Community > Posts By > Benzy940

Benzy940's photo
Mon 04/28/08 09:31 AM

Wow! this is fantastic! New degrees and a new take on life! One thing though...seems I'm one of the few males posting on this thread??? Ah well, just means I get some great company on here!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Keep it going folks, it's keeping me motivated through the up coming finals!

Another quick question, how many of you all are setting the grade curves in your classes? :wink:

In Grad school u have to maintain a B average or they will place u on academic probation and then kick ya out, A GPA carries more weight in undergrad.

So prepare urself when u go and understand it a lot of writing papers 15-30 pages long with alot of research and references.......WHEW !!! just thinking about it made me take a deep breath

What ever you do, do it to ur best and enjoy it as much as possible ....Good Luck on ur finals.

Benzy940's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:43 PM

The problem is you can't fix stupid.....sick

I can assure you, stupid is not a word that could ever be used to describe me. Then again, I guess "stupid", "ignorant" and those types of general adjectives have been being applied to people who refused to cow tow to popular opinion through out history, including most every man/woman of innovation or great genius who ever lived.

Damn I knew his opinion ran deeper than just her question........."I stopped caring who's toes I walked on somewhere around kindergarten."

Please go seek out some help to help you work through your issues....

I knew I was typing to slow.....I

Benzy940's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:34 PM

Weight gain is not always about eating twinkies. There are metabolism issues, hereditary, medications, physical problems.grumble

And excuses.....the morbid obesity of this planet is caused by fast food and a sedentary lifestyle, not "hereditary issues".

Before fast food and computers, the United States had an obesity rate in the single digits, now we are looking at around 40% or more of the adult population. This is not explained by "steroids","metabolism". "thyroid problems" or any other garbage that is being pushed by popular media to blame everything and anything outside of the person pulling up to the McDonalds window every day like clockwork.

I just went to a lazer tag match the other night, where I was the oldest one, the general age being about 15-20, and there were less then 10 people out of 70 that could be considered of healthy weight. I watched kids drink soda after soda after soda.

What makes it even worse is that people get that way, and then dont want to do anything that might require work to fix it. Its always a pill, a magic shake, some stupid $500 a month magic diet, gastric bypass, etc etc.

If anyone has ever watched "Biggest Loser", to lose weight, it just takes a little determination and dedication, and the weight will go. I have no respect for someone who takes the easy way out of anything. If they wont dedicate an hour a day to the gym, and 30 minutes to prepare a healthy meal, I want no part of that relationship. Id be too worried that a problem would develop, and theyd go for the quick fix of walking out.

It is truly sad how very closed minded you are, I would hate to hear your precious opinion on any other important issues.

It is imperative that u understand she needed help and she reached out and received it. It has very little bearing on her eating habits or the quality of her character. As someone stated earlier there are many addictions and food happens to be right up there with gambling, drugs etc.

Being overweight does not make a person less than or weak individuals and she could be a very active individual and exercise daily and still have extra pounds, your synopsis of overweight people is ridiculous and offensive.....

Did something happen to you in your childhood and adolescence, maybe even your adult life cause ya seem quite bitter.

Have a drinker and a smokin and a flowerforyou and chill.

Benzy940's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:12 PM

Thanks Cutie,

I went back in 06' and at times it seemed as if the end was never near , I attended Adelphi University NYC, and you are so right the curriculum is very intense but well worth the time and effort , SWKer's are very underrepresented but society couldn't function with out us.

If you need any pointers :wink: email and we can chat.

Benzy940's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:49 PM

I am also working two jobs and have 2 more semesters and I will have my MSW.

Congrats to everyone....I finish May 10,2008 with my MSW
YAA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Working full time and taking any kind of classes is very intense but well worth the effort. I finished my BA 10 yrs ago and just decided I needed to do the rest, am thinking about furthering with my Ph.D but need a moment to really BREATHE!!

Good luck to all!

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker smokin

Benzy940's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:37 PM
2 hours before......

Benzy940's photo
Sat 04/26/08 05:47 PM
Licked it off....

Benzy940's photo
Sat 04/26/08 05:37 PM
How about training officers to shoot to disarm and not to KILL.

How about not authorizing the use of alcohol even if you are undercover, just don't drink, they are undercover so I'm sure they can ake up fantastic stories to cover why they aren't engaging in the use of alcohol.

How about an admission of guilt by them in regards to excessively shooting all of the gentlemen present during this unfortunate melee.

The NYC police department has long needed a complete and intensive overhaul and it is yet to be done.

I agree that they have a tough job to do and their lives are on the line daily, however, in the cpacity they are in being the only entity allowed to use their guns at what seems like their "discretion", they must be better equipped to deal with a situation such as this.

How many more innocent unarmed citizens do we sacrifice because we thought we heard them say they had a gun, was that statement directed at one of the undercovers did they feel their lives were in jeopardy.

The Judge involvement is quite questionable and should be investigated by an independent party.

And to the Sharpton comment (civil disobedience) ......Sharpton, yes can be very annoying with some of his actions, but he has walked with the greatest of the great so he has earned the right to take on any cause he feel needs to be brought to societies attention.

However, Once again he is not a representation of, nor does he speak for the entire African American Race, we are individuals with independent thought processes and capable of knowing when something is unjust.

Benzy940's photo
Fri 04/25/08 06:09 PM
For those that drive, How about we chose a day to have a "GAS OUT" This will be a day where we agree to not purchase Gas from 12am to 12am.

It could be quite effective in sending an important message to the greedy industry that believes we will keep buying this ridiculously priced Gas despite the Price.

Let's try it and if it's doable let's spread the word

Just a Thought

Benzy940's photo
Fri 04/25/08 04:59 PM

AAALLLLLLL AABBBBOOOAAARRRD !!!

Next Stop is "WELCOME DESTINYVILLE", jump on board and enjoy the fun ride !!!

flowerforyouflowerforyou: flowerforyou

Benzy940's photo
Thu 04/24/08 11:32 AM
Ned,

I think it is a sweet idea the flowers n all, but I thought it was a surprise to u when u get home and she is in your "PAID SPACE".

R U going to buy flowers everyday in hopes that she gets it...

Man up (this from a woman) ask her out and when she shows up in your spot for you guys date, present her with the flowers.

In the meantime hold off on the flowers and try and get to see why she insists on parking in your "PAID SPACE" she may not be worth all of your excitement.

flowerforyou flowerforyou drinker

Benzy940's photo
Wed 04/23/08 07:26 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Benzy940's photo
Wed 04/23/08 07:24 PM

Try not to rush into anything to quick,and remember to thank God for being able to take life one glorious day at a time.

Congrats for getting out of a relationship that didn't help you to flourish and grow and most of all GOOD LUCK!!!!!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Benzy940's photo
Wed 04/23/08 07:15 PM

very suspect... noway

TRUE............. !!!

frown huh

Benzy940's photo
Wed 04/23/08 07:10 PM
flowerforyou

Benzy940's photo
Wed 04/23/08 07:06 PM
grumble grumble grumble grumble :angry: grumble grumble noway noway noway noway noway noway noway grumble flowerforyou flowerforyou

Benzy940's photo
Tue 04/15/08 01:02 PM
What happened to NYC.........grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble
yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

Benzy940's photo
Tue 04/15/08 12:58 PM
Hi Amy and much welcome,
I'm over 4 feet so feel free to talk away and enjoy the site

:smile: :smile: :smile: happy happy drinker drinker

Benzy940's photo
Sun 04/06/08 01:29 PM

Hi Starre,

And believe u r just that a brightly shining star who may have temporarily lost her shine, I say that because ur shine is returning u r making positive steps in the right direction.

Get through the divorce all the while learning a little more about your preferences in your selection of a partner, there are alwasy signs but what u have to be awre of is when and at what point u overlook these signs.

Knowing how to spot the same type of mates will help u in the future. Take some time and focus on getting healthy mentally, emotionally and physically, apply all of your energy to that and most of all love the hell out of your children, and everything will fall into place keep God at the forefront and you will get the strength you need and the relationship you so deserve.

Congrats for taking such deep steps and for sharing your story.

Much Luck....:wink: :wink: :wink: :smile:

Benzy

Benzy940's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:23 PM
Good Luck !!

drinker drinker drinker drinker

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 15 16