* people who are into the same thing...that would seem like the best time/ way to meet someone.
But yet...*I* seem to come alone and leave alone and no one talks to me unless *I* am proactive..
Except the older lady who takes the mpney at the door at one of the places I used to go to...I'd end up sitting out there with her, just to have someone to converse with...

I do NOT need nor want advice, thank you.

Just saying that because something works in *your* world, in *your* expereince, that doesn't mean it applies to ALL people.
To claim it *does* implies you have the knowledge of an ascended master or something, which, last i checked....there are very, very few of.....flowerforyou

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sun 05/26/19 09:06 AM
Interesting, ciretom..

"Are they just insecure and feel they need to post a bunch of pictures to their profile believing it will mean greater "success," so it's ultimately just a filler picture or trying to be competitive with other profiles that have fish pics? "

Yet all the time you hear people yammering that if you only have one picture, that's bad.
Exactly *how* many is one suppised to have?
2?
4?
Is 5 "too many"?

People say "post pictures showing having fun"

Well, maybe the guys really enjoy fishing, that is fun to them, brings them joy, ergo..they'd post pics of it..
(and yes, most of us DO wear hats & sunglasses...the sun on the water glares, and it is *hot*)

I personally don't care if someone only has one pic (or 2)...or if they are smiling or not.
I base my interest on what they write, as it gives me insight into their interests and intellect, and whether they could carry on a conversation if we meet..

I know *I* have always hated having my picture taken, even as a kid...and only do the required new pic every so often for the dating sites...

Also, people who post tons of pics "hey..look at me doing *this*!"..."Look what *I* did!"..."Check this out..!"...that is a turn off to me, because *I* feel that thjey are just showing off..
*I* don't care what you *did*...I care azbout who you are...

Again, as always..we all like, want, and prefer different things, and that's OK...:thumbsup: waving

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Sat 05/25/19 11:27 AM
I love to fish myself, and, while I can't imagine ever posing with a fish (I hate having my picture taken anyway)...I understand why guys do that..

Not a turn off to me.

But, then..I also love facial hair on guys, which most women (so I hear) hate,
They claim it is "dirty"...I ask if you ever thought Barry Gibb or Eric Clapton back in the day as "dirty".

We're all different, and like different thngs..:thumbsup: waving

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 05/22/19 06:12 PM
Not that anyone really cares, and I doubt your figure is accurate (as dust4fun pointed out..1 in 5???)

Anyway..if it *were* true..can you imagine how crowded this country would be with an additional 60,000,000 people?

And, if you add in all the people that died in the Civil War...and *their* progeny..

Then, if the 37 million hadn't died in WW1..and the 70 million in WW2...snd *their* progeny....

Maybe it's God's way of helping stem overpopulation.
You don't know it isn't...unless you can talk to him directly...because only God is privy to some things..he didn't even share with His Son.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Wed 05/22/19 09:16 AM

If, some trailerpark whore can't keep her legs
together, she should really consider sterilization
or a less drastic form of birth control.
I'm sure the V.D. clinic she gets her antibiotics from,
also provides rubbers and birth control pills.

And, who exactly is the "tralerpark whore" HAVING sex with?
Certainly not herself..
Again...where is the uproar about the GUYS who are out there having *unprotected*
sex???

Oh, you say....the woman is the one that gets pregnant...not the guys..

Oh, really?

Then the guy has zero, zip, nada to say about what she does with the resulting pregnanct.

A message should be just as loud to the men....
If you are against abotrtion DO NOT HAVE UNPOROTECTED SEX....period.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 05/21/19 09:38 PM
Sounds yummy..flowerforyou

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 05/21/19 09:34 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 05/21/19 10:05 PM

Abortion shoudn't be allowed..because it's against God's law???

You mean, the same God that ordered babies to be slaughtered, killed all the first born in Egypt, and caused the entire human race (*including* pregnant women and babies) to drown?
That God?

P.S And, Alabama wasn't very "Pro-life" whe they were lynching black men.....huh

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 05/21/19 12:56 PM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 05/21/19 12:57 PM
They tell women that if they don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex..
Well, since a woman can't get pregnant without a guy..why aren't they telling MEN who oppose abortion to just stop having sex?

Because if MEN stopped having sex unless it was with someone they wanted to raise a family with and were prepared to support said child....I dare say they're be WAY less need for abortions.

P.S...also, Tom4U here....people can use birth control for years, faithfully...and sometimes it still happens.
That's why when I had my ubes tied...I didn't want the removable clips used..sometimes they loosen and you can still get pregnant..I said cauterize the ends...make sure it's *permanant*.

Also, what about the people like the many girls under age 15 who got pregnant by a neighbor, uncle, or some boy who told her she couldn't get pregnant her "first time"...???
I have numerous links and facts if you'd like them...it happens more tha n you think...it's just not talked about because of the girl being a minor...or the family shame.

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 05/21/19 10:43 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 05/21/19 10:45 AM
I will listen to and give respect to the anitabortion/ "right to life" people when they start walking their talk..
They are all about getting the baby born, but then, it's tough luck Jr....
They are the *same* people that cut WIC, and other programs to actually HELP children once they are born...

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Tue 05/21/19 08:54 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Tue 05/21/19 08:55 AM

Well, I believe that most RELATIONSHIP dies not because the other partner cheats but basically because of they dont TRUST and UNDERSTAND their partner. We must be able to UNDERSTAND the likes and dislikes of our partner and TRUST their decisions for the big boss to keep flowing (LOVE)....

My thoughts are it is because people don't do due dilligence in picking a partner..
They don't ask hard questions, don't bother to make sure they have a lot in common, have the same ideology/ world view (for those that can't grasp this...say a tree-hugging pacisfist vegetarian and a NRA meat-loving conservative would have VASTLY different world views and ideology)

Seems most go for "she makes my boner tingle" and nothing else is important/ everything else (hard differnces) will just work out..
Then at the first sign of conflict..or when the "honeymoon" phase wears off....they realize they have nothing in common, nothing holding them together (shared goals/ vision), heck..don't even like each other.

My two long terms (8 and 12 years, am a widow now) were with nguys I carefully screened...that's why they lasted.

My ex, in thre 80's...that was one of those sad "boner tingle" things....and we had issues for years, because we were so different...and astime went on those differences became more glaring and caused problems.

So, I learned to avoid that type thing in the future, be more picky...and it served me well...:thumbsup: waving

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 05/17/19 12:39 PM
Word of advice to OP Htjohn89..

Do NOT move in with ANYONE untill you know for sure and certain they can be trusted *and* that both of you are on the same page WRT what you expect out of the relationship.

I mean, the fact she was seeing other guys...d**m dude...at least that's *all* she did..she could have robbed your a** blind...noway

I_love_bluegrass's photo
Fri 05/17/19 10:55 AM
Edited by I_love_bluegrass on Fri 05/17/19 10:55 AM

Go to the message, at bottom right you'll see 'Report Abuse/Spam', then click on it. It will open a window then select report email.

Pretty much anything goes as to profiles (within reason) .

It's the actual profile, not sa message (so far)..
Same guy messaged me a few days agp with something offensive and nasty...his profile was eventually "deactivated", and I had already blocked him ( I was sure I had)
He messged me *again* this morning..same picture, same username...I'm not sure how that happened.