Community > Posts By > peppermint10

peppermint10's photo
Fri 02/29/08 03:21 PM
That's why I left W. Pa. I was shoveling out my driveway yet again when I decided I'd had enough! The weather in E. Tenn is perfect!

peppermint10's photo
Fri 02/29/08 03:17 PM
Hi Cleo and Lonely. Happy Friday!!!

peppermint10's photo
Thu 02/28/08 04:44 PM
Cold in Arizona? Say it ain't so!! laugh laugh

peppermint10's photo
Thu 02/28/08 04:18 PM
Lonely, we're normally around 60 this time of year here. I've been here 4 yrs now and yesterday is the first time I've seen real snow, not just flurries. My yankee blood doesn't care for the cold anymore! Sure glad I'm not in Toronto Greyhound!! laugh laugh

peppermint10's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:33 PM
Good Evening all

peppermint10's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:31 PM
Hi Lonely, sunny but a cool 40 here in E. Tenn. grumble

peppermint10's photo
Wed 02/27/08 04:46 PM
Good Cleo, thank you. How was yours?

peppermint10's photo
Wed 02/27/08 02:37 PM
Happy Wednesday everyone!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 02/27/08 02:34 PM
Good Evening everyone. Hope all is well!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 02/27/08 02:32 PM
I think in a divorce it depends on whether you're the dumper or the dumpee. As AnnG said death means you never see that person again. In my case, we had time to plan but I don't know if that's any better or worse than an unexpected death. It's still hard.

peppermint10's photo
Tue 02/26/08 05:20 PM
Isn't it nice how you can mellow out after 50? I now understand the old saying that Youth is wasted on the Young!!

peppermint10's photo
Tue 02/26/08 05:17 PM
Winding down after a long day Cleo. Looks like it's pretty quiet here. Either I'm late or too early. laugh

peppermint10's photo
Tue 02/26/08 04:53 PM

Four yrs ago I uprooted myself, found a new job and moved from Pa. to Tn. At this point in my life, I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years and plan to be busier than ever, after I toss the alarm clock!

That had to be quite a move! I just retired three months ago and totally feel you! My grand keeps me busier than I've ever been! I do get to sleep in though, the best thing!

I am afraid though, I will be returning to some type of job though, I like money and being busy! I'll give it a year (for the grand)God willing!

It was quite an adventure but I was at a time in my life when it made perfect sense. I don't know if I'd make the same decision today but I love it hear. I always wanted to retire where it's warm so I'm already here!

I'd like to get some type of part time job after retirement, but it will be something I really enjoy doing.

peppermint10's photo
Tue 02/26/08 04:03 PM
Four yrs ago I uprooted myself, found a new job and moved from Pa. to Tn. At this point in my life, I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years and plan to be busier than ever, after I toss the alarm clock!

peppermint10's photo
Tue 02/26/08 03:51 PM
Hello, how is everyone this evening?

peppermint10's photo
Mon 02/25/08 05:43 PM
Hey lax,it's not so bad! I read your list of music on your profile. I'll admit I never heard of most of them, but check out a local(Knoxville) band called VinylSeason and let me know what you think. They're on MySpace. And for being a good sport, I'll bring pizza instead of cookies!

peppermint10's photo
Mon 02/25/08 05:21 PM
LLH, this was a wonderful idea! Build it and they will come!!

peppermint10's photo
Mon 02/25/08 04:19 PM

Hi pepper. How's things going?:smile:

Going great LLH. Love your comments about Barbie in your profile. My sentiments exactly! Even Barbie gets older! :smile: laugh :wink:

Some women don't care for my comments. They send me hate mail.sad bigsmile

Well, I like it. There must be some men who like 'fluffy' girls!! smokin :wink:

peppermint10's photo
Mon 02/25/08 03:43 PM

Hi pepper. How's things going?:smile:

Going great LLH. Love your comments about Barbie in your profile. My sentiments exactly! Even Barbie gets older! :smile: laugh :wink:

peppermint10's photo
Mon 02/25/08 02:23 PM
Hi Everyone, I just found this thread too. How wonderful to be able to talk to other people who can relate. I'm in Tn, formerly from SW Pa.