Community > Posts By > Drivinmenutz

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 07/02/14 08:44 AM

from declaration of independence

endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

so the pursuit of happiness is a right

but it is also the right of everyone else

so

you have the right to pursue happiness

but

you do not have the right to walk on others same right to do so

thank your once again sirdrinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 06/26/14 11:16 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Thu 06/26/14 11:16 AM

Ha. Nice!

So Putin thinks avoiding the dollar will hurt the USA, when it'll likely just help us. We don't really export to Russia, and then pulling out of the dollar will just cheapen the dollar which reduces our inflation and makes US manufacturing cheaper.

We win.

Perhaps i missed the sarcasm, in which case i apologize, but you do understand that the devaluation (cheapening, if you will) of our currency is pretty much the definition of inflation right? And lowering the cost of our exports to other countries also hurts our economy, as it lowers the amount of money we import?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 05/29/14 08:00 PM
This is quite common. Personally know two people that have been robbed by police. Cops are people too I suppose. Some good, some bad.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 04/09/14 10:22 AM

This BTW would be ore of a Red Cell exercise if anything. You may want to look into what that is and what they do. Testing vulnerability of military basis and equipment is their sole mission.

Red Cell? My goodness. Shades of Richard Marcinko the Rogue Warrior.

Not bad fiction though for a boring, rainy day.

Red Cell did actually exist, although the stories in the books are fiction. They were disbanded back in the 90's.

The Clancy and fiction writers stories are fiction. Commander Marcinko's versions have been backed up by many in his military unit. This is a man who made it aboard Air Force One with his men waiting to greet the President, took over a nuclear Submarine, secure chemical weapons and a US Embassy. The Red Cell exercises ended his career and put him in hot water because he made a lot of people look bad.

You are correct. But Dickie even mentions in his first Red Cell book that the stories and details were fiction. He was not authorized to share real information as it was all classified.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 04/08/14 10:27 AM

Everyone has a theory based on their orientation. Personally, I assume that the anti-depressants are a major factor. I see too many clients with medication "spellbinding", however humans are very complex and so is human behaviour

I take antidepressants, and have for years and I have never thought of harming another human being, hell I cant even harm\hunt an animal.

This guy had a break. He had two deaths of people close to him and today it was just announced he wasn't allowed leave to grieve to attend services.

To put things simply; there are many different forms of antidepressants, most of which are quite harmless to MOST people. But there are possible (but rare) reactions in people that can cause pretty much any type of mental and/or physical problem you can think of. Also, if one stops use of these medications (of certain categories) suddenly, you will likely have a return of symptoms that is greater in magnitude than you originally had prior to starting on these medications.

I heard ambien mentioned earlier, this medication does alter ones mental status. I've heard of people taking this drug and waking up in a gas station the next town over in their PJ's. Again, these cases are more on the rare side, but it does happen.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 04/08/14 10:12 AM

This BTW would be ore of a Red Cell exercise if anything. You may want to look into what that is and what they do. Testing vulnerability of military basis and equipment is their sole mission.

Red Cell? My goodness. Shades of Richard Marcinko the Rogue Warrior.

Not bad fiction though for a boring, rainy day.

Red Cell did actually exist, although the stories in the books are fiction. They were disbanded back in the 90's.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sat 02/22/14 11:00 AM

Isn't there something in the constitution about the government not able to impose certain laws over riding state laws

I could be wrong, but I think the Civil War put an end to states having the final say in anything.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sat 02/22/14 10:22 AM
Grandmother always said; "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

I know I am about to offer a huge generalization, but from what I've seen here in my state, many, or most democrats will treat issues without putting much thought into solutions, or trying to predict outcomes. To many (and I've heard it mentioned by several here on mingle), doing "anything" is better than doing nothing.

For instance, here in Maine, legislation was written to expand welfare to include a broader base of clients on the healthcare front. Funding for this was an afterthought. Hospitals were forced to take patients, and the state, not being able to afford it, just wouldn't pay the bill. The result over the course of a decade or so, was the state owing our hospitals $400+ million, which is a ton of money for a low populated, low income state. This actually caused quite a few job cuts, and salary decreases.

Democrats wanted to expand healthcare again, without answering this debt. Our republican governor actually resorted to vetoing virtually everything that came across his desk until they payed back the money (a compromise was reached and some of the money was paid). He got a TON of backlash for this.

I believe Ben Franklin said "Never confuse motion for action".

That being said, I have wondered if the long-term effects of welfare is beneficial at all economically.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 02/19/14 12:46 PM

Reading that basically all men want in a relationship is support, loyalty and sex. And they can do without sex occasionally, i.e. if the wife is preggers or having her period etc. But if it happens too often or with no 'valid' reason, the man will get sex elsewhere. No matter how much he might love his wife, no matter how much support and loyalty he gets from his wife, he will get it elsewhere. Because he needs it. Men that say they don't, lie.
Mind you, HIS words, not mine, haha. (I must admit I cannot believe some of the things this Steve Harvey writes, hence the question)

Now the big question: Do you men agree? Will you indeed stray if she's holding out on you for whatever reason (which can also be a so called valid reason)?

Took a sociology class where the instructor was a relationship therapist. According to her you have two separate entities in a relationship that depend on one another.

1. Sex

2. Other forms of affection and romance (like the "support" you spoke of).

When one suffers, the other will eventually follow, so both are important to keeping a healthy relationship. When there is a good physical reason one area is lacking than a couple, who are committed, will find ways to work around it.

She also mentioned that if there is something, anything, missing in a relationship that one person finds important, he/she will find said thing elsewhere. She claims it is important to remember that fact, and the fact that your significant other will NEVER be "off the market". This is important because it reminds us to never get complacent. We must continue to go out of our way to please those that are so special to us with the same vigilance we used to win him/her over.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 02/12/14 12:11 PM
In response to the OP, I say if they are in international waters, let them hang out where they please.

Think our best response is to not take it seriously (maybe even turn it into a joking matter) and let the Iranians wear themselves out. If they try anything stupid or threatening we could blow them out of the water with the snap of a finger.

JMO

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 02/12/14 12:08 PM

More propaganda , America shot down an Iranian plane and a cadet ship is a threat !!
That's why they've sent a ship with cadets? They WANT you to sink them, then get the sympathy vote, saying the big bully America, sank a ship full of cadets, that meant no harm. That's the fact most of you are missing? It's a planned one finger salute to the US and they're hoping that you take the bait and deal with it by sinking them? Sure their government are not playing with a full deck, but they're playing a hand that they hope will call your bluff and you'll deal with it by force? Honestly your government should just ignore them, as they don't pose a threat to you in a military sense, as everyone knows you could blow them away easily?

we might let the English do it for us, they are great at handling our small stuff...
That's why our SAS are the best in the World? They can get the jobs done that your mob f**k up! That was my mates Dad who is a retired SAS soldier told me a while back! He knows better than I do about all that military crap!

what's SAS stand for?
The best trained special forces along with the SBS ( special boat service ) in the World. That's who they are and that's a fact! Surprised you never knew that? Any Green Beret, or Navy Seal, would tell you the same Mightymoe?

No, MY daddy can beat YOUR daddy up...

Seriously guys, we really arguing about this?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 02/12/14 12:04 PM

More propaganda , America shot down an Iranian plane and a cadet ship is a threat !!
That's why they've sent a ship with cadets? They WANT you to sink them, then get the sympathy vote, saying the big bully America, sank a ship full of cadets, that meant no harm. That's the fact most of you are missing? It's a planned one finger salute to the US and they're hoping that you take the bait and deal with it by sinking them? Sure their government are not playing with a full deck, but they're playing a hand that they hope will call your bluff and you'll deal with it by force? Honestly your government should just ignore them, as they don't pose a threat to you in a military sense, as everyone knows you could blow them away easily?

we might let the English do it for us, they are great at handling our small stuff...
That's why our SAS are the best in the World? They can get the jobs done that your mob f**k up! That was my mates Dad who is a retired SAS soldier told me a while back! He knows better than I do about all that military crap!

what's SAS stand for?

Special Air Service. Started a while back as a counter terrorist group. Comparable to DEVGRU (what people call Seal Team 6) and Delta Force. We actually based the training of these two groups on SAS training.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 02/11/14 11:21 AM

no

you are one case of many,, hooray for you

no need to feel anything

but for all the others who weren't so able or fortunate, I still FEEL its a good option for them to have,,,

the option is go to a public school and major in something that you can get a job quickly after graduating..

where you get your undergraduate degree is pretty irrelevant.

get a job after graduating and then when you have some stability pick a more prestigious school for a graduate degree..

I am sorry, but this falls under the category of irresponsible choices and in my OPINION the taxpayers are going to get screwed over again for it..

Non prestigious medical schools are around 180k. After paying for a 4 year degree that is prestigious enough to compete for a slot in the 180k program. Many cost more. Got friends graduating 300k in debt.

Irresponsible, perhaps. But costs and interest rates are killing people.

Law school is more than 100k. Hit or miss as far income is concerned after graduation.

I agree. Going to college for the sake of going to college is foolish nowadays. You need a plan. But this is madness. Honestly I wish banks would have stayed out of college from the beginning. Costs would be MUCH lower.

*///
Do you think doctors will make enough money to pay off the debt?

That 180k investment will pay off rather handsomely over their career..

There are people paying 47k per year to go to Columbia for a degree in geography or fine art.. Those are the people I am talking about.

Not necessarily. Doctors don't get paid as much as one would think. 150k a year is almost nothing with $3000+ monthly student loan payments, and $15,000 a year in malpractice insurance. Not to mention many MD careers are taking cuts in pay while being expected to take on more patients.

And yes, I agree with your example on spending large sums to get B.S. degrees. That is probably the majority of the problem today with un-managed student loans.

That being said, its horrible to have 7%+ interest on 300k+ of debt. So i guess what Im trying to say, is that I don't see a problem with allowing these loans to be consolidated at a lower interest. Its essentially private banks dealing with private banks. Only thing the government pays is the interest while said student is attending college.

here is a link with average starting and 6yrs of experience salaries..

http://www.profilesdatabase.com/resources/2011-2012-physician-salary-survey

Thanks for info. Done plenty of research on this. Spoke with physician recruiters at 2 different hospitals. Only way for Docs to make money is private practice. Affordable Care Act is likely to make things tougher on them now. Hospitals are gunning after Doctors' salaries pretty hard (General practitioners start at 125K, for instance). Saw two ER docs get fired for refusing pay cuts.

Upon graduation from medical school, if military benefits haven't been further cut, I was planning on joining again to pay off my student loans. There are still ways around it, but they are becoming fewer and further between. Docs aren't the only ones with issues. Law school graduates are another. Seen nurses graduate with 6 figure debt.

Perhaps if it wasn't so easy to sign a piece of paper instead of being forced to shop for the best school for the least amount of money, we would be better off. I really do see banks being a major culprit in this arena.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 02/10/14 09:24 AM

Hey, if a college graduate wants to turn to a private lender to obtain a personal loan in order to pay off a federal loan, then I am all for it.

That is how refinancing works. One borrows from Lender A to pay off Lender B.

Agree completely

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 02/10/14 09:23 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Mon 02/10/14 09:25 AM

no

no need to feel anything

but for all the others who weren't so able or fortunate, I still FEEL its a good option for them to have,,,

the option is go to a public school and major in something that you can get a job quickly after graduating..

get a job after graduating and then when you have some stability pick a more prestigious school for a graduate degree..

I am sorry, but this falls under the category of irresponsible choices and in my OPINION the taxpayers are going to get screwed over again for it..

Non prestigious medical schools are around 180k. After paying for a 4 year degree that is prestigious enough to compete for a slot in the 180k program. Many cost more. Got friends graduating 300k in debt.

Law school is more than 100k. Hit or miss as far income is concerned after graduation.

I agree. Going to college for the sake of going to college is foolish nowadays. You need a plan. But this is madness. Honestly I wish banks would have stayed out of college from the beginning. Costs would be MUCH lower.

*///
Do you think doctors will make enough money to pay off the debt?

That 180k investment will pay off rather handsomely over their career..

There are people paying 47k per year to go to Columbia for a degree in geography or fine art.. Those are the people I am talking about.

Not necessarily. Doctors don't get paid as much as one would think. 150k a year is almost nothing with $3000+ monthly student loan payments, and $15,000 a year in malpractice insurance. Not to mention many MD careers are taking cuts in pay while being expected to take on more patients.

And yes, I agree with your example on spending large sums to get B.S. degrees. That is probably the majority of the problem today with un-managed student loans.

That being said, its horrible to have 7%+ interest on 300k+ of debt. So i guess what Im trying to say, is that I don't see a problem with allowing these loans to be consolidated at a lower interest. Its essentially private banks dealing with private banks. Only thing the government pays is the interest while said student is attending college.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sun 02/09/14 07:03 PM

no

no need to feel anything

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 01/27/14 07:49 AM

"The president sees this as a year of action…to work with Congress where he can and to bypass Congress where necessary…to lift folks who want to come into the middle class,"

See, I really wish he would explain this a bit more. How in the world is he "lifting" anyone to the "middle class"? How is he planning on increasing anyone's income?

OC, for instance, costing a couple $700 monthly with outrageous deductibles while simultaneously decreasing the tax brake on medical expenses. This couple is middle income, and now health care costs have increased.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sun 01/26/14 08:44 PM

The hoover damn comes to my mind. Spend a billion on something like that and you create wealth, spend a billion on a stealth bomber and you just spent a billion.

There was an interesting proposition an economist brought up once about attaching the dollar to infrastructure instead of gold or fiat currency. Government wouldn't be able to just print the money, instead they would have to build a bridge, or building, etc. Was quite interesting. Your comment made me think of it.

If it's something people benefit from directly, then it does, indeed, constitute capital.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sun 01/26/14 10:05 AM

Right, and those workers earn no money, nor spend such money, nor affect economic systems, so those cities that happen to situate around military bases in, say, Texas are mere illusions and not really cities. Businesses therein are lies and remain open solely by virtue of bribes and government grants. Of course, if those government departments are closed, the local economy is equally unaffected.

Think what he was trying to say this the economy is truly boosted if the job created creates capital as well. This is primarily a public market deal. Unless uncle sam hires a bunch of people to produce vehicles or houses, etc., pays those employees fair wages, and sells those products for fair prices...

Any job that doesn't, only redistributes wealth, instead of building or adding to the economy.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Fri 01/24/14 10:40 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Fri 01/24/14 10:41 AM
If greed were defined as "desire for excess", than it is what drives our economy, produces food, builds homes, cars etc. Greed matched with productivity can be beneficial everyone.

The desire to obtain these things without providing efforts to contribute is a problem. These people can be found in all income brackets.

It can be the able-bodied person wanting an increase in welfare benefits while refusing to find a job. Or it can be the person making a $1M+ annually who continually gets raises each year, while only works 3 months, and cuts employees' wages/benefits to maintain his lifestyle.

I personally know people from both categories.

Luckily here in the U.S. one can obtain necessities regardless of income. You just have to know where to look.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25