Community > Posts By > shovelheaddave

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 07/05/18 09:29 AM
i think that there is a BIG difference between 'not wanting sex',or 'not enjoying sex' and 'not being able to think of anything worse than having sex'!!!

i also think that you should seek professional help with this!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 03:51 PM

I was burned by cell phones so I gave them up.
I mean, literally.

you are suppose to throw it after you light the fusefrustrated

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 03:48 PM
i believe 'asexual' might be the term you are looking for.

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 03:43 PM

My stepdad used to send us into stores like that and have us ask for parts that don’t exist slaphead

and,you would be surprised how many parts counter people would tell you that they could order a set of stainless steel muffler bearings,a chrome canoodler valve,or some headlight fluid for you!! lol

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 09:54 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Wed 07/04/18 09:57 AM

You should avoid gay pride parades then, they're obviously too rough for you
proud to say I've never been to one...I attend the heterosexual pride parades...but yeah, I'm scared to attend and liberal get together, the snowflakes are just to violent..

a heterosexual pride parade...????

isnt that called a KKK rally?
that's quite a jump, dontcha think? I really wouldn't wanna interfere with one of your rallies, since you seem more the type to attend a pride or KKK rally than I would...

well, the KKK is well known for being anti-homosexual.

so,it really isnt THAT MUCH of a jump to call a hetrosexual pride parade a KKK rally is it?

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 09:41 AM
this is a pretty self explanatory thread....
[for americans,anyway!!]

what are you going to do to celebrate the 4th of july today??

i am going to a cookout this afternoon,and then we are going to take my boat out to caddo lake,and watch the fireworks this evening.
[they always put on a REAL GOOD show,and watching it from the middle of the lake in total darkness is AWESOME!!!]

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 09:36 AM
i still have leftover steak,and boudin left over from my BBQ last night in the refrigerator!!
[the TRUE breakfast of champions!!!]
:thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 09:31 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Wed 07/04/18 09:33 AM
for a lark,i wrote out a plan for the things that you would need to do to successfully attempt world domination a few years ago...

the VERY FIRST thing at the top of my list was "Get everybody to make a list of all of their personal information,friends,family,habits,and known associates,and file it in some central place where i would be able to access it when i needed to!"

does that sound familiar [ and extremely orwellian! ] to anybody??

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 08:34 AM

its going to take strong leaders to get her back on track.

I have to disagree with that.
The governmemnt is supposed to represent the will of the people.
To get back on 'track' power needs to be removed from government and placed back into the say of the people.
Right now, the people are NOT UNITED.
Power is lopsided, out of balance.

Our founders knew this would happen.
Many of the rights in the Bill of Rights are geared to the power of the people protecting themselves from government.
For some reason, people can't see it.

Money and wealth has become the driving force in the world.
Doing the right thing is far down the list of motives for governments.
Society has become a tool that allows the power elite to stay in power and maintain their wealth.
The individualistic mindset of the people in this nation allow the power elite to maintain their influence over us because we are not united and looking at what is before us.

People are focused on me, me, me and mine, mine, mine.
As long as they get what they want, when they want it, nobody cares what the government does.

if the founding fathers had had enough insight to predict what the future would be like,i am sure that they would have written the constitution differently!

one of the main things that they should have done is to make campaign funds paid for out of public fund,instead of allowing private people/entitites to fund them,because that makes the elected official beholden to whoever pays for their campaigns,and taking the elected officials focus off of doing their job,and more on gathering enough funding to pay for their [re]election campaigns.

its hard to do your job of representing the WHOLE country properly,when you are not focused on what is best for the little people,who make up the biggest part of the population,but cant afford to donate large sums of money to a political campaign,is,and just on what your biggest campaign contributors want.

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 07/04/18 08:22 AM
if i had been thinking quick enough,when she ased how you can tell what sex it is,i should have answered "by looking at its balls joints!"
:angel:

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:26 AM

You should avoid gay pride parades then, they're obviously too rough for you
proud to say I've never been to one...I attend the heterosexual pride parades...but yeah, I'm scared to attend and liberal get together, the snowflakes are just to violent..

a heterosexual pride parade...????

isnt that called a KKK rally?

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:16 AM

IMO,anybody that pays over $1000 a month for 'rent' is an idiot!!!

for that sort of money,you could be paying to actually OWN a house,and gaining equity,instead of just throwing your money away by renting.

so,'renting' is just another one of those 'bad decisions' that i was talking about!

I disagree there. You could be building equity or HUGE debt, because housing value is not guaranteed. Owning a house is not really owning it for most people as they have a prerequisite 10 to 30 years before it ever becomes theirs and not the banks, and if they want to move before that time, they also have the hassle of being able to sell it for more than what they paid in order to not come out behind. At that to the HEADACHE of HOAs and their fees and fines for every little thing, property tax, maintenance and landscaping ... and some dont feel its worth the trade off, equity or not.

i disagree!
cuz,even if you dont sell it for more than you paid for it,you can still come out ahead if you recoup at least PART of the money that you would have spent on rent during the period that you lived there,which is money that you would have basically just been throwing away.
so,technically,you could sell it for less than you paid for it,and STILL come out ahead.
not to mention that there are several things that you could do to improve the home while you are living in it that dont cost very much money,so it could possibly be quite easy to raise the value of the home for an investment of very little money,and make a substantial profit on it.
[especially if you did your homework,and made a good buy in the first place,instead of just jumping on the first thing that you saw.]

but,money that you spent on rent is just a loss.

so,it all depends on if you are content to just live in the moment,or to invest in your future!

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 07/03/18 07:29 AM
IMO,anybody that pays over $1000 a month for 'rent' is an idiot!!!

for that sort of money,you could be paying to actually OWN a house,and gaining equity,instead of just throwing your money away by renting.

so,'renting' is just another one of those 'bad decisions' that i was talking about!

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 07/03/18 07:21 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Tue 07/03/18 07:23 AM
oops
[oops....i double clicked on the 'post' button.]

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 07/03/18 07:21 AM
i refuse to join the crowd of sheeple and open a FB account,but that didnt stop them from opening one up in my name,after somebody who had my contact information imported their address book to their site.

THEN,after the site opened a page in my name without my knowledge,or consent,they stated sending out friend requests to people they thought i might know,and i have a very unusual last name,so it just so happens that they sent one out to one of my nieces.

you can imagine my surprise when she told me she sent me a message to my FB page,when i didnt even know that i had one.

when i contacted FB about this,they stated demanding more personal information from me then i would have needed to open a bank account,and refused to do anything about this fraudulent page when i wouldnt give them this highly sensitive personal information.

i actually had to have my attorney send them a 'cease&desist' letter in order for them to take the page down.

so,screw FB!!
i refuse to have anything to do with them,and recommend to everybody else that they dont either,because they are nothing but a data mining company that invades your privacy for personal profit!
not to mention,all the OTHER people who use it to access parts of your life that should remain private.

IMO,if somebody who is one of your friends wants to know something about you,they should ASK you,and if they dont want to go to that trouble,then they evidentally dont WANT to know!!

and,just assuming that other people NEED to know all the details of your private life is no0thing but a form of narcissism.

so,once again..SCREW FB,and everything that it stands for!!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 07/02/18 01:35 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Mon 07/02/18 01:38 PM

I had to look up cost of living in Jersey. That is very high tax. I have done some research on places with cheaper tax. Alabama is cheaper than Ga but I don't really want to move there. Ga has been one of the cheaper tax areas in the past but it's changing.

that is because in a highly industrialized state like new jersey,you have LOTS of huge corporations that are using,and wearing out the civic infrastructure,and not paying taxes on it,so the PEOPLE have to make up the difference that the corporations arent paying,whereas in a more sparesly industrialized state like alabama,there arent as many large corporations,so the taxes are lower because it is spread out more evenly,and everyone is paying their fair share of it,compared to a state like new jersey.

but,the more industrialized a state becaome,the more its tax rates go up.

its not rocket science....
it is just very simple math.

if the politicians werent being bought&paid for by their corporate masters with their campaign contributions,so that the politicians could continue to stay in their seats of power on easy street,this wouldnt be the case,but they ARE,so....

you do the math.

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 07/02/18 01:28 PM

you forgot to mention all of those huge multimillion dollar corporations up there that dont hardly have to pay any taxes,because their bought&paid for politicians gave them huge tax breaks,and tax cuts!!
THATS why EVERYBODY ELSE has to pay so much in taxes....cuz they are paying for the huge,multimillion dollar corporations share of them,too!!!

The deficit would be wiped out overnight, the budget would be balanced, and the country would actually have surplus if the churches were taxed on their property holdings alone.

that too!!!

but,churches are nothing more than tax exempt corporations!

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 07/02/18 10:36 AM

Stash house raids!

Over 60 people arrested in Tx home, for being in US illegally. They were from
Mexico.

One womsn said this was her second attempt to sneak into the US.
She also said she paid the smuggler in charge $8000.

CBS evening News channel 3

seems to me that instead of letting the republicans whip us up into a frenzy to make us afraid of those horrible,horrible immigrants,that we should let them stay,and start paying taxes on all of those thousands of dollars that they have to spend to get here,and pump their money into the U.S. economy,and pay taxes on it,instead of spend MILLIONS/BILLIONS of dollars every year to try to keep them out.

cuz,if you will just study the history of this country,PEOPLE LIKE THEM are the thing that made this country so great in the first place.
[but,yet.....the republicans[who are ALL the decendants of immigrants!!!] all want you to be frightened of them??!!??]

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 07/02/18 10:28 AM

Taxes keep increasing on mostly everything, yet this country thinks they can support illegals.

Property tax here is going through the roof. It's sad that after working all of your life, owning a decent home, becomes a hardship. I have to pay several thousand $$ by Dec 1.
I call it punishment for being a productive member of society.

Here in Jersey, property taxes are out of control. People are leaving the state because of them. I have a modest house here on a 1/4 acre. I pay $11K a year in property tax and I have friends in other counties who pay up to $20K!!

I have another house in N.C newer, bigger, more land and same services as up here. And I only $850.OO per year!

I will be joining the mass pilgrimage out of here in a few years and moving to N.C. .. that's for sure.

Why so high here... police and teacher salaries and pensions...all union... killing us.

you forgot to mention all of those huge multimillion dollar corporations up there that dont hardly have to pay any taxes,because their bought&paid for politicians gave them huge tax breaks,and tax cuts!!
THATS why EVERYBODY ELSE has to pay so much in taxes....cuz they are paying for the huge,multimillion dollar corporations share of them,too!!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 07/02/18 10:22 AM

7 things the middle class can't afford anymore.

1. Vacations

2. New vehicle

3. To pay off debt

4. Emergency savings

5. Retirement savings

6. Medical care

7. Dental work.

a lot of these things are out of reach of a lot of middle class people because of low wages,and high prices,but for the most part,they cant afford some of the things on your list because of bad choices that they make...

cuz,they dont HAVE TO go out and buy[or,should i say take out a loan and FINANCE!] [or,even worse...LEASE!!!! '~' ]a brand new $40,000-$50,000 vehicle,when they could have gotten something used,but very dependable for just a few thousand dollars....

and,they didnt HAVE TO go out and buy [FINANCE] a mc mansion...
[or,a $50,000-$120,000 trailer house that wont do anything but depreciate in value,until 20 years later,when they have to pay to have it hauled off of their property,cuz it is now a huge pile of crap that nobody wants,and then buy [FINANCE!!] ANOTHER one just like it!!

and,they didnt HAVE TO go out and spend $600 on the latest,brand new smartphone every year,or two for everybody in their family...

and they didnt HAVE TO spend money that they didnt have for these shiny objects,and put the expense on a high interest credit card that some company was VERY HAPPY to give them,that they have to make monthly payments on...

but,society has brainwashed them,and told them that they HAVE TO have the very latest,brand new shiny objects,or they have failed at life,and they fell for it,so NOW they CANT afford those simple little things, that you are talking about,because they have over-extended themselves,and are living beyond their means.

while a person who DIDNT go out and spend all of their money on shiny objects CAN afford to do some of these things!!!

and,yet,MOST/A LOT of these people who cant afford those things are so gullible that they ACTUALLY get taken in by the politicians who feed them lies,and frighten them with fake crisises,and them use their fear to manipulate them into voting republican,which is against their best interests,because the republicans dont give a damn about them[except for when they need their VOTES!!],because they dont have any money,and are looked at as just a bunch of uneducated yokels for them to manipulate for their own purposes!

THAT is why the "middle class BAR" keeps getting moved up higher,and higher,like the last poster wrote.