Community > Posts By > markecephus

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/28/11 09:10 PM

Hi want to delete my account permanenetly and wanted to start a new account with a new profole name but with the old email id which i gave for the account i am going to delete .pl some one help me

Hi malehammer80,
You can deactivate your account, and create a new profile, however, you will need an alternate email address in order to do so.

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/28/11 09:01 PM

It looks more like a "data mining thing". Criminals especially spammers throughout the net create all kinds of websites in the hope that you will sign up to them for the porposes of "mining" your details. (collecting them for further use, usually criminal)

Of course some criminal sites will make it look like they really have deleted your details when really they have just copied them somewhere else, others simply wont bother providing a "privacy statement" and once you have signed up it is almost too late to do anything about it (but not quite)as there are then no options to do anything about it such is the case in this site.

Mingle2 and plenty of other semi legal sites including some large corporations (such as AOL) do it a little bit differently to avoid prosecution as descibed below.

These types of sites will offer a privacy policy and genuinely do as the often "DELIBERATELY well hidden and tedious" privacy policys state (so cant be prosecuted for misrepresntation) but it will be deliberately done in such a way that most people wont bother to read it so tricking people to surrender their details forever which can then be used for whatever porpose the policys state (usually delivering spam which has been legalised by the fact you probably didnt bother to read the policy. This tactic is especially prevelant amongst jewish run enterprises (although not all jews are dishonest, the ones which are, are very cunning) and the faces of some of the mods on here look jewish as well.

Such sites provide fake stupid reasons for doing this like "in case you want to come back". which is BULLPOO
IF ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN WANTED TO COME BACK THEY CAN ANY WAY JUST BY CREATING A FRESH ACCOUNT LIKE THEY DID THE FIRST TIME THEY CAME ON (i some times wonder if the CIA or MI5 or rothchilds are behind running all this data mining projects lol)

There are several ways to defeat this however
1 bomb the server farms (NOT RECOMENDED as this is likely to cost you the rest of your life either in jail or execution and will make you as bad as they are)
2 Delete EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN (like pictures, and all the other general waffle and change that which you cant on your profile first (you might notice that i am 99 years old and over 7foot tall with a london post code of a place ive never been to ::))) and when you have done all that change your email address to that of either a fake one or that of someone you dont carefor depending on the situation, Now any one with half a brain will realise that this will fill up their servers with useless information and prevent them from reissuing user names and the like (which probably doesnt bother them too much) but better still (if you dont just deliberately change the password to one which you will forget) you can also pass on the loggon details to some one else less scrupulous who will reuse the account to annoy (troll) mingle2 and put other people off using it as well (such as posting the new account details on trolling sites for intsance) Word of warning DONT do this unlees you know what you are doing).
If enough people do this it will force the admins to reconsider their policies.
If they read this comment i have posted it may make them also reconsider before the trolls spoil this site

I accept that this is a free site and it needs to make money from advertising to keep running but it doest have to trick people out of their privacy to do it when it already uses ads in the pages themselves

Let me explain something to you, so that you understand. We offer the deactivate option, simply because the information is always in the data base.

Any site which "deletes" a member, only hides the profile from view. The sign up information is still there. Most states require that information to be kept on record. The reason? Just like the Craigslist killer.

So you can rant if you like, and i can hide your profile if you prefer, but the bottom line is, Mingle2 has the guidelines in the terms of use. The same terms of use you agreed to, upon joining. Any site who does not follow the state mandates are opening themselves up to huge lawsuits.

I do hope this answers your rant, and if you need anything further, feel free to email me.

Regards,
Mark - Mingle2 administrator

markecephus's photo
Thu 10/27/11 10:19 PM

Oh no!

I haven't heard from Pam in forever. Pam, my sincere condolences, and keep the faith!

I met Pam when i first joined here, and it's a shame we lost touch. Marie, it's good to see you!

Terry, thanks for the update. Never easy to deliver bad news. When we get to be our age, it seems as if all we hear is bad news. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with Pam and her family. flowerforyou

markecephus's photo
Thu 10/27/11 04:26 PM

Hey guys,
There are too many moved topics in the general discussion forum. Please post your threads in the correct forum.

Currently, there are 17 moved topics on the general discussion page. That being said, we will begin deleting, rather than moving, if this continues.

Please keep this in mind, going forward.

Thanks,
Mark

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/26/11 07:15 PM

Whatever happened to supply and demand?

It's been blacklisted in order to promote big business, Jean.

The point of this thread, is not to decide which is better, Incandescents or CFL's, it is more about preference and availability.

Consider this :

You are renting an apartment, your agreement is you will leave the apartment, in the condition in which it was rented..

So, i ask you, does this mean you have to go out and spend 20 dollars, in order to replace the four blown bulbs @ $5.00 each, which could be replaced with one 4 pack @ 1.98 ?

Same thing with selling a house..

The only reason the push is on, is so big business can capitalize on the public.. Period.

Why else would the old bulbs (which have been around for decades) be discontinued?

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/26/11 06:20 PM

The new bulbs don't put out as much light.
actually they put out more. I replaced 4 60 watts bulbs in my bathroom with 4 40 watts (the new kind). one of the new ones burned out in about a month grumble but the three that are still working put out more light than the 4 60 watters..

They put out much more light than the old kind. The light is given by lumens, not watts. A typical CFL will put out about three times the light per watt than a incandescent... which is the whole point of the change. They also last sufficiently longer to be cheaper to operate in the long run.

You're right, to a degree. A watt is a measurement of power. (I x E) "i" represents current, while "E" represents voltage, and "P" represents power 'watts' In other words, power (watts is directly proportional to the voltage applied, times the current used. For ex. 60 watts, divided by 120 volts = .5 amps, significantly higher than the new bulbs.

Lumens produced, is disproportional to the same amount of light.

The amount of power used to produce the amount of light a 60 watt incandescent emits, is significantly higher than the amount of power used by a CFL, true, however, both units provide 890 lumens, and in addition, CFL's provide a softer light, even though the lumens may be the same.

Also, the cost difference is significant. I have tried both, and the claim that these bulbs last ten times longer, simply isn't true. CFL's do last longer, but in my estimation, not enough to warrant paying 4-7 bucks (per bulb)

* post edited for error.

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/26/11 03:50 PM
Here's an article concerning the phasing out.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45156

They did sell so called "dimable" compact florescents.

Guess what? They don't work worth a %$^$$#

You're right, there is no way to govern the heat within the bulb.With incandescents, simply lowering the voltage (through a dimmer) will control the amount of light.

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/26/11 03:38 PM

I have an antique floor lamp. The center bulb is a 3-way bulb (300,200,100 W) I have a hard time finding those now let alone a simple 100w bulb. This stinks.

There are a few other problems with the idea..

3-way bulbs are one, there is no compact fluorescent, (that i'm aware of) which would work in a three way socket. Also, these bulbs will not work with mood lighting (dimmer switches etc.)

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/26/11 03:12 PM
Hey guys,
Just a heads up, according to NBC news, the incandescent light bulb will be phased out.

100 watt bulbs will no longer be produced, as of January 2012.

75 watt bulbs will be discontinued, as of January 2013.

60 and 40 watt bulbs, will be discontinued as of January 2014. (I am not sure this includes the 40 watt appliance bulb, we all use in refrigerators, ovens, range hoods, etc.)

The push is on to "make" people convert to the more expensive compact fluorescent bulbs. While these bulbs do help conserve energy, the wattage rating is not comparable to an incandescent of the same rating.

The compact fluorescent bulbs cost about 4-7 dollars each.

In addition, and as a Master electrician, with over 30 years in the trade, these compact fluorescent bulbs will be slow to operate (if at all, in extreme cold) I.E. outside light fixtures, or any space such as a garage or storage building, where no heat is provided. (expounding on this further, an older fluorescent bulb is slower to start even in temperate conditions, much less, in freezing weather) I suspect a 0 degree bulb will be developed, if it hasn't been already, (most likely at a much higher cost.

If this information (concerning the phasing out of the incandescent bulb) is wrong, it was taken directly from WALB news (NBC) from Albany Ga.

In addition to the added expense, these bulbs are not "instant on" They do, however, have a longer life (typically).

If you prefer Incandescent bulbs, now would be the time to stock up.

I suppose the Christmas lights are next...

markecephus's photo
Tue 10/25/11 10:08 PM

He just announced on the news that he made a math mistake! The actual date is Oct 21 ... not May 21.

I just wanted to point out, that it is well past October 21, and Harold still sucks at math.

That is all,
as you were....

markecephus's photo
Tue 10/25/11 07:38 PM
Hi Looking4aPartner,

Mingle2 mail appears to be normal. If you haven't logged in, in the past thirty days, the emails were automatically purged from the system. If this is not the case, i can check your account.

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/24/11 03:42 PM

I'm not even sure I'd consider myself a novice at website design, but shouldn't it be fairly easy to put a limit on image sizing?

Images would need to be re-sized with a photo editing program, this would have to be done individually. Simply put, if it even could be done, it simply wouldn't be a feasible venture, given these problems are few and far between.

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/24/11 03:11 PM

I haven't been having any problems. Yes, sometimes an image ends up in the forums that's EXTRA LARGE and you gotta scroll a bit to the right sometimes for that page(which is little annoying at times, but no huge deal, for me anyway).

@Mark, has there (or is there already) anything limiting image sizes posted in forums?

There is no limit, that i'm aware of. Images in the forums are generated from the url of the image. If an image is too large, the page will become misaligned. In that case, if the page is too far out of alignment, we'll need to edit or remove the post.

*also, @ boonedoggy61, you should be able to go into your control panel, and adjust the font size for the resolution you are using. Once established, this should no longer be a problem.

Most sites (who haven't already) are going with the wide screen format.

markecephus's photo
Mon 10/24/11 02:10 PM

What screen resolution are you currently using, boonedoggy61 ?, the forums work best at 1024 x 768.

Try holding down the control key, and rolling your mouse wheel.

markecephus's photo
Sun 10/23/11 05:13 PM

7-0 Packers win again

Yeah, in a nail biter of a game, The pack over the Vikes, 33/27

markecephus's photo
Sun 10/23/11 10:40 AM

Hi PapaPanther1980,
The "who's online" search is not criteria specific. (In other words, distance, gender, age etc.) do not apply.

You'll need to use the basic or advanced search, and if the person is online, you will see this image. (that is, if the person is not in stealth mode.)

Welcome to the forums.

markecephus's photo
Fri 10/21/11 08:52 AM

Insulting others for their opinion is not permitted on the boards.

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/19/11 10:38 PM

Germaphobe! Donald Trump is the same way.

Never noticed that about him, but i've seen Leno do it, on every show

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/19/11 10:34 PM

wow I originally spelled "wear" as "where"

Where is the spelling patrol when you need them??? lol Mark had to call me on it

I saw it, just ignored it LOL. Of course as I've always said; "Spill chick hers our worth less"

sadly...I understood that perfectly laugh

Somebody has to look after you, lol..

Lets see, i would go as.. i dunno, maybe I would dress as LadyGaga yep, that's got to be it.

markecephus's photo
Wed 10/19/11 09:33 PM

Hey guys, kind of in the theme of Andy Rooney.. but did you ever notice.. and how perceptive are you?

When Jay Leno starts the Tonight Show..

If you watch closely, he slaps hands with the front row of the audience. Immediately after, (watch him) both hands go into his pockets. If you watch really closely, those hands are moving..

Wanna know why? Disinfectant wipes. If you'll notice, the first time his hands emerge from his pockets, he immediately rubs them together..

Ever notice that? (not that i blame him, i would too, but it's a subtle thing)

What have you noticed? It doesn't have to be about a star, it could be a politician, a commercial, a product, whatever.

As usual, i will likely be unable to effectively tend this thread, but i'll answer when i can.

Have fun with it.