Community > Posts By > Fade2Black

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 03:00 PM

Does it bother you when someone who is ONLINE on an ONLINE DATING SITE tells you they don't like email or IM & wants to move to phone almost immediately?

I always wonder whyyyyyyyyy huh they bother being on line at all. I meet guys in person too, but I use a computer for a reason .. I'm at it a lot in my work & play, so why not use it as a medium to meet people. And I like chatting on mine as well. If someone doesn't well, it's one less thing we have in common ohwell

I just don't get it .. if they hate using the computer to meet people then WHYYYY do they do it? laugh laugh laugh

On that note .. I love what I just read from Dan, on another thread .. I think he nailed it ..

On the first email it is a bit too forward {to ask for a date] On top of that, it is highly unlikely to return a positive result. If you cant be bothered to spend time online emailing people, then an online dating site where emailing is the main communication tool, is probably not for you.

YAAAAA Dan!!! You nailed it flowerforyou

i thought the point was to meet people. hence, dating, not emailing.
hard to date through an email. but everyone is different, and has different formulas for meeting people. good luck to everyone. some people would rather talk on the phone. i'm not one of these people, i hate phones. but after a month or 2 of emails, and then get together to find out everyone lied, emailing is not really worth it either sometimes.

Oh I'm not talking forever online, no meet. I have probably met more people in person, from online dating sites than most .. I could write a book.

HMMMMMMM maybe I should bigsmile

I just mean I like to start out that way .. that's WHY I use a computer to meet people (altho do some in person too) because I like the communication offered thru this.

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 02:45 PM
noway You're baking your own BD cake? We'll have none of that ..

All the guys on the thread are throwing one together for ya .. it should be done before nightfall bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 02:41 PM

Pictures are ok, ski pic is cool, but try at least one picture with no sunglasses and look into the camera :wink: one can tell a lot about a person thru their eyes ..

Have fun & rock on :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks rocker girl

smokin

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 02:40 PM

sonza b*tch*s laugh

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 02:39 PM

I always think it's a bit strange that they're on a site like this, yet can't communicate through the site. Some will say they're bad with computers and would rather talk on the phone. Others whine that they don't want to waste time on here. If they're in that much of a hurry, why are they trying to meet people online?

EXACTLY my point laugh

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 02:03 PM

Best possible news I could report, they didn't show up at all! At least they seem to have figured out they should be ashamed. I had a great day and danced all night, with my siblings and cousins. No single men even close to my age. At least there was no drama or any awkwardness!drinker
BTW My cousin's new bride was absolutely beautiful and sweet as can be

Ahhhhhh this reminds me of the quote ..

"Today was the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday .. was it worth it" :tongue:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet it never became an issue. Truth and goodness won out again .. and you danced the night away to prove it! Woot!

:banana:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 12:53 PM
Pictures are ok, ski pic is cool, but try at least one picture with no sunglasses and look into the camera :wink: one can tell a lot about a person thru their eyes ..

Have fun & rock on :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 12:47 PM

Start emailing the 6 active Massachusetts female profileslaugh

Trust me ... he knows :thumbsup:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 12:46 PM

o.k., I am missing it ....laugh laugh laugh

Nothing to lose sleep over I'm sure :tongue:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 12:45 PM

Hi.I live in penn hills area. I've been so busy with work and business. I've not been on a date for over 5 months and I would like to go out today and have a drink with someone. so if you are a nice lady with good attitude and feel like you could use a good companionship today and want to hang out. hit me up.

rofl
kind of explains the 5 months without a date..

Ya .. so THIS is how it's done eh? hmmmmmm smokin

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 07:53 AM
It's not about being ugly .. it's about her connection with you -

Not whether you're attractive, but whether she is attracted :wink:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 07:49 AM
drinker Hope it's a great experience for you flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 07:08 AM
What to say? Start with "Hello" :tongue:

As to what to wear .. wear the outfit you feel absolutely awesome in, ie .. what gives you that "I feel goooooooooood" feeling bigsmile

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 06:16 AM

Welcome! drinker

Consider turning your caps key off so your posts are easier to read and you won't appear to be "yelling".

Join the forums and take it slow. This site is a lot of fun. You should have no problem finding a comfort zone here. flowerforyou

I'm 44 - and I don't think at 50 you will have any trouble. :thumbsup: winking

And I'm 59 .. and still get dates whenever I choose. Age is just a # babe.

Welcome to M2 flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 06:02 AM
& now back to your regularly scheduled programming smokin

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 08/08/10 05:43 AM
Does it bother you when someone who is ONLINE on an ONLINE DATING SITE tells you they don't like email or IM & wants to move to phone almost immediately?

I always wonder whyyyyyyyyy huh they bother being on line at all. I meet guys in person too, but I use a computer for a reason .. I'm at it a lot in my work & play, so why not use it as a medium to meet people. And I like chatting on mine as well. If someone doesn't well, it's one less thing we have in common ohwell

I just don't get it .. if they hate using the computer to meet people then WHYYYY do they do it? laugh laugh laugh

On that note .. I love what I just read from Dan, on another thread .. I think he nailed it ..

On the first email it is a bit too forward {to ask for a date] On top of that, it is highly unlikely to return a positive result. If you cant be bothered to spend time online emailing people, then an online dating site where emailing is the main communication tool, is probably not for you.

YAAAAA Dan!!! You nailed it flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Sat 08/07/10 02:13 PM
spock Say whaaaat?

flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Fri 08/06/10 08:46 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Fri 08/06/10 08:45 PM

my friends!!
:heart: smooched :banana: love flowerforyou smitten :angel:

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Fri 08/06/10 07:40 PM

Welcome happy

Consider using a main picture of you alone. When more than one person is in the main picture, the viewer won't know which person you are until they click your profile. Most people want to know who they are viewing before that point. Use your current pic as part of your album though.

Enjoy Mingle :banana:

Normally I'd advise the same thing, except more forcefully and abrasively than MG.

However, this time I think it's a moot question. The two guys on your picture are equally handsome, and as far as humans are concerned with looks, and looks alone, looks don't count for individuality, they count for goodness. You must have individuality in your character and personality, since those make or break compatibility in relationships. But I don't think that I'd choose a black woman over a Chinese woman or the other way around if they were the same except for the looks, which was also the same in their degrees of goodness.

What I mean if I met a Chines doctor and a Black doctor and they had exactly the same amount of money, and they both loved me equally, and they both were a hit with my dad and they were both hated by my Momma instantly, but one was a "9" and the other, a "7", I'd marry the "9", regardless which it was. But if the circumstances were kept constant, while changing the scenario to both being an "8" (individually, not collectively) then I'd not know which to marry.(*)

Similarly, on your pic, both guys are a 9-and-a-half, so don't worry, I wouldn't, who is you and who is not. Let the women decide it for themselves.

Let me give you another instance of examples. A woman puts an ad in, she is a slim blonde.

You meet her on a first date.

Scenario 1: In reality she's a fat blonde.
Scenario 2: In reality she's a slim brunette.

In Sc. 1. you'll get upset, rightly so.
In Sc. 2., if you are really a man, you won't even notice the hair color.

This proves that it's not the looks, but the degree of good looks, that makes peole like another for their looks alone or not.

If it were looks, really, a type of looks, that made peole look, then in Sc. 2. you ought to have got upset just as much as under Sc. 1.

Q.E.D.

* In retrospect, I should have married both. Oh, well.

The age range with the two men in photos is too great. One guy is in his 60s and the other guy barely looks 20 years old. For someone who doesn't date at either end of those extremes, it's better to know which person is the actual member.

Saying they are both "9"s in looks is subjective. I wouldn't agree with you. Everyone is attracted to something different than the next.

The bottom line is when a person is on a dating site for the purpose of meeting someone, a person should use an image of only themselves for a main picture that is current and accurate.

It stinks opening a profile only to find the main picture is not representative of the member; a waste of time. We have a hard enough time deciding whether the person is genuine and who they say they are – playing games with photos just ads another layer of mire that is unnecessary.

:thumbsup: