Community > Posts By > peppermint10

peppermint10's photo
Mon 05/24/10 05:41 PM

Everything happens according to a plan. Most people are trying to find something that is not there. There is no such animal as Mr. right. There are no perfect people on this earth. I am looking for a change. I am never going to find Mrs. right because she does not exist in this world.

You're right jazz, no one is perfect but there is someone perfect for each one of us. We just have to keep looking!

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/24/10 02:24 PM
Edited by peppermint10 on Sat 04/24/10 02:27 PM

And people from Pittsburgh say tahl instead of tool

Epic fail. I have lived around Pittsburgh my whole live and never heard anyone from Pittsburgh say Tahl. We all say tool. I have heard jaggerbush, jimmies, red up, dahntahn, crick, gum band, stillers, but never tahl.

It was in a review of good old Billy Mays, where they pointed out that is how he pronounced it due to being from Pittsburgh.

Got ya. Tahl sounds more like it would be towel to me, then tool, but either way, I still never heard anyone say tahl.

I'm from Pittsburgh too and I never heard it pronounced tahl either. When I first moved to Tenn. someone asked me how I promounce balogna. I said baloney, unless you're in Pittsburgh, then it's pronounced jumbo! Then I had to explain that too.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/24/10 02:14 PM
I hope you found someone for lunch! Looks like I'm a month late. lol Hope you had a good trip anyway!:smile:

peppermint10's photo
Mon 03/22/10 12:37 PM
Whatever you do, be honest with him. Don't leave him wondering what he did wrong or what he could have done differently. If he has feelings for you it will hurt no matter what you say.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 10/05/09 01:28 PM
Has anyone had any luck since this thread started? frustrated lol

peppermint10's photo
Tue 03/24/09 04:48 PM
It's good to see this thread still going 13 months later but I'm still Single in Tennessee!!!
grumble

peppermint10's photo
Wed 12/03/08 03:47 PM

married 20
divorced
widowed 10

yeppers consider myself a divorced widow

I have a similar history, was married 11 yrs, divorced for 12 then remarried him for almost 12 more. We always said married almost 35 yrs. I've been a widow for 8+ yrs now

peppermint10's photo
Wed 07/16/08 06:14 PM
When I meet someone new online, one of the questions I like to ask is what they do, or did in the case of someone who is retired. I'm not fishing for finances, I actually like to know and I don't mind telling anyone what I do if I'm asked. I also ask about music, food and travels but not because I'm trying to find out if they can afford me. Sometimes the questions lead to a real interest we share. I have also been on the other side of that where 'semi-retired' meant a disability check and working under the table and I was expected to pay for everything. A relationship based on finances isn't worth much for either party

peppermint10's photo
Wed 07/16/08 05:59 PM
No one mentioned Barry White or Teddy Pendergrass

peppermint10's photo
Fri 06/27/08 04:28 PM
Hi Flame, thank you. I lived in Jackson Michigan when I was first married. Are you close?

peppermint10's photo
Thu 06/26/08 03:09 PM
I'm 60+ and proud of it!

peppermint10's photo
Sat 06/07/08 04:26 PM
I've been here for 4 years now and love it. Originally from Pittsburgh Pa.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 05/31/08 04:57 PM
Rodney Atkins-If you're going through h3ll.

peppermint10's photo
Thu 05/08/08 03:40 PM
Maybe it's been too long since I've had a date, but I don't remember ever getting a gift on a first date, nor expecting one. I would think he was trying to impress me with a gift rather than just being himself. But that's just me.........:smile:

peppermint10's photo
Thu 05/08/08 03:34 PM
Hi Jim, where in Maryland? I have family there
happy :smile:

peppermint10's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:38 PM

this is not a good day to ask me about the joys of having children. I swear mine is trying to kill me.

I used to say either my son or I would not live to see him turn 21. He will be 38 this summer. We both survived!!laugh

Not sure how much more I could take. I actually heard myself telling her to move out - and she is not yet 18

Been there, done that too! Mine moved out at 17. Only friends who knew what I was going through know how bad it was. Anyone meeting him now would never believe the stories I could tell. Hang in there, they do outgrow it eventually! I think he was in his 30's lollaugh

peppermint10's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:36 PM
Can I vote for a favorite car instead of the driver? I like the M&M car!!

peppermint10's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:17 PM

this is not a good day to ask me about the joys of having children. I swear mine is trying to kill me.

I used to say either my son or I would not live to see him turn 21. He will be 38 this summer. We both survived!!laugh

peppermint10's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:05 PM
Hi Carolanne, my son is adopted so I missed out on giving birth but would not trade him for the world. There were a few things about raising him I could have done without, but can't imagine not having him. He's about to be married this fall but, unfortunately, I don't think she wants to have children. So far I've been able to keep my disappointment to myself!

peppermint10's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:08 PM
Was eating a peppermint pattie......