Community > Posts By > markecephus

markecephus's photo
Sat 03/23/13 08:19 PM
The ten commandments are a basic guideline. It does not cover some aspects.

People like John Wayne Gasey (sp), Henry Lee Lucas, Otis Toole, and a host of other serial killers...

Henry Lee and Toole killed over 200 people, and Otis Toole was also a cannibal. In letters (from different prisons) Toole wrote Lucas, and in the letter he asked, "Henry, was i wrong to eat those people". To which Lucas replied, "no Otis, that's just what you like doing"

That is pure evil, plain and simple, and there is no rehab that could possibly fix them. The same with Ed Gein, who, (under the premise of taking a neighbors daughter to the fair) abducted the child, killed her and ate her, and had the audacity to mail the parents as to how tasty she was.

Now, do you think that deserved any compassion?

In Deuteronomy the Bible speaks of (not a direct quote here, as i never quote the word) 'purge the city from evil, take them outside the city and stone them to death, so that each man knows, evil will not prevail' You can also find references to that, in Acts, and another section which i can't remember off the top off my head.

My answer to your thread,is, it depends on the crime and circumstance.

markecephus's photo
Fri 03/22/13 02:20 PM
The site is working on changes to the instant message system. The new system will be improved. As for the specifics, i'll have to hold off on that, until i fully understand.

I am sure, that an official announcement will be posted as soon as the system is fully in place.

markecephus's photo
Wed 03/20/13 07:48 PM
Hello TexasScoundrel,

If you have a user name, please mail it to me.

Thanks,
Mark

markecephus's photo
Fri 02/15/13 07:22 PM
have a peek..

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/30-stupid-things-the-governemnt-is-spending-money-on

Once reviewed, it would seem there is no way that these studies/subsidies could add to the deficit, right?

What do you suppose went wrong? Where did the money actually go?

markecephus's photo
Sun 02/10/13 02:47 PM

There was this one guy who had five different profiles posted with the same picture so you couldn’t mistake his face,
but on every profile he had a different name and personal data… And even when I caught him at it he still didn’t think
there was anything wrong with what he was doing.

So, again… how do we really know who’s who?

Please report them. Multiple profiles are not allowed, and indicative of a scammer.

Thanks,
Mark

markecephus's photo
Sun 02/03/13 04:49 PM
I did a bit of checking today, and it comes down to, this has to be something in your machine.

If this were a glitch, then at least a handful of users would have experienced the same issue.

Jeanniebean did a bit of work, and it was a fine effort, but the bottom line is, the photos were uploaded from a mobile device, which may have a slightly different designation than those uploaded by pc.

I will get with Charles and the techs, but i'm almost 100% certain this is not on our end.

I suspect a virus on your end.

markecephus's photo
Sun 02/03/13 12:56 PM
has been moved to the mod forums. Since this involves another Mingle2 member, who has no control over the situation. I do not think this is a Mingle2 glitch.

markecephus's photo
Mon 01/28/13 05:00 PM

Thts pretty dumb, but k thx.

Hello DaddyDes,

Actually, the time frame needs to remain consistent. In order to do that, there can only be one constant, otherwise the time stamps on the forums, emails, etc. , would become confusing and nonsensical.

markecephus's photo
Sun 01/20/13 07:23 PM
I bet that little law breaker had a pack of candy cigarettes too. and probably a candy necklace.

Why, they ought to lock her up with Charles Manson.

markecephus's photo
Sun 01/20/13 06:08 PM

HOW DO I DEACTIVATE (DELETE) MY ACCOUNT?
You would go here to deactivate your profile:
http://mingle2.com/user/show_settings

You may want to go here first, to stop emails:
http://mingle2.com/inbox/mail_settings

And to: http://mingle2.com/user/edit_photos
to remove your photos.

Then open a new account, with a new email as the
old one is forever attached to the original username :-)

The above is the correct answer.

Topic locked

markecephus's photo
Sun 01/20/13 05:15 PM
The second amendment was added December 15, 1791, well before the end of slavery. It had nothing at all to do with slavery, which ended in 1863.

The second amendment, was created in order to prevent tyranny by the government.

It appears, that amendment has discarded, with no regard to the foundation the United States founding fathers set forth. Period<--

markecephus's photo
Sat 01/19/13 05:48 PM
It is quite possible, the email contained inappropriate language and was not delivered, or the sender was a scammer and we've banned them and deleted their email.

If you have a user name, you can mail it to me, (please do not post it here) and i will look into it.

Thanks

markecephus's photo
Fri 01/18/13 08:24 PM
I have mailed my representatives, asking them to support any impeachment proceedings, and if none are presented, to invoke the impeachment process, citing the below.

"The executive orders do violate the constitution of the United States, with regard to the oath of the Presidency, therefore, it becomes a matter of dictatorship, rather than a democracy.

Did the man swear under the Presidential oath, to uphold the constitution, or did he not? Well, upholding such an oath, means following protocol. It does not give him the right to override or forgo the normal process of lawmaking. Executive orders should only be used in extreme cases, such as war. He has truly overstepped his bounds, and is using the orders with disregard to the integrity of the office he holds."

markecephus's photo
Thu 01/17/13 04:35 PM
Hello matt2225,

The instant messenger appears to be working normally.

The person must have the feature turned on,(and of course be online) and must not be in stealth mode.

*edit, it appears you have the im feature turned off. You can enable it here. http://mingle2.com/user/show_settings

markecephus's photo
Thu 01/10/13 07:09 PM
So, what about this Loganville Ga woman, who saved herself and three of her children on Jan. 4th, by fending off an attacker?

Story here.

http://loganville.patch.com/articles/loganville-woman-shoots-burglar-several-times

Now, let's break down the incident at Sandy Hill elementary.

The bottom line is, the person was known to be mentally challenged/disturbed, yet despite the parent's knowledge of the aforementioned, his parents had recently taught him to shoot, taking him to the rifle range. He had access to the guns, which were unsecured by the parents. Who should be blamed here?

There was an assault rifle ban in the eighties, and it failed, and subsequently the ban was lifted, as it was deemed to be unconstitutional.

Responsible parents should install trigger locks, (which can be bought at wal-mart for prices starting at only $6.99)and the guns should be secured.

Every single incident of mass shootings can be attributed to mentally disturbed people, who had access to guns that did not belong to them, or the criminally pathological mass murderers, and it's likely the guns used there were not purchased legally.

Someone made the comment "and after it was all over, the gun just laid there" In other words, the gun was not the aggressor, the person behind it, was.

We have gun laws, and they do work, for the honest, sane people.

What we do not have, is tougher laws and stiffer penalties for criminals.

We do not take enough precautions when dealing with potentially violent mentally ill/challenged people.

We do not make irresponsible parents accountable for their negligence.

Food for thought here, i;m not sure if this is still a requirement, but the Swiss are (or used to be) required to keep a firearm in the home. It is one of the most heavily armed counties in the world, and their crime rate is one of the lowest in the world.

markecephus's photo
Tue 01/08/13 03:02 PM

do i really have to upload a photo? to get anywhere on this site?

You do not have to upload a photo, delboy888, however, by choosing to proceed without a photo, you do cut your chances of success, by a great margin.

In our basic or advanced search, there is an option. "Show me matches with photos only". Most people do choose that option, so you are eliminated from search results for those users.

I do not have a solid percentage, but i would ballpark it around 70% or more, so if you want to increase visits to your profile, having a clear photo of yourself is definitely to your benefit/advantage.

markecephus's photo
Sun 01/06/13 09:21 PM
Welcome back, Cindy! Happy Birthday flowers

markecephus's photo
Wed 12/12/12 07:50 PM

Most members don't search for themselves, which is why...

Why can't I find my profile in the Mingle2 search?

We have designed our search so that a Mingle2 member does not see one's own profile when searching.

Kim

Hello HighEnergy3,

Kim is correct. The only search in which you will find your profile is in the 'search by user name' or possibly the 'who's online' search.

The system assumes you aren't looking for yourself.

markecephus's photo
Tue 12/11/12 06:52 PM

"One sided love", is it a sign of maturity/ìmmaturity?::-)

It depends on which side?

I don't think it has anything to do with maturity. (well, it might on some level)

I think if one party is doing more for the other in a relationship, than the other, and the love is not reciprocated, then it boils down to selfishness.

I do not think there is a clear cut 50/50, but i think both people in the relationship should strive to do all they can do for each other.

Without commitment, what good is it, really?

Just my .02

markecephus's photo
Mon 12/10/12 07:39 PM

Has anyone here taught themselves how to play the guitar? Is it really hard to learn? I've written lyrics for years and wanna learn to make a complete song, possible record them. Any tips?

I'm self taught, though i did get a lot of advice and jammed with a lot of older players. I started around 13 or 14 years old, which was only a few years ago, haha.

My advice is to start with a good playing guitar. You can get a decent guitar for around 275.00 I would say, to purchase it from a musical instruments dealer, who has the skills to set the intonation for you. This will make fingering the fret board as comfortable as possible. Believe me, when i tell you, this is very important. Many people start with a cheap instrument, and quickly lose interest simply because it hurts their fingers.

It's tough enough on the fingers even with a good instrument, at least starting out.

I would also suggest purchasing a good Chord book. The best books i have found is Karl Aranjo's "guitar chord guru" and "guitar scale guru.

The books work well together, and give you great insight into music theory, which is important in building confidence.

I would also advise hours of practice. Training your fingers takes time. I would suggest two hours per day minimum. Your fingers will finally get trained and you will develop speed and confidence.

Find another player to jam with. Learn from them. I have taught a lot of people to play, and the above advice is solid.

Above all, have fun with it. There is nothing like having that old six string around. I do believe, it is quite possibly the best friend i've ever had.

Best of luck!

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25