Community > Posts By > peppermint10

peppermint10's photo
Sat 03/29/08 04:01 PM
Me 4 years ago. Looked and felt better than I have my entire adult life!!!

peppermint10's photo
Thu 03/27/08 06:13 PM

I'm originally from Pittsburgh Pa. and I love the weather here in E. Tenn.

Idk about e. tenn but it suck big time here in w. tenn... I love the weather up north...it is so much better....

The weather up north is great if you like cold and snow and gloom and doom! Pittsburgh gets an average of 36 days of sun per year!!! Really!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/26/08 03:45 PM
I agree with all the freedom comments but I still feel we weren't meant to be alone. I think, at the end of the day, it's nice to have someone to come home to. The key being someone you want to come home to! happy happy

peppermint10's photo
Tue 03/25/08 05:10 PM
Hi Gethappy. Everyone fits somewhere! This is a pretty happy place

peppermint10's photo
Tue 03/25/08 05:07 PM
I always said I would not live with someone without being married. That being said, I did it anyway. In my defense, I moved to another state and he moved with me since we had planned on getting married. Needless to say it didn't work out and it took too long to get him to move out. I don't think I'd do it again but I've learned to never say never!

And as much as some say a marriage license is just a piece of paper, it's a very important piece of paper, at least to me. I want that connection.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 03/24/08 03:22 PM

Commitment is the key...

Commitment is a ball and chain if there is no love.

The word commitment itself bothers me. The definition I found is "the act of committing, pledging, or engaging oneself; a pledge or promise; obligation" Being married shouldn't be an obligation. I think, particularly at our age, most of us have been through the ups and downs of a relationship and realize it's not so much that it takes work to maintain a good marriage, but you can't take each other for granted. Maybe knowing what it takes gives us an advantage we didn't have when we were younger and thought we knew it all.

As for an arranged marriage, it would depend on who was doing the arranging. But if you think about it, what is so different than thinking you're in love with someone you meet online before you actually meet in person.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 03/24/08 03:02 PM
Would I marry again? For me, it would mean belonging to someone but not feeling owned, looking after someone because I wanted to not because I felt obligated and, most importantly, loving someone with all my heart and knowing he felt the same way about me. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

peppermint10's photo
Thu 03/20/08 03:28 PM
#1 on my list would be someone who likes to laugh and can make me laugh, beautiful eyes and a good conversationalist!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 05:12 PM
Still got fingers crossed Kelly!!

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 02:52 PM
I'm originally from Pittsburgh Pa. and I love the weather here in E. Tenn.

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 02:46 PM
For me, I think dating has changed so much since the first time around. It took a while to get used to the idea that women can approach men and not sit back hoping someone notices her. I've also learned that it's more important to me to know what I don't want than to stick to a list of 'wants' in a man. Tall, dark and handsome would have been perfect when I was younger, but I'm much more attracted to what's inside now.

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 02:38 PM
My son will be 38 so 40 would seem creepy for serious dating.

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 02:33 PM
Did you ever wonder if your perfect mate is sitting somewhere in his/her own home wondering the same thing? It should be much easier to find each other. ohwell ohwell :smile:

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 02:28 PM
Maggie, it is always possible. You have to realize that you are the only one like you in the world and any man would be lucky to have you. There are men, and women, who can 'see' beyond physical looks to the person you are inside. To the people looking for Barbies and Kens, but they're not real. Anyone looking for a real relationship will see beyond looks and anyone who doesn't isn't looking for a real relationship. Don't ever give up hope! I haven't.

peppermint10's photo
Wed 03/12/08 02:20 PM
I can join this one! We're not getting older, we're getting better!!!

peppermint10's photo
Tue 03/11/08 06:18 PM

You got it, fingers and toes! But you'll have to return the favor! I met a bus driver online, we've met twice, but only for 10 minutes the first time and less than 2 hrs the second. Right now he's on his way to St. Louis. It's like trying to hit a moving target!!

you got it peppermint!! im glad you found someone you like. im pulling for ya!

Hey Kelly, just saw your update and need details!!! Am really excited for you. Just had 3rd 'date' with Mr. Bus Driver. We're averaging once a month! There's got to be a better way!

peppermint10's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:39 PM
We had 71 yesterday then down to 52 today and high of 40 by the end of the week. I just love this place!

peppermint10's photo
Sat 03/01/08 03:59 PM
Happy Saturday night everyone!!! If I can date myself too, I still have 45's, 33 1/3's, and 8 tracks! I also remember 78's. I think I just passed 'beyond old'!!!! noway noway ohwell

peppermint10's photo
Fri 02/29/08 05:31 PM
Hi everyone Hope everyone is well.

peppermint10's photo
Fri 02/29/08 03:31 PM

Hi Fay --:heart:
The best part of my life has been the last 16 yrs of being sober and entirely turning my life around. Getting through the hard times (like now) one day at a time and not thinking about picking up a drink or doing something stupid.:heart:
Hoping to find someone who I can share the rest of my life with.

Congratulations Twitch. It's all about one day at a time, isn't it?