Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/01/12 01:59 PM
Oh come on, if that were true then my entire generation would be free of cancer.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 06/01/12 01:50 PM
I actually agree with Spider that the feeling of hate is natural. However, I don't believe that everything natural is good.

And for the person who claimed that bigotry against homosexuals doesn't hurt anybody, what world are you living in? The name Ryan White comes to mind. And so many others.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/31/12 02:31 PM
McLuhan classified TV as cool, not hot.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/31/12 02:24 PM
A fetus is a human being. But it's not a physically independent human being, and it is not a "person" in law. It really scares me what could happen if fetuses were granted legal rights. Once you pull down that natural barrier of birth, there's no logical end to the craziness that can ensue.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/31/12 02:08 PM
Losers or none.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/31/12 02:05 PM
What worked for me was applying regular insecticde to them (like you'd use on your plants). Dunk the end of a Q-tip in the insecticide then swab it over the tick.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/31/12 02:01 PM
He and She.
Mom and Dad.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 05/29/12 12:21 PM

Recovery is about getting sober or getting off food as an addiction. Check out the new HBO i think special about Americans and WEIGHT. I think it says something like in order to win WE HAVE TO LOSE.

Also
How does someone support someone in recovery from a compulsion like over/undereating, marijuana or alcohol or cigarettes for example when dating?

I don't believe it is appropriate to get involved in these areas when you are just dating someone. It is their process. If you take it upon yourself to "help" them, then you are controlling. If they ask you to "help" them and you agree, then you are codependent. I think you need to have a very committed relationship before taking on that burden for a person.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 05/29/12 12:03 PM
As far as I can see, everybody is intimidated by those who are more intelligent than they are. When actually what we should be intimidated by is stupid people.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 05/28/12 10:52 PM
I guess if the Mayo Clinic is a bunch of quacks, then it's quackery.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prostate-laser-surgery/MY00611

Bravalady's photo
Mon 05/28/12 12:41 AM
Sale used as a verb.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/24/12 06:57 PM
I just got a book about this, comparing the way Americans used to live with the way we live now. I'm only on page 18, but the author summarized his findings: we really haven't changed that much except that we have MORE of most things. More things to eat, longer lifespans, better health for more people, more people going to church, even. Idealizing the past is normal even for people like historians who should know better. We currently have less violence and move around less than, say, two hundred years ago. He does say that the fact we are more "secure" does not necessarily mean that we FEEL more secure. That's a later chapter which I can't wait to get to.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/24/12 06:51 PM
If I could change anything, I would choose to be born normal.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/24/12 07:40 AM

Now that Korea has gone into the pet cloning business, how long before people begin paying them under the table to clone humans?

Or are they already doing it?

Do you think human cloning is happening under the protection of "classified" technology?

I do.

I don't. What would be the point?

Bravalady

1. Because they can.
2. Genetic engineering people for specific tasks, including the ultimate soldier.
3. Organ donors for the elite who want to live forever.

Cloning is far too expensive and time-consuming to use to create an army. It's much easier just to indoctrinate people who are already living. Plus, clones are basically identical twins, so they have their own brains and personalities. They are not zombies. This also answers the argument about organ donors. It's just more efficient to get already-living people to sell their organs, or to grow individual organs through things like stem cell procedures.

Read Ursula LeGuin's Nine Lives, or practically anything by Nancy Kress.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 05/24/12 07:30 AM

So you prefer your restrooms to have more flies than that? laugh

Hey, some guys think flies are luckylaugh

OK, now I'm really baffled. . . . noway

Bravalady's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:54 PM
I agree with the people who say more exercise. The vast majority of dogs don't get enough. How old is she? Is she arthritic (you'd know if she was)? Teach her to go on a bike ride with you (you bike slowly, she jogs alongside). Or a skateboard would work, I think. If you're up to it yourself, just jog with her. Five minutes twice a day to start, then slowly increase.

Another thing that makes them expend energy is obedience training. Sit, stay, come, heel, the basics. She's not too old to learn, and it will help you control her around other dogs. Although you should work on that aggression separately, and it can be done. My daughter's doing it with their dog. By saying you can't take her to the park because she's too aggressive, you're letting HER determine what the two of you do. Call a local dog club and ask them for help.

A lot of dogs love agility training. You can teach it even inside your house, though outside is more fun. Basically, anything that makes her use her brain is going to require energy from her, LOL.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:44 PM
I used to have mice, they were fun. Gotta keep the boys and girls apart, though, unless you have endless room.

For some reason hamsters and guinea pigs never appealed to me.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:41 PM
Did the vet rule out hyperthyroidism? Did you have the "senior pet" labwork done?

If you've been moving a lot, that could be the reason. I think the older they get, the less they like change. But keep an eye on him. He looks like a nice guy.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:28 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Wed 05/23/12 12:28 PM

Now that Korea has gone into the pet cloning business, how long before people begin paying them under the table to clone humans?

Or are they already doing it?

Do you think human cloning is happening under the protection of "classified" technology?

I do.

I don't. What would be the point?

Bravalady's photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:25 PM
So you prefer your restrooms to have more flies than that? laugh