Community > Posts By > peppermint10

peppermint10's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:51 PM
I have found most men just don't reply if they're not interested. I try not to be discouraged.

peppermint10's photo
Fri 04/25/08 06:15 PM
Let's prove to the world that older people can adjust!! lol It will just take some getting used to.

peppermint10's photo
Fri 04/25/08 05:45 PM

i am 54 years , proud of it . i have dated women mostly 50 to 65 . even when i was 18 , i dated a 29 year old .i have a lot more fun !:smile: :wink: happy :tongue: the reason i dont post a photo too many are hung up on looks . for you race fans , i am somewhere between mark martin and matt kenseth in looks dept bigsmile

sloehand, I agree, somewhat, with what you say about posting a photo. One of the things I like most about the internet is you can get to know someone without getting hung up on looks. Unfortunately, there are many people who are looking for Barbies and Kens. As for being a race fan, I like to follow the M&M car for obvious reasons! :smile: happy

peppermint10's photo
Fri 04/25/08 05:41 PM

sad Distance does seem to be a problem, not so much because nearby knows you, but the profile info "seems" different maybe? Just today 2 seemingly nice men, but one is age difference and the other was distance...Oh well, guess we'll all get there one dayflowerforyou

Distance isnt a problem if your willing to take the time and meet half way.This weekend Im traveling 710 miles to meet someone I have been talking to on the phone for the last week. nothing can replace a real life meeting.Its worth the travel distance if your looking for the last love of your life.flowerforyou

moman, you're my new hero. I, too, have traveled to meet someone a few times. One almost worked out, but if you dont' try, you might be passing up 'the one'. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! happy :smile:

peppermint10's photo
Thu 04/24/08 04:29 PM
Cleo, where did you find the new site? Is there an ad here somewhere? btw, how are you?

peppermint10's photo
Thu 04/24/08 04:23 PM
I have to agree with angelinboots. It seems a lot of men(no offense guys!) are looking for much younger women. They are passing up mature, loving, experienced women for eye candy! Such a shame ohwell

peppermint10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 04:52 PM

I hate the waking up alone part.

I agree jim, it's the worse part. Coming home to an empty house is a close second.

peppermint10's photo
Sun 04/20/08 11:31 AM

I wonder if they are all searching in the 20-30 year age groups and that's why they are missing us?

You know you're right. If you read the profiles of the men our age, they are looking for young women 18-35 in most cases. If only they knew what they were missing by passing up experience for youth. ohwell ohwell

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 06:13 PM
I have a close friend at work who has postponed her retirement a few times now to pay off some bills while she is still working. We have both said if we win the lottery we will share it so we can both retire! I would put some away for my son but not give it to him all at once. I would want him to continue to work until he is a little older so he wouldn't get lazy. Then I would set up a foundation and donate what is left. I only need enough so I don't have to worry about it. There is such a thing as having too much money. And I believe it was Dolly Levy who said money is like manure, it doesn't do any good until you spread it around!! :wink: :wink:

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 06:07 PM

Have I reached the age where i need to post clipart instead of my photo? happy

You have to believe there is someone that will love you for you!flowerforyou You have to post your picture, how is the love of your life supposed to recognize you otherwise. We can't let the media standards ruin our own self image. You are what God meant for you to be!flowerforyou

What a beautiful thought Cleo. :smile: :smile:

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:54 PM

Hey Peppermint, I was at Cotton Eyed Joes a couple of weeks ago. We had a meet and greet from another website I belong too. It was pretty cool to meet people from there. Bad thing it was all line dancing and no freestyle dancing. Too bad you weren't there with the milk and cookies.

Darn, and I'm always looking for an excuse to bake! It's always fun to meet someone face to face that you have been talking to.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:52 PM

I'm in SE Tennessee also, Cleveland area. I did a check once in another website to see what my competition here in this town and there were only 2 women, counting me, that was my age and 4 men in my age category. What they heck are they doing? What every man I've met is I guess, going to another town to find a lady. Is it safer for them to keep the relationship at arms length that way?

Cherokee, I did a similar search on another site for men my age in the entire state of Tenn and got 4!! Of the 4, 2 were married, 1 wrote nothing in his profile and I have been talking to the other one for 4 months now! His job keeps him traveling 24/7 but we have managed to meet 4 times, the shortest being 10 minutes and the longest for 2 hours. There has to be more single men our age out there somewhere!!! :smile: :wink:

peppermint10's photo
Tue 04/15/08 05:11 PM
I want to go to Vegas and what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas!! :wink: :wink:

peppermint10's photo
Sat 04/12/08 04:29 PM
I was not able to have children. My only son is adopted. My husband and I spent 9 yrs on tests only to be told it would never happen. It's a hard thing to accept, but eventually you face the reality and go on with your life. At the time, there were not the options as there are today. Artificial insemination was just being used but my husband refused that option. Unfortunately, my son is about to marry a lovely girl who cannot have children either, so there will be no grandchildren either.

peppermint10's photo
Wed 04/09/08 05:16 PM
I helped my 2 adult nieces pick out the music for my brother's funeral. They settled on Chuck Berry!!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 04/09/08 05:12 PM
Little Darlin by The Diamonds! Yea, I know, it's really old!!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 04/09/08 05:04 PM
I'm here. How is everyone tonight?

peppermint10's photo
Tue 04/08/08 04:17 PM
I once flew from Pittsburgh to Atlanta TWICE!!! It might have worked out but I needed to know he would make the same trip for me and he wouldn't. I would like to think that distance wouldn't matter if I met the right one but now that I have moved to another state for a job, I'm not interested in moving again so it would have to be within driving distance.

peppermint10's photo
Tue 04/08/08 04:12 PM
Hi Dblnut, everyday is a beautiful day in E. Tenn!! happy happy

peppermint10's photo
Mon 03/31/08 02:13 PM
I still believe in happily ever after and see no reason why it can't happen. The biggest difference is now my Knight in Shining Armor is an older model and might have a few dings but it gives him character and what better way to live happily ever after than with a real character!!!