Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Wed 07/25/12 03:49 PM
About 10 years ago I did a lot of research on my ancestry. There are records going back 8 generations (to the early 1700's). Almost all English with some Micmac about 150 years ago. Turns out the family legend my brother and I were told about our great-great-great-grandfather was just plain wrong. He lost an arm in the Revolutionary War and still managed to clear the forest for a home and make bricks and guns. His wife was supposedly the first schoolteacher in the local area.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 07/15/12 09:28 PM

Shades of Tom Eagleton.

I'm not feeling the Eagleton connection because.........................

I'm feeling corruption, dangerous liaison(s), and cowardice !!

And to you Reverend Jackson, worshiper of celebrity statuswhoa ...Your son is a PUBLIC official, his responsibility is to the PUBLIC...What medical necessity could preclude a formal statement to his employer, the PUBLIC?...First we are told it's exhaustion, then the effects of battling long term emotionsl issues, and finally a mood disorder...Inconsistent, vague, and timing for his illness nothing short of perfection...I call the possibility of CORRUPTION charges and cowardice as the root cause of Jackson's "illness"....and maybe some drugs and alcohol thrown in for flavor....

Everyone's responsibility is to themselves and their family first. Everything else comes after that.

Your "feeling" is nothing but suspicion, based on what, I can't imagine. Even public officials deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Bravalady's photo
Sat 07/14/12 12:32 AM
I love the way people jump to the worst conclusion immediately. What is it that makes that so cool?

As I said on the other thread, this reminds me of the Tom Eagleton brouhaha. Silly me for thinking we were a little more enlightened these days.

Bravalady's photo
Sat 07/14/12 12:28 AM
Shades of Tom Eagleton.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/27/12 11:24 PM

I wonder if she could sue him for fraud. She may be able to regain some respect. He took vow,s I assume, then had no intention of keeping them.

IF the story is true . . . couldn't she have the marriage annulled?

It sounds more like a 1-minute novel to me.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/27/12 11:21 PM

Sorry I think this was just a vacation thing and you probably want to let it go.

Being on a cruise is kind of off the grid of real life and what we would pick in the day to day so what you saw could be way away from what you would get in a relationship.

That is a pretty substantial age difference and given your situation, as you explain it, kind of sounds like you were a plaything to an emotional vampire. I would not recomend doing it again. She might keep you around for when it serves her needs but unlikely that she really cares about you or she would not have only sort of-kind of kept in touch with someone that attempted intimacy and I am not just talking about sex.

Last, and sorry got to do it, if you were intimate with this person and this is not just a fantasy post go see the doc and make sure this woman did not give you the gift that keeps on giving. Older women who show no more confidence in their ability to find some one peer approriate and throw down with strangers don't impress me as a good risk for being disease free. Since a couple of the common problems don't show up immediately one check up will not make you home free. Be straight with your doc and make sure you nip any vacation disasters in the bud.

And be smarter next time. This doesn't sound like it really turned out to help you make your life feel better. Liveing and learning is not a sucess only journey. Better luck/ Good luck in the future.

Wow, quite a bit of hostility toward the "older woman" there. Emotional vampire, no confidence in her ability, et cetera. Let's allow for the possibility that the woman was sincere at the time and has just changed her mind. In fact, that could have happened to anyone regardless of their age.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/27/12 11:16 PM
Personally, I don't understand what morality has to do with sex between consenting adults.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 06/19/12 09:41 AM
Why is it a triangle with a circle in the middle? (Really, this is a question a customer might ask or at least wonder about.) Do you have a mission statement for your business, and how does your logo express that mission?

I'd be interested to see what this looked like with the name in title caps only rather than all caps.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 06/19/12 09:19 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Tue 06/19/12 09:28 AM
If she's been eating plants and bugs, my hunch is that's what the problem is, especially if she's getting better when she doesn't have access to them. I wouldn't worry too much about the bug spray unless it's being done inside your apartment. I think stress can cause vomiting, too. But definitely check with a vet, or a second vet as it sounds like you're doing. She could possibly have a gastrointestinal problem of some kind. But as long as she keeps eating well and pooping well, I don't think that's so likely.

I'm feeding my old (20 years) cat Fresh Pet, which she absolutely loves, and she seems to digest that really well. It is kind of expensive, but still that only means $4-$5 a week. My other cat has to have Science Diet because he had cystitis twice. He's the one that throws up more, but he tends to throw up the dry food rather than the moist canned.

Bravalady's photo
Sat 06/16/12 10:09 PM
My score was 48%. It was a lot harder than I expected.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/15/12 04:26 PM
D'oh!

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/0607/So-you-think-you-know-Congress-Take-our-quiz/The-People-s-House

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/15/12 03:59 PM
This is a quiz by the Christian Science Monitor. Lots of interesting facts about Congress. What's your score? and don't cheat.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/15/12 02:50 PM

My brother's had grey hairs mixed in with his hair since he was 6, and my aunt went completely grey by the time she was 35, so.... smile and be happy that you're just starting to find the greys!!!

It's very distinguished happy

Yeah, but will it help me get laid??

Wait, did I just say that? oops

I find it's not so much the grey in the hair as the jowls on the chin that turn people off. Myself included. To be young again, or at least younger. . ..

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/15/12 02:40 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Fri 06/15/12 02:45 PM

Happiness is an emotion. Contentment is a choice. That's the difference.

Meow?

Contentment is not an emotion? Care to expand on this?

Why are you meowing at me? Did I offend? I just said what I thought. If love can be a choice, why can't contentment? We choose our attitudes.

Totage, you`d better change your trend. You come across lately in more than one spot on the forums as a self-bloated ego-fanatic who thinks of others as sht, and you express it freely.

Don't make me poop in your shoe. :P

Ooh, bad kitty, shame shame. bigsmile

Totage, did I explain enough? I mean, I know I hardly explained at all. . . I just think of contentment as more of an outlook on life, the result of an evaluation of where I am, where I want to be, and what I consider possible.

To go with the feline model . . . happiness is the cat eating her favorite dinner. Contentment is the cat purring in your lap.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 06/14/12 11:07 PM

Meow?

Contentment is not an emotion? Care to expand on this?

Why are you meowing at me? Did I offend? I just said what I thought. If love can be a choice, why can't contentment? We choose our attitudes.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/13/12 10:10 PM
Chihuahuas were bred to be aggressive and yappy? Well that explains a lot, then.

The fence is pretty solid, I couldn't put more than a finger through it, and if I did Vixen would probably bite it. I can't really be seen through it, and it goes up into trees/hedge way over my head. So if I want to introduce myself, I'd have to go around the block to the front of their house.

Totage, you are so right that the dog just needs to be trained. The dogs on the other 2 sides of me (everyone here seems to have pairs of dogs) yap for just a few minutes and then quit, plus their owners hear them and call them. This is the only neighbor who seems clueless. Their other dog, also a Chihuahua, is really not interested in me. It's just this one.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/13/12 09:46 PM
Dream on . . . .

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/13/12 09:41 PM
Numpties . . . I love it. Plan to use it as soon as possible. Thanks. drinker

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/13/12 09:36 PM

Bravalady's photo
Mon 06/11/12 09:55 PM
She would not be considered cured yet because she's still within the 2-year timespan. I hope we can revisit this story in 2 years and find that she's still well.