Community > Posts By > indianadave4

indianadave4's photo
Fri 09/21/18 08:06 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Fri 09/21/18 08:15 PM
In 2002 Brian Banks was accused by Wanetta Gibson of rape. He was convicted and spent the next 5 years in prison. From 2007 until 2012 he was sentenced to home arrest. Wanetta Gibson sued the school district and won $1.5 million. A private investigator secretly recorded (audio and video) a conversation where Wanetta Gibson admitted Brian Banks didn't rape her.

State Criminal Statutes of Limitations prevents the state of California from prosecuting Ms. Gibson. She is guilty of lying to the state to initiate the initial arrest, lying in a court of law during prosecution and defrauded the State of California out of $1.5 million of which she has spent most of.

Why can a man be arrested and tried for sexual assault 30 years later yet a woman lies about rape, ruins a mans life, defrauds the state and then walk away?

Fortunately, a movie is being made about this case and will first show in Los Angeles. Then it will show across the country. At least she will be be socially held accountable by the reputation it will give her (unless she moves and changes her name). Finding employment or a boyfriend will be near impossible. A small price to pay for what she has done.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/20/18 10:21 PM

I think the people who are talking about how their personal lives feel so much better because they got rid of their debts, are missing a VERY important point.

That is, that it isn't going into debt or not going into debt which is important. There is not only nothing magic about not borrowing money, it can actually be a horrible decision to stick to.

Because what matters economically, is WHY you go into debt.

Whether we are talking personal finances, or national economies, what you do regarding debt can be smart, conservative self-discipline, or it can be stupid, short-sighted and self destructive idiocy.

Simple example: your car engine throws a rod, and dies, through no fault of yours. Just bad luck. It will cost more than you have in cash, to pay for the repair. The "never borrow money; if you can't afford it, don't do it" car owner will sit down and say "okay, no car till I find the cash." In the meantime, no car, means they have to quit the higher paying job that they had on the other side of town, and find something in walking distance, or with free transportation provided, so that they can continue to pay for the rest of their life needs. Because they refuse to borrow, their life declines in quality accordingly.

The comparative person who thinks that SOME debt, which is actually necessary to further the big picture best interests, is a GOOD thing. So they get the car fixed or replaced, and gradually work their way out of debt.

On a national scale, if the reason for spending more than the government took in in revenues is so that people can do self-indulgent things which contribute nothing permanent to the economy, everything will go to crap. But if they are spending more in order to do things such as fund higher education, or to fund research to enable better use of resources, then the added debt will be a brilliant act that will BENEFIT the nation.

Historically, when nations have refused all debt, and simply waited for money enough to do things, their economies have been worse than sluggish, and have had to wait for serendipitous occurrences such as the sudden discovery of gold deposits or something, in order to progress.

INTELLIGENT use of debt has worked consistently well.

Well, I guess I'll disagree. Not using credit: 1) it gives me confidence in my financial stability and what I can do.This translates into confidence in the economy, 2) It allows me to put, at least, a little bit away for that rainy day, 3) As we all saw in 2008/2009 when the economy went down many who were in debt lost houses, cars, etc, because one or both house hold jobs were lost or time on the job reduced and they were living off of credit cards.

I understand to buy a house or car, yes, a mortgage is needed. But credit cards are not a wise way to operate. I don't like the idea of making bankers rich off of interest just to buy a pair of jeans. Credit cards, also, push prices up. Manufacturers and distributors know people will use credit so they maintain higher price margins. Without credit cards people have to be more selective and sellers have to use price to attract them (supply and demand).

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/20/18 07:44 PM

It is wrong for an alleged victim to decline to report an alleged crime and then use the alleged crime for political purposes 36 years later.

This is similar to when Judge Clarence Thomas was being voted on for the Supreme Court. Anita Hill was brought out at the last minute to stop him.

Another one is Judge Roy Moore. After the election his case has fallen by the wayside.

All political grandstanding.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/20/18 06:41 PM
I posted this a week or so ago. An article about public doubts about polls. The Brookings Institute is the publisher.

Article quote:

Some of the doubts are about pollsters’ methods. Do they ask the right questions? Are they manipulating the wording of questions to get the responses they want? And whom did they interview? Some of the doubts are wrapped up in a mistrust of the political parties, marketers, and media giants that pay for the polls.

But it is precisely because of our respect for polling that we are disturbed by many things done in its name. When interest groups commission pollsters to ask leading questions to gather “scientific” proof that the public agrees with whatever demand they are making on government, they demean polling and mislead the public.

Polling is a tool, not a principle. The authors in this issue come neither to praise nor to bury polling. They do, however, acknowledge how important it has become in our democracy. They stress Ronald Reagan’s “trust but verify” rule.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/polling-public-opinion-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/20/18 06:30 PM

When a person can pay cash and avoid Debt it gives a feeling of accomplishment.

You own Nothing, when you OWE everybody. Credit card debt is booming among. families. Many use them instead of cash.

Good credit is Great! However, Debt is not.

Economy is growing now, thanks to This administration.

After the divorce the credit union wouldn't issue me a credit card. Not because I was a bad investment but I had no history with them as a single person. I obtained a debit card and for the first year things were tight. Since then I've disciplined myself to only buy what I have money for. If the cupboard becomes a bit bare then I lost weight. Monthly bills come first.

Credit card companies are constantly pushing me to use their cards but I refuse. It sure feels good to not owe anyone at the end of the month. Do things get tight now and then? Sure, but I put a little aside every month for those emergencies. I don't see myself ever obtaining a credit card again.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/20/18 06:13 PM

I know it was a long OP, but the questions being posed were

Is it an 'obligation' to report crime? Is it understandable if one does not believe it can be proven or that it will cause danger to themselves, to leave the battle for another day?

The one issue I have is with Diane Feinstein. If she had this letter two months ago why did she wait until just before the vote?

indianadave4's photo
Wed 09/19/18 08:06 PM
There are commercials aimed at men who have prostate problems so I wouldn't think they are focusing on women.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 09/19/18 12:22 AM

I am not supporting what new age teaches either.

This topic may sound strange but it is a teaching that is spreading throughout the new age movement. At first it stunned me. I find it interesting that they will use this as a belief/excuse for when the Body of Christ is taken out of the world.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 09/15/18 10:44 PM

If it wasn't for the cajon navy, a lot more would have died during Harvey. obama could have cared less about that. Oh, by the way, the cagon navy is heading to North Carolina. Us smelly WalMart people are like that.

Was Obama president during Hurricane Harvey?

Hurricane Harvey hit Houston in 2017.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 09/15/18 10:42 PM
Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson. The program that aired on our CBS affiliate tonight (Saturday 15, 2018) had some very interesting things to say about major news media organizations. I was surprised that it even aired on CBS:

In a nut shell they all claim to present the unbiased news. However, at times big name reporters and broadcasters seem to "disappear" for no reason. Months or years later it comes out that a story they were working on was not coming to the conclusions of the UNWRITTEN network guideline(s). These individuals always "retire" early.

When new journalists (especially college grads) are hired in they soon find out the unwritten rules and why said individuals retired early. If they want to develop a career that will progress they had better follow these unwritten rules while stating they are reporting only the unpolished facts.

-----------------

Again,generally I don't trust the major news networks.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 09/15/18 04:49 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Sat 09/15/18 04:50 PM

I don't know what makes people think they have free speech on everything. You don't, and you never have.

Say that to the news media ... at least when they want to report something with their spin!!!

indianadave4's photo
Sat 09/15/18 04:46 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Sat 09/15/18 04:47 PM

Answer : NOT TRUMP NeedToImpeach.com. #notmypresident

Democrats are sore losers. Because they didn't win the election their answer is to try to impeach going against the what the voters chose because they didn't get their way.

Even the top leaders of the Democrats have said that trying to impeach President Trump is a horrible idea and will help Republicans win in 2018 and 2020.

I hope they do try to impeach him because not only will it help Republicans but it has ZERO chance of passing since first they need a "High crime" to charge him with and also they need a 2/3rd majority in both the House and Senate and that wont happen but please, keep talking about impeachment. It helps Republicans every time it is mentioned!

The one mistake that the republican house of representatives recently made was not putting forward the democratic bill to close ICE down. Had this bill been pushed to a vote it would have shown the true colors of some democratic members. This "eliminate ICE" bill was a win Hispanic vote political move.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 09/15/18 04:22 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Sat 09/15/18 04:24 PM
Sunny and 80 degrees since Florence came close to the east coast. Florence is forcing the jet stream north of the Midwest and until it goes away we're suppose to remain the same: 80 and sunny. Local meteorologist forecasts sound like a broken record (and they admit to it).

Of course, we all feel for the folks in the North/South Carolina area.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 09/15/18 04:10 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Sat 09/15/18 04:12 PM
"Over all", IMO, men and women, generally, age equally. Women try to hide aging with make up and hair coloring, however, when I view women's profiles or talk with people (men and women) in public everything equals out.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/13/18 01:56 AM
When I was in my teens and 20's women were willing to take a chance on a relationship. As women (and men) age our baggage causes us to loose trust in the opposite sex. Of the dates I've gone on since the divorce (2009) it has been evident that most of the women had an emotional wall of mistrust up. Within reason it is understandable. When it's obvious the woman is exceedingly nervous I pay for the coffee or dinner and move on. Recently one lady wanted to push things a little bit. I, gracefully, shut down the relationship because I don't want to be the recipient of a #MeToo accusation. Right now I don't trust women so I don't write women

indianadave4's photo
Wed 09/12/18 11:07 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Wed 09/12/18 11:11 PM
During the 2016 election the democrat's and news media said wall street will crash if Trump is elected.

Throughout 2017 the democrat's and news media said the gains in the economy had nothing to do with President Trump.

During the late winter and early spring of this year the democrat's and news media blamed the wall street corrections all on President Trump.

Is President Trump the cause for Hurricane Florence?

indianadave4's photo
Mon 09/10/18 08:28 PM

New Age guru David Spangler writes that "those attuned to the old world" will be "transported through the [cosmic] law of attraction" to "another planet, plane of existence or level of earth's consciousness where they can be contained... the main point is that they will lose, for the time being, their access to the etheric planes of power and the ability to control or influence the developments upon earth." (Revelation, Birth of a New Age, pp.163-4)

When this taking away happens the New Age leaders will immediately inform society what has happened and what the future holds. When our catching away happens the unbelieving world may be surprised, momentarily, but talked out of being shocked. What a deception!

BTW, I am in no way supporting what new ager's teach. Just passing along what they believe.

indianadave4's photo
Sun 09/09/18 10:19 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Sun 09/09/18 10:21 PM
New Age guru David Spangler writes that "those attuned to the old world" will be "transported through the [cosmic] law of attraction" to "another planet, plane of existence or level of earth's consciousness where they can be contained... the main point is that they will lose, for the time being, their access to the etheric planes of power and the ability to control or influence the developments upon earth." (Revelation, Birth of a New Age, pp.163-4)

When this taking away happens the New Age leaders will immediately inform society what has happened and what the future holds. When our catching away happens the unbelieving world may be surprised, momentarily, but talked out of being shocked. What a deception!

indianadave4's photo
Sun 09/09/18 09:57 PM
Last year the Jerusalem Post ran a story about John Kerry meeting with the head of the PLO in London. During the conversation, according to the report, Kerry asked Agha to convey a message to Abbas and ask him to “hold on and be strong.” Tell him, he told Agha, “that he should stay strong in his spirit and play for time, that he will not break and will not yield to President [Donald] Trump’s demands.”

According to Kerry, Trump will not remain in office for a long time. It was reported that Kerry said that within a year there was a good chance that Trump would not be in the White House.

https://www.jpost.com/.../Kerry-to-Abbas-confidante-Stay...

-----------------------------

John Kerry was not a member of the Presidents cabinet or an official nationally elected politician: just an individual citizen. The Logan Act bars citizens from negotiating with foreign powers on behalf of the U.S. government.

This is a felony and borders on treason.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 09/06/18 09:04 PM

Giuliani to AP: Trump will not answer obstruction questions

"President Donald Trump will not answer federal investigators' questions, in writing or in person, about whether he tried to block the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, one of the president's attorneys told The Associated Press on Thursday."

And we are supposed to believe he has nothing to hide? What happened to transparency? By not answering, he's admitting guilt.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/giuliani-ap-trump-not-answer-232432807.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews

Neither would Hillary.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25