Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Mon 06/11/12 09:52 PM
Aren't there physical therapy treatments for it?

Bravalady's photo
Mon 06/11/12 09:51 PM

If the Klan or Black Panthers, Nation of Islam or any other hate group wants to clean up a highway I say let em. Its not going to change their public image in any way because people will still know who they are.

Second!

Bravalady's photo
Mon 06/11/12 09:49 PM
Yeah, its view of its home includes my back yard through the fence, apparently. Trying to make friends with her in her own house is worth a try, good idea. I'll have to set aside my current loathing, but I can do that. Not sure if the owner will cooperate, but at least it's a positive way to approach it if I have to go over there.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 06/11/12 09:43 PM
Impatient, who me?

Wha, have you been following me around?

Bravalady's photo
Sun 06/10/12 11:35 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Sun 06/10/12 11:36 PM
I just moved into a new house, and my back neighbor has the most vicious little Chihuahua. She yap/growls endlessly at me the moment I go out into my yard. There is a fence which she can't get through, but she literally lunges at me through the fence. I don't have to be anywhere near her to set her off, but the closer I get to the fence (which is where my garden is) the worse she gets. The owner ignores her for up to an hour at a time. When he does deign to call her, she goes right in, so it's the owner who's at fault obviously.

My question is, will this dog get quieter about having a new neighbor in a couple of weeks? I hate to make an issue of it when I've barely moved in. I don't want to be the bitchy old lady. But it's really spoiling my enjoyment of my yard.

Please don't just say to confront the owner. I know I may have to do that, though I dread it. My question is whether the dog will get better naturally through time, and how much time.

I've had many dogs myself and always gone out of my way to keep them from annoying the neighbors.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 06/10/12 11:28 PM

And you know what minimum wage says? It's a start and better than no job at all. If one doesn't want minimum wage, work to better yourself. That's what I did. :wink:

Like I said. That's MY code. May not be yours. Maybe it wouldn't bother you to look somebody in the eye and say, "I'm only paying you this much because the law requires me to." In my mind, I wouldn't hire anybody that I thought was only worth $7.25.

need more employers like you,,,,,

Not an employer, but yea, more employers should think that way.

My first job out of high school, I made 1.92 per hour. The alternative was no job at all. I was happy to have it. As time passed, I made more. Some employers, especially small business start ups, can't afford to pay more than the minimum wage at first. The benefit to me was not the pay but the work experience and what I learned. That, was worth more than any minimum wage.

I'd like to know where you got your information about new small businesses. In my (admittedly personal) experience, new businesses decide on their pay rates based on how highly skilled they need their employees to be.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 06/10/12 11:15 PM
Just tell me one thing. Regardless of what answer you might get here, are you actually going to live your life by it? Or are you going to do what seems right to Teadipper?

Bravalady's photo
Sun 06/10/12 07:35 PM
Wux -

I have actually used "themself" in writing noway.

Kick the can at me, or whatever. I hang my head in shame.

Ghostrider, you are an artist. love

All of you folks are right on target.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/08/12 03:00 PM
I forgot this one:

"Everything happens for a reason."

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/08/12 08:59 AM
Seems good, great pictures now. You might put a little more about the kind of person you're looking for. Keep it positive as you've done with your (very good) description of yourself. If you're really just looking for a friend, nothing romantic at all, be aware that will probably reduce your responses. But good luck!

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/08/12 08:46 AM
Okay, now I'm dizzy.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/08/12 08:43 AM
What proof is there that she lied?

My daughter is 1/16 Native American. She certainly doesn't look it, but that doesn't make it a lie.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/08/12 08:38 AM
That is a poorly written quiz. The last question (on welfare) especially had no answer that really reflected what I believed. So I left it blank, and it then decided I was 100% liberal. I went to rank the test by its star system, and it would only let me add stars, not take them away!

Worthless, sorry. Plus I don't know what you'd gain from labeling yourself like that.

I know I should be laughing this all off, but my laugh track seems to have died.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/08/12 08:24 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Fri 06/08/12 08:26 AM
I am sick to death of this phrase and would be thrilled never to hear or see it again. Things can go badly out of control without forming a spiral. In fact, I think they usually do.

What "in" phrases do you want to throw on a metaphorical fire?

I'll add:
touch bases with (should be touch BASE, from baseball)
cultural meme (if this isn't a meaningless word I don't know what is)
any adjective used as a noun ("we're adapted to like sweet")

Fire away! Give your reasons or don't, whatever.

Edited for typo.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 06/07/12 10:05 PM
The Web of Loneliness is great for those who are chronically lonely. Good for those who are just going through a bad patch, too. People there understand what it's like and avoid the cliches.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 06/06/12 09:40 PM
I don't think you can answer this question with words. In my experience (and I do mean my personal experience of wrestling with this very question) the more you try to pin it down the more you can become convinced that you don't have it. It's like a butterfly in that respect.

Remember that according to the Greeks there are many different kinds of love. In our day, with the encouragement of television, we tend to think that it only refers to sexual love or parental love. There are many other kinds that are just as valid, but not accepted as "real love" in our current worldview.

I found that agonizing over this question only made me miserable and increased my self-doubt. I don't think there's any benefit to trying to niggle about it. Let your heart be free and listen to what it tells you. Just listen carefully.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 06/05/12 08:55 AM
Personally, I probably wouldn't have done it for the first phone call like that, maybe the second. But you're the one who knows exactly what she was like and what the whole history is. I don't see that any harm was done, and if you feel safer/less stressed now, then I say fine.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 06/05/12 08:48 AM
What gets me is when people can't tell the difference between opinion and fact. Lot of that going around too.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 06/04/12 11:26 PM
Think the witch doctors bred some little Frankenstein monsters? devil

Or is it a hoax? :banana:

Bravalady's photo
Sun 06/03/12 07:50 PM
I've never heard of spiders swarming. Although maybe it's a bunch of hatchlings, that can happen. Nothing on the size of these critters. Odd that they are unknown to science.

So it turns out that they may not even be venomous after all, it may be the witch doctors. . . .