Community > Posts By > Bastet127

Bastet127's photo
Tue 07/13/21 07:19 PM
I hope you got a great big carrot/banana cake for your birthday!! xxx

Bastet127's photo
Tue 07/13/21 04:39 AM
My favorite cake is a Hawaiian Wedding cake and my favorite
dessert is double stuffed Oreo’s and a tall glass of milk :)

Bastet127's photo
Sun 07/11/21 07:37 PM
I’m not here to judge others and their situations. Merely wanted to correct
the OP that it’s not just for women, but families; it’s not to help joblessness,
you must file income taxes; it’s not a handout, it’s an early distribution of a
credit working people with children would be getting anyway at income tax time.

Additionally, any posters who have children, and filed taxes, most likely
received the CTC at some point.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 07/11/21 07:30 PM
Not even on my radar to visit there.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 07/11/21 12:33 PM

If you need help with supporting your children don't expect
the government to keep helping. Get employment support your own
family.

The only way you can get the child care tax credit is by being employed
and filing taxes. Anyone with children under 17, starting in 1998, have
been able to take the credit on their taxes. If you are are informed, how
do you not know this?

Not everything it's all about !

It's additional government Hand out.

I know a financial advisor, who advised families about this CREDIT.

Evidently, you're not up on the Biden administration in Office now.lol

Marc Rubio and Ivanka Trump led efforts to continue the child tax credit in 2018 and increasing it from $1k to 2k. It was reported The CTC is believed to have lifted about 3 million children out of poverty in 2016.

How this is a bad thing is beyond me.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 07/11/21 05:35 AM

If you need help with supporting your children don't expect
the government to keep helping. Get employment support your own
family.

The only way you can get the child care tax credit is by being employed
and filing taxes. Anyone with children under 17, starting in 1998, have
been able to take the credit on their taxes. If you are are informed, how
do you not know this?

Bastet127's photo
Sat 07/10/21 08:35 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Sat 07/10/21 08:36 PM

It’s for families making 400K joint/ 200k single who file and receive the
child tax credit. It is written that families receive at least 1/2 of the credit
July 2021- Dec 2021 in payments, the remainder will be in the form of
a credit on taxes. This isn’t anything new, other than the early payments.

It's New!!

It's additional!

Nothing hipocritical about the topic.

No, it’s not new or additional. Do some research.

Bastet127's photo
Sat 07/10/21 06:26 AM

child tax credit. It is written that families receive at least 1/2 of the credit

People making up to $75k single or $150k joint will get the full amount. After that it will be reduced down according to how much you make. The child tax credit used to be $1000 per child under 17 with income restrictions, a few years ago they upped that to $2000 per child, now for this year (has not been approved beyond that yet) children under 6 will get a $3600 tax credit and age 6 to 16 will get $3000 tax credit. Half of this will be handed out in monthly payments unless people opt out and take it in a lump sum with their tax returns. The issue is similar to the tax cuts Trump made where people had less taxes taken out each pay period, when it got to tax return time people where shocked that their tax return went down or that they owed money. They had actually gotten more money but unknowingly spent that money each month. It is a crazy amount of money for the government to be handing out, somebody has to pay for it at some point and time. $2000 works out to about $5 a day, enough to feed a child if done right. It already cost about $150k to send a child to school kindergarten thru 12th grade. Then the parents can also file head of house hold and write off the children as dependents lowering the amount of tax they pay in. So by the time a child is 18 the government may have lost $300,000 plus per child. How long would it take someone to pay that money back in taxes plus all the other things the government spends money on? Most of the time I would guess they would never recover all that money prior to start to pay out the social security for those children who would retire before paying off all the expenses the government shelled out for them. The only thing that has saved us in the past is inflation. What used to cost a $1 is now $4.50 so the amount paid years earlier is not as much relative to today. The sad thing the US has taken on so much debt, and continues to take on more debit. While in the global market the dollar is losing value because the US is buying more from others then they sell to others. People no longer have pride in what they do for a living, or a work ethic, it has become give me, give me, give me. Debit can be a good thing if done right, however the reckless spending by the government will catch up. Many people have trouble making ends meet because of the amount of taxes they pay. Then there are the hidden taxes we pay. When a corporation pays tax it's the customers that actually pay that tax. There are also many hidden sales taxes. The government is just not good with money.

I totally agree that the government is bad at spending money, amongst other things. But, anyone with children most likely took the child tax credit so I found the OP a bit hypocritical.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 07/09/21 06:22 PM

Bastet127's photo
Wed 07/07/21 09:07 AM
I was friends with a swinging couple and they were very into the lifestyle, they both even had “lovers” they would see from time to time. Eventually though it led to hurt feelings, jealousy and insecurities in their marriage.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 07/07/21 04:40 AM
It could be your picture, I thought you were a priest. But, regardless of that
how can you tell nervous and evasive, but not sense they aren’t interested?

Bastet127's photo
Tue 07/06/21 06:39 AM
Morning girl! Traditional Japanese haiku is 17 syllables, 5/7/5 or 7/5/7, deviations
in syllables is senryu. But, as we know, beauty knows no syllables.

sun meets horizon
a red bird sweetly singing
sitting on my sill

Bastet127's photo
Wed 06/23/21 04:46 AM

It had a certain charm, and photo development centres became faster and faster. At some point in Indonesia you have centres that did it in 20 mins or 30 mins. You could just nose in some shops while waiting.

But the having to be careful to not waste precious film... that's what I love about digital. You can take a hundred photos and dump them all and it doesn't cost anything.
Plus... no one else ever has the chance to see your photos.

So for me absolutely digital!

Speaking of someone else seeing your photos — there’s a funny episode of a show
where a couple picks up their pictures only to find out they were given the pictures
of another couple and they relalize how boring their life is. It’s hilarious as they try
to be that couple. lol

Bastet127's photo
Wed 06/23/21 04:23 AM
There’s definitely nostalgia in the days of dropping your film off and axiously
awaiting the pictures. It was like reliving the experience. But, I do think I prefer
the instant gratification of digital. :)

Bastet127's photo
Sun 06/20/21 07:07 AM

I’ve always been a blondey, but I always wanted to try red. So about two years ago
I went strawberry blonde. Every time I looked in the mirror I was like “who is that?” LOL
I could not get used to it, so back to blonde I went.

I really like Nicole Kidman's hair colour. Is that strawberry blond? I made my own color by mixing a few hair dyes and came up with a nice strawberry blond. I looked a bit like a lion lol, was fun.

I think Nicole Kidman’s hair is, or has been, strawberry blonde. I don’t think it’s defined
as one specific color, it can vary from person to person. So anything that’s not red, red,
is considered strawberry lol. And rawrrr lioness :)

Bastet127's photo
Sat 06/19/21 05:33 AM
I’ve always been a blondey, but I always wanted to try red. So about two years ago
I went strawberry blonde. Every time I looked in the mirror I was like “who is that?” LOL
I could not get used to it, so back to blonde I went.

Bastet127's photo
Sat 06/12/21 07:39 AM
A beautiful mind is a sexy thing.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 06/10/21 06:51 PM
Hands down the most intense action thriller movie I’ve seen is Mad Max - Fury Road
with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron. Not sure if it’s your type of movie, but wow, I
thought it was great and really loved the story line.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 05/13/21 04:43 AM
Happy Birthday, Crystal! Enjoy your family and eat lots of cake! flowerforyou

Bastet127's photo
Tue 05/11/21 06:39 PM

Now therefore, while the youthful hue
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
And while thy willing soul transpires
At every pore with instant fires,
Now let us sport us while we may,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,

Andrew Marvell - 1621-1678

Eloquent pickup lines from the 17th century :)
Quite charming.

So a boat could rock my boat, a guy living on a houseboat, that would be pretty wild.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25