Community > Posts By > markecephus

markecephus's photo
Fri 12/09/11 05:00 PM
Some posts have been removed from this thread.

Forum rule 5...

5) No derogatory or offensive references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, sexual orientation, body type, or intelligence level.

Mark
Mingle2

markecephus's photo
Sun 12/04/11 09:26 PM
Go Pack!

The Pack moves to 12-0, and the Giants move to 6-6, in a close one.

The Pack over the Giants 38/35

markecephus's photo
Thu 12/01/11 06:49 PM

Can't report the email, because theres no scam in it..just fake details on the profile which I wasn't aware of

Please mail me the user name (do not post it here)

Thanks,
Mark

markecephus's photo
Mon 11/28/11 08:08 PM

Hi all. My question is a different one. When I go to Login, my username and password are already pre-typed in and the 'remember me' box is always checked and I don't want it to be that way, I want to type in my info every time for security's sake. How can I change that?

Did you try unchecking the "remember me" box? And setting your browser settings not to remember your password for this site?

This, and make sure you aren't logging in from a bookmark. If you have bookmarked a page, those cookies will redirect, so you may also want to clear cookies, and using the quoted advice above, uncheck the 'remember me' box on your next log in.

You may also wish to create an introduction topic, in this forum.

Welcome aboard, folks.

markecephus's photo
Thu 11/24/11 08:23 PM

Green Bay goes to 11-0 for the first time ever, with a 27-15 win over the Lions.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:smile:

The 49ers lose to the Ravens, 16-6. The 49ers are now 9-2, the Ravens move to 8-3.

I didn't get to see this game, scores taken from Yahoo sports. Glad i didn't bet on this one, i would have lost.

markecephus's photo
Thu 11/24/11 12:55 PM

Green Bay goes to 11-0 for the first time ever, with a 27-15 win over the Lions.

markecephus's photo
Thu 11/24/11 12:23 PM
Hello Starship1701a,

As Queene mentioned, above, the site does not fully support mobile apps. We do have a mobile version of Mingle2 in the works, however, we do not have a specific date of release.

Also, we cannot upload photos for you. For now, your best bet would be to upload your photos from a PC.

markecephus's photo
Tue 11/22/11 08:16 PM

Hello Oceansidegirl,

Could you mail me some of the usernames of the accounts which have breached your settings (please do not post them here)

Thanks,
Mark - Mingle2

markecephus's photo
Sun 11/20/11 01:47 PM

Green Bay moves to 10 - 0, after a 35-26 win over Tampa Bay.

According to the announcer, this is the first time Green Bay has been 10-0 since 1969, when Bart Starr, was qb.

markecephus's photo
Wed 11/16/11 03:03 PM

Some mobile applications may not work. (i.e.) uploading photos, or sending instant messages.

We do have a mobile version of Mingle2 in the works, however, this is still in development, and there is no set date of release.

For now, you will need to upload from a PC, as Soufie suggested.

markecephus's photo
Wed 11/16/11 10:07 AM

one thing I want to add to Sophie's posts...make sure the photos are in .gif, .jpg, or .bmp format and make sure the filesize of the photo is not too large or it will not upload properly

When it comes to uploading images to a Mingle2 account, the actual file size is almost unlimited. The number of pixels in the image, however, is limited to 10 million. In other words, the product of width*length must not exceed 10000000.

Your account appears to be normal, joy4gud. Are you attempting to upload from a phone?

markecephus's photo
Mon 11/14/11 05:51 PM

Happy Birthday, Carol, and many more! :smile: drinker

markecephus's photo
Sun 11/13/11 03:33 PM

Happy Birthday, Rose :smile: flowerforyou

Thank you Boss flowerforyou flowers

First name's Mark :wink: bigsmile

markecephus's photo
Sun 11/13/11 03:09 PM

Happy Birthday, Rose :smile: flowerforyou

markecephus's photo
Sun 11/13/11 12:56 PM

Mg.
When people come here for a 'date', they
don't mean todays date.
It's a concept thing.

markecephus's photo
Wed 11/09/11 07:15 PM

Hi willing2,
We are not serving ads which would cover the entire page. The only ads you should see in the forums, are just below the header, or those occasional floating ads on the bottom right of the page.

markecephus's photo
Tue 11/08/11 09:35 AM

Hey guys,
Just a reminder.

3) Do not post an email or mail message from any other Mingle2 user, moderator, or administrator on the forums at any time.

I'm sure Metalwing was referring to personal emails, and not those from Mingle2 users.

markecephus's photo
Tue 11/01/11 02:20 PM

Can you give some examples of topics that should go into the general discussion forum? It seems to be the forum people misplace stuff in the most. :smile:

Hi Emily, and that's a good question. :smile:

Here are some good examples, of topics for general discussion.

Topic: Question http://mingle2.com/topic/show/313683

This topic belongs in general discussion, since it asks a general question, not specific to the other forums.

Here's another, it asks the question, "how do you rate your home" http://mingle2.com/topic/show/313541
Again, another legitimate question, which does not fit a specific forum. Now this is a good example.. some could argue it belongs in the 'Recipes/Cooking, Home & Garden' forum, and i suppose it would be fine in that forum, but again, this is more of a general question. It doesn't ask for home advice, home projects, etc. It asks a direct question, so it belongs in General Discussion.

Those are just a couple of examples, but you guys see what i'm getting at, right?

Technically, most any topic could go in General Discussion, as long as it asks a general question, and does not fit another forum.

Here are some more examples...

"How do you plan to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, any special plans?"

"My neice is getting married next month, any suggestions for a wedding present?"

"So, i noticed the weather patterns have been really strange this year, what has been your experience with strange weather?"

Those are all general questions, and would be fine in the General Discussion forum.

markecephus's photo
Tue 11/01/11 12:47 PM

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION: I am not disputing Mingle here,or arguing with the mods, or management. Thank you.

IMO, a better way to do this, would be to email the person and tell them its in the wrong section and to move it, BEFORE, you delete it, since your going to send them an email anyways to tell them you deleted it.

That way they dont have to try to remember the whole topic they posted.

If memory serves, and in this case, how could it not? we've tried that approach many times. We are not going to tie up this entire team, when this could be avoided by the user, by simply posting in the correct forum.

markecephus's photo
Tue 11/01/11 12:27 PM
The forums are separated for a reason. If we were to allow any and everything in the general discussion forum, there would be no need for the other categories.

General discussion, is basically a "catch all" for topics of discussion, when the topic does not fit in any other category.

For topics about relationships, dating, those need to go in the 'Dating & Relationships' forum

Each category, has a subheading on the community page. These should be fairly straightforward.

If it's just a thread for fun, then it needs to go into 'Coffee Houses, Bars & Chit Chat'.

While we do not mind moving the occasionally misplaced thread, there are some who continually post in the wrong forum. This results in a page full of "moved topics"

A bit of an analogy, but if you go to the grocery store, do you expect to find the frozen foods in the paper goods isle? of course not!

That being said, i have ordered the moderators to delete, rather than move topics (at least for now) from those who continually post in the wrong forum. As i noted here http://mingle2.com/topic/show/313563

Please try and post in the correct forum.

Thanks,
Mark