Community > Posts By > markecephus

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/19/11 06:35 PM

Actually, the thanks go to Charles, i simply conveyed the message, but you're welcome. :smile:

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/19/11 06:03 PM

This comes from upstairs, this is part of a trial of Facebook related accounts. I've checked a few accounts, and they do not appear to be scammers.

markecephus's photo
Tue 10/18/11 06:12 PM
Hi wallman61,
Some mobile apps may not work, as Mingle2 doesn't fully support phones. There is a mobile app in the works, however, that project has been delayed.

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/17/11 06:10 PM

Perhaps, poor people do not have their hands in other people's pockets. Just maybe folks spend more time to make a dollar, than the shysters spend trying to steal it. Most of the rich people i know, either inherited it, or stepped all over people to get it. For those who did earn it honestly, kudos.. most of the people in this country are struggling to survive.

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/17/11 12:33 PM
Green Bay over the Rams 24-3 No surprise there. The Pack now 6/0 Rams 0/5

49ers over the Lions 25-19 Both teams now 5/1

Buccaneers over The Saints 26-20 Both teams now 4/2

Patriots over the Cowboys 20-16 Patriots now 5/1 Dallas 2/3

Bears over Vikings 39-10 Bears move to 3/3, Vikes at 1/5

Ravens over Texans 29-14 Ravens now 4/1 Texans 3/3

Raiders over Browns 24/17 Raiders now 4/2 Browns 2/3

Falcons over Panthers 31-17 Falcons 3/3 Panthers 1/5

Bengals over Colts 27-17 Bengals now 4/2 Colts 0/6

Steelers over Jaguars 17-13 Steelers now 4/2 Jaguars 1/5

Eagles over Redskins 20-13 Eagles now 2/4 Redskins 3/2

Giants over Bills 27-24 Both teams now at 4/2

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/14/11 07:48 PM

What is this thread about?

What? You haven't seen the photos? Or the articles in the papers?

Its all this red text on the forums. I thought it said topcicles.laugh

If you click on community, then click settings, at the bottom of the page, you can change forum font color. You can select from the list, or click on the color bar to customize settings. You can select virtually any color you want. Be sure to click "update settings" after you have made your selection.

Welcome aboard, Optomistic69

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/12/11 05:43 PM

Just my Lions and Green Bay left in the undefeated ranks!! Improving every week. Watch out pack, there's a new dog in town!!

That should be a fine game! Green Bay @ Detroit. Thu, 11/24 at 11:30 AM CST, on Fox. Unfortunately, i haven't seen enough of the Lions to speculate the outcome, Given the ratings, though, this should be a close one.

This Sunday, Sun, 10/16 at 12:00 PM CDT on Fox. It's the Rams 0/4 @ Green Bay 5/0. Guess you guys know who i pick here.

markecephus's photo
Tue 10/11/11 07:22 PM

I could be wrong here, but i don't think the site is serving wal-mart ads. I suspect this is a Google chrome issue.

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/10/11 07:11 PM

Hey guys,
I received a link to this in email from one of my youtube friends. The email was appropriately titled "Resilience" This video takes about ten minutes to watch. It is well worth watching. It shows the compassion, pride, and spirit of the American people. This footage was never mentioned on the news, (that i'm aware of).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOrzF7B2Kg

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/10/11 01:56 PM

Just a reminder, guys, you may not post disparaging comments about others.

Welcome aboard, TonyTC

markecephus's photo
Sun 10/09/11 08:41 PM
Green bay over Atlanta, 25/14. On the opening drive, in the first quarter, Atlanta calls a time out.. Look, it's first down and goal to go... Um.. why would you waste a time out?

*edit, Green Bay is now 5 and 0..

markecephus's photo
Sun 10/09/11 03:30 PM

Hi Khadijat02,
I have sent you an email, concerning this matter.

markecephus's photo
Sat 10/08/11 09:14 PM

I've always been old school, i guess. I think if a man asks a woman for a date, then he shouldn't expect her to pay.

Good to see you posting, Connie. :smile:

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/07/11 02:24 PM
According to McAfee and Snopes, yes, in a way.. if you get emails directing you to Facebook, and you click a link, you could wind up with a trojan. These emails may appear to come from Facebook, but from what i understand is not a Facebook notification email.

*edit, Links to you tube, which appear to be coming from a Facebook email, may contain a trojan. for more, google "snopes facebook virus"

**edit, here is a direct link, the posts denoted by a green dot are verified, the ones denoted in red are not. http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/virus.asp

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/07/11 11:16 AM

Hi evagoblog,
There is a limit on first contact emails. This measure was implemented some time ago, in an effort to prevent spam/scam emails. Once you have established some back and forth with a user, then those should be unlimited. Removal of the limit is highly unlikely, unfortunately.

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/07/11 08:21 AM

Hi bigblockcoupe,

The site is alive and well. Here are a few suggestions that might help.

First, expand your search criteria. Simply expanding by fifty miles, and changing age preference by a couple of years (either way) can produce more results. I'm sure if you find someone you like, that extra fifty miles will not be a problem.

Second, Your profile doesn't say much about you. Your profile should be upbeat, and complete. Talk about things you like, your hobbies, etc. and also more about what you are looking for in a potential partner. Give the reader something to peak their interest. Profiles are much like classified ads.

Say you want to sell a car, "for sale; 2001 Buick, brown $2500" Well that doesn't say much.. all the reader knows, is what they see. It doesn't say anything about the condition of the tires/paint/interior/mileage. Those are things a prospective buyer would want to know. The same is true with profiles.

Lastly, simply having a profile will not do the work for you. You have to get it noticed. This is where emails come into play. If someone interests you, shoot them an email. It's a safe bet, the person will read your profile, before responding, so the above advice is solid. Also, in closing, women, generally do not like to make the first move, so that first contact email is important.

Good luck in your search.

markecephus's photo
Thu 10/06/11 06:30 PM

It would seem to me, this sentence (if it could be called a sentence) "Dis is all 2 much for me 2 take in i have said this b4" probably takes longer for the brain to process and convey, than simply typing,
"this is all too much, for me to take in, i have said this before."

Although I'm sure the former is far more lucrative for the makers of Tylenol....

shades

laugh laugh laugh

markecephus's photo
Thu 10/06/11 06:27 PM

It would seem to me, this sentence (if it could be called a sentence) "Dis is all 2 much for me 2 take in i have said this b4" probably takes longer for the brain to process and convey, than simply typing,
"this is all too much, for me to take in, i have said this before."

markecephus's photo
Thu 10/06/11 06:16 PM

Dis is all 2 much for me 2 take in i have said this b4..

That style of writing gives me a headache.

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/05/11 02:34 PM

Have you tried clearing cache/cookies and rebooting?