Community > Posts By > markecephus

markecephus's photo
Tue 07/10/12 04:42 PM
Roberta,

Your browser will have no affect on your operating system. The O/S is there, no matter the browser you use. There may be some incompatibility issues between some browsers or versions of the o/s. Conflicts can occur, and this sounds like an incompatibility issue.

Here is my advice, and i can't promise this will help. If you do not like Internet explorer, and prefer another browser, i would suggest uninstalling Google chrome, and using Mozilla Firefox, at least for now, to see if the issue clears, or continues.

To uninstall programs, click start>run>control panel>add/remove, and remove Google chrome. I am assuming your pc came with internet explorer. You may need that, as some sites will simply not recognize browsers other than IE. (this is especially true in dealing with state agencies)

Next, ensure that your machine operates normally, using Internet Explorer.

If the machine operates normally, try installing Mozilla Firefox. If the issue returns, there might be another reason. make sure your browser is set as the default browser.

*edit, you may want to disable add ons from internet explorer, for now, at least

markecephus's photo
Mon 07/09/12 09:03 PM
Most of you know this, i'm sure, but for those reading, the Federal Bureau of Investigation does not send emails. If they want to speak with you, believe me, they will.

There are several emails circulating, even some, informing that you have an unclaimed inheritance. The FBI would never send such an email.

markecephus's photo
Sat 07/07/12 07:22 PM
Guys,

I understand, and nothing is carved in stone. Give it a little time, please.

markecephus's photo
Sat 07/07/12 06:33 PM

Relax, everyone.

The forum is still there, it is simply hidden, at least for now.

These ads are needed to keep the site free. We'll try and find a happy median (or medium, if you prefer)

markecephus's photo
Sun 07/01/12 06:37 PM

I created a new word

impoverophobia - : irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against the poor or impoverished,,,,

I'm Markecephus, and i approve this message. :smile:

markecephus's photo
Sat 06/30/12 12:50 PM

I see three photos on your profile. Have you resolved the issue? Photos must be in .gif, .jpg, or .bmp format.

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/26/12 08:37 PM

abandon ship???laugh

Never! A captain must go down with the ship, even if it is a 1963 volkswagon.

laugh laugh oh a CAR!!! sorry!

volkswagons are supposed to float, but mine is modified with a screen door, that obviously does not keep the water out

Ok, I'll bite....how would a screen door keep water out???

I was trying to keep out the mosquitoes, thank you very much.

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/26/12 08:32 PM

Try the universal problem solver: duct tape.

Good idea, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of a screen door?

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/26/12 08:21 PM

abandon ship???laugh

laugh laugh oh a CAR!!! sorry!

volkswagons are supposed to float, but mine is modified with a screen door, that obviously does not keep the water out

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/26/12 08:15 PM

abandon ship???laugh

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/26/12 08:13 PM
Please, i need very serious replies, to this very serious question.

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/26/12 08:03 PM

So, I'm having problems with my submarine. The screen door doesn't seal properly, and the Evinrude 9.5 outboard is very hard to crank underwater.. any suggestions?

markecephus's photo
Sat 06/23/12 08:52 PM
From an experienced moderator, i can honestly say this. Those who do not complete a profile, either in haste to go fishing, or in haste to scam people, will likely not receive many replies.

For the honest folks, you should fill out your profile, if you expect results.

Who wants to reply to a bunch of "no answer" ?

The honest people will want to share, and they will say what they are about, and what they are seeking, in a significant other.

Here's the bottom line. If the person is half hearted enough to leave the profile blank, or very few answers, then how much heart would they put into a real relationship?

Food for thought, there, guys

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/19/12 07:55 PM

Once your pictures are uploaded, you have an
option for 'Public' or 'Private.'

Then, when you wish for someone to see one,
you can email them the image link to the
'Private' pictures.

(You know though, I have not tested this to
see if 'Private' overrides 'Main Picture'.)

Okay, I tested that.
I could NOT make the Main Picture 'Private.'

So, I would suggest you select a Main Picture
that does not invade your privacy, and make
all the rest of them 'Private.'

That is correct, yes. You must have at least one main photo (public) in order to add private photos. It is also worth mentioning, private photos may be a tad more risque, however, nudity is not an option, public or private.

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/19/12 05:42 PM
Hello haytumble168,

The actual file size may not be the culprit. The number of pixels in the photo must not exceed 10 meg (10,000,000) pixels. In other words, the product of width x height, must be 10 meg or less.

Other than that, if the photo is in .gif, .jpg, or .bmp format, you should not have any upload issues.

markecephus's photo
Mon 06/18/12 07:10 PM

My " choose file" button is visible but is not active. Or am I doin something wrong?

Robin, good to see you. What device are you using? Most mobile devices will work, the I-phones/I-pads are still an issue.

markecephus's photo
Sun 06/10/12 05:44 PM
Yellowrose10 makes candles, she's probably got a list a mile long, lol.

I like cinnamon, and i also like vanilla. Jasmine is good,but if i had to pick a fav, it would be cinnamon.

markecephus's photo
Sun 06/10/12 05:38 PM
Guys,

I would really appreciate it, if you just report folks who are asking for contact details.

We work very hard to keep scammers off the site, but we can't catch them all. Please do lend a helping hand.. even if the user turns out to be legit, no harm, no foul. Please do report them.

Thanks, folks

markecephus's photo
Sat 06/09/12 11:14 PM

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/316235?page=42

This thread won't take new posts.
Reported by another member also.

Weird.
You can see the added posts if you hit
'Reply', then look down at older posts.
Otherwise they do not post.

Edit:
Seems to have cleared up around 5:30pm.

I missed the edit on your post, Soufie. I did post in the thread, and it appears to be normal.

Guys, let me know if this becomes recurring.

Thanks

markecephus's photo
Sat 06/09/12 11:10 PM
admin test, please ignore.. that should be easy for some of you. :smile:

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25