Community > Posts By > Bastet127

Bastet127's photo
Sun 03/21/21 07:59 AM
If you’re behaving in a way that you wouldn’t tell your significant other about,
I’d say it’s not OK, regardless of what you call it.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 03/21/21 07:49 AM

My apologies for not reading this entire thread. Perhaps it's been discussed, but I'm curious how the democrats reading this, especially the women, feel about their "sister" in the White House, Kamala Harris, remaining COMPLETELY SILENT on the fact that 7 women have now come forward to say they were sexually harassed by Gov. Cuomo.

NOT ONE WORD. So much for her "believe all women" garbage she shouted all over the press when Justice Kavanaugh was being accused by just one lying piece of **** from 30 years earlier.

Number 8 as of today! The latest accusation comes from an aid still working for Cuomo . She witnessed the Governor groping another aid that has already come forward with her accusations. There are a few Democrats asking for his resignation. I don’t blame the Governor for not resigning, innocent until proven guilty. It’s called Due Process Maybe a better idea would be to do like police depts. do when an officer is involved in a shooting. A leave of absence until after a investigation or trial. I think he is guilty as hell on both scandals surrounding him. I wish the Democrats would have had this attitude during the Kavanaugh confirmation. Fairness is something the Democrats canceled years ago.

Hey Bart, I’m confused by your “I wish the Democrats would have had this attitude during
the Kavanaugh confirmation.” What attitude are you referring to?

Bastet127's photo
Sat 03/20/21 04:38 AM
Edited by Bastet127 on Sat 03/20/21 04:50 AM

From USA Today another of Biden's accomplishments:
"Biden White House says 5 staffers no longer employed because of marijuana use policy"

"White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Friday that five staffers no longer work for the president because of past marijuana use despite updated guidelines that past use wouldn’t automatically disqualify staff from serving in the White House."

Does this mean that Kamala Harris' admitted history of marijuana use disqualify her and should she be fired too???????

If they would just legalize it at the fed level, this could all be avoided. Biden’s admin had
loosened restrictions on past marijuana use because they were having difficulties filling positions
among younger candidates lol. I think if congress all lit up, they might get more done. :)

Forgot to answer the question! Harris must have fallen into the waiver for past use
category with the other 100 who didn’t lose their jobs. Those 5 must have had other
disqualifying factors, although that has not been disclosed, yet.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 03/14/21 07:04 AM
Sounds more like a pickup line, but I might be able to overlook it
if his mars landing was exceptional.

Bastet127's photo
Sat 03/13/21 07:03 AM

For the original post, Freddie Mercury certainly has, what I consider, the most technical voice. He’s great. But I do prefer a voice like Vedders, so suitable to their music.

Thank you for not mentioning Cobain, so overrated.

But, my ultimate favorite rock voice is Chris Cornell. r.i.p.

Chris Cornell :thumbsup:
While we're throwing dead people in there.... Scott Weiland not too shabby either

Agreed. Now I feel compelled to add Lane Staley.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 03/11/21 03:56 PM
For the original post, Freddie Mercury certainly has, what I consider, the most technical voice. He’s great. But I do prefer a voice like Vedders, so suitable to their music.

Thank you for not mentioning Cobain, so overrated.

But, my ultimate favorite rock voice is Chris Cornell. r.i.p.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 03/11/21 04:23 AM
Edited by Bastet127 on Thu 03/11/21 05:01 AM

With some people you can tell their guilty just by the way carry themselves

The definition of cancel culture.

and p.s. I’m not a fan of cuomo.

The definition of cancel culture is doing away with something that someone doesn’t believe in . What I did was make a educated guess from witnessing the lies he told and the many times he put the blame on everyone but him when he is responsible for his own inept leadership.

You’re entire statement, regardless of who, is what cancel culture is all about.

Call it what ever you want. It’s an opinion, something some people have a hard time accepting without putting a label on it. I’m not canceling anyone, I want him to stick around and face the consequences that should be coming his way. So aim your insinuations towards the liberal elites that want to erase our founding fathers and traditional American values from history.

Do you not see the hiprocrisy in your words here? You label everything you don’t believe in when
others give their opinion. And to say you can tell if someone is guilty by the way they carry themselves?
For the most part, no thank you, that’s just a complete disregard for our judicial system, and
exactly what cancel culture is. Opinion, yes, but it’s what cancel culture is built on. And America
does have a history, and still we evolve. Somethings that were acceptable in the past, even when
it’s history, doesn’t make it American values, like racism and slavery, for example. If you consider that an
American value, I really don’t have words.

Because I believe someone is guilty of what they have been accused of is disregard for our judicial system? Wrong again, that is how our judicial system works. Prosecutors believe a suspect IS guilty , defense attorneys think their client ( the suspect) is innocent. That is why we have courts and judges. Here’s another shocker. I thought OJ was guilty. Most people do form an opinion on matters that affect us or what we think is right or wrong. Americas history is far greater than you give credit for. Why do Democrats only point out slavery and racism as American history. How about the fact that we are the most charitable and generous country ever. We fight for other country’s freedom. We get involved in trying to ease tensions of warring nations. America does more than any other country to keep this big ole world spinning smoothly.... getting back to the subject of this thread . I do think Cuomo is guilty of killing 15,000+ New Yorkers ( I may be wrong) I believe he is guilty of what these women say he did. Weather it’s really an assault or not. ( times have changed and people are much more intolerant of what was once fairly normal behavior) . He should follow his own beliefs he had when he formed his opinion on Cavanagh. Such a hypocrite.

Can you share with me what American history these liberals are trying to cancel? It has nothing to do with our strength as a nation. You choose to see what you want as does the liberal side. I’m just trying to point out you’re no different.

George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Jefferson, ...our tradition of taking in immigrants the legal way. ...conservative speech ... law and order, books, tv shows, children’s toys as in mr. taterhead. I can keep going if you want. Maybe others can add to this list. It has everything to do with our strength. Ever heard the phrase “ A house divided against itself can not stand” when a certain group of people try to erase another’s existence than they are dividing the nation and therefore weakening our society our economy and our Democracy.

Not Mr. taterhead LOL. We evolve, sometimes you have to think beyond the things you may
hold dear that other’s may not. I don’t see any of those things weakening our society, our economy
or our democracy.

So you believe that someone who holds something dear has to let it go because someone else doesn't hold it dear? You see that as evolving? Why can't these people who don't hold something dear just ignore what they don't like? Why does it need to be removed from society?
Do you believe that someone playing with Mr Potato Head is somehow harming society? You seem to think that it's silly to object to the cancelling
something like that but if something as NON THREATENING as a toy can be cancelled because some people don't like it is in fact a threat to democracy. Just because it may NOT affect you doesn't mean it's NOT a threat to democracy. It's authoritarian and totalitarian regimes that CONTROL what EVERYONE can enjoy.....including toys.
Warner Bros. has cancelled Pepé Le Pew in the wake of New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow slamming that the cartoon character “added to rape culture”. Charles Blow is insulting the intelligence of people if he thinks that a cartoon character has "added to rape culture" and Warner Bros. is showing itself to be a corporate coward. Even Whoopi Goldberg ripped the "cancel culture" targeting Pepé Le Pew.
These things may be unimportant or insignificant to you and I (I don't play with Mr Potato Head or watch cartoons)....but they are important and significant to "others" and in a democracy those "others" can enjoy something as long as it doesn't hurt us.

I’m not in any way a fan of cancel culture, the point of my original post was pointing out
hypocrisy.

Actually you brought up cancel culture then jumped to hypocrisy.

Not sure either of these relate to Cuomo or the initial topic... your defense is stretching the context for some sort of justification.

Just because you like Cuomo does not mean you have to support him through sexual misconduct unless you support sexual misconduct in which case... "I really don't have words."

Apologies for taking the topic off course, but, I never said I supported Cuomo or cancel culture. What I pointed out was the comment to the affect of knowing someone is guilty by the way they carry themselves being a large premise of cancel culture, and thus, the hypocrisy for those so against cancel culture. People don’t practice what they preach all the time. While I’m not supporting Cuomo, I do see the hypocrisy with those that support trump, all the while having a boat load of sexual misconduct allegations himself. But, then again, I’m sure they think it’s all about the money for those nasty women.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 03/11/21 04:22 AM

It’s not on my list of things that annoy me. But, I do think the reveal parties have
gone too far lol.

Reveal party? I had not heard of that yet!

They happen all the time here, the couple has family and friends gather
and they find some creative way to let them know the baby’s gender. In
several instances, the “creative” way led to injuries of those in attendance.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 03/11/21 04:08 AM

Isn't it good how we are all different?!
I would want a new ring. Not one that was already mine or his (heirloom). I'd want it to be something he and I choose.
My dad married his second wife with the same ring he'd married my mom, and I guess she used her first ring as well. I'd never do that either.
No old lingering energies, nor what someone else chose in the past.

Not sure if I'd want a diamond. I never cared for diamonds.
I have had a gorgeous golden engagement ring in the past with a delicate design all the way round in the gold. It actually looked like it had tiny diamonds all around it.
When I sold all the golden wedding / engagement rings even the gold buyer had to look twice as he thought there were diamonds in it, hihi.
That ring was quite expensive too. Not like a diamond ring of course, but still. The price was in that design. It didn't reflect in what I got when I sold it. Just the gold price. Very disappointing how little you get for that.

When I married I chose a simple smooth golden band.

It’s fascinating, the things that make us all so unique. The idea of a man remarrying and using the same ring is appalling!!! No, no, never! As far as myself using an heirloom, I meant, perhaps a jewel out of it as part of another ring or something, Never the entire ring itself. I’d love to have that connection with my mother.

I hope you didn't take what I wrote as judgement, wasn't meant that way!
It just made me think how I'd feel about that.
flowerforyou :heart:

I didn’t take it that way at all! I think your posts are always thoughtful and show a deep understanding of self. You always make me think flowerforyou

Bastet127's photo
Thu 03/11/21 04:02 AM
Edited by Bastet127 on Thu 03/11/21 04:16 AM

The definition of cancel culture is doing away with something that someone doesn’t believe in . What I did was make a educated guess from witnessing the lies he told and the many times he put the blame on everyone but him when he is responsible for his own inept leadership.

You’re entire statement, regardless of who, is what cancel culture is all about.

Call it what ever you want. It’s an opinion, something some people have a hard time accepting without putting a label on it. I’m not canceling anyone, I want him to stick around and face the consequences that should be coming his way. So aim your insinuations towards the liberal elites that want to erase our founding fathers and traditional American values from history.

Do you not see the hiprocrisy in your words here? You label everything you don’t believe in when
others give their opinion. And to say you can tell if someone is guilty by the way they carry themselves?
For the most part, no thank you, that’s just a complete disregard for our judicial system, and
exactly what cancel culture is. Opinion, yes, but it’s what cancel culture is built on. And America
does have a history, and still we evolve. Somethings that were acceptable in the past, even when
it’s history, doesn’t make it American values, like racism and slavery, for example. If you consider that an

Because I believe someone is guilty of what they have been accused of is disregard for our judicial system? Wrong again, that is how our judicial system works. Prosecutors believe a suspect IS guilty , defense attorneys think their client ( the suspect) is innocent. That is why we have courts and judges. Here’s another shocker. I thought OJ was guilty. Most people do form an opinion on matters that affect us or what we think is right or wrong. Americas history is far greater than you give credit for. Why do Democrats only point out slavery and racism as American history. How about the fact that we are the most charitable and generous country ever. We fight for other country’s freedom. We get involved in trying to ease tensions of warring nations. America does more than any other country to keep this big ole world spinning smoothly.... getting back to the subject of this thread . I do think Cuomo is guilty of killing 15,000+ New Yorkers ( I may be wrong) I believe he is guilty of what these women say he did. Weather it’s really an assault or not. ( times have changed and people are much more intolerant of what was once fairly normal behavior) . He should follow his own beliefs he had when he formed his opinion on Cavanagh. Such a hypocrite.

Can you share with me what American history these liberals are trying to cancel? It has nothing to do with our strength as a nation. You choose to see what you want as does the liberal side. I’m just trying to point out you’re no different.

George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Jefferson, ...our tradition of taking in immigrants the legal way. ...conservative speech ... law and order, books, tv shows, children’s toys as in mr. taterhead. I can keep going if you want. Maybe others can add to this list. It has everything to do with our strength. Ever heard the phrase “ A house divided against itself can not stand” when a certain group of people try to erase another’s existence than they are dividing the nation and therefore weakening our society our economy and our Democracy.

Not Mr. taterhead LOL. We evolve, sometimes you have to think beyond the things you may
hold dear that other’s may not. I don’t see any of those things weakening our society, our economy
or our democracy.

So you believe that someone who holds something dear has to let it go because someone else doesn't hold it dear? You see that as evolving? Why can't these people who don't hold something dear just ignore what they don't like? Why does it need to be removed from society?
Do you believe that someone playing with Mr Potato Head is somehow harming society? You seem to think that it's silly to object to the cancelling
something like that but if something as NON THREATENING as a toy can be cancelled because some people don't like it is in fact a threat to democracy. Just because it may NOT affect you doesn't mean it's NOT a threat to democracy. It's authoritarian and totalitarian regimes that CONTROL what EVERYONE can enjoy.....including toys.
Warner Bros. has cancelled Pepé Le Pew in the wake of New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow slamming that the cartoon character “added to rape culture”. Charles Blow is insulting the intelligence of people if he thinks that a cartoon character has "added to rape culture" and Warner Bros. is showing itself to be a corporate coward. Even Whoopi Goldberg ripped the "cancel culture" targeting Pepé Le Pew.
These things may be unimportant or insignificant to you and I (I don't play with Mr Potato Head or watch cartoons)....but they are important and significant to "others" and in a democracy those "others" can enjoy something as long as it doesn't hurt us.

I’m not in any way a fan of cancel culture, the point of my original post was pointing out
hypocrisy. I do, however, try to understand where other people are coming from. While
Mr. taterhead is an extreme example that I find ridiculous, some of the statues of our past
may represent someone whose values were offensive in a society trying to overcome
racism. Everything in our historic past was not always a good thing.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 06:04 PM
It’s not on my list of things that annoy me. But, I do think the reveal parties have
gone too far lol.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 05:55 PM

Isn't it good how we are all different?!
I would want a new ring. Not one that was already mine or his (heirloom). I'd want it to be something he and I choose.
My dad married his second wife with the same ring he'd married my mom, and I guess she used her first ring as well. I'd never do that either.
No old lingering energies, nor what someone else chose in the past.

Not sure if I'd want a diamond. I never cared for diamonds.
I have had a gorgeous golden engagement ring in the past with a delicate design all the way round in the gold. It actually looked like it had tiny diamonds all around it.
When I sold all the golden wedding / engagement rings even the gold buyer had to look twice as he thought there were diamonds in it, hihi.
That ring was quite expensive too. Not like a diamond ring of course, but still. The price was in that design. It didn't reflect in what I got when I sold it. Just the gold price. Very disappointing how little you get for that.

When I married I chose a simple smooth golden band.

It’s fascinating, the things that make us all so unique. The idea of a man remarrying and using the same ring is appalling!!! No, no, never! As far as myself using an heirloom, I meant, perhaps a jewel out of it as part of another ring or something, Never the entire ring itself. I’d love to have that connection with my mother.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 05:50 PM

or our democracy.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 03:51 PM

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 05:17 AM
Always a fan :heart:

I don’t think the globe could foresee the internet, it crosses oceans we
can only dream of crossing sometimes. flowerforyou

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 05:10 AM
Don’t just run out to the diamond store and buy me one. That doesn’t carry
much thought to me. Someone that truly knows me would have one carved
from a tree we like to sit under, or made from an heirloom of my mother’s,
something that let’s me know you not only love me, but you know me well.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/10/21 04:36 AM
Edited by Bastet127 on Wed 03/10/21 04:56 AM

Call it

what ever you want. It’s an opinion, something some people have a hard time accepting without putting a label on it. I’m not canceling anyone, I want him to stick around and face the consequences that should be coming his way. So aim your insinuations towards the liberal elites that want to erase our founding fathers and traditional American values from history.

Who brought up the label, Cancel Culture???

Expressing an opinion is not labeling.

Saying someone is guilty by the way they carry themselves may be silly but it is not Cancel Culture!!!!!!

An expression of opinion does not disregard due process.

We probably have more book on Hitler in this country than we do on George Washington. Does this make us Nazis???

No matter how many exclamation marks you use, it doesn’t change the hypocrisy in
the post.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/09/21 07:59 PM

Bastet127's photo
Sun 03/07/21 08:39 AM

Bastet127's photo
Sun 03/07/21 04:59 AM

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25