Community > Posts By > shovelheaddave

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 09:31 AM

Still grasping at straws, huh... liberals are just sad now...JFK is rolling in his grave seeing what they've become...

grasping at STRAWS????

i thought that we were grasping at WITCHES???

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 09:28 AM

that's probably because the Russians,and republicans actually felt THREATENED by Obama,so they loaded up his account with lots of fake followers ,so they could talk bad about him,and everything he said or did.

the russians didn't have to put nearly as many fake followers on Donald trump's account,because he is in their pocket,and he tells so many lies,and says so much ridiculously stupid stuff that they don't think they need to load up his account with fake followers,cuz he is doing a better job of undermining himself then they EVER could!!!!
whoa whatever gets you to sleep at night...

LMAO!!
you might want to watch the special report on TV from the dept. of Justice where they are AT THIS MOMENT announcing that Special Investigator Robert Mueller's investigation has just gotten back A LOT more indictments from a grand jury of ordinary American citizens against 12 Russian nationals who agree that,AMONG OTHER THINGS,they created fake email accounts to try to do things to influence the election in favor of donald trump!!

seems to me that THIS is EXACTLY what we are talking about in this thread!!

so,i guess that since this is a 'witch hunt',that Robert mueller just caught 12 MORE witches,huh?

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 09:06 AM
and Peter Strzok made them all look RIDICULOUS when he defied them to show one bit of proof,or evidence that anything that he said or did influenced ANY government investigation into Donald trump in any way whatsoever,and all they could do is sit there and sputter like they had just drank some bad milk!!!

he TOTALLY showed them up for the fake-outraged trump supporters who were just showboating to try to publically undermine special Investigator Robert Mueller's investigation into donald trump so that when the findings of it ARE publically released,they can try to claim that it is a 'witch hunt',and 'fake news'!!

BUT,unfortunately for them,since they had to use FACTS to try to do it,it didn't work out very well for them,and it made them look EXTREMELY foolish and juvenile,and just gave the media MORE stuff to make fun of them about!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 08:54 AM
that's probably because the Russians,and republicans actually felt THREATENED by Obama,so they loaded up his account with lots of fake followers ,so they could talk bad about him,and everything he said or did.

the russians didn't have to put nearly as many fake followers on Donald trump's account,because he is in their pocket,and he tells so many lies,and says so much ridiculously stupid stuff that they don't think they need to load up his account with fake followers,cuz he is doing a better job of undermining himself then they EVER could!!!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 08:42 AM

It was so cool in 3D , not a boring moment , but the long credits till the final hanging scene almost got to my impatient side :laughing: glad i stayed put till that clue for the next movie:thumbsup:

Do you know what that clue is? Nick Fury was calling Captain Marvel who will have a HUGE impact on the next movie. She is one of the strongest characters in the next film. In addition Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye are all in it.

the biggest clue came from something Dr. Strange said/did,cuz he looked into the future,and saw the ONLY way that things worked out o.k.

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 08:39 AM

He was running down president tonight. I watched 10 minutes.
He must be a libral.

and,it was HILARIOUS!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

but,luckily,there are LOTS of different channels to choose from,so,if you don't like something....
you don't have to watch it!!!

but,if you cant stand it when anybody makes fun of the retard-in-chief,you should probably just stick to watching FAUX news,cuz that is about the ONLY show that DOESNT make fun of him!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 08:34 AM
BJ and the Bear

Sheriff Lobo

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 07/13/18 08:32 AM

Build-A-Bear

Event

Hundreds were lined up today to get their kids a Bear ! In Malls all across the country!

1 dollar

shocked

it wasn't a dollar a bear sale....

it was a bear for a dollar for every year of your child's age sale.

but,still.....
it went SERIOUSLY south for hem when they got such a huge response to their sale,that they voluntarily decided to have,and were unprepared for it.
I have bought several build-a-bears for children,and as $15 gift certificate just doesn't come close to what they promised the people,cuz some of those bears can be close to $100.

[some of whom had already stood in line for OVER AN HOUR before they shut it down,and quit letting people in.]

i don't think that it is fair for the parents,OR to the children who had already been promised by their parents who had told their children that they could get a bear,cuz a child isn't going to understand about the logistics of business...
they just want the bear that was promised to them.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 02:21 PM
i remember one called 'sons of tuscon' that was so bad that I don't even think that it made it through a whole season!!

most of the TRULY bad ones were canceled so fast that most people never even heard of them! lol

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 02:19 PM

I loved WKRP in Cincinnati.
Johnny Fever was cool and I was so hot for Bailey.
Les Nessman was so weird it was funny.

I have quite a few full series with all the seasons.
By comparison, I like only a few shows currently running.

I've seen every episode of M*A*S*H at least 10 times.
Dr. Who is just flat out brilliant.
Then there's Star Trek (TOS), Babylon 5, Buffy, Outer Limits, The Night Stalker, Twilight Zone ...

When I was a kid, dad watched Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Bonanza, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Combat and Rat Patrol ...
Mom & sis watched soap operas and game shows.

Bailey!!!
love

I cant believe we never saw her in anything else after the show finished up,but I heard somewhere that she married James Brolin

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 02:13 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 07/12/18 02:13 PM
turtles rule!

:thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 01:03 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 07/12/18 01:06 PM
i am not trying to argue that the worlds population is not skyrocketing at a rate that is unhealthy for the planet,and completely unsustainable in the long run...
and,in captive herds,we DO excercise husbandry techniques to cull the herds to keep them healthy,which is only ythe logical thing to do,or else nature will do it for us,as it does in non captive herds

in past times,NATURE has taken over,and taken care of controling the worlds populatio of human beings with diseases,and even natural disaters to regulate our numbers,but in these modern times,we have progressed at a rate that allows us to defy nature,and create vaccines to combat these diseases,and since we have progressed from the hunter/gatherer stage into the agriculurist/farming stage,we have allowed ourselves the ability to breed in numbers that would have been unsustainable in ancient times.

BUT,nature will ALWAYS win!!!

we might have developed vaccines,and crops to keep us alive,in spite of nature,and invented ways to ensure that we are superior to our natural predators,but as we grow to numbers that become unsustainable for the planet,it develops new diseases for which we dont have a cure yet,and then THEY evolve into OTHER new diseases,which we must work to find new cures,or perish.

but now, we are nearly at a point where we have polluted our own enviornment that it is close to the danger point where the planet will not be able to sustain us any longer,and THEN,if we allow it to progress to that point,our species will either partially die off to acceptable numbers,and give the planet time to recover,or we will die off completely,and then the planet will heal itself over time,without us pesky little humans doing everything that we can to destroy the thing that gives us life.

so,in the end,WE might not be here,but the PLANET will heal itself,and nature will once again be victorious!

cuz,nature ALWAYS wins!!

and,there is nothing that we can do to stop it,although,if we start acting smarter as a species,we CAN delay the point when that time comes.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 11:41 AM
i recently discovered that ME TV has finally started airing old episodes of 'WKRP in Cincinatti',which used to be one of my favorite shows,back in the 80's.

it seems a little bit 'dated',and 'cliche' nowadays,but i still enjoy watching it,even though i can remember every single episode of it.

there are several other series,such as 'the fall guy'[and,some others that i cant remember right now!! lol ] that i wish they would start airing again!

what are some of the old TV series that you used to enjoy watching?
and,are you still able to find them on air?

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 11:09 AM

please explain how you think that a declining population will be good FOR JAPAN.

Because people live, on average, less than 100 years.
The spike in high population elderly will decline.
It will decline at a fast rate as time passes.
A lower population level will inherit the infrastructure built to support a higher population.
There will be more support for less people.
Sure, it will be a tough time for awhile but it will pay off with no unemployment and a surplus of goods.
Try to think past a decade (10 years).
If the majority of the population is currently elderly (60+). In 20 years they will be 80+ which is when the current-born will be entering the workforce.
Less people is easier to support, require less space and less food.
Fewer people arguing, fewer committing crimes, fewer getting sick, fewer dying and so on.

except for the fact that the population is CONTINUING TO DECLINE will cancel out the things that you are predicting will happen...

in 20 years,when the people who are 60 will be 80,there will be even FEWER people to support the ones that are 60 at that time.

and,in 20 MORE years,if the population CONTINUES to decline,THOSE 60 year old who will be 80 will have even FEWER young people to take care of them.

this is not a problem,whose statistical odds freeze at a certain point...it is a problem that EXPONENTIALLY worsens,and in a hundred years,how big the infrastructure is will not matter in a positive way,when you only have A HANDFUL of people trying to MAINTAIN the larger-than-necessary infrastructure,AS WELL AS trying to care for the elderly,their healthcare,and pay for their retirement/pensions.

so,UNLESS THE POPULATION DECLINE REVERSES ITSELF,this is a problem that will EXPONENTIALLY GET WORSE as time goes by,NOT IMPROVE,like you are trying to claim.

Okay, I can see your point.

Population needs drive expansion. Thing is, Can population-driven expansion be considered a good thing overall? The way the human species is proliferating its likely we will "Pave the Planet" before we see the problem. All in the name of love for fellow man.
As far as I'm concerned, the entire human population should be halved equally. Globally, one out of every two people gone. Its not going to happen but it would be good for us and the planet.

wasnt that the theme of the latest marvel's 'avengers-infinity war' movie??
lol

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 11:04 AM

and,our trump-led government is treating us A LOT worse than the people he is 'claiming' that he is protecting us from.

he doesn't care about the 'promises' that he made to the people who he needed votes from back in 2016..
all he cares about is making a public spectacle that will feed his narcissism,and need for publicity.

I have to wonder,though....
how are these tariffs affecting HIS OWN personal fortune,and business interests?
cuz,i bet that SOMEHOW,once you dig deep enough,that they are benefitting him,and his super wealthy,elite 1% class.

while the common people,merchants,and farmers who make upthe majority of the country all suffer,and pay the price for it!!

so your thinking that nothing has changed in 18 years?

I have absolutely no idea how you arrived at that thought!!!

but,the last 18 years has nothing to do with what trump has done to this country in just the last 18 MONTHS,such as selling out our domestic farmers,merchants,and manufaturers that during his campaign he swore that he would support,and raise up,and 'make great again'!

these tariffs are SERIOUSLY hurting them,and will be catastrophic to them,and our economy if he continues to engage in trade wars with the rest of the world,so that he can play 'my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours' to feed his ego.

or,do you think that Harley Davidson is closing down its newest manufacturing plant in Kansas City,and moving it to Thailand,which costs this country THOUSANDS of jobs,and BILIONS of dollars because the new tariffs are so beneficial to them.

or that the farmers losing more than 20% of its profits from their crops because of these tariffs is going to help them?

if this is trump's idea of 'making America great again',i think that somebody needs to explain to him what the definition of 'great' actually is!!
whatever, that sounds so stupid it's not even worth arguing with...I guess the 20 trillion dollars deficit Trump inherited has nothing to do with anything....

LMAO!!!

what sounds stupid is the fact that you are trying to use THE DEFICIT to excuse the damage that trump is CURRENTLY DOING to the NATIONAL ECONOMY,which doesnt have anything to do with the current deficit....
[but it WILL have something to do with the FUTURE deficit!!!!!]

the deficit is about the GOVERNMENT SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN IT COLLECTS IN TAXES!!

trump's trade tariffs creating a trade war,which means that the people of this country will have LESS INCOME FOR THE GOVRNMENT TO COLLECT TAXES ON will only make the deficit WORSE,but THAT is not what the topic of the conversation is about...

it is about trumps tariffs creating a trade war will FINANCIALLY HARM the people he swore that he was going to help!!

the FACT that it will also incease our deficit is a FACT,but it is irrelevant,and it doesnt matter what the amount of the current deficit he inherited it...

that is just a cop-out that you are using to try to pivot the conversation with because you can not RATIONALLY defend trumps tariffs in a way that will show how they are HELPING the people that he lied to when he swore that he was going to raise them up,and make them 'great again'!!

or,even, how they will 'help the deficit',because they WONT....they will only make it WORSE,as the taxpayers will have even LESS income for the government to collect taxes on!!

i think at this point,it is pretty obvious that you do not have the slightest idea of what you are talking about,and are just trying to take a 'pro-trump' position,no matter what the actual facts are.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 10:41 AM

please explain how you think that a declining population will be good FOR JAPAN.

Because people live, on average, less than 100 years.
The spike in high population elderly will decline.
It will decline at a fast rate as time passes.
A lower population level will inherit the infrastructure built to support a higher population.
There will be more support for less people.
Sure, it will be a tough time for awhile but it will pay off with no unemployment and a surplus of goods.
Try to think past a decade (10 years).
If the majority of the population is currently elderly (60+). In 20 years they will be 80+ which is when the current-born will be entering the workforce.
Less people is easier to support, require less space and less food.
Fewer people arguing, fewer committing crimes, fewer getting sick, fewer dying and so on.

except for the fact that the population is CONTINUING TO DECLINE will cancel out the things that you are predicting will happen...

in 20 years,when the people who are 60 will be 80,there will be even FEWER people to support the ones that are 60 at that time.

and,in 20 MORE years,if the population CONTINUES to decline,THOSE 60 year old who will be 80 will have even FEWER young people to take care of them.

this is not a problem,whose statistical odds freeze at a certain point...it is a problem that EXPONENTIALLY worsens,and in a hundred years,how big the infrastructure is will not matter in a positive way,when you only have A HANDFUL of people trying to MAINTAIN the larger-than-necessary infrastructure,AS WELL AS trying to care for the elderly,their healthcare,and pay for their retirement/pensions.

so,UNLESS THE POPULATION DECLINE REVERSES ITSELF,this is a problem that will EXPONENTIALLY GET WORSE as time goes by,NOT IMPROVE,like you are trying to claim.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 09:22 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 07/12/18 09:25 AM

Actually the world is over-populated so a declining birth-rate is actually a good thing.

TOP 10 MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES (July 1, 2018)
1. China 1,384,688,986
2. India 1,296,834,042
3. USA 329,256,465
4. Indonesia 262,787,403
5. Brazil 208,846,892
6. Pakistan 207,862,518
7. Nigeria 195,300,343
8. Bangladesh 159,453,001
9. Russia 142,122,776
10. Japan 126,168,156

One birth every 8 seconds
One death every 12 seconds

SOURCE: http://www.census.gov/popclock/

7.5 BILLION people world-wide.
What other higher-order animals on this planet have a population of 7.5 BILLION?

it might be good for the PLANET,but it DEFINITELY ISNT good for the COUNTRY!!

cuz, "Fewer young people means fewer workers to support a growing cohort of retirees, adding strains to pension and health care systems."

that means that every person in the country will have to produce twice as much,just to keep their head above water,and not even advance their status of living.

that means that the national poverty level of japan will increase exponentially,while its output shrinks exponentially,and they will be forced to be more dependent on aid from other countries.

so,please explain how you think that a declining population will be good FOR JAPAN.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 09:15 AM

Trump is a good businessman.

trump has declared bankruptcy so many times that domestic banks wont even loan him money anymore,because they know that there is a good chance that they will LOSE that money....

how can you POSSIBLY think that he is a 'good busiessman'??

Because he is a very rich man.

LOL
just cuz he is 'rich' doesnt make him a good businessman!!

good businessmen dont declare bankruptcy so many times that banks,and people who are professionally in the business of loaning money to good,stable businessmen that they know they will get their money back from wont even talk to him anymore!!

just think about how much richer he would be now,if he wasnt such a bad businessman,and made such terrible business decisions that he had to declare bankruptcy so many times!!

THEN you could call him a good businessman!!

but,NOW,he is just a guy that inherited a SH!TL0@D of money from his father...

that doesnt make him a 'good businessman'...

that just makes him EXTREMELY lucky that his father had a SH!TL0@D of money for him to inherit,cuz,otherwise,you would have never even heard of him!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 08:00 AM

Trump is a good businessman.

trump has declared bankruptcy so many times that domestic banks wont even loan him money anymore,because they know that there is a good chance that they will LOSE that money....

how can you POSSIBLY think that he is a 'good busiessman'??

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/12/18 07:58 AM

and,our trump-led government is treating us A LOT worse than the people he is 'claiming' that he is protecting us from.

he doesn't care about the 'promises' that he made to the people who he needed votes from back in 2016..
all he cares about is making a public spectacle that will feed his narcissism,and need for publicity.

I have to wonder,though....
how are these tariffs affecting HIS OWN personal fortune,and business interests?
cuz,i bet that SOMEHOW,once you dig deep enough,that they are benefitting him,and his super wealthy,elite 1% class.

while the common people,merchants,and farmers who make upthe majority of the country all suffer,and pay the price for it!!

so your thinking that nothing has changed in 18 years?

I have absolutely no idea how you arrived at that thought!!!

but,the last 18 years has nothing to do with what trump has done to this country in just the last 18 MONTHS,such as selling out our domestic farmers,merchants,and manufaturers that during his campaign he swore that he would support,and raise up,and 'make great again'!

these tariffs are SERIOUSLY hurting them,and will be catastrophic to them,and our economy if he continues to engage in trade wars with the rest of the world,so that he can play 'my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours' to feed his ego.

or,do you think that Harley Davidson is closing down its newest manufacturing plant in Kansas City,and moving it to Thailand,which costs this country THOUSANDS of jobs,and BILIONS of dollars because the new tariffs are so beneficial to them.

or that the farmers losing more than 20% of its profits from their crops because of these tariffs is going to help them?

if this is trump's idea of 'making America great again',i think that somebody needs to explain to him what the definition of 'great' actually is!!