Community > Posts By > teadipper

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 01:38 PM

Wow. I've read all of the pages of this thread, and you've remained consistent throughout. Not once have you slacked/gave up. I understand that it's also important, because of bowel function. The more you eat, the more constipated you can get. It's not always easy, but gradual is a good way to wean yourself off the bad foods. You even took the brave step to have surgery. So I reckon you are taking it seriously. Good for you. At least you acknowledge it. flowerforyou You didn't complain. You just got on with it. Again, very admirable ;)

I had the same surgery and Penny is a trooper for sure. I had girls in my post op support group who totally pushed the limits. One was eating M&Ms. Another was drinking vodka. I had a very hard time of it. At first my stomach was only one ounce big and I would be dying of thirst and want to chug water but couldn't. I have gained back a lot of my weight (most eventually gain back approx. 50%). I don't think Penny will gain it back though. She is so determined. Constipation is not the problem. Diarrhea is. If you eat the slightest bit of sugar or too much carbs, you go into what is called "dumping" syndrome. It's awful

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 01:32 PM

HOW DO I DEACTIVATE (DELETE) MY ACCOUNT?
You would go here to deactivate your profile:
http://mingle2.com/user/show_settings

You may want to go here first, to stop emails:
http://mingle2.com/inbox/mail_settings

And to: http://mingle2.com/user/edit_photos
to remove your photos (optional..you may want
to leave them in case you return :-)

Deactivating will remove your profile. Even sites where you can delete the account, the information stays in the system. The reason we offer deactivating is to allow members to come back, if they wish, instead of creating a new account.

Kim
Site Moderator

I like it better because it discourages people from "reinventing themselves". Yes they can still do it with different info but it does cut down a lot I think.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 12:02 PM

I was on the pill when I had my first clot at 37. I'd also been exposed to a lot of secondhand smoke during that timeframe, and then pulled (and probably micro-tore) a muscle in my right calf. Got a DVT there as a result, though it didn't migrate as I was treated in time.

Got off the pill, spent six months on warfarin, felt kind of crummy but didn't make the connection at the time between that and the warfarin. Was taken off warfarin and went about my business.

Injured my left knee several years later and spent time in physical therapy for it. Was still rehabbing the knee when I broke my right ankle, and found walking on crutches difficult because my knee didn't want to cooperate fully so I wound up in a wheelchair for several weeks. Between the broken bone (which can potentially cause a clot in anyone) and being wheelchair-bound (ditto), I developed a DVT in my right thigh. This time I was tested for abnormal clotting factors and they discovered the FVL. I spent another five months on warfarin, but this time I felt so damn lousy that I started looking up why. Turned out that I was experiencing a whole slate of side-effects from the medication, and I went to my doc and told him I wasn't willing to take it anymore. Interestingly enough, it didn't seem to even be doing what it was supposed to all that well anyway as they could never get my prothrombin time up where they wanted it no matter how high they raised my dose, so keeping me on it would've been something of an exercise in futility.

I keep tabs on my diet instead, balance my intake of anti-clotting foods and supplements to offset my intake of foods containing Vitamin K (I love spinach, for example, but it has a ton of K so I have to offset that with capsaicin and garlic, which I fortunately also love) and thus far I'm doing fine. I take grapeseed and horse chestnut, both of which seem to have really helped with things like swelling in the right leg -- I rarely have to wear a pressure stocking now. And I'm careful to avoid sitting still for long periods, etc.

We are opposites. I wear a pressure stocking on my left calf. I love love love to sit on my legs which is HORRIBLE for people prone to clots so I have to really watch that. I have done it all my life and I don't realize I am doing it until my foot goes numb. My left ankle is so much bigger than my right from the vein damage that I cannot even buckle a strappy sandal on that ankle. It is that much more swollen.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:59 AM
It's not the clearest picture and I would lighten it a little bit in photo shop to make it easier to view on all screens. The contrast right now is not so great. I would add more photos. It says nothing. I would put more of a description of what exactly you want and like.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:31 AM

it's not what I did...it's what I didn't do.

so it was all my fault when I didn't......

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:28 AM
I would have gone to that last therapy session after I filed for divorce to see if he was willing to work it out after he knew I was serious.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:24 AM
Here that Leigh. Make sure you burn his Capt Crunch in the frying pan.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:05 AM

My ex was a good cook and was good at buying crap loads of purses. Seriously...we had a closet just for her purses. Lol.

Hey good cook is a nice compliment.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:03 AM

He never calls in sick to his crappy job.

That is awesome actually. A lot of people would like to be appreciated for that.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:00 AM
No one said EVERYTHING was your fault. It was just admitting YOUR NEGATIVE CONTRIBUTION to something. The title was meant to make an impact. So many of these titles like "Where are the good men/women"? get a reaction. I wanted people to own up to their part. (when I say your I am not speaking to one particular person)

You will notice I purposely did not mention what my ex did which is why we divorced not because of what I did. That would defeat the purpose of the thread.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:36 AM

teadipper,

I agree with journeyman236, not bad. In fact, I enjoy the fact that you know how and where to break lines and drop down - in your work. Well done, tea. Good, healthy job!

Be well, Princess. Stay free and strong. smokin I am here,

tommy boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4eIbwUgHJE

===

Awesome. Love a guy who can read to me curled up on the couch under a blanket.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:31 AM

My marriage ended not because anyone did anything "wrong" but because we just turned out not to be fully compatible for the long haul. There was too much of a mismatch in our styles of dealing with things like stress and adversity, and a huge difference in our approach to communication.

Sometimes a relationship doesn't work out just because it doesn't work out.

That is not what we are talking about. We are talking about when have you been at fault in a relationship. At some point, we all have contributed to a break up.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:29 AM
Dudes love puzzies too. LOL. I mean the feline kind.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:28 AM

I think divorce shows that they were able to take the risk of marriage,,,,the divorce isnt the good thing, but the effort is

Divorce shows they were not able to stay married for whatever reason. That isn't necessarily a good thing. It doesn't prove anything about effort.

Well... same with women, I think. Heck, I'm divorced, and I made the effort. So to me, being divorced means a person was once married, and that tells me they at least MADE a commitment at some point in their lives.

Not to say those who were never married didn't commit or can't commit, of course.

Some people get married for the right reasons and some for the wrong.

Some people get divorced for the right reasons and some for the wrong.

There is no blanket statement.

It takes courage to commit yourself to someone. It also takes courage to walk away when it goes bad. Staying in a toxic situation because it is known is not courageous. It's just lazy and leads to bad things. When I divorced my husband, i was told I was a fool for walking away from an easy life and money. I said that staying married for money was as dumb as marrying for money in the first place. I married him because I loved him. He was broke when I met him. Part of the reason we are still friends is because I knew him when he was nothing.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:09 AM
I find that no one can complete you. You have to complete yourself. You cannot live to make others happy. You have to make decisions that make you happy. I find that if you want to attract the right kind of people, even just as friends, you need to take care of yourself and your needs first.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:06 AM
I have met many retired older guys who are NOW looking to start a family after a life time of throwing themselves into working and living "the good bachelor life". They see me as a last ditch effort to have kids. I can't have kids but I have had some say they would not mind adopting if I would raise them for them. They have sent me pictures of their beautiful houses and told me they would take care of me, etc. I am just not interested.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:00 AM

Okay Krupa brought up a good point. We are all part of our failed relationships because we are in them.

Okay, confession time. WHAT did you do wrong to end your significant relationship i.e. marriage or over 5 years in length?

My biggest bad thing I did was I made unilateral decisions ALL THE TIME. A unilateral decision in therapy is a decision that you make by yourself that seriously affects the other person and you really should have sought their consent.

I spent money. I brought home pets. I got rid of things. I moved things. I assumed he would help people with their computers. I assumed he would want to help at my charity job.

I really cant take responsibility to the infidelity, I truly believe that was a cultural thing based in the high acceptance and encouragement he found amongst his peers for that behavior

however, I take responsibility for shutting off,, closing off myself to any possibility but leaving because I felt that was 'who I was',,,,,, I wasnt that woman who stuck in an unfaithful relationship

I regret not working harder to see if I could be that woman who WORKED THROUGH The infidelities with my spouse to make a stronger relationship,,,,,it may or may not have worked, but I could have done more before giving up....

Thank you very much for being brave and sharing. I know not everyone would count is as your fault but what matter is what you wish you did differently. I guess that someone who does not know you have children might not understand.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 09:59 AM

I was going to answer this and then changed my mind. I agree that we all have foibles and need to own our behaviors and mistakes. but I see no point in constantly rehashing them either.

I just posted this because I believe if we see ourselves say it, it's a formal acknowledgment and helps us grow past it. Nah, I am no therapist. But I just thought Krupa was right. We blame and blame and blame other people. The other sex as a whole. Entire age brackets of the opposite sex. Etc. etc. Rarely to we say "I F'ed up TOO".

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 09:55 AM

life is a ***** you should not care about your weight and just eat till your heart is content!
At 400+ My Weitbt And Eating Habits Interfeared With My Quality Of Life So I Decided To Change That A Year Later I Have Lost Judt Over 100 Pounds I Am Much Healthier And Happief And Have No Regrets About My Choice To Change.

Aw don't even acknowledge him Penny. You will be fit and healthy and he will be dead with that attitude. That is like my ex friend who drinks Natural Light, smokes menthols and the only calories she really gets is from Dr. Pepper and Dreyer's Ice Cream. Ya she is thin. But ya she looks like absolute carp. No muscle tone. Carpy malnourished skin. I used to work with AIDS patients and that's what she looks like to me. Someone who is dying. Boney with a bloated belly.

teadipper's photo
Sun 06/23/13 09:46 AM

Ladies an honest appraisal please. More about myself or is there enough to be getting on with? It has been said we eat with our eyes so maybe the pics are enough as a starting point. Anyway your input would be greatly appreciated.

They will move you to "rate my profile" and no, your profile does not contain enough. As far as eating with your eyes, two pics is hardly a meal.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25