Community > Posts By > Drivinmenutz

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 10/31/13 06:36 PM

Did I miss something when I was looking at the concept that having all people covered; especially that explodeing percentage of people with expensive chronic pre-existing health issues at least in part financially responsible for their own care makes sense?

I personally believe if the only care and coverage a large percentage of people would have as they age is Medicare we are all screwed. 20% of Senior care will bankrupt most families. Yea you might thin the ranks of people competing for jobs by forcing caregiving on families but they will be too poor to buy anything but necessities.

As it stands up until when people accept uninsured patients are an absolute drain on medical resources as they grow substantially more expensive as their conditions were only treated when they reached crisis stage not death and went to free indigent care.

Care that is driving more and more medical practices and services out of business. Making "care" so expensive that only those that can afford to fly out of country where competition, less malpractice, and reasonable pharma profits make it not only affordable but less of a "stop, drop, chop, and curb" patients system and the focus is on education, quality nursing, choices, and actual comfortable care. All the rest who can't can count of rationed care if any care at all regardless of their age.

Will insurance companies and tax payers have to wake up and make sure the "expensive" especially self inflicted patients actually don't drive up premiums yes but I don't see how that is a bad thing.

Actually, from what I've seen, the uninsured are only a small part of the problem. In Maine, we took a bigger hit from Medicaid, than from uninsured patients. If you are uninsured and receive a huge bill, you may request to make payments. You actually have a large say in how much those payments are. At any rate these payments may have been low, but they were some money coming in. Medicaid wasn't making their payments. In fact they fell decades and hundreds of millions of dollars behind (this is quite substantial especially in Maine). Medicare often shortchanges hospitals by trying to regulate costs. They will pay $4,000 for a $9,000 procedure, because that's how much they think it SHOULD cost.

Insurance companies in general add substantial to healthcare costs in general. Think about it. You are adding lawyers for both the hospital and insurance companies, case managers, billing agencies, etc. to the healthcare staff. These people are getting paid while providing no care. There are several clinics that don't accept insurance, and same day doctor visits only cost $40 out of pocket.

Then there are drug companies, and money-hungry hospital management, and lack of preventive care (which you have brought up already) that are all adding to the rising costs and degrading care.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 10/31/13 06:18 PM

I think Benghazi was a planned assassination. .. by the Elite.

Perhaps. I am not naive enough to believe anything of that sort is impossible. From what I understand, the administration was warned several times that there was a situation coming. They were also warned that the militia they were relying on were inadequate for security. AND QRF was told to stand down in the beginning. These warnings came from higher ranking personnel. If this is all correct, it sounds like someone desperately didn't want anything done to stop it at any rate.

I do believe certain rules and provisions are made to extend wars. Can't begin to explain how many times we were told to stand down, and not help fellow soldiers who are getting ambushed, or not to shoot back at someone firing from a mosque, or stay away from the side of town we are getting mortared from.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 10/31/13 05:53 PM

to each their own

this is enough for me not to choose Ron Paul ,who survived a 16 year career, supposedly believing his job should be, essentially, doing nothing for anyone..

What do you mean?

The guy was an ineffective Congressman. He only had very few bills passed, I believe only one and his foreign policy ideas are a disaster.

I will give him this at least he actually voted on bills instead of just voting present, where Obama voted present more then any member of Congress and missed votes to further his own personal agenda.

In this current corrupt system, Ron Paul is a fish out of water.

That is why he seems ineffective. His ideas are so real and so practical they can't work in the current corrupt system. And what is so good about passing a bill? There are so many really bad bills passed by jerks who are just trying to "do" something and justify their jobs, they just manage to screw things up more.

Ron Paul is too good for this political system. I don't know why he dirty's his hands with any of it.

A perfect example of how dangers his proposals are. He wanted to close every military base outside the US. Let's look at Bengazi for a minute. There were A LOT of F-ups on that incident and all point at the Fuhrer and Secretary Clinton. One of the problems investigations found is we didn't have a base close enough to respond so it took extra time to get there, imagine if they had to come from the US? More lives would have been lost. From a strategic standpoint he would cripple our national security and defense.

Ok, i see where you are coming from now... I thought there was a CIA camp 2 or 3 blocks from the embassy though. They had been told to stand down instead of helping until things got bad. The impression I got anyhow. Haven't done much research on some of these hot issues, admittedly.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 10/31/13 04:50 AM
This may be old news, but the thought Hillary was gunning for presidency of the world bank... If this were still true, American presidency seems like a smaller position.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 10/31/13 04:47 AM

In this current corrupt system, Ron Paul is a fish out of water.

That is why he seems ineffective. His ideas are so real and so practical they can't work in the current corrupt system. And what is so good about passing a bill? There are so many really bad bills passed by jerks who are just trying to "do" something and justify their jobs, they just manage to screw things up more.

Ron Paul is too good for this political system. I don't know why he dirty's his hands with any of it.

Couldn't have said it better...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 10/31/13 04:45 AM

to each their own

this is enough for me not to choose Ron Paul ,who survived a 16 year career, supposedly believing his job should be, essentially, doing nothing for anyone..

What do you mean?

The guy was an ineffective Congressman. He only had very few bills passed, I believe only one and his foreign policy ideas are a disaster.

I will give him this at least he actually voted on bills instead of just voting present, where Obama voted present more then any member of Congress and missed votes to further his own personal agenda.

I know few support him. But why is there little to no argument against his ideas? Instead other politicians throw slogans at him or call him a loon, but there is nothing constructive from the side of his opposition, nothing intellectual.

I guess what I am asking is, what is wrong with the notion of ceasing our payments to foreign countries and using the money on America instead? Does the president of Pakistan(Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and 170 other countries) need a billions o dollars a year from us? We end up fighting enemies that we fund, with weapons we gave them, using rules of engagement that are ridiculous and merely extend the fight...

Anyhow, I'm not saying there is no argument against Ron Paul's policy or there is no answer, but you can't say the whole idea is disastrous...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:56 PM

Well, at least a cupcake is easier to swallow than the Obamacare being forced down people's throats.

To say the least....

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:53 PM
What i liked most about Dr. Paul was his information. He wouldn't speak in slogans like 90% of other politicians. Obama and Clinton sounded nice when they spoke, but they gave little to no information. GW didn't even sound intelligent... Ron Paul had information he was giving. This is something, it seems, the mainstream doesn't actually want.

Anyhow, I believe Ron Paul wanted to encourage the desire for independence and free thought, which are seldom bad qualities..

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:48 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Wed 10/30/13 06:54 PM

to each their own

A much better standpoint than "Doing anything is better than nothing".

Metaphoric example: A house is on fire. Throwing gasoline on it is "doing something". It won't exactly put the fire out though...

Perhaps we need to think things through. Have more constructive debates. Allow people to take more responsibility in their communities...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:42 PM
What people seem not to understand is the fact that insurance companies became a huge problem in our healthcare. Non-medical personnel dictate medical procedures, so now the medical staff is no longer working in the patients' best interests. Also insurance is draining money out of the productive portion of healthcare and putting it in the pockets of their employees. An increasing number of lawyers are needed to fight for both sides, and as a result, more staff is required to deal with billing paperwork. This drains our a HUGE amount of money out or our healthcare system.

What does our government do? Require everyone buy insurance of course...

There seems to be little knowledge of the fact that medicare and medicade cost the system a huge amount of money as well. They often don't pay on time, they grossly underpay hospitals, and sometimes they don't pay at all. (this was a recent issue in my state)

Another huge cost in medical care comes from the outrageous markup on medical equipment and supplies (1000% markup in some cases).

What does our government do? Put a tax on medical equipment/supplies.

Another huge issue with our healthcare resides in pharmaceutical companies charging ridiculous prices for medications. Switching to generic meds whenever possible could save as much as 25% of the total cost of healthcare.

What does our government do? Nothing. (Not that i have heard of.)

Don't get me started on the salaries of medical staff. If we cut any salaries it needs to be administration, not the medical professionals.

Anyhow, ACA does not seem to address any of these issues. And how anyone could support a massive bill without reading it is beyond me...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:20 PM

it would be little difference

taxpayers would gripe about raising costs on medicare too

I don't think it's so much a gipe about raising taxes, but inefficient use of this tax money that truely bothers people...

those who were most in need but unable to afford insurance, now can get it

AND now certain people who could have afforded insurance can no longer do so... Not very comfortably at least...

and insurers have one less reason to charge unreasonable rates if the insurance market is saturated with more policyholders paying in,,,

This i find quite interesting as you seemingly advocating government making people buy insurance to boost profits... This is quite contradictory to the notion of helping those in need. (Again, note that I emphasize "seeming".

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 10/29/13 12:16 PM

To expand on my last comment... I had a liberal girlfriend who did a report on racism for college. Her conclusion was that "racism" could be found anywhere if one looked hard enough. Even if it didn't actually exists... So perhaps we need to ask ourselves from a philosophical standpoint; "Is looking for racism causing racism to exist where it otherwise wouldn't?" At least in part... And, "At what point are we finding things that aren't real?"

I only go on my own experience and white racism is pretty rampant especially in the area of where they are ignorant of their own racism that they were taught and perpetuate. Whites don't even realize they are racists quite often.

I speak on my races racism because I am in a position to be exposed to it by them.

Luckily I have been exposed to very little racism. We don't teach it to our kids up here. I count my blessings for that. However I have been discriminated against in the work environment, on one job. Fortunately it was a retail job, and therefore a temporary situation.

I have also seen one or two instances where friends applying to college have been turned down for other, less qualified applicants, as the school needed (or wanted)to keep diverse numbers.

I have also heard from a close friend, of an accident he was in caused by a drunken driver, who had an open vodka bottle, no drivers license, and no insurance, yet was not arrested. (Turns out the driver was an illegal immigrant. So admittedly this situation had more to do with paperwork and bureaucracy than it did racism.)

this is another interesting one to me, as I have NEVER been in a position when not getting accepted (to college, or a job) that I had someone contact me to tell me who was accepted/hired and what their qualifications were

NOT ONCE,,,

I know this information because i met these people and got to know them. Both parties. I also know people in the system who have admitted to having certain "numbers" quotas. No, no one ever called my friends and said "we decided to admit this person who had **** qualifications instead of you".

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 10/29/13 05:41 AM

To expand on my last comment... I had a liberal girlfriend who did a report on racism for college. Her conclusion was that "racism" could be found anywhere if one looked hard enough. Even if it didn't actually exists... So perhaps we need to ask ourselves from a philosophical standpoint; "Is looking for racism causing racism to exist where it otherwise wouldn't?" At least in part... And, "At what point are we finding things that aren't real?"

I think racism exists,, I don't think looking for it is what makes it exist anymore than looking for crime makes it exist

people judge and people make choices about others based on race

of course, people make bad calls, like anything else in life

but it doesn't happen often enough to dismiss how often the calls are right,, imho

I agree. Except under circumstances like the one i brought up earlier. White man and black woman with the same credentials applies for a job, or loan, or anything of the nature. White man gets it. Many, if not most, would ASSUME racism. Racism is not easily proven, as it is largely subjective. Pursuing this avenue would anger the employer, who now has to spend thousands fighting this in court, and unless the manager is the business owner, he/she will likely get fired as a result of bad publicity. Now this could cause backlash, and/or over-corrective actions in the future, thereby creating discrimination against whites or blacks where there was none in the first place.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 10/29/13 05:31 AM

I only go on my own experience and white racism is pretty rampant especially in the area of where they are ignorant of their own racism that they were taught and perpetuate. Whites don't even realize they are racists quite often.

I speak on my races racism because I am in a position to be exposed to it by them.

Luckily I have been exposed to very little racism. We don't teach it to our kids up here. I count my blessings for that. However I have been discriminated against in the work environment, on one job. Fortunately it was a retail job, and therefore a temporary situation.

I have also seen one or two instances where friends applying to college have been turned down for other, less qualified applicants, as the school needed (or wanted)to keep diverse numbers.

I have also heard from a close friend, of an accident he was in caused by a drunken driver, who had an open vodka bottle, no drivers license, and no insurance, yet was not arrested. (Turns out the driver was an illegal immigrant. So admittedly this situation had more to do with paperwork and bureaucracy than it did racism.)

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 10/28/13 01:32 PM

you guys have completely went nuts. lmao you all need some help...

Interesting how the least informative piece in the thread repeats itself...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 10/28/13 01:29 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Mon 10/28/13 01:30 PM

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 10/28/13 01:24 PM

Funny... I see racism against blacks, and racism against whites. Sexism against men, and sexism against women. The only policy that can be put forth is the requirement that one cannot favor a particular sex/or race, over the other (which is supposedly a law in place). Even this is tough to uphold, as they are mostly based on assumptions. Micromanaging these situations likely result in the reverse effect. A white man and black woman apply for the same job, and have the same credentials. Employer decides to flip a coin and the white man gets a job. Looks like racism, but it's not.

In fact most people i know would hire the black woman for fear of lawsuits. Wouldn't that be racism as well?

I Suppose

and ignorance, as you cant be sued so long as you hire someone who is qualified,,,and there is no EVIDENCE of discrimination against any groups in your hiring

You can be brought to court,which costs money, right? Whether or not you are found guilty...

you can, and it also costs money to the one bringing it to court, especially if they end up not being able to PROVE IT,,,

I don't think that's a priority to most people trying to make an income

I Suppose it depends on the jury... One can bring a case based on emotion. And emotion can win a jury... Remember some of the claims about the Zimmerman/Travon case?

You, yourself have even been quoted saying about our current president; if one disapproves our current president while supporting another with the same policy, then racism is a logical assumption. Yet, one big difference between our president and the predecessors to him is not just race, but political party....

remember how the jury ruled?

and our past presidents have been republicans and democrats, so Im not sure what you mean about the difference in political party?

and I have never claimed all opposition is racism, I have claimed the opposition includes racism,,,

I Do remember how the jury ruled... And you attempting to point out facts, which may have been overlooked, that the jury has not considered. Anyhow, my point wasn't to introduce a "red herring" into the debate... I guess all im saying is, it doesn't always take concrete evidence to win a court case. And it costs money to fight allegations, no matter how truthful. Especially when the crime is largely base on assumption of thought. Also,I have seen affirmative action actually work against its original purpose on several occasions.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 10/28/13 01:05 PM

Funny... I see racism against blacks, and racism against whites. Sexism against men, and sexism against women. The only policy that can be put forth is the requirement that one cannot favor a particular sex/or race, over the other (which is supposedly a law in place). Even this is tough to uphold, as they are mostly based on assumptions. Micromanaging these situations likely result in the reverse effect. A white man and black woman apply for the same job, and have the same credentials. Employer decides to flip a coin and the white man gets a job. Looks like racism, but it's not.

In fact most people i know would hire the black woman for fear of lawsuits. Wouldn't that be racism as well?

and ignorance, as you cant be sued so long as you hire someone who is qualified,,,and there is no EVIDENCE of discrimination against any groups in your hiring

You can be brought to court,which costs money, right? Whether or not you are found guilty...

you can, and it also costs money to the one bringing it to court, especially if they end up not being able to PROVE IT,,,

I don't think that's a priority to most people trying to make an income

I Suppose it depends on the jury... One can bring a case based on emotion. And emotion can win a jury... Remember some of the claims about the Zimmerman/Travon case?

You, yourself have even been quoted saying about our current president; if one disapproves our current president while supporting another with the same policy, then racism is a logical assumption. Yet, one big difference between our president and the predecessors to him is not just race, but political party....

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 10/28/13 12:34 PM

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 10/28/13 09:31 AM

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25